Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Do You Dream of Me? ❯ Nightmare ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Thank you, thank you to everyone who recommended this story! It is on the recommended list! I feel so loved!

Okay, this is a filler chappie. Because I thought there would be at least one weekend when I would not be able to update while in Spain, I did not bring Shonen Jump 4, and I don't want to do the Kaiba duel without it.

Thank Amber Eyes for this Chapter, it was her suggestion.

Disclaimer: If I owned Yu-gi-oh, Shadi would have been allowed to drop to his doom.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV AVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

"Night, Grandpa! I'm going to go to bed now, okay?"

Grandpa frowned. "Are you feeling well, Yugi? You've been going to bed very early lately. Aren't teenagers supposed to want to stay up late?"

"I'm fine, Grandpa. I've just been really busy. And it hasn't been so painful getting up in the mornings since I started doing this."

"Oh. Goodnight, Yugi. Pleasant dreams."

Yugi ran up the stairs to his room and threw himself into bed. He pulled the sheets up, closed his eyes, and ran along the corridor in his mind to where Yami was.

Yami had pulled himself halfway up and looked at Yugi with his eyes closed, a happy smile on his face.

-I'm back!- Yugi got into this bed, and Yami snuggled up to him as he had since Yugi started sleeping in his soulroom. Yugi was still sitting up halfway, so Yami's head rested on Yugi's lap, one of his arms went around Yugi's back, and the other over Yugi's legs.

Yugi smiled down at him. 'He's so peaceful and happy…' -You know, you are really just too lucky. You get to sleep all day, while I have to go to school. The only thing productive you ever do is protecting me. Not that I'm not grateful, but…-

Happy! Everything wonderful, because of Master. :nuzzle:

'Ah!' Yugi managed to stay silent until Yami stopped nuzzling him…there. 'It's just an innocent gesture, I'm sure he didn't think about it that way, I would have been able to sense it.'

Yugi frowned down at Yami, still radiating happiness. 'He thinks of me as the source of all light, but he's so cheerful too…He's like the evening sun, ready to go to sleep…' Yugi pushed Yami gently, not enough to push him off, but so that his head was on his legs instead of his lap. 'There.'

Yugi frowned again. 'He didn't sense my reaction? No, I would have felt that. Hello? Can you hear me?' No response.

-Do you hear everything I think, or just what I send to you?-

Partial agreement. Then Yugi felt a memory, himself feeling alarm and Yami rousing.

-Of course, I should have remembered. You know when I'm feeling blue or danger…I tried to get you to wake up by faking those emotions, remember?-

Smile. Master clever!

-So you can show me your memories? That explains why sometimes I've gotten information more detailed than feelings…you showed me what you knew?-

Yes.

-So…can you show me the times you woke up before you started linking to me? What about the first time you woke up?-

Yugi found himself chained down and in pain, then he felt Yami's alarm and apology and things…fast forwarded. He felt himself be filled with memories of Yugi's life, the affection for the person who was the source of the saving light fill him, the determination to defend him, to have justice for the harm Ushio had done.

He saw the game, was horrified when Ushio cheated by trying to stab Yami, even though Yami had expected it, and was impressed by Yami's construction of the spell, making it so that it took little of his Master's energy, and would still come off when Ushio realized the unimportance of money.

The memory ended as Yami lay back down to sleep.

-Wow…- Yami was so cool! When he was asleep, or awake and concentrating on Yugi, he was soft, loving…but when he had a task to accomplish, in defence of his Master, he was all business, the soft wrapping pulled away to reveal a sharp, dangerous mind. It was like Yugi…drugged him. He couldn't think of anything else but pleasing him.

'That's not so good…I want him to be my equal, not my slave. But it makes him happy to be my slave…he wants to serve me, to have me be pleased with him. If I ordered him to kill, he'd do it without a second thought, even though he thinks killing is wrong unless there is absolutely no other option. He thinks I'm like a god, the source of everything good.'

Yugi needed to know more. -Can you show me the second time you woke up? When you stopped that movie guy from having me beat up and Jou too?-

Of course. Whatever Master wishes.

Awareness of someone about to attack, triggered by one of the spells placed to alert him of such things…

So he could fight…Yugi was stunned by the grace Yami showed in blocking the strikes. Poor Jou! He can do all that magic, it's so cool…Asking Jou's opinion, the respect for Jou as one who had sought to defend the Master…Yami's shame at almost forgetting Yugi's request, his frantic search for pen and paper…asking Jou to tell Yugi things instead of a note…talking to Jou about getting stronger, Yugi hoped it happened soon…

"Master is the one who freed me, and out of gratitude and admiration I have sworn to serve him to the best of my ability forever."

"I owe the Master everything."

"…Yugi-dono…"

In Jounouchi-sama's debt…

Yugi pulled out of it as Yami returned to sleep. He blushed, remembering his annoyance with the spirit when he had thought Yami had forgotten the note Yugi had asked. 'He'd never forget to do something for me…but that was informative.'

Yugi stroked Yami's hair while he thought. 'He just really feels like he owes me, too much to ever pay me back, but he wants to spend however long he has trying…How am I going to get him to treat me as an equal when he has me on this pedestal?' Yugi sighed.

Yami twitched, feeling Yugi's distress. What was wrong?

Yami patted him again. -It's nothing, don't worry.-

Relaxing again. So good…light and warm and with…

Yugi smiled. 'It's no surprise he's grateful, really. I saved him from that horrible existence, and now it's like he's in heaven…but I want him to like me for who I am, not because he depends on me and wants to serve me…like me? Where did that come from…'

Yugi looked down at Yami. 'He is very pretty…but no, I can't! He's only a few months old! It'd be corrupting a minor! He doesn't know he has options! What if he fell in love with someone else, and felt he couldn't be with them because it would hurt me?'

'What if…' This was the most horrible thought of all. 'What if he said he loved me just to make me happy? Just because he owed me, and didn't know he had the right to refuse? What if I…No! I can't use him that way!'

Yami stirred again, at Yugi's great distress. Worry? Master okay?

Yugi tried to calm down. -It's all right…- He sent as Yami snuggled closer. He continued to stroke Yami's hair. ´No', he told himself. 'I won't do that to him. Friends. That's what I wished for on the puzzle. A friend. And that's what I'll have.' He breathed out. 'I'd better get to sleep before any more horrible thoughts cross my mind. Wouldn't want to have nightmares…'

He slid down until he was lying flat on his back. Yami shifted so that his head was on Yugi's chest, tucked right under his chin. Lying half on him, with his chest leaning against him, hugging him with both arms and one leg lying on top of Yugi's.

Yugi drifted off, as he had so many nights before, knowing he was safe, and protected, and …loved. Even if it was only the love of a child for a parent.

VAVAVAVAVAV

Yugi ran from the faceless bully that pursued him. Where was Yami? Why wasn't Yugi falling asleep? -Yami! Help!-

And Yugi saw Yami appear, and shatter the image. It was the real Yami. He walked over to him and laid his head on Yugi's shoulder, purring.

-We're both dreaming? Cool!- But as Yugi reached for Yami's hand, the scene shifted to the locker room and Yugi found himself moving without willing it, acting out a scene.

'I must be being dreamed by Yami now…I wonder what he's dreaming about? I'm taking off the Puzzle like I have to for gym…I hate doing that! I keep it in the bathroom with me when I shower, and I sleep with it on so I don't have to take it off. It's the only time I'm without Yami…'

He saw himself walk off and Yami leave the light of Yugi's mind for the antechamber of the puzzle. 'It's a giant dark maze? Creepy…'

The scene shifted to the outside of the school, where he found himself under attack! Golden light protected them, but one of the figures gestured and Yami's wards vanished. He died soon after, and was released from his role.

Yami stood in horror as he felt the light, which before had been distant, but still present, go out. He screamed and screamed in grief as chains wrapped around him and dragged him to a room where things written on the walls had been chiselled off. Yami's soulroom?

In the middle was an alter. Yugi had to avert his eyes as more chains, with cruel spikes, dug into Yami's skin. His screams had turned to despairing sobs, and there was blood, so much blood…

Dark tendrils started to swirl in the room, smashing the few things in it. A shrine to a golden figure, portraits of Jou and Anzu and Honda…

Yami's sobs turned to whimpers, and Yugi knew his memories of the time he had been free were being erased. He felt Yami's desperate need to hold to the memory of his beloved Master…

Yugi woke up. He dove back in his soulroom, and shook Yami awake. As he felt himself go to sleep, he felt Yami cover him, desperate to make sure he was still fine, still safe, still alive…

He felt hands run all over his body before wrapping around him tight. He felt Yami's face be rubbed against his neck, as he drew in deep breaths of Yugi's sweet scent…he felt Yami's racing heartbeat against his chest, and dreamily sent concern, and reassurance, and calm…

At last Yami quieted, and they slept, but only for a while, for Yami soon roused, desperate to confirm that the dream had been just a dream…

Yugi opened his memories of what a dream was. Yami didn't know what dreams were? He'd thought it was real? Yugi shuddered, and wrapped his arms around Yami, desperate to make him feel better.

Yami calmed again…but the cycle happened again and again. Yami was so afraid…

Yugi shook himself awake, and felt Yami obediently go dormant. -How about you show me another memory? Maybe if you think of something else…-

Yami meeting Honda-sama and Hanasaki-san…

Yugi awoke to Yami nuzzling him frantically. -Another.- 'That wasn't good enough.'

Reluctance.

-What's wrong? Just show me.-

Obedience.

Waking up, seeing…beauty. Perfection. Reaching out to touch it wonderingly. Was it real? Frozen. Hpynotized. A noise! Master was supposed to wake up now! He'd used up too much of Master's energy. Shame.

'Great, now he feels worse…' -Skip the convict. What about Kokurano?-

This one was better. Defending Master, touching his warm mind…saving Mazaki-sama. Success. Teach Master magic, make him strong. Make him happy he had Yami.

'He's a little calmer now…' -There's only been one more time you woke up? Well? Show me.- :Hug:

Protecting Master's idea…healing Jounouchi-sama. Annoying Goro, not realizing he was beaten…the touch of Master's mind through it all, so warm and kind and intoxicating it was hard to concentrate, but for Master he could do anything…realizing he was wasting Master's time and waking him up. Master was reluctant to wake up? Wanted to spend more time like this…love…

Yugi hugged him tight. Yami was more relaxed now. And Yugi understood him better. This hadn't been so bad, right?

'Now to get some sleep.' Yawn.

Ring! Ring!

Yugi pulled himself out of his soulroom and looked at the alarm clock. It couldn't be morning already! He was still tired!

-That's it! I'm faking sick.-

Yami pulled him into his soulroom and glomped him again, worried since Master had left.

-It's alright, Yami. Sheesh!-

Master unhappy? Horror! Apology!

-It's okay, but I need to wake up!-

Refusal to let go.

Ring! Ring!

"Yugi? Are you up yet? Why haven't you shut down the alarm?"

Yugi pulled himself out long enough to groggily say, "Grandpa? I think I really am sick. Can I just go back to sleep and skip school today?"

"My…alright, Yugi. If you 're like this after sleeping so long, there's defiantly something wrong with you." Grandpa turned the alarm off as Yugi was pulled back in his soulroom.

As he was being frantically nuzzled and hugged by Yami, Yugi thought, "Sleeping so long…riiiiiiiiight."

-Yami! Down!-

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV AVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

I know, I know, but I can't make it too easy for them, can I?

Pharaoh Atemu's Angel: I agree. It was great. It was written by me, wasn't it? ;)

Chibi Pharaoh Yami: Here you go! And not real talking until Death-T, sorry. Although they are getting better at communicating…

Animestargirl: Yes, they are the cutest, aren't they?

Osiris-Lee: Glad you liked my fluff!

Anime Crazed: Yes, the manga rocks. And yes, he is.

Pharaohs slave: Hi! Thanks, and here you go!

Silvershadowfire: I go into that more here…and thanks. I got a complaint about the game, but I was stupid and broke the grill, so they couldn't use it. Of course, I could have had Yami make another…

Jamoozalee: Yes, I thought so. That's why I'm doing it. And no idea as to length. Until it gets repetitive. And thanks!

Flowacat: Yes…no applause, no applause.

Copperwolf: Whoa! Are you people trying to make my ego even bigger than it is? 'Cause I gotta tell you, it's working!

Cherazz22784: See above.

Strega: Also during Death-T. And thanks! I try to update everything every weekend.

Angel Reaper: You are so mean! Poor Anzu… And I'm doing my own version of every shadow game. And Shadi is going to be a surprise…or not, since I think the Devotion chappie with my view of him might possibly be out first. Or not. We'll see. And I know, I know, that shadow game rocked! It just didn't work out, I'm just as dissopointed as you are.

Amber Eyes: Great Idea! I'd wanted to do a Yugi looks at Yami's memories chappie, but it wasn't going to be long enough.

Sylvia Viridian: O.o. I totally understand, and thanks! (The O.o is re your Bakura's comment.)

Swtdreams07: Sorry! I have an ungodly high reading level. The chappie seemed understandable to me, but…thanks for continuing.

Serpent of Light: Thanks, and here you go!

Seventeen reviews! Three less than for last chapter, boo hoo hoo. Make up for it? Pretty please with sugar on top? Thanks! Love you!