Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Do You Dream of Me? ❯ Chapter 52

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-gi-oh.
 
Sorry about this being only slightly different from the manga-this is a novelization project as well as a re-write. Buy the manga! I swear there's original plot in the next chapter.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - -
 
“I'll input the data on Zorc's attack power, the die roll, the characters' defense points, hit points, damage… the end result will be the number of hit points each player character has remaining. Well, no matter what, it'll be less than zero. What?!” Bakura stared at the screen of his host's laptop.
 
They each still have one hit point left? That can't be! Something's gone wrong!
 
The figurines struggled to their feet.
 
“You made it!” I knew it! I knew they'd be okay, and Yugi couldn't be dead, otherwise I would have had to… the Puzzle would have taken him again.
 
Seto was also relieved. He and Seth were looking at each other and Seto's hand reached to touch Seth once.
 
“You all right guys?” Joey asked.
 
“Good, everyone's alive!” Hiroto confirmed.
 
The game isn't over yet!
 
Yup!
 
How? The thief asked himself. How did they… What was that tapping sound?
 
His left hand was moving on its own! He looked at the screen again.
 
It said, “I am Ryou Bakura. I won't let you kill my friends. I'll fight too.”
 
But… I locked my host's conscousness away, deep down so he wouldn't have to see this… how did he come to the surface? He remembered that the Zorc figure's left hand had been cut off. Since his soul was linked to the Zorc figure… It's impossible but it's real! Ryou Bakura is controlling my left hand!
 
“Dice roll!” Yami rolled. 05! Joey the warrior destroyed Zorc's left eye. The pain made Bakura close his own eye.
 
“I'll say it one more time, Bakura! It's not over yet!” Yami bared his teeth.
 
“Yugi, you're making me mad…” Bakura said quietly. I was nice enough to let you play in my world and you ingrates repay me by rebelling against the master! I was going to be nice and let you live on as `Monster World' miniatures! But no more! Death to all players! I'll bury you in eternal night! That noise. More typing. He glanced at the screen.
 
“I won't let you control me anymore! I'm going to help my friends strike you down!”
 
Annoying. But what can you do with just one hand? He taunted Ryou. “If I do this,” Bakura moved the laptop, “and place the computer where my left hand can't reach it you're powerless!” He laughed.
 
Bakura's expression changed when he checked the game data on the computer. What in the world is going on? I know he made some sort of miscalculation…
 
He said something to himself. I couldn't make out the words, but he muttered something.
 
Maybe it's the key to winning! Yugi thought, excited.
 
“All right, back to the game! The warrior strikes a perfect hit! His short sword gouges out Zorc's left eye! However, Zorc's hit points are lowered only a fraction.”
 
“This sucks! No matter how many criticals we get, we can't do Zorc any real damage!”
 
`His defenses are too good! We're all Level 1! He's Level 15!”
 
“How in the world can we defeat Zorc?” Especially with only one hit point left each!
 
First things first, we have to restore everyone's hit points—fast! Magician Anzu can use her healing magic on her turn. But if Zorc attacks before she can go, we're dead for sure!
 
Anzu was praying for her turn to come next. Her level was too low to use magic to raise the dead!
 
“Now, according to the initiative scores, Anzu's magician goes next.”
 
“Phew!”
 
“We're saved!”
 
“But--! Zorc's score is tied with Anzu's! That means they both go at the same time!”
 
Zorc cackled.
 
“In this case, the first attack is decided by a die roll! Is that fair enough for you, Yugi?” Bakura looked evil, even more so with one eye closed.
 
Yami waited for the catch.
 
“We both throw the dice. The one who rolls closest to 00 goes first! This is it! If you win initiative, the magician's healing magic can save everyone's lived! However, if I win, Zorc's next attack will wipe them out! Are you ready?”
 
Yami's game face was set.
 
“Let's go!” They both let the dice fall.
 
Bakura laughed inwardly. The soul of one of my former players is sealed in these brainwashed dice! They always roll a Super Critical!. Bakura saw a 00! “A Super Critical! I win!”
 
Yami had a 09!
 
“Ha ha! The game is over, Yugi! Prepare yourselves! Zorc moves faster than Anzu! He raised his claw to stroke and…”
 
Yami chuckled.
 
“Wh—what's so funny?” Bakura was perplexed.
 
“Are you blind, Bakura? Take a good look at your own roll.” Yami pointed.
 
“What?” 10! Impossible!
 
“Like you said, the dice don't lie.” Yami smiled.
 
“I get to go first! I use my magic! Healing Magic of Luona!” Anzu seized the moment.
 
“Awright!”
 
“I feel great! Anzu did it!”
 
Seth bowed to her imperially in thanks. She blushed.
 
Why didn't the dice roll a critical?
 
Ryou knew. He had switched the dice.
 
“All right,” Bakura had to say. “You're healed! But compared to Zorc, you're still nothing more than microorganisms! Even at your maximum hit points, you'll be blown to dust on Zorc's next turn! Get ready!”
 
“Look out, everyone! He's going to attack again!”
 
“Zorc hits on an 80 or less! And if he hits, all of you take damage! Here I…” His left hand tossed dice as he stared in shock. No! Those are the brainwashed dice!
 
I won't let you control me anymore! I won't let you control me!
 
99! A fumble! Zorc screamed.
 
“He fumbled! He blew himself up!” Zorc's HP was now down to 110.
 
Bakura groaned in frustration. “This blasted left hand!” He gripped it as the adventurers stared at him.
 
He stabbed it down onto a turret of the castle, laughing madly. “How do you like that, Ryou Bakura! How does the `durable poly-resin' feel?” After everything I've done for you!
 
What? Did he just say Ryou Bakura?
 
“Look at Bakura's expression!”
 
“He looks terrible,” Joey agreed. “I'm almost sorry I hit him in the face!”
 
So the real Bakura isn't working with his spirit? Yugi was confused. Bakura seemed like a really nice person, totally different from his spirit. Is he… fighting his spirit? It didn't make any sense to Yugi.
 
He did that to hurt Bakura! Yami was engraged. “How could you do that to your host?!”
 
“Keep out of this, you!” Bakura snarled. “Next is Beast Tamer Yugi. It's your turn!”
 
If Bakura's not on his side, then…
 
We have to help him!
 
“Game Master! The beast tamer will try his hand power on Zorc, the Lord of Darkness!”
 
“What? Your `hand power' is a magic ability that turns enemy monsters into allies! Do you honestly think that will work on Zorc?” Bakura stared.
 
“I'm trying it anyway! Here's my roll!” 05! “A critical! The training hand appears!”
 
“Fool!” Zorc said. “You'll have to raise your level to a million before you even think of making me an ally! You'll… what?” He stared at white smoke coming from the stump of his left arm.
 
“A person is coming out of Zorc's left arm!” Pulled by the training hand.
 
The hand deposited him before Yugi, who smiled down at him. “You, you're Bakura, aren't you!”
 
“Thank you, everyone!” Bakura smiled. “For saving me. I'm the White Wizard Bakura. I'm an NPC, a `non-player character' created by Ryou Bakura. Please let me join your party.' He was Level 13!
 
Everyone agreed he was welcome.
 
The thief felt even more betrayed. On with the game! He would win and then teach the host the error of his ways! “It's still your turn! The magic gunman goes next.”
 
“The gunman attacks! He shoots Zorc!” Yami rolled. “15!”
 
Zorc howled, and there was now a huge hole in his side.
 
“Wow!”
 
“What's going on? That hurt him a lot more than before!”
 
“As a non-player character, I obey the will of the other game master, Ryou Bakura!” The White Wizard Bakura explained. “I thought it might help, so I lowered Zorc's defense with my white magic.”
 
Zorc's HP was now 66!
 
“This is the least I can do,” White Wizard Bakura (three Bakuras, this was going to be confusing) went on. “You saved me from the darkness of Zorc's heart! Let me fight together with you.”
 
Curses! It can't be! Ryou Bakura's consciousness was buried deep within me. How could he create a non-player character? How could he thwart me this much? I suppose he truly is my other half. Admirable, but pointless! Zorc's defenses are down! His hit points are dropping! I'll have to use my last resort! I'll show you all! No matter how many of you low level characters there are, you'll never defeat the Dark Master!
 
Ryou could see the table through the eye he now had control of. The thief was keeping it mostly shut, but he could catch glimpses. It hurt. His hand hurt too. But he had to keep fighting! He couldn't let him do this!
 
This game has reached its final stage, Yami knew. But I'm sure the Dark Master still has some tricks up his sleeve! If we let our guard down, we're dead!
 
Zorc howled.
 
“Look, Zorc's changing shape!” Yugi warned.
 
This is bad! Zorc's transforming! The white wizard thought. “This is Zorc's final form! His attack and defense are both up!”
 
“And now it's Zorc's turn!” The thief gloated. “His long-awaited attack!”
 
Yami gasped. He's doing it… he's concentrating all his energy! I don't see a way to survive this!
 
“Look out, everyone!” The wizard yelled, standing between the group of adventurers and Zorc. No good… No time to raise everyone's defense!
 
“Die roll!” Bakura grinned victoriously. 00! “Super Critical! Zorc Inferno!' A beam shot at them from Zorc's chest!
 
“White Magic! Shining Shield Level 13!” The wizard yelled, holding up his staff. The beam splattered against the shield but kept firing.
 
“White Wizard! How long can your magic shield last against Zorc's flames?”
 
“Hang in there, everyone!” The wizard ignored Zorc. I, I'm going to run out of magic energy. I'll convert my hit points to magic points!
 
Everyone waited for it to end, one way or the other. Finally, the beam stopped… and the adventurers were still standing, although down to one or two hit points! Including the wizard, who collapsed.
 
“Bakura!” They clustered around him.
 
“You risked your life to save us?”
 
“Just wait, Bakura,” Anzu assured him. “I'll use my healing magic on the next turn to…”
 
The wizard interrupted her. “I'm all right. Anzu, if you have enough magic points to heal me use all of that energy on your next attack this turn! I don't have enough power to protect everyone again. If we don't finish it this turn we will all be destroyed!”
 
Bakura!
 
“We got ya, Bakura!” Joey agreed. “If we gotta die, we'll do it together! It's time to hack and slash!”
 
Grr… How could they withstand the Zorc Inferno? The their wondered. This is bad… after he attacks, Zorc's weak point is exposed!
 
Yugi was suspicious. If Zorc raises both his attack and defensive powers when he becomes `Last Zorc' then why didn't he do it before now?
 
That's because this is Zorc's final gamble! We've pushed him so far that he had no choice! He may have raised his attack and defense power, but in return he's exposed his weak point!
 
“His weak point?” Yugi asked aloud.
 
Seto agrees and thanks you for an interesting game, Seth interjected.
 
“Look at that!” Yami pointed. There was an open eye on Zorc's chest that was normally covered by a bony shield. “The muzzle of Zorc's death weapon! There's his weak point. The Eye of Zorc!”
 
“Ah! The hole is closing!” It was true, bony plates were starting to cover over it.
 
“No good! It's too late! It'll seal up before we can strike back!” Everyone looked on helplessly. eheHHHHHHHHHH