Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Loss and Discovery ❯ Bitter Defeat ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bitter Defeat

I don't own Yugioh or any of its characters

This I my first fic, so enjoy

` =thoughts, "= speech, and ( ) = side explanation or author's comments

"Exodia, Obliterate!"

"Exodia, Obliterate!"

"Exodia, Obliterate!"

"Exodia, Obliterate!"

Kaiba's icy, intense eyes shot open as he awoke from his nightmare. His tongue darted out to absorb the salty, bitter sweat off of his lips as he recalled his loss to… to that purple-eyed monster. Rage bubbled in Kaiba's chest; an unforgiving rage toward Yugi Moto, Kaiba's deck, and towards himself. `Yugi, the dark monster hidden in that beautiful body with those soft, soulful lips and beautiful purple eyes… NO!!' thought Kaiba `He's a monster! A monster! A monster!' Kaiba repeated that over and over in his head until he finally fell into a troubled, light sleep.

Kaiba's eyes reopened at 5:00 AM, as usual. (Kaiba spent about an hour on his Duel Monsters deck, about an hour and thirty minutes on morning business, ten minutes on breakfast with Mokuba, and got to school early to see if there was anyone worth dueling to further better his deck). Today was a Saturday so Seto would spend most of the day on work. Seto climbed out of his elegant bed of crimson and midnight black and headed towards his private bathroom. Black marble with rich veins of the purest white gleamed dully as Seto Kaiba, formerly the best duelist in the country, flicked the lights on. Black calmed Kaiba so he enwrapped himself in it whenever he was alone. Kaiba removed his dark blue pajamas and slid into his marble shower. The unmerciful water beat down on his skull as Kaiba adjusted the temperature. The scalding water relaxed ever muscle in Kaiba's hard, tense body as his mind worked over the fateful duel with Yugi. Kaiba ran a soft, lathering sponge over his body until the scent of lavender filled the room. After washing the suds off, Kaiba scrubbed shampoo into his rich chestnut hair, rinsed, and turned the water off after drying off, Kaiba ran a brush through his hair, added gel, and left the bathroom.

An hour later, after working on his deck and brooding over his duel with Yugi, Kaiba called the second-in-command of his company and told her (yes, HER) that he would be taking time off. Kaiba then went down for breakfast with Mokuba, thirty minutes earlier than usual.

Mokuba was amazed when his older brother came to breakfast on time for once. The black-haired child raced up to his hero and gave Kaiba a hug. Kaiba half-heartedly returned the hug, still thinking about his defeat. Both brothers started breakfast and Kaiba's sedate mood dampened Mokuba's former joy. Mokuba broke the dark silence suddenly. " Hey, guess what, big brother!" "Hmm?" Kaiba responded. "I found three of the Exodia cards on the beach! That bug duelist tossed them off the boat to Duelist Kingdom when Yugi let him look at them, apparently. You can have them if you want." Kaiba's eyes lit up and he replied, " Thank you very much Mokuba. This is just perfect! Mokuba, I'll be going away for a while so look after the company." Kaiba said as his mind whirled and whirred. He raced up to his room with the Exodia cards to pack and waved a hasty goodbye to Mokuba.