Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Loss and Discovery ❯ Soul Searcing ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Soul Searching

Disclaimer: Once again, I don't own Yugioh or any of its characters

Here's the first chapter. Hope it's better than the introduction! By the way, why are the most popular fanfics on the site NC17 (The most popular is entitled Pure Sex!)? Oh, and in case you readers are wondering, my name comes from a book (It's titled Wraethu and is really cool; P). Calanthe is also an odd looking flower and I kinda like fire...so there you go.

An hour after the discovery of the remaining Exodia cards, Kaiba was on his private jet listening to gentle and relaxing classical music on his CD player. Even then, when he was supposedly relaxing, all of Kaiba's thoughts were trained on his loss to Yugi. `Heart of the cards? Cards are inanimate. THEY HAVE NO HEART!' Kaiba thought, swelling with anger. Kaiba opened the locket hanging from his smooth neck that contained Mokuba's picture. Kaiba gently slid the picture of Mokuba from it's confinement and opened the small, secret compartment that had been added on at the begin of the school year when Kaiba had discovered a new love. The scratched picture of Yugi Moto increased Kaiba's searing confusion and, strangely enough, alleviated his rage. Kaiba replaced both pictures and closed the locket with a sigh. He was on his way to his secret dueling retreat in England. `Now that Yugi has lost his trump cards, I shall use my equipment to discover a strategy to beat him.' thought Kaiba, indulging in a miniscule smile. Kaiba looked at his deck and suddenly started laughing. And laughing. And laughing. `I love the person I despise most and despise the person I love most. I plot ways to annihilate Yugi while my mind is all but consumed with thoughts of him… especially since our duel.' Kaiba pondered over this until he felt the need to visit the bathroom. Kaiba gracefully strode to the bathroom in the dimming. He reached the bathroom, opened the door, and was confronted by a stranger. The blue eyes were determined, yet hid certain warmth. The familiar face was smooth and pure like Yugi's, but older-looking and more mature. A soft tear had left a crystalline trail and the male's mouth sagged in a sad expression. Kaiba blinked as he realized that the face peering back at Kaiba was his own. He finally looked at himself properly for the first time since the duel and found that he had lost that mask of hardness developed in the orphanage when he had been forced to lay his emotions aside to protect Mokuba and to shield both of them from the harsh world. Kaiba had sunk even deeper into his mask when he had entered the world of business and had to sacrifice everything to stay a float in the sea of business, including his own soul. `It was all worth it though.' Seto thought as he resumed his seat after finishing his…ahem…business… in the bathroom. `If I hadn't made those sacrifices, Mokuba wouldn't be as free and happy as he is today.' Seto Kaiba buckled his seat belt and prepared to land.

His large mansion in England was Kaiba's spot of choice for Duel Monsters. Kaiba had gone so far as to hire some of the best strategists in the world to help improve his deck, strategies, and dueling skills. He had thought he was invincible until Yugi came along and proved Kaiba and many great strategists very wrong.