Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Painful Memories ❯ Angel ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer : I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh!

Note

Eventual Y/YY.

Set in Kemet (Ancient Egypt).

====================================================

~Yami's thoughts~

:Temporary mind links:

====================================================

Chapter 2

====================================================

It had been a long day. The Pharaoh's Council of Advisors had been especially grouchy and obstinate. Yami often wondered why the former Pharaoh, his father - Pharaoh Nephyst, had hired a pack of greedy mules to run the country. Kemet has been paying a high price for his father's costly mistake. Kemet was forever at war and the living conditions for the poor were steadily deteriorating. Yami felt helpless in the face of it all. He must do something. He clearly remembered the words of his Advisors.

*************************************************************** ****

Flashback

"My Pharaoh I believe we must proceed to war immediately. The threat cannot be ignored any longer." said Faraaz.

"The threat cannot be ignored any longer, Faraaz? It has only been three weeks." argued Pharaoh Yami, incredulous.

"Three weeks too many, My Lord." spoke up Shimaar who was sitting across from the Pharaoh.

"But my Advisors, don't you see. This would be a senseless war. Those peasants, they have no food, no water and no supplies. They have nothing to fight with. If we call a war upon them it would only bring about a senseless blood bath."

"I agree with the Pharaoh." said Priest Seth from the Pharaoh's right. "These people are only looking for a place to shelter their young. They have no intent of war. Why, only a few renegades among them attacked some farmers out of desperation for food and water. That could hardly be described as a threat. We should invite them to our lands, and provide them the necessary amenities."

The Advisors smiled at them as if they were children, fresh out of the cradle taking their first steps.

"Oh but Seth and Yami. You are both so very young." Faraaz spoke again in a voice that a mother uses with a favourite child.

"You do not address the High Priest and the Pharaoh by their names you insolent fool." hissed the brunette Sorcerer from beside the pharaoh.

"Forgive me Your Highnesses." said Faraaz not sounding the least bit remorseful and a touch annoyed. He continued in that sugar coated voice, "But don't you see! This is the perfect opportunity for us to acquire new slaves! Why give them the rights of a citizen and lighten the treasury, and in their desperate condition, we can have them to serve us for nothing!"

There were brief nods and sounds of agreement from the other council members. Yami had had enough. They had been arguing about this issue for over five hours over the past week. It seemed as if nothing could dissuade the Council of Advisors from their decision. Yami was getting a killer headache from all their mindless babbling and their apparent belief that the Pharaoh and his cousin, only four years his senior were simpletons.

"The meeting is adjourned for the day. We will meet again in three days when the Great Ra shines high in the sky. Until then, Good Afternoon. You are dismissed." Saying these words, the Pharaoh abruptly terminated the War Council.

The Advisors made disgruntled noises in their throats and filed out of the throne room, leaving Seth and Yami alone. The Pharaoh put his hand up to his temple, massaging it gently.

"My Pharaoh, you should get some rest." murmured the High Priest sympathetically. "I will have your lunch sent to your quarters."

Yami looked up at Seth, giving him a soft smile.

"My Cousin, you know I cannot do so. There is still much to be done before I can have my rest."

Seth smiled at his cousin and pulled him to his feet by his hands.

"Little cousin. I will take care of your duties for the day. Go get some rest. I can see from your countenance that you have not slept much these past few nights, have you? Go get some sleep. I will handle your affairs this day."

"Thank you, Seth. I don't know what I would do without you." whispered the Pharaoh.

"We're family, Yami. We look out for one another remember that." murmured Seth pulling Yami into a gentle embrace, putting his face in his hair, nuzzling gently.

"I will." replied the teenage Pharaoh as he gave his cousin a grateful smile before retiring to his room.

Flashback End

*************************************************************** ****

The Pharaoh smiled remembering the brief hug, the only high point that day. He stretched out, closed his eyes, yawning as he entered his room. By the Gods, was he exhausted! The afternoon sunshine poured through the windows onto his eyelids as if mocking him for gong to bed while Ra shone down bright in the sky.

~Son of Ra they call me. Well, what need of the son of the sun when the sire still rules the day.~

He approached his bed with his eyes still closed and lay himself down on the silk covers. He turned onto his side to get more comfortable when he felt something soft brush his face. Yami opened his eyes, fully expecting to see the High Priest's younger brother Mokuba, snoozing in his bed, hiding once again from the palace tutors. He opened his eyes and found himself staring at a shock of scarlet tipped ebony hair.

~Strange... Mokuba's hair is much longer and does not have any highlights like mine. Perhaps he cut his hair short and the sunshine must have caused them to seem scarlet tinged.~

The ruby eyed teen propped himself up on an elbow. "Mokie... wake up and go to your room. Your brother will scold you if he finds you in my chamber." he whispered, not wanting to rudely awaken the by. He gently shook the boy by the shoulders and turned him over on his back, when he got the shock of his life.

Yami found himself staring at a miniature replica of himself lying in his bed, seemingly fast asleep. The boy had the same hair as himself, black with crimson tips at the back, and golden bangs framing his face like a halo, emphasizing his delicate beauty and the same full lips.

But that was where the resemblance ended.

Yami's skin, despite his luxurious lifestyle, had weathered in the desert air and had tanned bronze under the hot sun. The boy's skin; it was as pale as porcelain as if the sun would never touched his skin. He was not pallid by any means. There was a healthy glow to his skin that made Yami want to reach out and touch it. Where his face was sharp and angular, the boy's face was soft with gentle curves. He propped himself up over the sleeping child.

~He must be around eleven or twelve old.~ mused the pharaoh as he gazed at the childlike features.

Gazing at the sleeping child, the Pharaoh was suddenly overcome by the urge to look into the boy's eyes. What colour would they be? Would they be the soft golden brown of honey or the pale blue of the desert sky, or would they be the vivid green of olives? No. Not browns, blues or greens. Those colours would never be able to do proper justice to those angelic features. They must be of a rare colour like his own. No, not red. So demonic a colour would never do. A combination of the primary three perhaps?

He tentatively held out his hand and gently stroked the alabaster skin.

~So very soft...~

He leaned in closer, his gaze never leaving the cherubic features. He watched as the boy shifted in his sleep. As the boy shifted, his face fell into the sunshine. A small smile flickered across his face, and the pharaoh's heart soared. He wanted to see that smile once more. He lightly stroked the boy's cheek, hoping to gently awaken the child.

In response, the boy yawned sleepily, stretching his arms out. His outstretched arms encountered Yami's chest. He opened his sleep-hazed eyes and peeked from beneath his long sooty lashes.

The Pharaoh choked on words. His throat had dried up. ~Violet... So perfect a colour, like the rarest of amethysts set in shimmering pearl white.~

The Pharaoh watched as the boy's face transmuted to joy, further enhancing his fragile beauty. His heart rate speeded up when he realized that he was the cause for that elation.

They kept gazing at each other in companionable silence, neither wanting to shatter the dreamlike state. The amethyst-eyed boy gently lifted a hand to stroke the Pharaoh much like Yami had done earlier. The lavender orbs filled with wonder when they encountered the tanned cheek. He yawned again cutely, withdrew his hand and rubbed at his sleepy eyes. He came forward, placing himself in the Pharaoh's arms, cuddling against him. With one last warm gaze at him, the boy promptly fell asleep.

Yami carefully put his arms about the boy, drawing the boy against himself. He gently nuzzled the boy's head, and took a deep breath. The boy smelled like the earth after rainfall. So Fresh... Fragrant... Refreshing... Alive...

His gaze travelled down the petite form, admiring the gentle curves. The strange garb confused him. Where was the boy from? Who was he? The boy's blue and black outfit fitted his form like a second skin. Very glossy and revealing. Yes, Yami liked it very much. The boy was laden with gold silver and bronze ornaments drawing attention to his stunning figure.

:Seth...: he called mentally using his millennium puzzle.

:Yes, my Pharaoh?: answered the Priest, wondering at the Yami's trancelike voice.

:Would you please come to my chamber. There is something you must see. Please hurry.: he said in a mental whisper.

He felt alarm wash over the Priest. He laughed across the temporary mind link.

:Seth... there is no need for concern... there is no danger...: he chided gently.

Yami felt the Priest's apprehension lessen.

:I'll be there in a moment, Your Highness...: said the Sorcerer severing the mind link.

~Good...~ thought Yami, the morning's troubles forgotten in the sweet scent of the boy in his arms. ~I want you to meet my beautiful angel...~

====================================================

Review Please... Will be continued depending on responses.

====================================================