Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Painful Memories ❯ Enter Seth ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh!

Eventual Y/YY

Set in Kemet (Ancient Egypt)

====================================================

~Yami's thoughts~

<Seth's thoughts>

:Temporary mind links:

====================================================

Chapter 3

*******Recap*************************************************** *****

:Seth...: he called mentally using his millennium puzzle.

:Yes, my Pharaoh?: answered the Priest, wondering at the Yami's trancelike voice.

:Would you please come to my chamber. There is something you must see. Please hurry.: he said in a mental whisper.

He felt alarm wash over the Priest. He laughed across the temporary mind link.

:Seth... there is no need for concern... there is no danger...: he chided gently.

Yami felt the Priest's apprehension lessen.

:I'll be there in a moment, Your Highness...: said the Sorcerer severing the mind link.

~Good...~ thought Yami, the morning's troubles forgotten in the sweet scent of the boy in his arms. ~I want you to meet my beautiful angel...~

*******End Recap****************************************************

As requested, the blue-eyed brunette hurried down the hallways to the forbidden confines - the Pharaoh's private wing. None, except him and a few trusted slaves, were permitted anywhere near this part of the palace. Even then, those individuals were bespelled by the Pharaoh himself never to be able to reveal what they may see within, which included Seth himself.

<A wise precaution>, the brunette sorcerer often thought.

Not that he was likely to ever reveal his dear cousin's secrets, ensorcelled or otherwise. It piqued his interest to wonder what exactly it was that the Pharaoh wished to show him this time. He remembered the last time he had been called in a similar fashion... his concern was well-founded. A vivid memory of a silver-maned willowy form standing over the Pharaoh's gasping form came to his mind. The youth's eyes gleamed maniacally as he held a dagger to the Pharaoh's throat, ready to slit it open without the least bit of regret. The Sorcerer felt a cold shudder course up his spine.

<"There is no need for concern", he says. Hmph. That's what he said the last time. "There is no danger". Well little cousin, you'd better be right.>

The harried sorcerer hurried down the torch lit corridors, every now and then spotting a shadow creature on patrol. This part of the palace was very well guarded against intruders, and only a fool would dare trespass here. Seth often worried for his little brother's safety when wandering these regions. Although the Pharaoh had granted safe passage for the High Priest and his mischievous little brother, it was not unknown for a shadow creature to defy its master's orders.

Spying the entrance to the Pharaoh's bedchamber, the brunette released the metaphorical breath he had been holding.

<Well at least there's no blood and screaming, and nothing seems to be amiss.>

He took in a deep actual breath to compose himself, and then, with simulated calm, he gracefully crossed the doorway. He took just two steps into the room when his serene confident demeanour shattered to pieces. His eyes bulged and his jaw dropped open at the sight before him. Cradled in the Pharaoh's arms lay what seemed to be a porcelain doll replica of the Pharaoh himself.

"HOLY SHIT!!! PHARAOH, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!" screamed the hysterical priest. "I DON'T LIKE THOSE COUNCIL OF BAFOONS ANY MORE THAN YOU DO, BUT YOU DO NOT SEE ME CREATING A VIRTUAL DOUBLE OF MYSELF!!! IT IS NOT THE WISEST THING TO DO YOU KNOW!!!"

"Seth! Quiet!", hissed Yami. "You'll wake him up!"

But the warning came a bit too late as a pair of innocent amethyst orbs flickered open at the noise. Like the Pharaoh before, the Priest's throat too had dried up. He realized his mistake.

"You didn't make him, did you? He's not you is he?" whispered the High Priest staring at the gorgeous porcelain miniature. "Who is he?"

That seemed to snap the ruby-eyed youth from his dreamlike state.

~Who is this child?~ he wondered. ~How did he find his way into the heart of the forbidden wing? Why didn't his Shadow guardians detect the boy's presence?~

The amethyst-eyed boy pawed gently tapped on Yami's shoulder, trying to get his attention.

Yami flicked his gaze down at him and noticed the confusion in the sleep-hazed eyes.

~And... why?... why does he look like me?~

"I don't know Seth..." whispered Yami softly, cupping the boy's face in his hands.

"YOU- YOU DON'T KNOW!" spluttered the brunette. He took another breath to compose himself. "Someone invaded you're private sanctuary AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHO IT IS? AND OF ALL THE THINGS IN HEAVEN AND EARTH THAT YOU COULD BE DOING, YOU ARE CUDDLING HIM? ARE YOU INSANE!!! WHAT IF HE IS A AN ENEMY SPY-"

"SETH!" hissed the Pharaoh. "Hold your tongue the boy means us no harm. You are frightening him."

"But my Pharaoh!" cried Seth.

"Remember yourself Priest! You are in the presence of the Pharaoh. Mind your speech."

The Priest looked down, abashed and crestfallen. "Forgive me Your Majesty... I- I only wished to protect you..."

The Pharaoh's face softened into a smile, "I know Seth. Believe me I know what I am doing."

"Very well..." he sighed. "You are the Pharaoh. You do what you will. But please let me remain to protect you. Just in case."

"Thank you, Seth." whispered Yami.

The Priest took two steps away and stood as if poised for combat, physical or magical, his cobalt eyes trained on the mystery child.

The Pharaoh smiled at the not-quite-veiled helpless look in the cerulean eyes.

"Pharaoh Yami..." came a melodic childlike voice.

Shooting a warning look at the Priest, Yami turned towards the lavender-eyed boy.

"Who are you little one? Where are you from?" he whispered softly.

"x xxxx xxxxxxxxxx." murmured the boy, looking frustrated.

====================================================

Note:

x xxxx xxxxxxxxxx: I don't understand. (Japanese)

Next chapter is coming up really soon.

Sorry guys, I don't know any Japanese. I would be really grateful if someone would please mail me the Japanese translation.

====================================================

To all you reviewers:

Thanks for all your reviews. They were really encouraging although I cannot read them right now. You see, there is something wrong with my internet explorer, it does not show me updated webpages. I have read your reviews my school computers. Usually I thank my reviewers individually for their reviews and answer their questions. I will do so as soon as I get access to an outside computer.

However, I do remember one question from you guys.

Yep, Yami is not the Pharaoh's secret name. I'm getting to it and it's not what you think. (Definitely not ATEMU. shudder)

I know my story is progressing really slowly, but I never publish anything until I am totally satisfied with the result or in case I want to make alterations. Anyways, keep those reviews coming. I'll be sure to read them when I get the chance.

Also if any of you guys know what's wrong with my computer, please mail me. This is really frustrating!!!

====================================================