Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Flowers ❯ First Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I just can’t help it. Whenever I finished typing a chapter, I want to continue, well… yeah… so, enjoy.

“Speaking”

‘Thinking’

~Time~

*Place*

-*Flashback*-

(A/N: And by the way, I don’t own YGO, which sucks T_T)

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Ch.1: First Day

Around two in the afternoon, the school looks undisturbed and quiet. When the bell rang however, the students burst through the doors and ran out of the building.

“Oh Yami!” A girls voice called out from the crowd.

Yami was walking down the hall and growled when he heard the voice.

“Yami! Hey wait up!” The girl whined as he continued to walk down the hallway.

‘Just keep moving and she’ll go home like she’s suppose to.’ Yami thought as he reached closer to the boy’s locker room.

“YAMI! SLOW DOWN!!” The girl yelled, grabbing some attention to the small amount of students who were still in the building.

‘As if.’ He thought as he went inside the boy’s locker room. ‘Safe.’ He smiled as he heard the girl pout and moved down the hall. “Finally. Damn she’s annoying.” He said as he walked over to his locker.

When he went to the corner, he saw a red bulb sticking out of the locker. As he went closer, the red object was on his locker and the object was a paper flower of a carination. He noticed that there was a note attached to the stem and began to read.

Hi,

I hope Tea didn’t ruin your first day of school.

-Watching Angel.’

‘How did this person know?’ He thought as he racked his mind on the earlier events.

-*Flashback*-

He went inside his first class, which was world history, and picked a seat at the front.

“Who’s the huck?” He heard a girl whisper but pretended not to listen.

“I don’t know, but he is a hottie.”

“Does he look foreign to you?”

“Yeah, he does.”

“A hot foreign student.”

He heard giggles from behind but continued to pretend.

“Hi.” Said a girl who was right in front of him. “I’m Tea, what’s yours?” She said trying to get him to look at her.

Yami kept silent and looked at the tiled floor.

“Uh, hello? I’m asking you a question.” Tea said sounding annoyed.

“TAKE YOUR SEAT MISSY!” The female teacher shouted, nearly giving everyone a heart attack.

Tea gave out an ‘eep and quickly went to her desk four rows and three seats back away form Yami.

He looked up at the teacher and mouthed his thanks, which in return the teacher gave him a small quick smile then turned her attention to her class.

“Alright! I know you came back from a well relaxed vacation, but now we’re in a new year and I don’t want to start off a day with a bunch of smart asses,” She said then looked over at Tea. “Or any wannabe flirts in my class. GOT IT!!”

“Yes ma’me!” The students said with a bit of nervousness in their tone, except Yami, who respected the way she disciplines the class and making sure that the Tea girl will leave him alone.

~Lunch Period~

“Period 1 is world history with Mrs. Gib. Period 2 is algebra with Mr. Ozzi…” Yami thought as Tea was chatting away.

“And I love to dance, do you know how to dance? If you don’t I’ll teach you.” She jabbed.

‘Would someone, anyone, just shut her up!’ He thought, about ready to snap.

As if on cue, someone tripped and all the food that was on the tray fell on her lap. She let out a rally of complaints to the person.

‘Now’s my chance.’ He thought as he snuck into the crowd and headed towards the library. ‘Finally, some peace and quiet.’ He walked into the cool room, unaware that somewhere in the shadows, someone was watching him from behind the bookcase, as he sat down in on of the tables there. He smiled as he laid his head down and closed his eyes then fell asleep.

~15 minutes later~

“Um, excuse me.” A quiet voice said shaking Yami by the shoulder.

Yami groaned as he slowly woke up.

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah, just tired.” He said rubbing his eyes.

“Well, the bell rang, so you know.” The voice said shyly.

Yami looked up, at first he didn’t believe his eyes because he saw someone that looked like him. But there was also a few differences, the other’s hair didn’t have blonde bangs sticking up with the black-red spikes like his. He has tan skin while the other almost looked like alabaster, and the other looked a bit shorter then him by a couple inches. But what caught his attention the most were the other’s eyes, wide and pure of innocence with the color of amethyst. It took him a moment to snap back to reality.

“Oh thanks, …” He said a bit awkward not asking about the other boy’s name.

“It’s Yugi.” The boy quietly said.

“Yugi.” Yami echoed seeing that he got the name right.

Yugi nodded and semi-turned to leave. “I have to get to class now. I hope we meet again.” He said quietly.

Yami smiled and nodded. “Same here.” He said.

Yugi smiled and said. “See you around then.” He quickly ran out of the library and into the moving crowd.

‘He may look like me, but there’s something about him I like.’ Yami thought as he checked his watch, which made his eyes widen. “Oh shit!” He said as he grabbed his bag and quickly got out of the library as if he was on fire. He turned the corner and reached his destination and went in.

“Hi Yami-kun.” Tea said waving her hand up in the air.

‘You. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me.’ He thought as he forced himself to sit in the only available seat, which unfortunately, was right in front of her. ‘Did I do something wrong to deserve this torment.’ He ignored the poking motions on his shoulder.

“Miss Gardener. There will be no disruption to the student body in this class. Do you understand?” The male teacher said with a high authority.

“Yes sir.” She said sinking back to her seat.

‘She annoys me and I get her in trouble. I guess it isn’t too bad.’ Yami thought. ‘If I continue to ignore her, she would probably get sent home for the rest of the day or all day detention. Either way, she would learn the hard way.’

~*End of Flashbacks*~

“I wonder who would leave a paper flower at my locker?” He said examining the red carination looking flower. He smiled as he walked out the locker room with the flower in hand. ‘Whoever it was, it’s kind enough to know how my day was.’ He walked out of the building, smiling contently.

From inside the building, the same figure from the library watched Yami walk away with the flower in hand. It smiled happily as it went the other way.

*Apartment*

‘Journal,

I survived my first day of school, which isn’t so bad, if you rule out an annoying girl who doesn’t know ‘leave me alone’, even if it hit her. Though I did meet this guy named Yugi, who looks somewhat like me, with some differences. He is really kind and sort of shy, I could say he’s cute, but not because I’m gay or anything, there’s just no other word to describe him.’

He stopped writing as he heard slow footsteps coming up to the door. He sighed and put the book underneath the mattress and sat on the couch and waited.

The door opens with his step-father coming in.

‘Here we go, again.’ He thought as the first punch was thrown at him.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

How was it? Do you know who it is? Guess you’ll find out soon won’t you? Please R&R, even a simple ‘it’s good’ or ‘nice’ would consider a review.