Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of Shadow and Light ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A.N. *huggles you all* Thank you so much for those who reviewed it really makes me feel all warm inside knowing that people are enjoying the fic, though I know how aggravating it can be not to have the story completed and wanting to know what happens next, and how that can persuade most to leave right away, so thank you to those who are sticking with me and reviewing. ^-^ And for your patience, here is the next chapter with Yugi and Atemu's first meeting. Though, I must admit, they don't get along so well at first. ^-^
 
 
Chapter Four
 
The rain poured down harshly, cold and mocking, reminding him of his sins and useless existence. He couldn't move at all, but that was fine by him, he didn't want to, not after everything that had happened. I'm sorry… so sorry… Yugi…
He cringed, wincing, as the movement pulled painfully on bruised and taizered flesh. It was his fault that this had happened. His fault that the only person he'd ever known to be honestly innocent, was beaten, in front of him, and he did nothing. He was the only person who believed he was worth something, and now the boy probably hated him. It's just what I deserve. My punishment, I didn't deserve his kindness to begin with… I stole the puzzle piece from him, and… doubted him first…
The rain fell harder pulling him more deeply into his own pain, the image of Yugi's face, glazed with pain, blood smearing his cheek, the expression slightly hurt and betrayed, eerily familiar. He tried to shake the image, pleading the shadow of his friend to forgive him for his transgressions, but of course it would never happen.
Wet sneakers on puddles pulled his bleary mind back to consciousness as warm hands pulled him up slightly, cradling his head. Small arms held him comfortingly as the owner of those arms pleaded him to open his eyes.
“Jonouchi-kun! Jonouchi-kun, onegai, open your eyes.”
The familiar voice pulled at him to open his eyes, and disbelievingly Jonouchi opened them to stare up and into the last face he expected to see.
“…” Jonouchi felt his eyes widen as he looked up and into concerned and forgiving amethyst eyes. Yugi… He still believed in him, after everything he'd done, and from the scrapes and bruises on his friend's bloodied face, he'd gone through hell to save him.
Again.
“Jonouchi-kun, you're all right! Thank god!” Yugi smiled brightly, his innocent worry and relief evident on his face. A face that held the abuse he'd graciously accepted for him, with out any thought of anything in return. Jonouchi felt hot water sting his eyes painfully and slip over his cheeks to pool on his chin. Yugi… you… you… I don't deserve your friendship… but… but…
“YUGI!” the cry tore desperately from his throat as he wrapped the small boy into his arms hugging him tight, thanking him for existing, for being his guardian angel. For that was the only thing that Yugi could possibly be, an angel. One of mercy.
“Jonouchi…” Yugi whispered pulling him close in a comforting hug, and Jonouchi cried harder.
No matter what he would protect this boy, for an eternity, he would, nothing would harm Yugi ever again, he would make sure of it.
 
The pounding was not apart of his dream, and its annoying echoing tore Jonouchi from his room, and sleep, as he stumbled to answer the door, for once glad that his father was out somewhere, most likely drunken into a coma.
“I'm coming! I'm coming! Hold on, will ya?!” He flung the door open in annoyance, his head throbbing, and eyes burning from the memory of his encounter with his old gang, his emotions further jangled by the reminder that he'd lost Yugi, again, he'd failed him.
That fact was made all the more clear when the door opened to reveal a very distraught and pale looking Yami. Jonouchi jumped at the former Pharaoh's haggard appearance. “Yami, what… come on in.” Jonouchi hurried the red-eyed youth into the house when Yami simply sat trying to regain his breath.
He led Yami back to his room just incase the old man decided to stagger in unexpectedly and see them and pick a fight, enticing Yami to banish him to the shadow realm. Once inside, the other side of his friend, turned and gripped his upper arm with wide frightened eyes.
“I know where Yugi is!”
Jonouchi blinked. The Egyptian, Shadi, if he remembered correctly, had said as much several hours before and Yami had been frightened but, not so much as he was now. “He's in your past Yami, we already knew this. What's wrong—“
“No! Jonouchi you don't get it, I'm getting my memories back, Jonouchi, and… Yugi… it doesn't look good for him!”
“What do you mean Yami?” Jonouchi asked, feeling his stomach plummet through the floor with each passing second. He didn't like the way Yami sounded, as if he was haunted, and when the shadow looked at him, eyes shadowed with deep pain and guilt, Jonouchi became even more worried. “Yami?”
“I think… I think I rape him Jonouchi.”
 
^^^^^^
 
Mahado gasped as he met Yugi's eyes as the boy was dragged in through the front gates of the palace. Damn it, I'm too late! Mahado mentally cursed himself, teeth gritting together as his fists clenched by his sides. He'd meant to speak to Atemu that morning, before the pharaoh had a chance to inform his guards as to the boy's existence.
Jonoh, though a great and loyal guard, was quiet bitter and harsh when it came to people her messed with Atemu, and Knowing this, Mahado was not too surprised to see the small Yugi with blood smears upon his pale complexion.
I should have tried harder to escape from Saimun sooner…
Mahado quickened his pace taking the servants wing and back passages in an attempt to make it to Atemu's side before he could sentence the boy to any more pain, or death as the case may be.
The priest cursed himself again for his lack of tact. Though the old man, Saimun, was very loyal and knowledgeable, he tended to be a bit eccentric and long winded. I should have kept my problems with the Dark Magician to my self… it would have saved so much more time, then, perhaps, Yugi would not be in such agony now…
The passage ways were dim and sweltering, only a slightly cool breeze shifted though by way of the entrance to the thrown room. Mahado unconsciously opened his mouth trying to draw in some of the cooler air. He could hear the deep murmurs of his Pharaoh's voice as he settled different matters that involved his kingdom. The words were indistinguishable from this distance but, from the tone, Mahado was certain that Jonoh had yet to drag Yugi into meet Atemu. I may still have time.
Mahado's brief moment of hope was quickly silenced when the bravado of Jonoh's voice resonated back to his ears. Mahado felt ill, and broke into a dead run. He could now see the bright light from the thrown room up ahead. Just a little further, perhaps… perhaps…
He broke through the darkness and stumbled into the room in time to hear his Pharaoh speak. “Why, have you dared to impersonate me boy?”
Mahado's mouth hung open as he attempted to regain his breath. His sudden entrance had had given those in the room a shock, and all eyes except for Yugi's were trained on him.
Mahado closed his mouth and straightened his clothes, hoping that his blunder on entry would grant him and Yugi, the time that was needed. Atemu, tilted his head to the side, questioning him and Mahado had to hold back a smile as he approached from the right side of the room.
He would have made it to Atemu's side, he would have saved Yugi's small life, and he would have lifted his own guilt, if he'd only known what the small boy was thinking as he gazed up at Atemu unafraid.
Mahado, opened his mouth to ask his god if he could speak, kneeling down and bowing low when the serene silence was shattered and the attention dragged back to the now free child.
“YAMI!” The cry was desperate and elated and echoed through the room. Mahado felt his heart stop as he looked up in time to see Yugi break free from Jonoh's grasp and bolt for Atemu.
No!
 
^^^^^^
 
Yugi hardly noticed the change in scenery as he was dragged into a brightly lit room. One that was large and echoed the sounds of the guards foot steps and words. He'd stopped crying now, his insides numb, awaiting his end. It was a bit saddening to know that, he was no longer afraid to die, that he no longer felt any hope of surviving.
Yugi snorted back a bitter laugh recognizing the feelings, knowing them for what they were. Old habits left from years of beatings. It will be over soon… soon it will stop, they'll grow tired of beating me and leave me to die… yes, soon… soon it will all end.
Yugi didn't bother to push himself up as he was thrown to the floor, the wind forcing its way from his lungs. A small part of him cried out in indignation for his quickness to give up. Yugi knew he should fight back, that his years of torment and bullying had long since ended, but with everything that had happened, his link to Yami gone, and everything stable stripped from him, Yugi found he did not have the strength to fight his depression. I wish I could wake up… I'd open my eyes and find Yami staring out my window with a deep look in his eyes. I'll spend a moment looking up at my ceiling thinking about how much has changed, then I'll ask him what's bothering him. He'll jump and look away with a smile telling me it's nothing. I'll know he's lying, but I won't ask why because he'll be trying to coax me back to sleep… but I'll have to get ready for school. Yami will help me, set out my uniform on my bed, pack up my homework, and set about getting my breakfast as I get out and dressed. Then he'll say—
“pr-aA, here is the boy who has been caravanning around disguised as you.” Yugi's eyes widened and his heart froze in his chest at the cold tone in his best friend's voice. It was as if Jonouchi himself had returned from the years before Yugi'd finished the puzzle, and the betrayal hurt more than his physical wounds ever could.
No! This is not Jonouchi-kun! This is not him! Yugi closed his eyes tightly trying to suppress the pain, to remember the soft features of his blond companion, but the image shattered as again the voice echoed from above his head angrily. “How should we punish this impersonator?”
Yugi gasped, trying hard not to shake as he lay pressed to the startlingly warm floor. It was made of sand stone, and rough on his soft cheeks, Yugi wondered if his tears would darken the sand colored surface or not, but didn't feel much like finding out.
“Why have you dared to impersonate me boy?” Another voice broke through Yugi's fear and forced him to sit up stiffly, his heart thundering in pained hope.
No… it couldn't… it…
Yugi lifted his eyes immediately to the tenor voice, his amethyst eyes locking with pure crimson. Yugi felt his eyes water, as a sick pressure built inside of his chest. Yami! It's yami, it's YAMI!
Yugi was frozen, his eyes sweeping over his darker half with a dazed sort of hope. Yami's caramel colored skin shone in the sunlight, accented by his white dress-like attire and his gold accessories. The millennium puzzle glowed from around his neck, looking polished and new. Yugi unconsciously touched his own puzzle, feeling the smooth surface, knowing that his looked tarnished compared to Yami's.
He was too busy loving the sight of his other half, feeling for once, safe, to notice the shock in the other's eyes as he looked into Yugi's. It was only after Yami turned away startled, looking to his right, that Yugi managed to break free from his frozen status.
He swallowed back a sob as he bolted to his feet racing for the one thing he was certain of at the moment. Yami! Yami! I found you, Yami!
“YAMI!” The cry tore from his throat and brought his darks startled eyes back to him. Yugi was barley aware of sudden movement from behind him, shouts and cries of worry, as he launched himself off of the ground and into his yami's lap. His arms winding around the darks neck as he sobbed against his shoulder, hiccupping and sniffling trying to tell his dark how much he missed him.
“Yami! I was so scared, Yami! I couldn't hear you, and Anzu… she isn't Anzu and Jonouchi-kun! Gods Yami!”
Yugi became aware that his dark was not holding him back, not comforting him at all, and clung closer new tears falling. “Yami, why wont you hold me? I need you yami, please—AH!” Yugi cried out, cut off as he was yanked back and off of his stiff and startled dark by his hair. Yugi panicked, and struggled when he felt himself being torn from his darkness once more. No! Yami! Yami, I can't lose you again! YAMI! Yugi cried out mentally, but still the link ran silent, and Yugi froze, startled tears running down his cheeks as he was restrained by the arms.
“pr-aA, are you all right? Did he harm you, please forgive me I should have been aware of his danger.” The Jonouchi look a like asked as he kneeled beside Yami, and Yugi felt like screaming when he found the confused and slightly disgusted look on Yami's face. No… Yami… not you… no not you too!
“I am fine, Jonoh.” Yami said in an authoritive voice, one Yugi clearly remembered from the times Yami dueled against someone. “Why did you dare to attack me?” Yami asked, his tone colder then ice, and Yugi burst into painful tears.
A sharp sting strung him across the face and made Yugi dizzy. “The pr-aA asked you a question, scum!” Jonoh, screamed in Yugi's ear, but Yugi hardly noticed. His eyes, instead, drifting slowly toward Yami, again making eye contact.
“Yami… I didn't… it's me! Don't you recognize me?” At the blank stare he received Yugi began to struggle shouting and choking on his tears, his heart ripping apart inside as his worst nightmare became a reality. “It's me, Yami! Yugi! You're Aibou! Come on Yami, please!” Yugi managed to tear free from the guards again and removed his over cloak standing before everyone in his twentieth Century School attire, his Millennium Puzzle glaring in the sunlight.
A gasp filtered around the room, and even the guards paused in their attempt to reclaim him. Yugi watched as Yami stiffened on his throne, and vaguely remembered seeing it in Yami's soul room once before. Yugi put his hands on his puzzle and held it tenderly to his heart. “Remember Yami, I put the puzzle together and freed you from the shadow realm. You swore to protect me and—“
Jonoh back handed him harshly, snapping his head to the side as Yugi fell to the ground hard, groaning in pain. “Stop your lies this instant you low life! How dare you speak to the pr-aA in such a disrespectful way?!”
Yugi had just enough time to open his eyes, before Jonoh's large foot came down harshly on his gut. Yugi choked and gasped for air, as Jonoh, continued to beat him. Another kick to his side had him curled up in fetal position staring strait at his once savior. Yami… please… help me.
Yugi felt bitter tears track down his eyes as, Yami continued to watch his beating. He was just about to give up hope when Yami's voice called out, sounding almost regretful. “Enough!”
The pain eased off, and Yugi, coughed as Jonoh stepped aside, allowing Yami to kneel before Yugi's battered form. Painfully, Yugi glanced up, his eyes searching Yami's with hope.
“…Ya… mi…” Yugi reached up to touch his dark only to have Yami grab his wrist in a harsh gesture, his crimson eyes hard as steel. “…Yami?” Yugi croaked, feeling yet more tears prick his eyes painfully.
“I know not who you are, nor of this `Yami' you speak of.” Yami said, his voice cold, and Yugi jerked back away from the man before him, suddenly knowing what it must have been like to be on the receiving end of one of his dark's shadow games.
“But… Yami—“
“Take him away to the dungeon. Do not harm him.” Yami said rising to his feet to leave. Yugi reached out grabbing onto Yami's cape and forcing the Pharaoh to turn back and glare at him angrily.
“Yami, please—“
“I am not, Yami. I am pr-aA Atemu. It would do you well to remember that.” With a final jerk, Atemu freed his cape and walked away, the last of his orders falling from his lips. “I'll deal with him later.”
Yugi started to cry out as he was lifted up yet again and nearly cried when Atemu suddenly called out for them to halt. Yugi looked up and met Yami's eyes, the gesture seemed to unnerve the Pharaoh and he glared, reaching out and pulling Yugi's puzzle off of him. “Now, you may go.”
Yugi felt something shatter with in him. No… Yami… no, not my only link to you… yami please, YAMI! Yugi watched, slowly bleeding inside from his inner pain as he was carried through the doors and back down the halls he'd come from previously.
Yami had abandoned him. Yugi was utterly alone.
Yugi concentrated on breathing. Simply drawing in the breath he needed to survive and exhaling in a slow manner, just existing and living. The sound of Jonoh's voice broke through his numbness, as he listened to the order's the blond gave to the men holding him.
“Take him down and strip him of his clothes. Put him in the proper attire and then have him whipped for him insolence.”
The threats barely registered in Yugi's mind, but numbly, he knew he was going to be hurt and widened his eyes in fear. This time, no one would come to save him, that was a certainty.
“But, Jonoh, pr-aA said not to—“
“The pr-aA is too kind. This Xrd needs to be taught a lesson.”
The argument ended swiftly, and before Yugi knew what was happening he was in an underground room, and his clothes were torn from his body leaving him nude and embarrassed before several men. Yugi tried to cry when they grabbed him and towed him, still bare into a small circular room. The warm sunlight on his skin made Yugi more aware of his nakedness and he desperately tried to cover himself, feeling sick with his own vulnerability.
“Don't feel comfortable? Well too bad!” Yugi was jerked forward by Jonoh, his arms lifted above his head, secured with the rope that hung from two large pillars.
The rough woven strands bit into his soft, pale skin, and Yugi choked on a painful gasp as the rope was pulled taunt, until yugi was forced to stand on the pads of his feet.
The sand was scorching to his feet, hot and unbearable, dust clinging to his one sweaty feet. Yugi trembled, tears forced out of his eyes and down his face, at the leering and mocking faces that watched him.
This isn't real. This is a nightmare! Any moment now Yami will wake me up! He'll say, “Aibou, you'll be late if you don't hurry.” Then he'll notice my expression and ask, “Aibou, what is wrong? You look pale.” Then he'll lean closer and touch my forehead for a fever and… and pat my shoulder as I tell him my nightmare. And for once I'll ask him for a hug, and he'll awkwardly blink at me a moment, before smiling and opening his arms with a, “Come here, Aibou. It's all right.”
A crack shattered the air and with it a burning rip forced Yugi from his memories and he threw his head back with a scream that tore his throat open. Sunlight glinted off of his blood as it lazily rose to the surface and trickled over his back, like tears. Again the pain burned and Yugi screamed, eyes dilating and opening wide. His mouth hung open as with each strike his jaw nearly dislocated from his head as he bellowed his pain and agony.
And no one would save him.
 
^^^^^^
 
Atemu sat on his throne, holding the dulled pyramid in his hands. It glowed slightly with power and Atemu couldn't help but feel slightly awed that his millennium item was indeed the one held in his hands, but that was simply impossible right?
Only the heir to the throne can put the puzzle together. So how is it that that boy, Yugi, managed to do the impossible?
Atemu blinked his crimson eyes, and turned from his ponderings to his white priest who was knelt before him.
“pr-aA, You must believe me. Yugi, is not a threat. I spent time with him, he knows not of the power he wields, he—“
“Mahado, you of all people should know that that point alone makes him more dangerous then Bakura.” Atemu stated, his voice deathly calm. Power was dangerous, shadow power was even more so, but shadow power with no control was devastating, and could in an instant, destroy all that is. “No, Mahado, I am sorry, but until I can be certain that he can be trusted, Yugi,” Atemu stumbled over the odd name, the word feeling foreign on his tongue, “will stay in the dungeon.”
Mahado seemed saddened by that fact, and his head bowed lower, knowing better than to argue with the son of Ra. Atemu sighed, turning from his priest refusing to feel remorse for his decision. “Besides, he will not be harmed, I had told my guards as much, the worst that will befall him will be lack of sleep and maybe slight malnutrition.” Atemu stated trying not to feel upset by the image of the sobbing child in his mind. “And I don't intend to leave him there for long.”
Atemu stopped himself, realizing that he was rambling and shook his head to clear it. I did what was right for my kingdom. So why do I feel so vile?
Atemu knew what it was that plagued him so, but was unwilling to face it. The boy, he'd known would look like him, but the resemblance was startling, and the fact that he'd just simply looked him, the pharaoh, in the eyes with out the slightest hesitation, it just unsettled him. It was like looking at an innocent version of himself, when he was crying out for protection as a child and coldly shunned away, told that he was to be strong for his people.
 
Yami! I was so scared, I couldn't find you!”
 
Atemu shook his head harshly looking down at the old puzzle, still pulsing with strained energy in his had. He couldn't shake the voice from his head. The boy had an odd accent like none he'd ever heard before, and he was pale. Paler than even the Romans, as if he was the moonlight itself. Small and fragile, and with an attire that baffled Atemu.
He really wasn't sure what to make of the clothes. They looked hot and uncomfortable, but in some odd way, appealing. The way the cloth clung to the body, hiding what he knew would be there. It was annoying to not be able to see it, like it was a mystery, that made you want to undress the person in the clothes just to see what it covered, though you already knew what you'd see.
This is stupid. I have to prepare for Rome's arrival. I have no time to dwell on the foreign clothes of some Xrd.
Atemu strode into his chambers, not remembering ever leaving his throne room, and placed the “new” millennium puzzle in it's designated resting place before turning to look out over his kingdom.
Kehmet glowed under the golden sun, looking like a dream made of sand. It really was made of sand, the smallest gust of wind or disturbance truly could destroy the world he'd struggled to maintain and protect.
All it would take would be one sweep of Rome's army, one shadow monster unleashed, one child who did not even know he could destroy the world.
Atemu sighed, feeling as though a weight rested on his shoulders, and leaned against his wall simply watching as his people moved around on the dusty streets below.
 
“Yami!”
 
Atemu glowered, the voice still haunting him. What the hell was that supposed to mean? Yami? Why was he calling me that? And how was I supposed to know him? And why do I feel like… I've betrayed him?!
Atemu growled and stomped away from the view, exiting his room and heading toward the throne room, where behind his throne was the way to his study, where stacks of papyrus papers littered the table top and the floor. At least in there he could forget everything and work solely on the matters of Kehmet.
The throne room was empty, not that it surprised him, but the sound of his angered footfalls were louder then he liked. He paused a moment, staring at his throne in slight awe.
He'd actually had the nerve to jump onto my lap, and hug me. Touch me with out permission. Atemu shook his head, unsure whether the boy's lack of respect made him annoyed or pleased. By all standers the boy should have been put to death, and had he been anyone else, he would have, but the innocence, and the hope he found in those watery amethyst eyes, had stopped him. For some reason, Atemu simply could not kill the boy.
I'm getting to be too soft…
Yami entered his private room and settled into his worn seat with a groan of released stress. The smell of ink and papyrus paper easing the soft pounding headache that had developed. But it did little to erase the memory of that small body pressed to his own, the warmth that seeped through the boy and into him from simple human contact, and the way it had felt oddly right.
Now I'm starting to think like those Roman bastards with their little boy sex slaves… Atemu scoffed scratching his head before removing his heavy gold crown completely and bending over the text before him. Putting Yugi and his glowing puzzle far from his mind.
 
^^^^^^
 
The room seemed icy cold, even though he now say with a mug of hot chocolate in his hands. To Yami, everything just seemed like ice.
“Yami, I don't understand.” Jonouchi said softly from his position to the shadow's left his own mug steaming lightly in the room. Yami watched the curling evaporation with solemn eyes. He chose not to respond to Jonouchi's comment and before long, felt the blond's eyes on him. “Yami, why would you rape Yugi?”
Yami flinched, his hands gripping the mug tighter, wishing that he could feel the warmth of the beverage he held.
He'd been there for fifteen minutes. After his first outburst, Jonouchi had left to make something hot and calming and returned with the chocolate but had not said a word since.
“Yami?” Jonouchi asked, his voice sounding a little more dangerous than before, but not by much. Yami sighed bowing his head a bit more. He'd hoped he'd never have to explain his darkest thoughts to anyone, his deepest fantasies and wishes.
I was never going to reveal them… never. But now…
“Yami, I just want to know what the hell you meant about raping my best friend. I mean, I can't see you really doing that to Yugi and all, but—“
“I want him Jou.”
Jonouchi seemed to sputter over his confession, startled by Yami's sudden bluntness and had the circumstances been better, Yami would have smiled.
“W-what?!” Jonouchi coughed out, Yami kept his eyes focused on his puzzle as the blond tried to recover from the shock. “B-But what about Anzu?”
This time, Yami did smile. “Yugi likes her, not I. She's a great friend, but I love, Yugi.”
Silence took over for a while and it felt almost suffocating. Luckily, Jonouchi broke it once again. “So, does Yugi know that?”
“Gods no! I would never burden him with that!” Yami said, turning on Jonouchi so fast it made the other jump.
“So, you weren't going to tell him? Ever?”
“Not unless he asked. I want him to be happy Jonouchi. And If it's with Anzu, then it's with Anzu. Though I can admit I won't been to pleased with it, I'm already jealous of her as it is.”
Jonouchi sighed and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “Man, no offense Yami, but this kinda feels like the “Twilight Zone” or something. You being gay and all. Not that I hold that against you or anything, I mean I don't care what your preference is, it's just… strange hearing you confess and all.”
Yami nodded slowly, his fingertip brushing over the edge of the puzzle slowly as silence slipped in once again.
“But, Yami? I still don't get why you think you might rape Yugi. If you love him and all then why would you—“
“That's just it Jonouchi. I love him. Here, now, in this era. I won't know him back in my past. I won't see him as my Aibou.”
Jonouchi scoffed and seemed to grow agitated rubbing his head roughly. “Then damn, Yami, you have nothing to worry about. If you don't love him, or remember him then you won't touch him, right?”
Yami hunched lower at the question, and the nervous tension that rolled off of Jonouchi was nearly smothering. “Right, Yami?”
“… Jou, I said I want him, physically. I have since the first moment I saw him. I couldn't explain it, I just wanted to hold him, to love him, to… dirty his light. I didn't and haven't done so because I love him.”
Silence was deafening now as Yami met Jonouchi's suddenly wide and frightened eyes. Yami started to quake a bit, the dark liquid in his cup rippling from his inner turmoil.
“I don't want to remember it Jonouchi… and yet, I can't stop the memories at all.” Yami held back his tears, his grip tightening around his mug, until his knuckles had turned ashen. “Yugi was so upset by that dream… to know that I'll make him live through that… Jonouchi, I—“ Yami choked for a moment before turning to look his friend in the eyes and admitting what he would never dream of sharing before. “—I'm afraid. I fear for him.”
Jonouchi seemed unable to make a sound and wrapped a friendly arm around Yami's shoulders, his fearful, shocked expression softening to one of understanding, as if he knew it was his turn to be the strong and confident one, like the time when Yugi'd been taken away by Yami's own stupidity.
“Yug, will be fine Yami. I'm sure of it.”
The words still rung empty.
And the silence continued.
 
~~~~~~~~
 
(Ending Theme: “Night Flower”)
 
I'm wandering lost in the land of love;
please come find me.
I hide my heart
that I thought I'd already wore the wings off of.
 
The thousands of petals
which color my heart
make me yearn for you, almost sadly
Once more
 
Mirage that slips through my fingers
the moment I grasp it...
I want to steal away all of you.
 
Brandishing a frozen knife,
love dances, scattering the night flowers
 
Love, comfort, let go - even my heart...
Feel it more intensely
 
If it's destiny,
then I don't need peace or warmth.
 
Brandishing a frozen knife,
love dances, scattering the night flowers
 
Break, injure, seal it away - even my heart...
Love me more intensely
 
A.N. Well, there is chapter 4. Sorry it took so long to get it out. School started and then with classes and my job (Burger King) ^-^ I had no time to myself. Hopefully that will be remedied. ^-^ I love the reviews so please drop one, they do so much for my writing. ^-^ and the next chapter shouldn't be so depressing. ^-^
 
Lechan