Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Flowers ❯ Offer ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Happy Belated Halloween! To those who reviewed, thank you so much! *throws candy in the air*

Joey: Ya have been eatn’ the suga haven’t cha?

Me: What do you expect from trick-or-treating?

Joey: Enjoy da fic. And she doesn’t own Yu-Gi-Oh. Much to her dismay.

Me: … Shut up… T-T

“Speaking”

‘Thinking’

~Time~

*Place *

********************

Ch.2: Offer

~2 weeks later~

The bus came up to the school building and Yami walked out of it and headed towards the school gates. He limped a little, but could easily fool a passerby that he was fine. But on the left side of his eye was a huge black eye, which caught attention who ever got a glimpse. But none of this bothered him as he continued to walk down the hallway.

“Oh! Oh! Yami!” Tea shouted.

‘Somebody please shoot me like a dog and end it all!’ He thought as he tried to walk a bit faster.

Tea was getting closer to him until he bumped into someone.

“Oh sorry! I didn’t look where I was going and…” He said as he looked up to see Yugi.

“It’s alright, I wasn’t looking either.” Yugi said with a smile as he got up and held out his hand to Yami, who took it without hesitation, but felt a strange sense of warmth. “Are you o.k.?” He asked with concern in his voice.

Yami figured that he meant the black eye and thought up a lie. “Oh this!” He said pointing his bruised eye. “Yeah, just tripped, that’s all.” He hoped the other would take his lie.

Yugi didn’t look convinced, but smiled and let it slide for now. “I forgot to ask you what your name is.” He said.

“Yami.” He said.

“That’s a cool name.” Yugi commented.

Yami shrugged thinking that it’s just a name, but he did think that the other’s name fit him perfectly.

“Which class do you have first?” Yugi asked.

“World History.” Yami said then asked. “And you?”

“Geometry.” Yugi responded.

Then the bell rang, signaling for the students to get to their class.

“Speaking of classes, I better get to mine.” Yugi said, but didn’t move. “So, I’ll see you around?”

Yami smiled and nodded. “Of course.” He said and watched the other ran off with a few waves of his small hand. ‘Well that certainly brighten my morning.’ He thought as he headed towards his class.

~Lunch Period~

He had been successful at getting away from Tea all day and wanted to continue to do so. He went to the library, knowing that you have to be quiet and not chat too much, which Tea lacked in both categories. He looked around and saw Yugi, sitting down with books and papers. He walked over to the table that the other is using. “Hey Yugi.” He said catching the teen’s attention.

Yugi looked up and smiled warmly. “Hey Yami.” He said mentioning a chair for him to sit. “What’s up?”

“Nothing much really. But I did get away from that girl who doesn’t have a clue that I have no interest in her.” Yami said, making the other giggle. “And yourself?”

“Nothing much, just trying to get my work done so I don’t have to worry about it.” Yugi said.

“I’m not bothering you am I? If you want I’ll leave…” Yami was about to say until Yugi cut him off.

“No, no. You’re not bothering me.” He said as he looked at his paper. “But I am stuck on this riddle.”

“Let’s hear it.” Yami said as Yugi looked at the piece of paper.

“What has four legs in the morning, three in the afternoon, and two in the evening.” He said.

“That’s easy.” Yami said.

Yugi looked up in confusion. “It is?”

Yami said. “It’s man.” He said.

“You’re sure that’s the answer?” Yugi asked.

“May lighting strike me if I got it wrong.” Yami said.

“How about Tea.” Yugi said making the other laugh.

“That’s an even better way!” Yami said.

“May I ask you something?” Yugi said.

“Sure.” Yami said.

“Are you doing anything on Saturday?” Yugi said, a faint blush tainted his cheeks.

Yami thought and smiled. “No, why?”

“W-Well, I thought you might want to go to a sleepover at my place this Saturday.” Yugi said, making unique patterns on the table. “So, would you come?”

Yami thought, before he could answer, the bell rang out.

Yugi eeped and quickly tried to gather his papers together. Yami helped out with the other papers. When he reached for the last piece, his hand was on top of the other’s petite ones and felt the surge of warmth from this morning.

“Oh sorry.” He said as he withdrew his hand and looked up at Yugi, who didn’t seem to mind.

“That’s o.k.” Yugi said as he picked up the last piece of paper. “Thanks.”

“No problem.” Yami said as he handed his pile of paper to Yugi.

They both went silent, then the warning bell rang out.

“I better get to class then.” Yugi said as he put his stuff in his bag and walked towards the exit.

“Yugi.” Yami said, following the other and opened the door for him. “The answer to your question. I’ll let you know tomorrow.”

Yugi smiled and thanked him as he walked out of the library. “So, see you tomorrow?”

“Same time and place.” Yami said, winking.

Yugi blushed and with a quick wave he ran as fast as his legs could carry him.

Yami took a moment to look at the teen, then he walked towards his next class, not caring if he was late.

~After school~

Yami walked really quickly to the boy’s locker room as Tea tried to catch up with him. ‘Why can’t this crazy bitch get a clue already!’ He thought as he quickly grabbed the handle and opened the door and entered the locker room. ‘Is it always going to be this like this for the rest of the year!?’ He walked to his locker and to his amazement, there was a paper flower on just like a couple weeks ago. He took the flower, which looked liked a white daisy, and read the note on it.

‘Hi me again,

I hope your couple weeks in school was a lot better than the first day.

-Watching Angel.’

He smiled as he twirled the paper flower around. “I did have a better day then the other day.” He said to himself. ‘I guess hiding from that crazy bitch isn’t going to be so bad.’ He thought as he walked out of the locker room, after making sure the coast is clear.

From the shadows, a small figure appeared. The figure’s posture was both cautious and shy as it peered around the wall, watching Yami walking out the front door. The figure flushed as it went the other way.

*Apartment*

‘Journal,

I got to see Yugi again, twice actually. One for bumping into him this morning and the second time in the library. He asked me over to a sleepover at his house, but I’m not sure wether I would go or not.’

Yami paused on his page when he recognized the slow footsteps.

~Around 1o’ clock~

Yami placed an ice pack on his side, which he hissed at the contact. He grabbed the book and pen and started to write.

‘Journal,

Sorry for the pause, the bastard came home early. And while he was beating me up, I was thinking about Yugi’s offer, and you know what? I wouldn’t mind having a break from the beatings, thought I might get more beatings for it, but damn it all, I’m going to take the risk.’

He closed the book and placed it underneath the mattress and felt around the floor until he lifted a piece of wood form the floor. He reached for his bag and dug out the paper flower and placed it next to the other flower that was in there. He then closed it and laid down and fell into a deep sleep.

********************

I hope you like this story so far.

Joey: Other wise she’d gotta tear ya to pieces.

Me: WOULD NOT!

Joey: *laughing*

Seto: There you are mutt!

Joey: Seto! *hugs him*

Me: Get a room. R&R please.