Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faith of Wicca ❯ Seto's Contemplation ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: YAY!!! I FOUND MY DOGGIE!!!! ^________________^ And due to some more stuff I found out about the actual series...this story's been extended just a bit..!

Seto: Holy...SH-

*doorbell rings*

Mokuba: O_O *still attached on Resident Evil* Get it.

Seto: ...little... *opens door*

UltimaWitch: Hey... [unenthusiastic]

Seto: O_O YOU'RE BACK!!! NOW GET YOUR ASS NARRATING!!!

UltimaWitch: Fine...just, go sit or something...

Seto: O_o You're different...

UltimaWitch: Well aside from the fact my parents continue to ruin my life, I think I'm normal...

Seto: O_o O...k...erm, just narrate...

UltimaWitch: ... -_- yeah sure, whatever...Mokuba, wanna try out Parasite Eve? I got it from my cousin, it's not too old.

Mokuba: O_O Parasite Eve...? Gives...GIVES!!! *snatches game away and smirks and laughs REALLY scary*

Seto: He's gone all rabid...

UltimaWitch: Ok, get reading you readers, I wanna spend this free time before school starts again to try and suppress the hate I have for my absolutely good-for-nothing parents...

A/N: I'm thinking this will end somewhere around chap 31 or 32? Iono...we'll see. And OH YEAH! I know that the Pandora in the actual series was a guy, but then I made this Pandora a girl cause if you know your Greek Mythology, then you'd know that the REAL Pandora was a woman. She was the wife of Epimetheus (sp?) I think.

Seto's Contemplation

With Cosmo Queen's sudden threat, she drove the knife right into her hand. She smirked at the blood dripping from the new wound.

Mokuba was scared and hid his face in Pandora's lap. Everyone else watched completely shocked and confused at what Cosmo Queen just did.

"How did you...?" Seto muttered out.

"It's the girl's body, not mine...I don't feel the pain, she does..." the deity explained. Then she gave one last smile of satisfaction, laughing. But her laughing soon ended in a scream of absolute pain. She'd left, for now. Asunta screamed in pain at the knife still gouged into her hand. She dropped to her knees, wincing in pain and holding her wrist, hoping in some way it would ease the pain even a little. For a short moment, no one walked over to help, they would only stare and pity her.

Seto became pensive, then came to his senses and walked over to her. He couldn't imagine how bad it must have been to be bleeding so much. Her previous wounds ceased to bleed, but her hand, a full physical assault, continued to bleed. He too, dropped to his knees. Seto rested his hands on her shoulders. He could see she had finally shed tears from the pain. He carefully held her injured hand out and pulled out the knife and threw it to the ground. The clang seemed to echo despite of the loud noises outside. She cried even more, not because of the pain, but more because she wanted so much more to die at the moment.

Mokuba let go of Pandora's hand and ran to his brother. "Seto...we should get help..." he suggested quietly.

He nodded and helped Asunta stand up. She could hardly stand still. Yugi and some of his friends wanted to help, so they followed Seto back to his home. Father Reyes of course, followed as well.

When they got to his home, Pandora (reluctantly) helped her to Seto's room. Yugi and his friends didn't seem as worried as he and Mokuba were, so they waited in the guest room. Joey and Tristan always found a way to mess around to kill the depressed atmosphere. Yugi, Tea, and Serenity couldn't help but laugh at the two boys' hilarious acts. Bakura was always himself and Mai was never downbeat in any kind of situation.

Seto exited the room where Asunta rested and told Pandora to take Mokuba downstairs where everyone else was. Father Reyes said he called Maggie and Kincaid. He also said that they were arriving soon after. Father Reyes then headed downstairs. Seto stood, leaned against the wall, lost in his thoughts.

"How could she...how dare she set him in danger..." his thoughts trailed on. "What does she expect from me?!?! My life is hard enough as is...too many loses...too many loses to handle!!!" he kept thinking. Then flashbacks of his tragic losses drifted through his mind. Each vision more vivid then the last, there was his parents deaths, he promised Mokuba to always be there. Seto failed twice at his words and one reason was blamed on Asunta. There was still his second cruel father. Even if he was considered Seto's enemy, he was still lost. Then there was the defeat by Yugi and his Exodia. Then Pegasus and his altercation with his executives, and finally what just happened.

"But yet I still don't hate you...then what do I feel? I'm lost now...you did this to me...I'm lost in my own mind, my own world, my own self...because of you..."

He was too spaced out to notice the person who had just walked down the hall.

"Kaiba...? Are you muted or what?" the woman joked. Apparently, she was standing there for quite a while.

"Ms. Haynes..."

She smiled warmly. "So, what's the news?"

"Her Cosmo Queen problem again...absurd..." Seto said coldly.

"Hmm, this is getting out of hand...where is she now anyway?" Maggie asked.

Seto hinted toward the door he stood by. Maggie simply opened the door slowly and peeked in for a short moment, then slipped her head back out, leaving the door slightly ajar.

A new sudden expression rose up in Maggie's face. Her look was of suspicion. She turned her attention toward the CEO. "Do you...really care? I-I'm asking this out of complete curiosity..." she asked.

Seto turned his head to her. "...is it important?"

"Well, it has nothing to do with anything except my curiosity...does that sound important to you?"

"No..."

"To...?"

"She can die...I don't give a damn!" he shot out.

Maggie could tell by his look that he could have been lying. "Do you truly hate this girl that much?" she sounded like an interrogator.

"YOU THINK!?!?"

"Well, it sounds like you're being untruthful..."

"...if you're so sure, then why are you asking me?"

"I didn't say I was sure...I only state that out of what I see..."

"Whatever...just know that I hate her...I don't want to have anything to do with that witch!" he almost sounded angered.

"That would be an improper term...she's not a witch..." Maggie was being quizzical.

Seto showed no reaction toward her remark.

"I don't know how you feel exactly...but whatever happens, whatever you do...don't ever fall in love with her...just avoid it...you'll know soon enough..." she said solemnly and left.

"...could've said it sooner you know..." he muttered. Then he opened the door to his room. She slept soundly in his bed. He looked over to the piano that still sat there at the wall of his spacious room. He can remember her playing. Then he looked to the spot he stood when she gave him that small kiss. Seto placed his hand on the side of his face where she had done so. Then he walked over to bed, she laid on her side away from the door. He looked at her and whispered his thoughts, absolutely aware she was still sleeping.

"You did this to me...you know how much I hate this? I hate you for doing this to me...but I am still lost. And I know I might not have gotten this far if you weren't around...but what's the point if you were going to lad me into nothing...? I never felt this way for anyone...and I never will, I only feel this way for you...because you've bewitched me. Wiccan...I don't know if I owe you for giving me a way...or must I despise you for shattering it. But..." he kept whispering. He knew she was and indeed asleep, but Seto wanted to tell her. "Asunta...I've...fallen for you..." he said. He seemed to glare when saying those words. He put his hand on her shoulder and shot out...still quiet though, "But I still hate you!"

Seto let go and stormed out the room. What he was unaware was that she woke up somewhere during his confession...

A/N: Sorry for the lateness...I'm sure this chapter should have touched you somehow though... I'm mad cause my dumb parents sold the doggie that went missing. On the day RIGHT AFTER we found her...they SOLD HER!!!!! I DO NOT know how their STRANGE minds work...but I know what mine is feeling NOW! I am DAMN pissed!!! >= O BAAAAAAAD PARENTS!!! ADMIT THAT YOU DISOWN MEEEEEE!!!! I FEEL GLAD TO BE DISOWNED BY SUCH WICKED PARENTS!!!!!

Seto: Great...she'll go all psycho bout this for another few days...great going UltimaWitch's parents...reeeeaaal smooth... -___-

A/N: Anyway...here's Crawling in the Dark by Hoobastank.

I will dedicate
And sacrifice my everything
For just a second's worth
Of how my story's ending
And I wish I could
Know if the directions that I take
And all the choices that I make
Won't end up all for nothing

Show me what it's for
Make me understand it
I've been crawling in the dark looking for the answer
Is there something more
Than what I've been handed
I've been crawling in the dark looking for the answer

Help me carry on
Assure me it's ok
T
o use my heart and not my eyes
To navigate the darkness
Will the ending be
Ever coming suddenly

Will I ever get to see
T
he ending to my story

Show me what it's for
Make me understand it
I've been crawling in the dark looking for the answer
Is there something more
Than what I've been handed
I've been crawling in the dark looking for the answer

So when and how will I know
How much further do I have to go?
How much longer until I finally know?
Because I'm looking and I just can't see
W
hat's in front of me
In front of me

Show me what it's for
Make me understand it
I've been crawling in the dark looking for the answer
Is there something more
Than what I've been handed
I've been crawling in the dark looking for the answer