Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Do You Dream of Me? ❯ Appearances ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: If I owned Yu-gi-oh, Yami would have started picking out Yugi's clothes earlier.

AN: I know I said no talking until Death-T, but I just got home from Spain and realized how long it's going to take to get there. So, I have two options. Skip several shadow games, and come back and do them afterwards, or find some other good time for them to start talking. D-T is going to be the first physical body though. I have this great scene that I am not scrapping! Any suggestions?

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV AVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Yugi yawned. He'd had to spend all day yesterday calming down Yami. He'd been so scared… it had hurt to see him like that. He'd felt Yami draw strength from him and push it into spells he had around Yugi… protective spells, Yugi had sensed, half-asleep from the drain. Yami seemed to reinforce and shape almost instinctively. Yugi had worried about working magic while not capable of thought, as Yami had not woken up, but the ease with which it was done had reassured him.

He hoped the next person to bug him didn't have anything too permanent happen to him. Yami had been practically vibrating with rage the entire time, at the very concept of anyone wishing to harm his precious Master. Yugi had felt vicious satisfaction when one particular spell series had been properly nudged into place.

Yugi frowned. 'It's not really fair… I expect him to be the strong one, to protect me, but he's really just a kid… I solved the puzzle what, almost two months ago?'

He looked down at Yami, who was in his customary draped-all-over-Yugi position. He smiled and kept playing with his hair. It helped calm Yami down and the soft hair felt nice on his hands. 'He needs me. He is really just dependant on me. Without me, he'd be tortured… Kawaii! Is he purring? Humming, anyways… Kawaii!"

Yugi spread his arms out and sent an invitation to Yami, who semi-sat up, leaning on Yugi, so Yugi could hug him. Yami rested his head on Yugi's shoulder, his face touching Yugi's neck. The feel of Yami's lips on his neck, vibrating with Yami's continuing hum of pleasure, caused Yugi to shiver. They were so soft and firm and warm…

The alarm clock rang. -I'm sorry! I have to go now!- Yugi ran out of his soul room. He felt a flash of worry cross Yami's mind, but he told him to hush, now and Yami obeyed, calming.

Yami settled deeper into sleep as Yugi resumed control over his body and got ready. He'd better be a little slow, didn't want Grandpa to figure out he hadn't really been sick, but not slow enough that Grandpa would make him stay home another day.

VAVAVAVAVAV

It was time for gym. Yugi had been dreading this all day. -I'm really sorry, Yami, but I have to take off the puzzle. It'd get in the way, there's no way the teacher would let me keep it…-

Instead of the expected flash of fear and reluctance, Yugi felt a proud smile. And the puzzle… disappeared.

-What!?-

Yami, very satisfied with himself, sent Yugi the knowledge. The puzzle was hidden in a fold in space. It was still with Yugi, but he couldn't see it or touch it.

Yami prodded him. Well? Did Master like?

-Yes! It's a very good idea, Yami! Now I don't have to be separated from you! You can bring it back, right?-

Yes. Now?

-No! But later, right? I like being able to feel it, it comforts me to know that you're with me.-

Yami make Master happy to be with!? So happy!! :Glomp:

-Yami! Down!-

Smile.

Yugi smiled too. Yami was so kawaii…

VAVAVAVAVAV

"Hey, Yugi!" Yugi heard as he left school, the Millennium Puzzle back where it belonged.

Yugi turned. "Hi, Jou! Hi, Honda! Heading home?"

"Oh, no! You're not going to ask him!? Jou, I thought you said you knew someone who could help me! He doesn't know a thing about romantic stuff!" Honda realized what he had been saying and turned sheepishly to Yugi. "Uh, sorry bud, but it's true."

"Relax, man. His grandpa's store ought to have something good." Jou patted Honda on the back.

"Um, guys? What's up?" Yugi asked, confused.

"Well," Jou said, "It's like this. You know Miho? The student librarian who wears the yellow ribbon?"

"Ah, beautiful Ribbon." Honda sighed.

"As you can guess from that, the silly git's in love with her. And I said I knew someplace he could get a cool present, something that would really stand out. And I thought about your Gramps' game shop. Let's go!"

"Jou, this is gonna be a waste of time…" Honda followed behind his friends, who were busily chatting about possibilities.

VAVAVAVAVAV

"Well, well! Do I have something for you!"

"I don't know. Do you?" Honda said, thinking, 'This is a waste of time!'

"Honda!" Yugi said accusingly.

"Chill, man." Jou flashed a peace sign and grinned. Honda glared.

"It's not funny!"

"You're the one who cracked the joke. Go on, Gramps."

Sugoroku reached up above him to a box on a shelf. "I haven't told Yugi the story yet, but this was how I got his grandmother!"

He held out a box. "This is it! This is a blank puzzle! You write down your feelings, then break it up and send it to her! As she puts it together piece by piece, your words appear! Isn't it romantic?"

Jou snickered, then burst out laughing. "Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha! Honda! I can't imagine you with this!"

Yugi had sweatdropped.

Honda grabbed the box. He looked serious. "Yes…this is it! This is GREAT! Yeah! This is just right! I'm romantic… I'll take it, old man!" He plunked the money down on the table.

Sugoroku smiled, holding the money. "I'm glad you like it!"

Jou and Yugi stared, shocked.

"B-but…hold on…what should I write? I… I've never written a love letter…what should I do?!" He looked around desperately. His gaze settled on Yugi, who sweatdropped. "YOU write it, Yugi!"

"Whaaa?!"

Honda grabbed Yugi's hand and held it to his heart. "Feel how hard it beats! Take this passion and put it into words! It's not that hard!"

"Why me?! It's your crush!"

"Just do it!"

"Make me and I'll sic Yami on you! I don't know how to be romantic!"

"Yeah, man! Having someone else write your love letters is pretty cheap. Come on, we'll all help you out. Right, Yugi?"

Yugi smiled. "Right!"

They went up to Yugi's room and brainstormed.

"How about, 'My beloved Ribbon, You look perfect in your yellow ribbon. I love you more than anything in the universe.' What? Why are you guys looking at me like that?"

Jou turned to Honda. "Now are you glad you didn't make him write it by himself?"

Yugi blushed and looked at his feet, embarrassed.

Yami stirred. ? Master unhappy?

-Don't worry, I'm okay. I'm just not good at being romantic.-

Denial. Master perfect at Everything.

:Hug: -You're so sweet…-

"Look, Honda." Jou was saying. "Just come up with something honest. Like, I think you're really smart and I would like to take you to a movie sometime. Don't try to be cute. You'll just look stupid. And anyways, why don't you just come up with something by yourself? We'll help you sneak it into her desk tomorrow, right Yugi?"

"Right!" Yugi nodded, smiling.

VAVAVAVAVAV

Ms. Crono, aka the Wicked Witch of Expel, punched the bathroom mirror so hard it broke. "How dare that fool dump ME! I'm the one who dumps people! He took that from me… I have all this beauty and he dumped me… I won't forgive him!"

Her face was contorted with anger, far from the beautiful mask she normally showed the world. "Oh dear… such a face… make-up, make-up…"

As she stared in the mirror she thought, 'This stress is bad for my skin! I know, I have to blow off some steam!'

She left the bathroom and walked into the class she was teaching next. Yugi's!

"Good Morning, class!" She said smiling.

Still acting sweet, she continued, "Alright, everyone! I'd like your attention! Before we open our textbooks today… Empty the contents of your desk and bag onto your desk! It's Inspection Time!" She laughed to herself inside her mind, still letting only innocent happiness show on her face. A sharp contrast to the demonic mask her anger had revealed.

Yugi and Jou were horrified. Honda was going to get in trouble! Dating wasn't allowed!

Miho was confused, finding a package in her desk. Honda laid his head on his arms, groaning.

Ms. Crono continued laughing to herself. This felt sooo good!

She walked down the rows and stopped at Miho's desk.

"Well… What is this Miss Nosaka?"

As Honda and his friends looked on, horrified, Miho stammered, embarrassed, " Ah… Um… I don't know… I found it in my desk…"

Smiling, Ms. Crono ripped the pretty bow and wrapping paper off the box.

Honda glared angrily and Jou thought, 'That witch!'

"Well, well… A jigsaw puzzle! My, this is fun. You put the pieces together and a message appears1 You get caught up in this sort of thing!"

She smiled as she worked on the puzzle on her table at the front of the room. "What's this?" She said tauntingly. "Dear Ribbon, I know you're busy with being the librarian, but you seem like a very nice person, and I was wondering if I could buy you a milkshake sometime. Please let me know if I could. Thank you,…"

The class looked sympathetic, and Miho was just embarrassed. Honda was enraged that this witch would hurt Ribbon by reading a private message out loud.

"Now! Who gave this to her! Hee, hee… It's in the school rules! Underage dating is strictly prohibited! This puzzle is a date waiting to happen!! Now will the sender please stand up! I may forgive you if you confess!"

She smiled sweetly as she thought, 'Hee hee… He's DEAD!"

Honda was ashamed by how his gesture of affection was embarrassing Ribbon in front of the whole class. He stood up…

"I did it! I put the puzzle in her desk!" It was Yugi!

"NO! I put her desk!" Jou had stood up as well!

Honda smiled, but said, "Thanks guys, but that's enough. It's my message in that puzzle!"

Ms. Crono was amused. Faking shock, she asked, "W-Why are there three of you? Someone is lying!"

Jou smiled. "Teach, none of us are lying!"

"Hee, hee… Of course! I just need to finish the puzzle! These last four pieces will reveal the guilty party's name! When I find out who it is… He's Expelled!" 'Oho Ho Ho!'

'Honda! Yami, please! Help him!'

The Millennium Puzzle glowed, and time stood still.

'Ms. Crono… How dare you wound Honda-sama and Nosaka-san's souls! The feelings of my Master and his friends are in that puzzle!'

He felt his Master's anger, and resolved to quickly solve the matter. That harsh emotion should not be allowed to touch his Master's pure soul. He cursed the witch for putting it there.

'Now, by the power of the Millennium Puzzle, I change that jigsaw puzzle into a shadow game!'

Strange, that the puzzle would volunteer its power. Or perhaps not so odd. He felt its glee at what he planned. He would have preferred to not accept its help, but to avoid using his Master's energies, he would swallow his revulsion.

'Now as much as you hurt others, you will hurt yourself!'

Time unfroze, and the last piece clicked into place. "I have the name!" Ms. Crono said. The class stared. Why was her face… cracking? She didn't have that much make-up on, did she?

"The person being expelled is… Hon…"

And the pieces scattered, falling off her face, revealing her true nature.

Screams of revulsion and cries of 'Look!" Swept the class. Ms. Crono was so ugly!

Yami felt Yugi's question and replied, --I've removed the make-up of her soul. That is her true face. No matter how much make-up she piles on, she won't be able to cover up her ugly nature."

Ms. Crono threatened the class if they ever revealed her secret and fled.

Yami smiled at the victory. His Master approved! --Master, you were so brave, defending Honda-sama. It is just more evidence that you are perfect. Only you deserve to be my Master!-

Embarrassment.

Yami smiled. --Don't be so modest, Master. It's obvious to everyone that sees you that you are perfect.--

Negation. Yami frowned. Why did his Master not see how perfect he was? He actually believed that he was imperfect? That there was something wrong with him? Impossible! His Master was intelligent enough to see something so obvious as his glory. Unless… someone had deceived him?! Told him he wasn't good enough for something?!

He sent an angry query, and received shocked negation.

Yami smiled. So. His Master was simply modest. Another perfect quality, in one so innocent.

He returned to sleep. It was sooo good, after so long in the puzzle trapped in an agonized wakefulness, to simply let himself go, rest secure in the safety and comfort of his Master's caring. He was so lucky…

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV AVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Pharaoh Atemu's Angel: Yes, they are perfect together. And thanks.

Silvershadowfire: It will be. I can't wait to write that scene!

Amarin Rose: Eventually there will be. And thanks!

SilverWing147: Yes, thanks, and here you go.

Strega: Exactly, exactly, exactly! Read the rant on my Author's page. And I'm glad you liked the line.

Osiris-Lee: Actually, he didn't. Yami is not going to be fiendish! In this, although I like that…

Animestargirl: Yes, you are. Could you please tell me when you're going to stop? I can't take much more of this! It's on my favorites list. And I will stop very soon after Death-T! I have the conversation all scripted out.

Flowacat: Thanks for the pixi sticks! And here you go! I love demanding reviewers!

Aislynn Goldleaf: Yes, you do. It rocks! And thanks.

Cherazz22784: I used to do it too! And a couple chappies after Death-T.

Shining Charizard: Thanks!

Lily Maxwell the Dark Angel: I have a terrible desire to rush! And thanks for complimenting!

Panseru: Yes, and yes!

Lucidscreamer: I know, I know that always happens to me…

Slyvia Viridian: That's why I want to speed things up.

Amber Eyes: He was completely dependant. Even in canon. And he was still shaken. More than shaken.

Faith-Kitty and Jolly-Rancher: Thanks and here you go.

Angel Reaper: Thanks… and I have a conspiracy theory re Shadi. So I don't like him.

Pharohs-slave: Well… personality is based on A. experiences and B. goals. Yami has no memories, so he has few experiences, all people trying to hurt Yugi, Yugi's friends, and Yugi. And he has one goal: make Yugi happy. So he's not a very complex character. I rather like the fact.