Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Flowers ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello everyone! Its just me with the new story which I hope you like. Even though I didn’t get a lot of reviews on my last story, that won’t stop me from updating my stories, just to let you know, but I do like to see compliments on how its going though.

But enough about that. Let start with this new story!

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Prologue

It’s late at night and somewhere in the lower area of the city, where the bright lights never seem to reach and the light posts seemed out dated and rusted through the years. All, but one window, showed any signs that people live in this area.

“YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!!” Shouted a man through the lightened window at the fifth floor of an apartment building. “GET UP YOU BITCH!!” He shouted again as he grabbed a fistful of tri-colored hair and punched the form that was trying to get up. “You… worthless…” He was about to continue with his round, but instead walked past the beaten form and went into, what looks like, his bedroom.

The figure stayed completely still until the man closed the door. The figure painfully struggled up get up from the ground and limped to the kitchen. The figure, mentioned earlier, has tri-colored hair of black, red, and golden-yellow, which stood upward, creating a star-like style. He moved one of his lighting bolt-like bangs away from his face, showing his crimson eyes, which showed pain and exhaustion from the beating. He walked over to the sink and turned the faucet on, cupped his tanned hands and splashed the cool water on his face. He then reached for a cloth and placed it under the streaming water before placing it over his shoulder where the bruise was starting to form.

“Damn.” He said under his breath as he limped over and laid down on a torn pillow-like mattress in, what suppose to be, a living room. He took a deep breath, but ended up coughing. He looked up at the clock, which read 2:03 a.m. and slowly went to sleep.

~~Dawn~~

The sun barely rose up from the horizon when he woke up. He forced himself up, ignoring the soreness of his beaten body, and walked slowly to the exiting door, so that he doesn’t wake up the sleeping man, but unfortunately, the man appeared. The man’s eyes were black like coal and were blood shot, his hair was as gray as rain clouds and was messy.

“You going to the store on the way back, Yami?” He said leaning against the doorframe. The scent of alcohol was strong and everything about him screamed of a drug dealer.

“Depends.” Yami said, standing his ground.

“Out of the ‘good stuff’.” The man said watching Yami as if the predator is ready to strike on his prey.

“Don’t have enough money for that crap.” Yami said glaring at the man.

The man’s face changed from drossy to furious.

“Besides,” Yami continued, knowing that the man can’t do anything to him this early. “I have to be somewhere.” He walked out and closed the door, which was followed by a beer bottle crashing on the door and cursing. He sighed as he carefully walked down the hallway, which needed to be fixed.

The walls either has paint coming off or a huge hole in it. As he walked out of the apartment building, he walked up the street until a bus sign was visible. The pole was slightly bent and there was graffiti writings on the brick wall of other buildings and cigarette butts all over the ground. He leaned against the pole and waited.

His thoughts leaving reality and into his own world. He thought of himself surrounded by darkness and wondered what death was like.

The sound of the bus coming brought him back out of his thoughts and walked in, though, it was more like a dump site with graffiti, trash, dirt, cig butts, and used meds scattered around.

It was a long ride to his destination, but when he reached to his stop, he walked behind the building and entered through one of the doors.

The building happened to be a school, but class didn’t start in two hours, so, he walked down till he reached the stairs which brought him up a few flights and headed to the roof top level. He leaned against the wall and brought out a small black book with red pages, and on the pages were gold inked writings. He took out his pen that had a small charm that looks like the Eye of Horus and began to write.

‘Journal,

You probably know the story by now. My step-father came back, drunk as usual, and starts beating me up until the aftermath catches on. It wasn’t too bad, but it wasn’t pleasant either, since he’s out later than usual, but that just leaves me with more time to myself. Today is also the new school year, I’m now a junior. I know some dread the day, but it’s the only escape I have from the apartment. You think I enjoyed staying in a run-down living all summer? But there is another way, but I made a promise to myself, and to her. But the thought of it is tempting, just the thought of death is starting to sound tempting.’

He stopped writing and closed the book.

The bell rang, which was actually a test run for the school year before the students arrived.

He took a deep breath as he looked out into the horizon.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

What do you think? R&R please. **musters the puppy eyes the best as possible**