Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Camouflage ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey people, I'm Sarcastic Pessimist or SP for short. This is my first time writing a yaoi or gay fic, as well as a Yugioh fic for that matter. Since I'm new at this please give me constructive criticism about anything you find dissatifying.

Disclaimer: If I had enough brains to write Yugioh, then I wouldn't be going to school. Life's so unfair isn't it?

On with the story then ^_^ !

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*

Camouflage

Prologue

Yugi POV

I inhaled deeply as I stood outside of grand teak French doors with elegant baroque carvings on them. The air was thick with my anxiety, apprehension, and excitement. I was finally going to receive my first mission in the society of the general public! Previously, all of my missions were either politic or military based, so I am anxious to see what this type of mission is like. Slowly I exhaled and soothed the enthusiasm within me. I put on my most poised grin and confidently opened the door with all the ease of a smug hyena. As soon as I stepped onto the raised terrace with the delicate tendrils of grapevines intertwining with the palisade that formed the rack of the grapes, I heard the my boss, Akito, greet me in his usual mild yet pleasant way.

"Hey there Yugi! Isn't it a beautiful day today!"

"Yes, it is. Akito-san, you could me here to tell me my newest mission right?"

"Correct Yugi. I believe I already told you what type of mission it is. So now I'll tell you what your assignment is. You are to go to Domino City and attend the local high school. There, you will meet two prestigious youths in their senior year. These young men are the infamous twin prodigies of the business world and the CEOs of Kaiba Corps, Seto Kaiba and Yami Kaiba. Your mission will be to protect these two from the suspicious Pegasus, owner of Industrial Illusions."

"So what am I gonna pose as?" I was impatient to find out what type of disguise was needed for this mission.

"Patience is a virtue, Yugi," Akito chided gently," You are going to pose as one of the students in their senior year at high school. Even though you are only sixteen and slightly vertically challenged, I believe that you are intelligent enough to camouflage perfectly among the seniors of Domino High. However, I also need you to get close to these two young men so you are going to pose as a girl."

"What??!!! I can't be a girl!!!" I was absolutely mortified. Why do I have to be a girl when other people who get assignments like this don't?

"Well, it's quiet simple. All youths are basically walking raging hormonal maniacs. To get close to two young men who have rampant hormones, you have to be a girl. Besides, you are already quite feminine. The only thing we have to do is to get your hair to stay down."

I sighed and gave in to the insistent persuasion of my boss.

"Fine. Whatever you say, Akito."

"Excellent. I'm so glad we see eye-to-eye Yugi!! Now Yurika will do your hair and tell how to act like a girl. Please exit through the door by the eastern side of the terrace."

I sighed and walked away. This was going to be a long day.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Yugi POV

Currently, I'm sitting in a chair listening to Yurika talk. She is quite a chatterbox if you ask me, which you didn't but I just going to tell you any way. She is presently telling me all the rules to `being a normal female.' The thing is I don't even think I'm a `normal' male, so how can I be a normal female.

"Yugi, are you listening to me," Yurika questioned me.

"Yes," I replied monotonously.

"Good, because you have so much to learn," Yurika replied in her oh so perky way.

"Oh, joy," I commented sarcastically.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Yurika in sort of way, but she can be a pain in the ass if you get what I mean. She has this tendency to become hyper at the very mention of anything that is slightly feminine. That can be really annoying at times. I think that I'm just gonna keep tuning her out and go to sleep with my eyes open. It's a really useful skill if you ask me. I know you didn't ask me, but I `m just gonna tell you this anyways.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well I hoped you enjoyed that!! Sorry its kinda short, but I'll try to write more. In case you want to know, the pairing is Yugi/???. Even I don't know who, but I bet you know who the two choices are!! I'm going to start the poll now to see whether this is a K/Y fic or a Y/Y fic.

Please review and tell me your opinions on my story!!

^__^