Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Awakening Emotions ❯ A call for help ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6

A call for help

Kat was finally far enough away from Duke that she could take a break from running for her life. She was breathing heard and she had no clue were she was but all she knew was that she was safe for now. Kat looked around and spotted something she recognized and hoped that the person who owned the building was still at work at this time of night. Kat climbed the steps up to Kaiba Corp's front door and hoped the doors where still unlocked, they were she went inside and headed for the elevator and purest the top floor button. 'Please god let Kaiba still be here and not some cleaning lady' Kat prayed as the elevator came to a stop on the top floor. Kat stepped out of the elevator and walked to the end of the hall were she saw a light coming from Kaiba's office.

"Kaiba?" Kat asked as she knocked on the door.

"What do you want?" Kaiba asked not looking up from his stack of papers.

"Oh thank god it's you Kaiba!" Kat said happily walking into the large office.

"Kat? What are you doing here?" Kaiba asked finally recognizing her voice.

"Please Kaiba help me." Kat said starting to cry from the pain coming from her back and shoulders.

"What's wrong?" Kaiba asked looking at her.

But before Kat answered him she fell to the floor and started crying uncontrollable. Kaiba was truly worried now especially since Kat was in his office asking for help and crying. He didn't waist any time he hurried over to her side and put his arm around her. Kat pulled away from Kaiba as he put his arm around her because it hurt too much to be touched by anyone. Kaiba noticed how scared she was and how much pain she was in, this put up a red flag signaling that something wasn't right and that Kat was shaking and crying.

"Kat tell me what's wrong?" Kaiba asked very worried about her.

"Duke he… he hurt me." Kat said still shaking.

"HE WHAT!!" Kaiba shouted and then regretted it as soon as he saw Kat duck her head.

"I'm so sorry Kat." Kaiba said putting his hand on her shoulder.

"AaaHhh!" Kat screamed in shear pain.

"What did he do to you?" Kaiba asked totally scared of the answer he was afraid of he would receive.

Kat stood up in front of Kaiba and removed her shirt to reveal the very nasty bruise on her back and shoulders. Kaiba gasped at the site of Kat's back it was covered in an assortment of bruises from new ones to older ones that were just now starting to fade away. 'Duke is dead when I find him!' Kaiba thought to himself as Kat put her shirt back on. Kaiba stood up from his position on the floor so that he was his full height in front of Kat.

"I'm so sorry Kat." Kaiba said wanting to comfort her.

Just then Kat through her arms around Kaiba and started crying into his chest. Kaiba gently put his arms around Kat holding her close to his body.

"Ssshhh… It's alright I'm not going to let him hurt you ever again." Kaiba said lightly touching her back.

"K-Kaiba." Kat said through her sobs.

"Seto please call me Seto." Kaiba said kissing her on the top of the head.

"S-Seto, thank you." Kat said still crying against his chest.

There was another knock on the door and Kaiba really didn't want to deal with who ever it was at this point in time because right now all he wanted to do was take Kat to his mansion were Mokuba would be waiting.

"What is it?!" Kaiba said in an irritated voice.

"Kaiba?" Duke said very scared of what might happen to him.

"GET OUT! STAY AWAY FROM KAT!" Kaiba yelled turning around so that Kat was behind him.

"You don't understand Kaiba she's my girl." Duke said really wishing there was something between himself and Kaiba.

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT! GET OUT OF MY OFFICE!" Kaiba yelled stepping closer to Duke.

"Kat please believe me I didn't mean to hurt you. I love you." Duke said side stepping Kaiba.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME! DUKE!!" Kat said going behind Kaiba's desk trying to put space between her and Duke.

"Please…" But Kaiba came out of no wear and socked Duke in the jaw.

That was it Kaiba was done listening to Duke. So he did the only thing he could do to protect Kat from Duke he hit him he actusually hit him and hard the hit sent Duke against the wall with a thud. Duke leaned against the wall he was against for a moment holding his jaw and was very surprised that the normally rather quiet CEO of Kaiba Corp hit him.

"Duke stay away from her! Or so help me your going to regret it!" Kaiba said as he stood between Duke and Kat.

"Damn Kaiba you hit hard." Duke said standing up holding his sore jaw.

"Damn right I do and if you don't want hit again leave NOW!" Kaiba said stressing the last word.

"You can't protect her for ever." Duke said headed for the door.

"Wanna bet?!" Kaiba asked and four huge guards appeared in front of Duke at the door.

"Ok I'm leave call off your guards Kaiba." Duke said irritated.

Kaiba nodded and the guards moved away from the door so Duke could leave and leave he did because as soon as he got out the office door he ran straight for the elevator doors. Kaiba then turned his attention to Kat who was still behind his desk 'Poor Kat I wish I could do more for you other than what I'm doing now.' Kaiba thought to himself as he walked up to Kat giving her a reassuring smile.

"Kat lets go home." Seto said as he grabbed his jacket.

"I'm not going back to him." Kat said watching Seto closely.

"I'm not taking you back to him I would never do that to you." Seto said wrapping his coat around Kat's shoulders.

"Thank you Seto Kaiba for everything." Kat said kissing Seto on the cheek for the first time.

"Your welcome my dear Katrina." Seto said blushing.

Kat looked at Seto and just smiled she knew she would be safe with Seto and she also knew that if Duke tried to hurt her again Seto would send him flying through a wall next time plus the four guards that were watching over both of them as Seto picked up Kat in his strong arms. Kat lied her head on Seto's shoulder as they walked out of Kaiba Corp headed for the limo which would take all of them Seto, Kat and the guards to Kaiba Mansion.

End chapter 6