Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Forgiveness ❯ Need ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: As someone else has said, if I owned Yu-gi-oh it would only be shown very late at night.

Second part of Forgiveness. Only two reviews on the first part, waaah! Please cure my depression.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVA VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Yugi growled and reached down to take apart the puzzle, only to have a strong hand grab his.

"No. You can't do this, Yugi." Kaiba whispered, shocked at his action.

`Kaiba? Why would he care?' "Why not? He took me over, used my body to kill! He almost killed you! He…he…" Yugi's eyes narrowed at the memory of the kiss, the… violation. `He must have used magic to make me like it, there's no other explanation!' "I won't let him get away with it! Let me go!"

"NO. What Yami did was right."

"Huh?" Yugi asked, momentarily distracted. "Yami?"

Kaiba stared, horrified. "You didn't even care enough to ask his name? He is willing to let you kill him to save you and think of him as a thing?"

He shook his head. "Anyways, Pegasus deserved it. I'm not letting you kill the person who saved me and Mokuba, Yugi. Who saved you as well. It's not right."

Yugi's eyes narrowed. "How are you going to stop me?" He hissed.

"Like this." Kaiba's other hand grabbed Yugi's neck, and he fell unconscious. "I'm sorry, Yugi, but I couldn't let you do it." Kaiba took the Millennium Puzzle from around Yugi's neck and laid it on his lap. He turned to Mokuba, who had watched, horrified.

"He…Yugi was going to kill Yami?" Mokuba asked, shocked.

"…Lets just get home, Mokuba. I'm just glad this is finally over."

"Yeah. You aren't going to let Yugi…"

"…No. I owe him too much." `God, I owe him so much. What he did to me after Death-T…I can't believe I did that to Mokuba. How could I? And rescuing Mokuba from Pegasus after I failed…' "No, I won't let Yugi have him." Kaiba whispered to himself.

VAVAVAVAVAV

"Hey kid, wake up." Yugi felt someone shake him, and opened his eyes to find himself in a limo, being shaken awake by the driver. "We're at the hospital."

"What am I doing here?" Yugi asked confused. `The last thing I remember…the puzzle! Where's the puzzle?' The familiar weight was gone.

"Mister Kaiba told me to take you to this hospital to see your grandfather. You'd better hurry in, visiting hours are almost over." The driver said kindly. `He must have been tired out to have slept this long. Well, with family in the hospital, no wonder he's tired out…'

"Grandpa!" Yugi sprang up. "Thank you!" He yelled to the driver, who waved at him as he sped into the hospital.

VAVAVAVAVAV

Yugi opened his grandfather's door quietly. He looked unchanged. `What if the spirit lied? What if he didn't really save my Grandpa?' "Grandpa?" He asked hesitatingly as he lightly shook the body on the bed.

Solomon's eyes opened. "Yugi!" He hugged him and said, "I knew it! I knew you could defeat Pegasus!"

"Um…" Yugi's voice trailed off, and his voice became hard. "Actually, I didn't. The spirit didn't give me a chance. He took me over, and…" He jumped into his Grandpa's arms, buried his head on his shoulder, and sobbed.

"Yugi…what happened?" Solomon asked, starting to get very worried. "Where's the puzzle?"

"I think Kaiba took it. The spirit, he took over my body and killed Pegasus and maybe other people and then he kissed me, and…" Yugi started crying.

Solomon's eyes were wide. "There, there…." He patted Yugi on the back and held him, not knowing what else to do.

"Um…" There was a sound from the door. It was the driver. "Mister Motou? You forgot your envelope…"

"I'll take it." Solomon said gruffly, annoyed at being interrupted.

The driver handed it over and closed the door, embarrassed at having to intrude.

"Yugi, what is this? It's got your name on it." Solomon asked.

"I don't know." Yugi said, still quietly sobbing.

"Why don't you open it and find out?" Solomon said, hoping to distract Yugi. He couldn't stand to see his grandson like this. Maybe if he got him calmed down he could help him get over it.

Yugi nodded and took the envelope. He took out a note and read it. The expression on his face turned from sadness to horror.

"What is it, Yugi?"

Yugi silently handed over the note.

VAVAVAVAVAV

Yugi-

Yami told me before he woke you up or whatever that he wanted you to kill him, but I just can't let that happen. No matter what else he's done, I owe him Mokuba's life, and you owe him your Grandfather's.

I'm taking the Millennium Puzzle until you calm down. Here's a check so you can't claim I stole it, if you're mad enough to take things that far.

Yugi…whatever he did, he did it for you. Just…try to see it from his perspective, alright?

I'm no good at this kind of thing. Later.

-Kaiba Seto.

VAVAVAVAVAV

"Yami…is he the spirit of the puzzle?"

Yugi nodded. "Kaiba said that was his name."

"But you didn't know it before?"

"He never talked to me, he just took over when I duelled. I never really knew him and I'm glad!" Yugi shouted.

Then he grabbed Solomon and held on to him like a lifeline. "He's still alive…I knew he wouldn't let me destroy him for what he did! What did he do to Kaiba, to make him save him? Is he going to take over Kaiba like he did me? What's going to happen to Mokuba…I've got to get the puzzle back and destroy it!"

"Whoa, Yug…" Yugi turned around. His friends filled the doorway.

"Guys!" He ran over to them. "Are you alright? He didn't hurt you, did he?"

"No, we're fine," Joey answered. "And Gramps?"

"I'm as healthy as a horse, you young whippersnapper!" Solomon exclaimed, affronted. "Nothing wrong with me that getting my soul back didn't cure."

They looked at each other. Tea was the first to break the silence. "So, Yugi, where's the puzzle. The spirit said something about not seeing her again to Mai…and he said he was going to die…"

"Did he hurt Mai?" Yugi asked, scared.

"No," Tristan replied, "He just won the duel with her, then he told Pegasus to release the souls he had or else and Pegasus just laughed, so he…Pegasus's head just appeared in his hand."

"Uh, don't remind me." Ryou said, looking green.

"Then," Tea continued, "He said goodbye to us, asked us to look after you, and said that since you would never forgive him he was going to die, and he was going to make sure the Puzzle and that eye thing Pegasus had were never used again, and then he left, and we managed to find a boat and get back here."

Joey went on, "We went to the Game Shop first, but then we figured you might have come here. Are you ok? You don't look so good Yug. Do you wanna get out of here?"

"That's a good idea. Let's all go home." Solomon said. "I'm just waiting on the tests coming back to leave, they said if everything came up negative I should be out of here by eight. You can explain all this to me in the morning. I'll call you in sick so you can sleep in."

"Thank you, Grandpa." Yugi said, hugging him again. Solomon held him close as the tears started to fall again.

"Um, before you leave, Yugi, could you kind of give us a summary or something? What happened with that spirit?"

"He…when I refused to let him take over during the duel with Mai, he took over anyways and locked me in this…room, in my head. Then he came to let me out, and he told me he killed Pegasus. He said he would let me take apart the puzzle like I was going to do, and dump the pieces in the ocean, but when he let me have control over my body again, Kaiba knocked me out and took the puzzle. I woke up in a limo that had driven here, and I came in to see Grandpa. Kaiba left this note. He passed it around.

Joey's eyes widened when he took the check out of the envelope. "Three million dollars? That's the same as the prize money would have been."

"Would have been? You didn't manage to get the money for your sister, Joey?"

Joey sighed. "Well, since Pegasus was…they cancelled the tournament." He sat silently while Yugi apologized for what Yami's act had cost him.

"Yugi," Joey said finally.

"What, Joey?" Yugi replied.

"Can I…can I keep this? The check? I really shouldn't ask, but my sister…Sorry. Forget about it." Joey hung his head, ashamed.

"Go ahead."

"What?!"

"I'm not taking Kaiba's money. I'm going to get that puzzle back and smash it so the evil spirit inside can't hurt anyone else. I'm never going to let him get away with what he's done." Yugi looked scary. Everyone stood there silently, unable to meet his eyes. They didn't want to see what their friend had become.

VAVAVAVAVAV

Yugi lay awake in bed. It was good to be home. He could almost pretend that everything was back to normal, except for one thing. The absence of a golden weight around his neck.

"Yami. Darkness. It fits. It's what you are." He muttered to himself. `How could you? Pretending to be my friend all that time, helping me…why? Why didn't you just kill Pegasus in the first place if you could?'

He felt empty inside. He tried to tell himself that it was the weight of his betrayal, but he knew it was more. Something was missing. A warmth, a presence in his mind…

`The definition of addiction, they said in health class, is a physical change in the brain that causes you to crave something. Am I addicted to him? What did he do to me? He had months to work on me. I was so calm, I thought it was…I don't know what I thought about the voice in my mind, telling me what to do. I didn't think about it.'

He opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling. `I can't quit thinking about him. I reach out, even though I try to stop myself, and I almost cry when I realize there's nothing there. Is that what he's counting on? Give me some time alone and I'll crack? I've grown used to depending on him to do things for me. I'm not used to being strong on my own…how long can I hold out?'

`I just need to smash that damn puzzle. Kill him and his spells should cease. I have to get it from Kaiba, no way he'll just hand it over…I have to destroy him. If it hadn't been for me, he wouldn't have been brought into this world. The destruction he causes is my fault. I have to end this. I have to.'

An image of Yami appeared in his mind and he glared at it. But…he felt…relaxed, calm now. Like what was missing was…still lost, but…he refused to think about it. `I don't need you, I don't! I lived without you before, and I can do it again! I swear I'll destroy you for the people you've hurt, I swear it!'

VAVAVAVAVAV

He was walking through a dark maze, full of steel doors keeping who knew what sealed inside, he was afraid, but he kept walking towards his goal…

-Yami…-

He turned the corner, and there he was, walking towards him. He ran into his arms and claimed his lips hungrily. -You taste sooo good…-

A laugh in his mind, and he felt himself gently lowered into silk sheets, as possessive lips moved to his neck and he whimpered, feeling so good but needing, craving, more, more,…

--Mine.-

He purred at the sound of his lover's voice and thought dizzily, -Yes, yours. Forever and ever yours…- He reached out his hand to a spot an innocent boy shouldn't know about it, trying to get his lover to hurry up and take him…

He felt a growl from the chest pressed against his and smiled as his pants were ripped off..

VAVAVAVAVAV

Yugi flung himself awake, breathing hard. He was wet, and…

-Yami!- He shouted into the empty link. -How dare you! Stay out of my mind, you monster!-

But he knew, oh he knew, that Yami was gone and the dream had come from nowhere but his own lonely mind…

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVA VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Y-n-Y: Here is the update! I'm going to try to finish this asap. A long ways to go, though. Kaiba more in next chapter, but given how slowly this is going, maybe first yaoi in chapter after that.

Chibi Pharaoh Yami: I know, I'm really sorry. I have to post this now too. I want to be home with 24/7 computer access! Wah!

Please review!