Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faith of Wicca ❯ Epiphany ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I like this chapter...I think...I dunno, I laid in my bed for like 2 hours thinking about what to write in this chapter...and the next...ok! On with the story!! OMG!!! THE DISCLAIMER!!!!! I FORGOT!!!!!!!!!!!! OK! I FORGOT THE DISCLAIMER CRAP ON MY LAST CHAPTERS!!!!! OK, I ONLY OWN MY CHARACTERS...SO FAR...ASUNTA, MIKEY, THEIR GUARDIANS, BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYWAY!!! Forget the reviews, I'm just gonna keep posting the chapters...I've got nothing better to do...

Seto: Ok, so am I supposed to have a crush on this girl? She doesn't even duel!!!

Mokuba: Why are you asking??? You were all, "Asunta..." when you were sleeping...

Seto: shuttup...

UltimaWitch: Well, eventually, you'll like her, but not now...and she does duel!! It's just that she didn't duel yet!! I even gave her a trademark card...

Mokuba: ...aww...don't make him wait...do it now!! (rocking on his wooden horse)

Seto: You're supposed to be on my side...

UltimaWitch: Well, I'm a better pretend sister to him than you are at being his brother!!!

Seto: ..THAT'S IT!!! I'M SUING BOTH YOUR ASSES!!!!! (walks away taking out his cell phone...)

Mokuba: ...he's pissed...

UltimaWitch: HOW CAN I MAKE IT UP TO YOU!!???

Seto: sleep with me...?

UltimaWitch: AHH!! HELL NO, a kiss is all I'll go...but not now! On with the story...

Epiphany

...mommy..?

"Wake up Asunta..."

She opened her eyes and saw her mother...

...mommy!!!...please stay here...

Her mother's image drifted silently out of the room...

"Mother!!!" Asunta screamed, now awake from her unconscious state. She looked around frantically, seeing if what she had seen was just a hallucination. Then she ran around the house. Apparently, Don was gone, off somewhere, but he took all his keys with him. "He probably assumed that the morphine would have lasted longer..." she thought. She checked her things just to make sure she was all set to go. Mikey wasn't there either... Then she heard the front door open...

"Wow, Don!!! That was fun! Can we go some other time too!!!" Mikey shouted. "Maybe next time, Asunta can go with us!!!".

"Yeah sure..." Don said, practically sick of Mikey. Hey, kid, let's get something to eat...he led them to the kitchen.

Asunta was still standing in her room, terrified. She was eavesdropping on Don, just to make sure Mikey was ok. Then she looked around her room, noticing a window, but it was a two-story jump.

"Don...? What are you doing?" Mikey asked, staring at a weapon he wielded in his hand.

"Something I should've done from day one..."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!"

Asunta heard a thud after hearing Mikey's scream. "Oh my god..." she thought. "I have to get out of here...Don still thinks I'm asleep...". Then she rushed to her window, opened it and walked out to the first floor roof. "Easy jump," she thought out loud. And she jumped off, and since she was a sneaky type and she was a fighter, it was easy. Then Asunta took off...

* * *

About two and a half hours later...

"So this is Kaiba Corp...." she thought. Then Asunta walked in the building. She checked the directory to see where Seto's office was. "...last floor...?" Asunta groaned. Then she ran to the next elevator coming down and walked in, pressed the button, and waited. "He better be there..." she thought out loud. When she walked out, every employee stared at her, she was still in her all black clothing, and also they were staring because of the fact that she wasn't an employee. Then she saw his office. It was at the end of a hallway leading from a waiting room type thing. There was a receptionist in that room and two elevators there. Asunta quietly sneaked down the hallway toward his office. Then she turned the knob and ran in. She checked if anyone had seen her.

"What the hell...?" Seto said when he saw her. "Asunta?"

"Who'd you think? Your girlfriend?" Asunta said sarcastically. "Listen, please just listen."

Seto stared at her. "What do you want?" he asked, and signaled for her to sit down. He was dressed in his midnight coat and matching shirt and pants. (couldn't think of any other thing for him to be wearin)

"..uhh...I would have gone to someone else but I don't know anyone else, and since you're at a semi-public place...dammit...ok. I might sound paranoid but you have to believe me. My guardian, Don is a psycho. I've heard him in conversations with some Pegasus guy constantly and-"

"Pegasus?" Seto thought.

"...and just last night, I took one of his cars and drove off, cause I was y'know, scared...I took Mikey, he's like my little brother, I took him with me," Asunta went on explaining. "Then Don found us and drove us back home..." she said, nearly crying now.

"If he was mad-"

"He hit me...he slapped me and..."

"I think you need a bit more rest, maybe you didn't recover from your blackout yet..." Seto said. He was almost being sadistic.

"He injected me with morphine!!!" she yelled, now crying. "He attacked Mikey. I heard Mikey scream..."

"Why don't you go to the police then? Look, I don't have time for this now...whether if you're being delusional or even if what you say is true..."

Asunta was easing on her tears. "What the hell was I thinking coming here?" she said, laughing at herself. "I walked from his house for 2 hours and hitch hiked twice for another 20 minutes. Then it took me like another ten just to find out where I was and where to go to...". "I guess it was all for nothing...maybe I am being paranoid...". Then she left the room, but she unintentionally left her cell phone behind.

It rang...

Asunta was already out of the room so she didn't hear or notice anything. Seto considered calling her back but thought again. Then after about 5 rings, he answered it without saying a thing.

"Asunta?" it was Don. "I know you're listening...and I know you're a smart girl, so you should think twice about going to the police. I can make a quick and good getaway, so don't get any ideas...listen now, be a good girl and come back. Just tell me what I wanna hear and I'll let the both of you brats go...ok?". And he hung up.

Seto was amused because of what he heard and that Asunta wasn't psycho. So he ran out of the room to get her. She was standing near a window, looking at the view.

"Asunta? You weren't lying, were you?"

"What reason do I have to lie to anyone...?"

"I'll help you..." he said. And this time, his voice was almost comforting.

Asunta nodded.

* * *

Later, at the Harlings' house...

"This it?" Seto asked looking at the rather large house, though not as grand as his own.

"Yeah..."

"I recognize this place...Don Harling, right? He's one of Pegasus' employees..."

"Pegasus? Maximillion Pegasus?" she asked.

"Yeah."

Then they went in, the door was unlocked. All three cars were still in the garage. (That's right three cars...Asunta took one out, then there was the second one that Don took...who owns the third...?) Asunta went upstairs while Seto inspected the first floor. Seto saw nothing. But he remembered hearing Asunta say that she was injected with morphine, so he observed the cabinets. Then he found a medicine cabinet, he didn't see any liquid narcotics of any kind. Then he heard a scream from upstairs. He ran up as quick as he could.

"Asunta!!?"

"Oh my god...!!! Erika..." Asunta said. She was backing onto the wall, staring at Erika, dead on the ground.

Then Seto ran in. "Are you all right?"

"It's Erika...she's dead..."

Seto looked at the woman Asunta was pointing at. Erika was lying there, eyes closed, in a puddle of blood. "She was shot it the head...".

Then out of nowhere, a wire was wrapped around Asunta's neck. "Ahh!" she yelped as she was strangled by Don.

"Asunta! Let her go...what happened to that deal you made with her...?" Seto told him, reminding him about what he had said over the phone.

Then he slowly let her go. "What deal...how do you know...?"

Seto took out Asunta's cell phone. "Eavesdropped..." he said with a slight smirk on his face.

Asunta found that since his guard was let down she grabbed a vase on the bureau she stood by and struck it on his head, then she ran to Seto. "Where's Mikey?" she asked, glaring at Don.

"You little BITCH!!!" he said, enraged and recovering from the blow. "You think I'd let you off that easy?" he said triumphantly. Then he took out a gun and pointed it at Asunta.

She ran out the door and jumped from where the first floor was visible. Don attempted to shoot her but missed. When she landed and caught his attention, Seto ran downstairs after Don and tackled him, causing him to lose his weapon. Then they started beating the crap out of each other. At the time, Asunta ran quietly to the phone and called Maggie.

"-yeah, I just thought you'd wanna know...please come quick..." were her words until Don saw her.

He drew out a knife and attempted to stab her with it. He missed and she ran off, he chased her. Then as Seto recovered from his small injuries, he ran off after them. Don opened a door to a basement type room. Then he went on slashing at Asunta. She, of course, fought back. She then attempted to kick the knife out of his hand but failed. So Don slashed at her horizontally, she dodged it by backing away, unaware of the staircase behind her. Her guard was let down so Don pushed her down the stairs. She fell and hit the wall hard and was almost unconscious. The fall caused her cards to scatter.

Then Seto finally came and knocked the knife out of Don's hand. It fell to the floor near a table. Then he tried to knock Don out with a punch. Don, now quite aware of Seto's moves, grabbed his fist and twisted his arm into a lock.

"Listen here kid, if you know what's good for you, stay out of this...you don't want Pegasus to get on your case..." and with that, he kicked Seto into the room where he fell on Asunta. "This is where I should've locked you from the first day...bitch...".

Asunta was on the ground, trying not to fall asleep. "Get off..." she said to Seto.

So he got up and noticed a bunch of cards on the floor. "Are these yours?"

"What...? Ahh...my cards!!!" she yelled as she frantically ran around picking them up. She got all the ones she saw and began counting them.

Then Seto noticed a card, gleaming in the dark. He walked over to pick it up.

"A card is missing! Cosmo Queen!!!" Asunta cried.

A/N: btw Cosmo Queen is an actual card, it's a card that is created from a ritual card, if you don't have the game...

Seto looked at the card. "The attack power is 2900...impressive...but not as mighty as my Blue-eyes..." he thought. "Is this it?" he asked Asunta.

"Yes, thank you," she said. And she meant it too.

"Did you call the police just then?" Seto asked.

Asunta shook her head. "No, I called my caseworker."

"You could've-"

"He still has Mikey, I couldn't risk it..."

Then a voice broke the deafening silence...

A/N: so what do you think? good? bad? R&R!!! DAMMIT I WANT A SCANNER!!! I CAN DRAW COSMO QUEEN AS WELL!!! AND I AM THINKING OF DRAWING A PICTURE OF HER WITH ASUNTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!