Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of Shadow and Light ❯ Chapter Twelve ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A.N. MERRY CHRISTAMS AND HAPPY HOLLIDAYS!!!! So, I promised a certain someone that I'd have this out in time for Christmas. So, this is a present of sorts to the wonderful Cattie-dono who, as always, is the voice in my head telling me to update. Sorry this wasn't out sooner, several weird things happened and well, it became late. But hopefully this and the rewritten chapters (prologue-chapter 8) make up for it.
Standard disclaimer applies.
 
Chapter Twelve
 
The classroom was silent as the test wore on. The teacher's heeled shoes the only echoing sound aside from the soft scratch of pencil-lead on paper. It should have been comforting; the dull usualness of the moment. The sounds of everyday life in the twenty-first century, the warm autumn sunshine that poured in through the window, the face clock slowly counting down the hours of the that Saturday afternoon building the tension that sang through the students' every nerve as their weekend approached, was supposed to be a balm to the wounds of all, but it wasn't.
It was stifling.
How long has it been now? Two months? Six? Jonouchi had long lost count of exactly how much time had passed since Yugi's sudden disappearance. Not because things had been busy, but because there was nothing to be done. Nothing to focus on, no hope to cling to, just nothing.
It was easier to keep track of time when one had something to mark each day with. A battle, a goal, a destination, but the group of friends and the mighty King of Games were bereft with no such things. They were helpless to do anything except wait. Damn it, what's wrong with letting them be happy? Haven't they suffered enough? Jonouchi's eyes strayed to the slouched figure gazing out the window. Once brilliant, calculating eyes, now dull and listless. Watching the empty shell of his friend, he wasn't sure which hurt more, the uselessness he felt or the complete destruction that had befallen the man he'd once seen as invincible. I know he's just a man… but, he was a Pharaoh! He took all of that evil that doom had into himself, all of that hate and sorrow that belonged to the planet! Hell, he could use black magic. It's not right… him being broken like this…
Jonouchi sighed and turned away from the man currently pretending to be his best friend. He'd seen this once before; the depression and guilt, but he only heard about the other effects Yami's depression had on him.
It had only started up a few weeks ago, and only became apparent in the last seven days, but it seemed that Yami's pain was filtered and changed to anger in an attempt to help him deal with his loss, and that rage now needed an outlet.
The smallest offense made Yami snap now, and Jonouchi, Anzu, and Honda could only hold their breath and pray that the verbal—and sometimes physical—blow-ups would not escalate into more cases of Shadow Games. Anzu took comfort in the thought that there were no more bullies that were deserving of such rash actions. Honda was not convinced.
What the hell happened to us? Jonouchi wondered sadly.
Anzu was watching Yami with remorseful eyes from her seat. She'd been the only one to greet him with a good morning this day. Honda had glared and proceeded to work diligently on his schoolwork. Even now he was attacking his math test with more violence than Yami had fought with this morning, and Seto…
The CEO had returned from Egypt in a foul mood and had thrown himself into his work with a single-mindedness that—more than tears and mood swings—showed his stress and unease with his rival's disappearance. Yami was just no fun with out Yugi.
Jonouchi took note of the way Seto favored his right side, not surprised it still bothered him. Yami hadn't exactly held back. I know what he was trying to do, hell, if I had thought it would have helped I'd have done it myself, but…
Seto had purposefully riled Yami up that morning. Cornering the once Pharaoh on the roof and proceeded to tear into him, using every tactic he knew. Jonouchi had arrived at the climax of the argument, but was certain that insults to Yami's moppiness, character, and dueling abilities had been made before that fatal insult, the one Yami would take from no one, friend or foe, was made.
 
The door to the roof eased open letting the deceivingly cold wind and bright sunshine blind the blond teenager momentarily. Squinting his eyes, Jonouchi stepped out onto the roof, looking for the friend that was supposedly up there.
“You know, it's better that he's not here anymore.” The cold conviction rang out and Jonouchi froze, knowing exactly what the voice was saying and who it was implied to.
“What?” Yami's voice was a low growl that he saved for enemies and Bakura, but there was an edge to it that Jonouchi had never heard before, not even during Darts' asinine game. It worried him, and reminding him of Anzu's words and retelling of Yami's battle with Haga on the train.
“You heard me perfectly well, Pharaoh,” the way Kaiba said the title implied mockery, and now that Jonouchi could see the quarreling duelists, he was able to see the way Yami tensed at the inflection. “and you know I am right.”
Yami's lip curled back in a snarl, an odd string of sounds escaping him, and caused Jonouchi's arm hairs to stand on end. “Hri hm-ntr.”
“Uh…guys?” Jonouchi said, unsure if it was safe to interrupt his friends or not, but, in any case he couldn't just sit there.
“mn!” Yami snapped, his hand lifting in a halting gesture as Jonouchi moved towards them, and he complied with the command instantly, more out of shock then understanding. Holy… he's… talking in another language… Jonouchi's jaw unhinged recalling how Yugi had once told him that when was first freed from the puzzle, he'd spoken to Yugi, but in a language he could not understand, but after some time, `mou hitori no Yugi' started to speak in Japanese. Damn, Kaiba must have really pissed him off for him to slip while in Yugi's body… I mean, if Yugi's story is true… and everyone of those thugs had mistaken Yami for Yugi… Jonouchi's disjointed thoughts were stalled as before he could move to try and be the damage control, Kaiba had spoken again.
“Yugi's just a host and an annoyance! He's not needed here and is better off dead!”
It was a low blow, and Jonouchi bristled in anger, ready to attack the brunette himself, but was beaten to it by the enraged Yami.
“Tw lw m-t! iri nn mdw m sw ntt w3t!” It was a growled cry that did little to warn as Yami suddenly threw himself forward, tackling Kaiba to the ground. The once Pharaoh was much quicker than either had expected, and they froze momentarily as Yami sat upon Kaiba slugging him ruthlessly.
“Iti st hsl, Tw mArxprr!”
Kaiba seemed to regain himself as he rolled, taking his own swipe at Yami catching him across the face, now just as pissed off as the red-eyed demon pinned beneath him. “Just shut up, you lazy son of a bi—“Seto chocked on his words as Yami placed a well aimed kick to his chest, punching him solidly in the side directly afterward. Kaiba slumped to the side, winded as the irate Yami leapt to his feet, his entire form quaking.
“Tw stp n mdw H na Sm m-bAH wi, s3Ra, isfty?” Yami's voice had become a low croon, his words ancient and as airy as smoke, and it choked Jonouchi's heart. The ruthless kick to Kaiba's stomach forced Jonouchi into movement when it became clear that Yami was not going to stop. He'd completely snapped, and was lost in his own engulfing rage.
“Damn it, Yami, stop it!” Jonouchi cried out, grabbing a hold of Yami's shoulder and—
He was on his back looking up at the sky his left cheek throbbing.
“What the…” Sitting up stiffly, he caught the glare Yami was giving him from over his shoulder.
iri nn iri pf m wHm-a.”
For a brief instant, everything was still, then Jonouchi got mad.
It was a momentary struggle after Jonouchi slugged the back of Yami's head, before effectively pinning him to the ground. A quick glare to the CEO and request that he leave quickly, left the two alone. Yami twisting and screaming in that weird language, that gave the blond the chills, and Jonouchi trying hard not to hit him again.
“fh wi!” It was somewhat obvious what he was demanding, and it only further angered the blond, that his friend would not listen to reason, that the man who knew nothing but control had snapped so completely, so uncharacteristically.
“Not `till you calm down!”
Yami growled, struggling harder. “s3 nt sAb.”
Jonouchi had the feeling he'd just been insulted. “Damn it! Do you think this will help Yugi? You think he'd be proud of what your doing right now, Yami?! So just cool down!” Jonouchi snapped, unable to keep himself from lifting Yami by his arms—the ones he'd crossed painfully behind Yami's back—and smacking him against the ground again in irritation.
Yami was still and quiet for a long time, and when he spoke it was so quiet Jonouchi almost missed it. “…shut up… don't say it…” It was a whisper of sound, broken and tired. Jonouchi scowled keeping quiet as Yami shattered again, his shaking shoulders and near silent gasps the only indication of his pain. Yet, it haunted him more than his screams of “Aibou” had done on the cliff side all that time ago.
 
Jonouchi's pencil made a soft tapping noise as he bounced the end with the eraser against the top of his desk in contemplation. All Kaiba wanted was to force the life back into Yami's eyes and actions, but in the attempt, he only succeeded in breaking him further. Jonouchi shook his head looking to his own blank test. The numbers and equations looked as foreign as Yami's words had been that morning, and he simply didn't have the will to try at the moment.
Looked like Anzu and Yami didn't either.
What's going to happen to us? Jonouchi wondered sadly. We used to be so strong… an unbeatable team. Now…
Honda was a ghost. An angry ghost who hardly spoke to anyone and when he did it was cold and clipped. Anzu was like a doll made of glass ready to break at any moment, and he…
I just want my buddy back… Jonouchi put his pencil down and closed his eyes, hiding his face in his hands, wishing the day could simply match his dreary mood so he wouldn't feel so dark and alone. That's all I want…
And he knew it was the one thing he wouldn't get.
 
^^^^
 
The parade of guards through the receiving hall was flashy and quite bothersome as it was high noon, making it inconveniently hot and muggy. The over-crowded room not helping the heat in the least.
Atemu tried not to show his aggravation as irritation gnawed on the edges of his mind. It was a most annoying time for the Roman's to reappear in his land, this time baring goodwill and a signed treaty. He was glad for the security the document now gave his kingdom, but he did not wish to entertain the others at this time.
Especially now… Atemu glanced from the corner of his eye at the cessation of air flow. He caught glazed, and thoughtful amethyst, and as it had been the passed two weeks, Yugi jumped awake, blushed and looked away, continuing his duty of keeping Atemu cool.
Atemu's eyes narrowed and his mood darkened as he brought his attention back around to the speaking dignitary, not at all pleased to see Pragus standing proudly beside his young ruler.
It seemed that in a tragic event taking place sometime between Pragus' departure and return, the old Cesar had died and his eldest son had taken power. It's foolish of him to leave his kingdom so soon after his rise to power. Rome must be unstable at this point. It needs stability of power and time to rebuild its safe-guards. Atemu's thoughts were critical, reminiscing about his own coronation. It had been a few years and still he would not risk leaving Kehmet for a day. He'd even stopped his daily rides, too intent on settling the affairs of his kingdom.
Atemu also took note of the gleam of power in the new ruler's eyes—dull hazel sparkling with madness—and knew the old ruler's sudden departure from this life was probably no accident nor usual act of Osiris.
But that was no concern of his. The young Cesar had signed the papyrus and agreed to the terms that would keep Kehmet safe and at peace with Rome. Kehmet was safe from this power hungry child for the time being, that was all that concerned him now.
The current of air stopped once more.
My second problem…
Atemu had felt ashamed after Yugi's escape nearly two weeks before, but for the life of him, couldn't understand why. Mahado had said nothing to him about what he'd walked in on. He'd simply delivered the message that Seth was not willing to wait any longer for his arrival. Though Mahado had said nothing, Seth seemed to have plenty to say. That had not been pleasant. Atemu recalled as the introductions were made and the treaty re-read over with a relish, making it sound set in stone. He tuned out the discussion when it seemed that nothing had been changed and returned to his inward thoughts.
 
“So, it is as I feared. That boy has become a distraction to you.” The head priest said, his voice tight with worry.
“He is not a distraction.” Atemu immediately defended, only to realize that he was. He chose not to comment, Seth knew the truth anyway. One look at his face proved that fact and Atemu let out a breath slowly; silently.
“You lost your control, I'd say he's a distraction, Atemu.” Seth pointed, sitting down in the chair, relaxing in a way that he showed not the world. Atemu relaxed slightly in the shaded inner room that belonged to his cousin.
The walls were filled with scrolls and papyrus, filled with ancient texts and rituals, it was amazing that Seth hadn't gone insane from all the hours he'd spent pouring over them. Then again, it was those ancient riddles that had him convinced that Yugi was evil.
“I'm going to regret coming to you.” It wasn't a question.
“I only tell you the truth, you used to rely on such. Now, you complain.”
“Seth, he is—“ Atemu wasn't sure if he felt comfortable telling him about the future that Yugi had for told. It was a dark outlook for him and Kehmet, for Seth as well, seeing as the role of Pharaoh would then fall to him, and his so called, non-existent relationship with Jonoh would be a problem when he was pressed to wed and bare heirs. Though, Yugi's explanation about being his light half would put Seth's accusations to rest, it would most likely not be believed. “… he appeals to me. Greatly.”
Seth gave him a bored look. “You know I do not like him, and have nothing to say that will help you.”
“Yes, Seth, I know that well.”
“…good. So, this discussion is over.” Seth relaxed even more into his chair and breathed out in relief. “But if I may say…”
Atemu paused at the statement, turning to look at his high priest. Seth had a faraway look on his face, his expression looking a bit lost.
“It is not like you to shy away from a problem. You are pr-Aa, a god among man. You fear nothing, and give up nothing that you desire. Even if the mortal priests forbid it.”
Atemu gaped at Seth for several moments after the man had moved away to continue his work, a silent dismissal. Seth had just told him to do what he wanted, take what he desired and to hell with everything else. It made sense, in a way, but at the same time it was reckless. In the end, Atemu left the room as confused as when he'd entered, only now, he was wondering just when it was that he'd forgotten who he was.
 
It had occurred to him then as Yugi avoided him—yet snuck peeks at him when he thought Atemu didn't notice—that the feelings of guilt unnerved him because he was unused to feeling such things. He was a Pharaoh, and his needs and desires only came second to Kehmet's needs. Whatever he wanted he had gotten, until Yugi arrived, and suddenly what he wanted didn't matter, and he had to keep his desires to himself—not that he'd ever had those kinds of desires before. Sex had always seemed unimportant, especially in the face of Kehmet's needs, at his sudden coronation and overtaking of a kingdom.
It aggravated him for reasons he could not explain, should not have to explain. He knew he respected Yugi, felt even that they were in some ways equals, a part of a whole, but he knew that the truth was, that perhaps in Yugi's time they were the same, but here, he was a god among men, and Yugi was but a palace slave.
One that was currently forgetting his duties to stare at him. Although Atemu was flattered and glad that Yugi's actions proved that he was not as terrified as he'd acted, it was not a smart move to make out in the open .
Another look from him and Yugi was fanning and blushing in a moment.
“Pragus tells me that your dancers are among the best. As is to be expected of Kehmet.” The new Cesar—his name was Fastosus, at least that What Atemu remembered the Youths name to be—flattered. It was the usual speech and Atemu had grown quite bored with such comments, even as he showed no hint of his feelings outwardly. There was no reason to comment of such a statement and so, Atemu remained silent. I'm sure he told you so. Told you about Yugi no doubt…
Atemu's lower eyelid twitched in aggravation, understanding the underlying request and knowing that he could do little but acquiesce to it. The treaty still too new to take any chances. That means Yugi's going to have to move back in with me. He couldn't help but feel particularly happy with that idea, even as the part that reacted oddly to Yugi—the guilt and shame—couldn't dampen his feelings on the matter. He had had enough with these cumbersome emotions, and conflicting desires. He'd been disgusted with the Roman's chose of bed mates because of the age difference, but Yugi was quite old enough for the things that happened in the bed, and if the looks Yugi kept giving him were anything to go by, then he wasn't averse to the idea. So, there was nothing wrong with Atemu going after what he wanted.
Seduction wasn't rape after all.
“Kehmet is honored by your visit, Cesar. Coming all the way out here in such rough times as these just to formally conclude our treaty.” Atemu let the notion of responsibility hang in the air for several moments, not surprised when the boy—for the new Cesar could be no older than thirteen years—just smiled oblivious to the duties he was currently ignoring. “How long will your visit be?”
Fastosus blinked, and turned to look at Pragus, his light colored hair falling into his eyes, and Atemu suddenly feared that perhaps Pragus was the young one's lover, but the way Pragus looked at him denounced that notion quickly.
“Rome should be fine for a while in your absence.” Pragus said evenly, almost practiced, Atemu didn't like it. Then again, he didn't like anything the man did or stood for. So, they'll be here a while, hopefully not too long. Bakura's been overly active these past few weeks, his sudden silence now worries me. Where did he go?
Atemu nodded to a few guards, meeting Saimun's worried gaze and nodding once letting them take care of the crowd. “Then let us find you some rooms.”
The small Cesar seemed pleased with this and readily jumped to his feet, eager to see what it was like to be here in Egypt. Probably heard stories of grandeur and fancy. Atemu thought slightly annoyed as he motioned his men to show the Roman's out.
“The footmen can stay in the rooms they had last, give Pragus his old room and give Cesar the room next to his, that should satisfy their needs and keep them from my hair.” Atemu stated under his breath to Saimun. Yugi snickered to his right, and Atemu felt the corner of his mouth tug up as well. It seemed he wasn't the only one who didn't appreciate the Roman's intrusion.
“As you say, so shall it be done.” Saimun bowed and left his side, Mahado remained by his side along with Seth, who looked about as happy as Atemu felt about the arrangement. The again, his cousin always seemed displeased by something these days. If it wasn't the Romans it'd be Yugi.
Atemu waited a while, enjoying the cool breeze now that there was less people in the room. He'd have to arrange for Cesar and Pragus to meet him in his seating room to explain where they were allowed to roam while he was busy, and to play host for a while longer, so as not to appear rude.
Should also alert the dancers… prepare Yugi to go on… switch Yugi's sleeping arrangements, I still need to check the grain storage and take care of the bandits caught yesterday afternoon—
The current stopped again.
Looking over Yugi's blushing face, the red color sinking all the way to his navel, Atemu suddenly had an idea and smirked. Perhaps I should treat my guests to some grapes.
 
^^^^
 
Yugi was currently wondering how his life could get so bad as he found himself walking behind a young servant girl, whose name he could not remember—but she was the daughter of the head cook—carrying a bowl filled with grapes.
Kuso, how do I manage it? I just get things under control and then the next thing I know its all messed up again. And now Prego-man is back, with King Arthur and its either stay close to Yami or… Yugi felt his head start to hurt again and he let out a grumpy groan. He'd been a confused mess for the passed two weeks, scared of Atemu and yet curious as to why he felt the way he had. If Anuksu hadn't kept him busy with dance during the hours he wasn't tending to Atemu—and only god knew how he'd managed to get out of his bathing duty to the pervy Pharaoh—he'd have broken down long ago. As it was, his thoughts only had time to eat at him while he slept, or attempted to anyway, or when he became bored trying to keep as far away from Atemu as possible and still take care of his duties.
That was a trying task.
Why'd this all have to happen? Why couldn't we have just stayed friends and then I could have gone home and wouldn't have had to explain myself to Anuksu only to have her laugh at me! Yugi grunted again, and scuffed his sandled foot into the floor.
After his flee from the bathing room, he'd been found by the dancing girl as she made her way through the garden—god only knew what she was doing in there in the first place—and when she saw his tears streaked face, she had bundled him up and whisked him back to her home.
It had been as he'd remembered, and it helped to calm him a bit, even as it reminded him of how long he'd been away from home. His depressed state had not gone unnoticed, and Anuksu had handed him some water, then forced him to help her with the laundry. While working on the mundane, she managed to ease the problem from him. Somehow, he'd expected more of a reaction from her, but, then again, she wasn't exactly Anzu.
 
“… The pr-aA, kissed you?” Anuksu sounded a little stunned. Her hands had stilled in the sudsy bucket, fingers stilled curled in the damp cloth.
“Yeah. It the bathing room.” Yugi swallowed back the tremble in his voice. He'd been dependant too long. Since when had he been so weak as to need Yami by his side all the time? Never… I'm my own person. I am Yugioh, I earned that title as surly as Yami did. I can care for myself. The pep-talk was nice, though it only helped a little. Afterall, he was his own person, and that meant he'd enjoyed Atemu's kiss all on his own. “…He… dragged me in and… well, kissed me.”
Yugi's blush must have said volumes, for Anuksu made an understanding face and continued with the laundry. “So, he kissed you, and then what happened.” The way she said kiss implied that she knew that they had done a lot more than that, and Yugi flushed uncomfortably, hanging the clothes up to dry to focus on something else.
“Mahado walked in and… I ran away.”
The bucket was knocked over with a loud clatter, and water sloshed out to be absorbed by the sun-dried land. “You ran away?!”
The fact that she seemed more startled by the thought that he'd run away than the part where her god was making out with a mortal human boy startled Yugi and he turned to face her confused.
“Well, yeah, he had his hand down my pants, what was I supposed to do?” Yugi snapped, when she started acting like he was the most stupid being on the planet. Hey, it was his body the man was attempting to molest! And why wasn't she being all concerned and motherly about this?!
“You really are a Xrd!” Anuksu shook her head, ignoring his pout. “The pr-aA makes a move on you, and you run away. Yugi, the pr-aA's affections are a gift! He's a god! He can, and will give you anything you want! Why run from that?
Yugi blinked. “Maybe because I'm not gay.”
Anuksu made a face at the term she obviously did not understand, and then crossed her arms, eyes lowering in a look that clearly stated that she didn't believe him. “Yeah, sure your not. Mr. I-live-far-away. Just keep telling yourself that, you know you liked it.”
Yugi balked. He couldn't believe she'd just said that, and how the hell would she know anyway. For several long moments, Yugi sat opening and closing his mouth until she threw a wet sheet at him.
“Oh, stop giving me that look! If you really hated it, you would be crying, not blushing and squirming around like a love-sick Jackle.” Anuksu responded with a warm smile to take the bite from her words.
She's trying to cheer me up… she's making me fight back. Yugi realized suddenly, and broke into a grin as he hung up the wet cloth.
“Yeah, whatever. I bet you're the one who really wants in his pants.” Yugi poked, back. Maybe, things weren't so damaged after all. He just needed to think and be true to himself.
“Of course. I don't know what you're problem is, the man's drop-dead sexy.”
Yugi almost died at the term she'd somehow managed to pick up from him.
“What did you—“
“Fess up, I see the way you dance for the pr-aA.”
“Anuksu!”
 
The memory was a warm comfort, and had been his strength for when he'd had to face the Pharaoh again, but he had yet to figure out his own feelings, and now the Roman's had returned bringing more troubles. …And Atemu decides that I need to stay in his room again. Yugi shuddered, but why he wasn't so sure. The dick acts like nothing happened between us, and then says that I am to stay with him again? Yeah, right, so he can molest and forget again? I don't think so!
 
“The pr-aA's as confused as you are. Give him time.”
 
Mahado's words ended his momentary anger, and Yugi deflated. He knew best of all what the white priest was talking about, and really had no place to judge. He's still Yami… a perverse, stuck-up, annoying Yami, but Yami none-the-less.
The doors swung open to show the lounging room in the gardens where he'd first told Atemu about his new hobby. Yugi felt his face heat up unexpectedly, and he nearly froze in place. The nudge from the girl behind him prompted him into motion again.
Atemu was reclined in his seat facing the small boy-ruler, Pragus stood guard beside his king, just as Jonoh stood by Atemu. The conversation seemed to be on silly things of unimportance, if the look on Atemu's face was anything to go by.
“Ah, grapes. I was unaware that you had suck fruits out here!” The boy said ignorantly, and Yugi felt the need to roll his eyes. Was it possible for someone to be so stupid? Egypt had trade routs, and special items for the pharaoh weren't all that uncommon.
Atemu gave a curt smile, but refrained from speaking. He gave a nod and the daughter of the cook moved in to sit beside the Roman ruler. Picking up a plump berry, she offered it to the ruler, hand feeding him.
Yugi paled, realizing that that left him to serve Atemu. God damn it! He planned this! The little bastard planned this I just know it! Yugi glared when he saw the smirk on Atemu's tanned face, and wondered how much trouble he'd get in for throwing the silver platter at the pharaoh's big, arrogant head.
“Slave, I am waiting.” Atemu said, enjoying his role way too much. If the roman's weren't here you'd have a reason for needing that guard… Yugi stomped over and flopped onto the edge of the seat, determined not to let Atemu bother him, and shoved the plate in his direction.
Crimson eyes glittered, as Atemu relaxed further and opened his mouth. Yugi desperately wished to hit him. What had gotten into him? First he's moody, then he attacks me, acts like nothing happened, and now, he's … he's… Yugi scowled. Being an ass.
Picking a violet colored fruit from the bunch Yugi looked at the open orifice and wondered just how hard he'd have to throw it to choke the bastard.
Something had changed between them. Somehow, Atemu seemed more assured, controlled, and Yugi was no longer playing meek. Something within the past two weeks had shifted, and the two were caught in the middle.
Atemu nudged Yugi with his foot, and opened his mouth a little wider. With a sigh Yugi leaned forward—no, his heart had not just skipped, and he was not blushing from close proximity with the man—to drop the grape in Atemu's mouth, when the lips snapped shut. Hot, moisture encased his fingertips as that skillful tongue stole the grape from him, giving his skin a quick kiss as it passed.
Yugi gasped, pulling his hand back, and stared, shocked at Atemu, who only gave him a sensual look.
Yes, something had definitely changed.
 
Throughout the entire time spent in the garden with the grapes, Yugi had been teased and molested through his fingertips. The grape would near those lips, and his finger would be caught. Sometimes, Yugi was quick enough to escape, and so started the weird, sexually tense game between them.
Yugi would dart in to deposit a grape, and Atemu would ensnare his fingertips. Where upon capture, he would suckle, lick, or kiss. Yugi was certain he'd felt the scrape of teeth on his skin once or twice, but wasn't sure. In fact the only thing he was certain of, was that both of them were disappointed when the grapes where all gone.
Yugi had stood shakily, his nerves still firing from the intimate encounter, and the feel of those lips on his again, and was going to leave when, he was escorted to Atemu's chambers by Jonoh. Which was where he now stood, uncertain and confused, in the middle of the pharaoh's bedchamber. What does all of this mean? I… I did l—lik—Yugi made a face, annoyed with his mental stuttering. I liked it! So what?! I'm a teenage boy with normal hormones, who enjoyed having his fingers sucked on by his best friend and guardian. Red flushed his face, and Yugi internally collapsed into himself again. That just sounds… so wrong…
The sun was coming in at an angle, evening was approaching. Yugi was supposed to dance tonight, for the first time in a long while. He wondered if Atemu was planning to keep him from doing so. No, not with that little display in the garden. He was practically seducing me in public! Yugi tried not to think of how well that had been working, both then and when he'd been in Atemu's bath.
So, maybe I'm not as straight as I thought I was. Does that make me bi? Or does it even matter? Wait, I'm not a necrophiliac right? I mean, right now Atemu's alive and all… but this isn't my era. And Yami's technically a ghost so…. What does this make me?
Yugi ran himself in circles, unaware of the entrance made behind him, as the golden light engulfed the room, turning everything into a burnt brightness. He was so caught up with his sexuality that he didn't even sense another presence, until strong, tanned arms had wrapped themselves around his waist in a possessive hold.
Yugi let out a squeak, and jumped, looking at the palms that pressed flat to his bared belly. Gold rings adorned long fingers, arm bands hiding the skin on the fore arms. “Y—Yami…” Yugi cursed himself for stuttering and tried to pull free from the embrace but was held captive. Hot lips descended upon his throat in a tender kiss. Yugi could feel the insides of said lips and shivered at the slick departure.
The arms tensed feeling the small movement and the fingers began a soft kneading motion as the moved lower. Yugi gasped, rising to the balls of his feet as his groin tightened, and in lower stomach started to ache. “S…stop…” Yugi breathed, his insides a knotted mess as uncertainty made him frightened.
Sure he'd enjoyed the game, and sure his body liked the attention it was given, but his heart and mind still could not make heads or tales of what he wanted or felt.
The fingers continued to massage his belly, but no longer moved downward. A blast of hot breath burned his neck as the lips kissed the outer rim of his ear, capturing the very edge and suckling lightly. “You know, telling me what to do is a crime.” Atemu's words sent both lust and terror straight through Yugi's body and he barely stopped his whimper from escaping.
What… what is he going to do? And… will I be able to stop him? Will I want to stop him? Yugi desperately tried to find the answers as Atemu nuzzled his ear, and then—
Pulled away.
Huh…
“But… you, Yugi, I will stop.”
Turning around, Yugi saw the pained, but sincere expression on his dark's face, and could find nothing to say. Atemu smiled, and retreated to his bed, sitting down upon it with a sigh, relaxing into its comfort.
“Why?” Yugi managed to choke out. Uncertain if he meant why Atemu would stop, or why Atemu wanted him in the first place. For the gods knew Yugi had no clue as to why.
“Because I choose to.”
It was so arrogantly Atemu, that Yugi wanted to laugh, but he didn't have the strength to at that moment.
“No, I mean, why… why do you want…” Yugi shrugged gesturing to himself and watched Atemu's reaction. For several long moments Atemu just stared at him, those passionate eyes calculating as if looking for the answer himself. Somehow, the uncertainty that Atemu showed eased some of Yugi's own fear.
At least he wasn't the only one confused by his body's reactions.
“I'm not certain.” Atemu finally answered, and Yugi sagged briefly, as the pharaoh stood and walked toward him. “I just crave you.” Atemu stated, his fingers tracing Yugi's cheek. Just looking in his eyes showed Yugi what the other said was true. The need, and desire in those red eyes was intoxicating, and Yugi looked away with a blush, unsure of how to take that. “And I don't want anyone else to have you.”
The possessive ring to those words, accompanied by the grip that hand suddenly made to the side of his face made Yugi tremble, and he bit his lip.
“I… I don't…” Yugi tried, but his voice petered out into nothing and he found he had no answer or response for Atemu. He wasn't sure what was right, what was needed, or what he wanted, it made confessing rather difficult.
Just stay true to yourself, remember? That's what you decided to do, so, go with it. With a deep breath, Yugi closed his eyes and pulled Atemu against him in a hug. Deeper than friendship, lighter than desire, just a warm, loving, confused hug that summed up everything he had inside.
As before when he'd used Japanese to prove himself, Atemu seemed to understand and returned to hesitant hold with his own of strained passion, but it wasn't uncomfortable. It was satisfied. Nothing else needed to be explained for now. Atemu craved Yugi, and cared for him, as Yugi craved and cared for Atemu. The rest could wait.
Atemu sighed, sounding pleased with the contact and Yugi smiled back. For a long while they simply held each other, until at last the sun flickered out and darkness set it. The guest and food were waiting.
Before they'd made it out the door, Atemu caught, Yugi's hand stalling him, and forcing him to look up at him. A chaste kiss to his lips, and Atemu whispered, “Come to the throne room after the evening meal. I wish for you to dance for me… only me.”
Yugi blushed.
Then nodded.
 
^^^^
 
The dinner was a blur of colors and sound to him as he waited for the meal to end. His stomach knotted up so tightly he doubted any of the butterflies that had once been there had survived. What he was expecting, Yugi didn't know. He wasn't even sure he wanted to. All he knew was that Anuksu had been more than right about him and his feelings, and he couldn't wait to dance for the Pharaoh.
… I wonder, what this means. It's not like, I hate him. It's Yami after all, and, when he kissed me… A blush stained his cheeks as he waited in the cold throne room. It was empty, save for the guards who faced away from him, and the flickering torchlight which crackled and cast deep shadows that danced in the wind. …Man, why can't this just be easy? Yugi complained, playing with his silver shoed foot restlessly. Do I like Yami? Like that I mean? Like the way I should like Anzu… do like Anzu? Great now my head hurts…
His thoughts ran in circles again, memories buzzing about in a hazy blur. Anzu had been his first friend, she'd always been there, and he just thought that he would marry her. That was just the way things would go, but then, Yami came, and the battles with Pegasus, and Marik, and the truth about Yami's memories, and then the final battle that was supposed to take place, but never did. Then, I wound up here, in a poor rendition of Alice in Wonderland. Or would this be more like The Wonderful Wizard of Oz? Yugi grinned at the image of Pragus in a black dress and pointed hat cackling with his flying monkeys dancing around him. Heh, yeah, that's it, and my silver shoes are just like those stupid red ones.
On the spur of the moment, Yugi stood and clacked his heels together. “There's no place like home, there's no place like home.”
“Do I want to know what it is that you are doing?”
Yugi opened his eyes, almost saddened to find that his humorous interlude had ended and his `magic' dancing shoes had not whisked him away to his room where Yami would be waiting with that ever patient smile, and kind eyes.
 
“Where have you been, Aibou?”
 
Yugi swallowed back the lump in his throat, eyes burning uncomfortably with the prick of tears. Scrubbing at his face he looked up in time to see Atemu take his seat on the throne. He leaned forward, elbows resting on his knees, chin in hands, and gazed at Yugi. “You back, little one?”
For a second it was easy to forget that he was in ancient Egypt, and that Atemu wasn't Yami, and that everything was just fine, and Yugi found it in himself to smile and nod.
“Yeah,” Yugi gave a deep bow, playing his roll flawlessly. “Would the pr-aA care for some amusement?” Yugi felt his face burn again, and dared not look up.
“Proceed.” Atemu's voice rang out and surrounded Yugi, and his blush grew worse. Why is it I blush at every little thing? Maybe I'm chemically imbalanced or something. Yugi tried to convince himself, as he sought out a beat. Anuksu had pointed out that it was not the skill of the dancer that made the dance beautiful, but the storyteller inside that dancer. It had seemed silly to Yugi, to tell a story without words, but after watching her perform he began to understand. And the only way to dance with out music is to tell a story with the movements, create the music by the actions. But what can I use?
The wind came in from outside, and stirred the flame causing it to jump in the darkness, and flare out in retaliation. The wind only aided the flame by giving it oxygen so it could burn, but too much wind would suffocate the brilliant light, and too little would kill it. Thinking on that, Yugi moved, his movements the fluid wind. Coaxing, calming, and aiding. The silent strength not seen, and rarely noticed. He rolled his hips as his arms arched out, showing the help the wind sought to give and the hurt caused by the flames recoil. Yugi spun, to his knees quickly, portraying the increase in the `tempo' of his dance, before rolling his upper torso and arms, leaning back to show the descent of loneliness and shame for both the wind and the flame.
The stillness of the waiting wind, the ignorance of the flame, as the battle raged on, and the evil, vile card was played, the card of souls. Oracle Curse card…
Without realizing it, Yugi had begun his own tale, the tale of Yami and himself, in the one battle where they had faced two separate sides, only to fall without the other. He showed the anger, stress and fear, in sharp turns flips, and body rolls, and then the sudden, abrupt end—hands held locked at the wrists above his head—slow sways showed the despaired acceptance, as the Duel Monsters champion failed, and lost his soul.
In a moment, a soft turn and gentle hip rolls, Yugi described the sacrifice made. The choice to die instead of live, for he knew Yami would save him, Yami would win. He knew it, he believed in it, in him, because he…
Yugi stopped, eyes opening in shock, cheeks tinged a dark red from his exertions. I… I love him. That was why I did it. The blush faded from his face, and he was left feeling oddly content. I shoved him out of the way because, I couldn't stand to see him die. I couldn't lose him. If I lost him, I would never have gotten him back. So I chose…
Yugi looked up and caught the curious eyes of the Pharaoh. Crimson blinked slowly and took on a worried edge. The fire Yugi admired so much about his dark, blazing brightly before him.
… to die.
It suddenly all made sense.
 
^^^^
 
The dance was more than he'd expected from Yugi. The evening dance at the dinner had been as enticing as always, with Yugi being the center-piece once more, and as before, Atemu's blood had heated at the sight of Yugi's erotic dance. The clothes the motions, the kohl outlining his eyes, it all added to the moment, and Atemu sat back and enjoyed it fully, finally at peace with his feelings. He wanted Yugi.
Yugi knew.
Yugi was still confused.
Atemu would wait.
Instead of feeling enraged when Pragus made his usual comments and such, Atemu felt a bit of smug pride. Pragus could insinuate and dream about it for however long he wanted, but Yugi was his, not the Roman's.
So, when the dance had ended, and Yugi left, Atemu felt rather comfortable waiting out the rest of his meal. When he'd arrived to the throne room, dismissing his guards as he did, he'd found Yugi tapping his heels together quite comically.
He'd let the topic drop when Yugi blushed, and had seated himself to enjoy his private performance, but he'd not expected what he got. At first Yugi's motions seemed stiff, strained, but precise. Showing a conflict, but one that was both rewarding and harming. But as the dance continued, it smoothed and became fluid, passionate with life. The battle hard and fast, the emotions chaotic and sad, and then the end came, swift and sudden. It was a tragedy, ending without hope. Then the soft conflict arose again, this time in rescue, and the sadness deepened, and then…
Yugi simply stopped.
He was moving, telling a story so perfectly that Atemu had felt the pain in his own heart at the loss of something he did not even know of. It was a story of Yugi. No, this is… our story. The thought came swiftly, and stunned Atemu at its implications. All he could do was stare back at Yugi seemed to come to a conclusion even he had not been aware of.
Time seemed to stand still, the air humming with the tension between them. A standstill of emotions, as the moon rose to paint the sand ivory. Yugi looked at him, eyes steady, with sudden understanding and acceptance, and Atemu stared back with reciprocated feelings.
And the moment was gone.
Yugi smirked, a challenge in his eyes, which intrigued Atemu coaxing his own smirk to the front as Yugi's hips began to sway again, this time, his movements taking on the sensual tone of the evenings dance.
You want to play, little one? Then let us play. Atemu grinned accepting Yugi's challenge as the boy lifted his hands into the air performing tight grinding circles with his hips, half-lidded eyes playfully glancing at him from beneath his eyelashes.
Lounging in his chair watched the dance as it progressed in urgency and need, showing the driving urge of completion. Sweat glistened on Yugi's pale face, cheeks flushed brightly, and little belly rolling with the controlled rolls and thrusts of his hips.
Yugi was calling him out, with his moves, beckoning him to come out and dance with him. Atemu smirked, sinking lower into his chair. The pr-aA obeys not mortal… With a single curled finger, he called Yugi to him. Urging his little dancer closer, to please his god. Come, slave… Atemu thought darkly, as Yugi again rolled himself to his knees bending backwards before flipping to all fours. In a move Atemu had never seen but greatly appreciated, Yugi began to crawl toward him.
The burn in his belly grew hotter as Yugi advanced closer, his back end swaying from side to side. Up the steps he crawled, sliding up and between Atemu's spread knees, and then he rested his hands on his golden thighs his head following suit.
His breath burned his skin, as Yugi attempted to regain his breath, and Atemu could feel the rise and fall of Yugi's chest against his legs, his heart pounding the rhythm of his dance into his own body. “Have I… please my pr-aA?” Yugi asked, voice no louder than a whisper, and Atemu shivered in desire at the huskiness of Yugi's usually soft voice. He nodded in reply, lifting his hand to trail it down Yugi's cheek and neck.
“pey-i bnr nny bek.” Atemu purred, watching as Yugi's eyes flashed in retaliation to his comment. But before the role playing could be brought to a close, Atemu shifted, placing his lips searchingly on Yugi's.
It was slow, eyes open watching the other. Lips pulled apart then connected again, this time parted slightly, tongues brushing gently. Atemu pulled back slowly, pleased when Yugi moved to follow.
“Come up here, akhu.” Atemu whispered against Yugi's lips. Yugi's eyes opened slowly from where they'd slid closed. Atemu smirked and leaned back into his throne, showing that he wish for Yugi to sit in his lap.
Yugi moved slowly, almost uncertainly, but he didn't balk. Once Yugi was seated in his lap, one pale leg on either side of Atemu's own—his wrap bunched up by his hips showing his boxer shorts and the pleasant bulge beneath. Yugi was slightly red once more, and Atemu smirked, his hands skimming up Yugi's thighs to rest on those tiny hips. This is what I wanted… what I've craved since the first time he threw himself into my lap like this.
“Ate—“ Atemu's finger stalled the rest of Yugi's words, and with a stern look, Yugi amended by kissing his fingertip. “pr-aA.”
Atemu nodded, moving his hand back down to hold Yugi's hips, fingers flexing. He liked the feel of Yugi straddling his legs.
“What do you wish of me, pr-aA?”
Atemu smirked.
“Dance for me…” Atemu watched the shock that penetrated Yugi's eyes, and leaned closer, mingling their breath. “… right, here.”
 
^^^^
 
The dank smell of rot clung to the musky room, hidden beneath the sand at the base of the old temple of upper Kehmet. It had not been disturbed for years, since the creation of the millennium items. No one had dared to disrupt the balance. To challenge the living god, the pharaoh.
No one, save him.
Bakura's grin was feral as he forced his way into the tomb of the forgotten.
The resting place of Exodia.
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
(Ending Theme: Night Flowers)
 
I'm wandering lost in the land of love;
please come find me.
I hide my heart
that I thought I'd already wore the wings off of.
 
The thousands of petals
which color my heart
make me yearn for you, almost sadly
Once more
 
Mirage that slips through my fingers
the moment I grasp it...
I want to steal away all of you.
 
Brandishing a frozen knife,
love dances, scattering the night flowers
 
Love, comfort, let go - even my heart...
Feel it more intensely
 
If it's destiny,
then I don't need peace or warmth.
 
Brandishing a frozen knife,
love dances, scattering the night flowers
 
Break, injure, seal it away - even my heart...
Love me more intensely
 
 
~*~
 
Translations:
 
“Hri hm-ntr.” -“Be quiet, Priest.”
Mn - To remain
Tw lw m-t! iri nn mdw m sw ntt w3t! - You are (a) dead man! Do not speak of
him that way!
Iti st hsl, Tw mArxprr! - Take it back, you wretched beatle!
 
Tw stp n mdw H na Sm m-bAH wi, s3R(a)—microsoft word doesn't have the right symbols for it—isfty? - You dare speak with hate in the presence of me, the
son of Ra, evil one?
iri nn iri pf m wHm-a - Do not do that again.
fh wi! - Release me!
s3 nt sAb. - Son of a jackal.
Pey-i bnr nhy bek—My precious little servant.
A.N. Okay, so there is chapter 12. Hope it came across all right. If it's not as good or choppy let me know and I'll fix it up as much as I can. Anyway, please review if you have time, and Merry Christmas to all!!!!