Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Flowers ❯ Mother ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yay! I got a lot of reviews! *dances around* Thank you everyone!

Bakura: Sugar again.

Marik: Yep.

How did you guys get in here?

B&M: Back door.

… Any way. Here’s a new chapter, hope you like it.

*********************

Ch.3: Mother

Yami is around five years old and was playing in a small garden until a woman called him.

“Yami! Time for dinner!”

The little Yami smiled and ran as quick as his legs could carry. The woman bent down and opened her arms as Yami went up to her and embraced each other.

Yami looked up into the woman’s calm and warm brown eyes. “Hi Mommy.” He said.

“Hello my crazy child.” His mother said in a kind voice with a bit of a laugh.

Yami laughed as well and closed his eyes.

When he opened them, he was sitting in a plane and he was around seven years old. He looked up to his mother, questions in his mind. “Mommy, why are we on the plane?” He asked.

His mother looked at him and smiled. “We’re going to our new home.” She said.

“Where’s that?” He asked.

“In Japan.” She said as she looked at her book.

“Where’s that?” He asked making his mother giggle.

“It’s a long way crazy child.” She said.

The plane started to move, making Yami grab hold of his mother’s arm.

“Don’t worry Yami, the plane is just getting ready to take off.” His mother said in a claming tone.

He was reassured a little, but still held onto her arm.

When the plane was picking up speed, Yami closed his eyes tightly.

When he opened them again, he was on a bed in a small room. The sun shone brightly through the small window.

He got up and stretched his limbs. He went over to the door and opened it and went down a small hallway to the kitchen. “Mom?” He said, rubbing away the sleep from his eyes. “Mom?” He looked around and saw a small pink note on the fridge door. He grabbed the note and looked over.

‘Dear Yami,

I’m sorry that I’m not here right now. But I promise that I will take you to the amusement park you talked about so much. Well, see you at 6 or 8, food is in the fridge, all you have to do is warm it up and happy 10th birthday.

Love,

Mom.’

He smiled a little as he walked back into his room and got dressed in a plain white shirt and blue pants. ‘Mom is going to be out late again because of that stupid job she has.’ He thought sadly. ‘Why did she have to be a show performer?’ He kicked a plush ball to the door and sat down on the couch. He turned on the television, but found nothing to interest him and turned it off. He went out on the fire escape and watched the slow actions of the people below. He went back inside and went over to the bookshelf and took out and album. He looked at the pictures of him when he was a baby with his mom, smiling. ‘I miss her smile.’ He thought as he turned a few pages. He came to the part where he and his mother got the apartment, that was the day that he and his mother started to drift apart. “I wish we were back home.” He said as tears streamed down his face. “At least her job there didn’t keep her the way it’s doing now.” He placed the album aside and cried.

Then he looked up, he was in a different room. The screams and yelling can be heard and he had to cover his ears to drown out the hurtful sounds that are coming from the other room.

“You fucking bitch! What the hell do you want from me!” A man shouted.

“I want you out of here and out of my life!” His mother shouted back.

“Well guess what, I’m not going anywhere as long as I got this ring!” The man said.

“There’s the thing called divorce!” She shouted.

“Not on my watch you whore!”

‘Please stop shouting.’ Yami thought as he pressed his ears a bit more and tears came down quickly.

Then there was silence.

He opened his eyes and got up from the corner that he had to fall asleep on, since those two had been fighting all night. He walked into the kitchen, where he saw the mess, papers, rags, food, dishes, and pillow stuffing all around the ground. He started to pick up the non-sharp objects, when he noticed a small envelope that was addressed to him. He opened the envelope and read the note that was in there.

‘Yami,

I know I haven’t been the best mother since we moved here, five years ago, and I know I messed up on a lot of things. But remember this, I always loved you, since the day you were born. You were the only strength I have when your real father left. And even though I broke a lot of my promises, I want you to promise me this. Promise me that you won’t go down the path I taken and that you will continue to live your life

And also find someone who truly loves you for you, not for your looks or body like your step-father, even if it’s a boy. I’m sorry that I won’t be around to see you grow into a handsome young man. Good-bye.

Love always,

Mom.’

‘What does she mean?” He thought when he read over the note again, but still didn’t get it. He put the note in his pocket and continued to clean up the mess.

~2 hours later~

His step-father came in and walked into the bedroom, where he locked himself in. He was strolling through the channels until he noticed a head line on a news channel.

“We’re here live with the tragic news. Witnesses say they saw a woman on the edge of a twenty-story building, attempting to jump. The police tried to convince the woman to calm down, but the woman had a gun and shot herself as her body fell from the buildings edge.” The reporter said as they showed a footage from one of the witnesses from the ground and followed the body to the man-made tile pond, where it landed.

His knees gave way and fell to the ground when he recognized the woman’s life-less body, who was his mother.

“When we came up to talk to her, she pointed the gun at her head and said, ‘I’m sorry, my wild child.’ And just shoot herself.” The police man said.

He didn’t know what to do, then he remembered the note that his mother left. He looked at the crumpled with bewilderment. ‘This can’t be real…’ He thought as tears started to form. ‘It just can’t be real.’ He broke down there and continued to stay that way till he fell asleep.

Yami, the grown one, woke up, noting that he’d been crying in his sleep. He looked up at the clock, which read 4:50 a.m., and decided to get up. It took him awhile to stand straight up, thanks to the beatings. He slowly walked over to his school bag, picked it up, and walked over to the door.

He walked over to the bus stop and waited. His mind began to wander as he waited. He remembered the day they moved here. His mother was a star at a local bar not far from the apartment. It was how he got his step-father in the first place.

The man used to work for a company, and decided to hit the bar for a drink one night. That’s where the trouble started. Before he knew what was going on, his mother announced her engagement to him. At first, he opposed the idea, but kept it inside. And for awhile, before and after they got married, he somewhat liked the guy. But when the company became bankrupt, he began drinking and his mother worked twice as long. After his mother’s suicide attempt, his step-father found a job with drug dealers and started to beat him up.

“Hey kid!” A voice called out making the teen snap back to reality. “You comn’ or what?” The impatient bus driver said.

Yami stepped inside and made himself comfortable on one of the seats. He looked out the window and saw the bar, which is now boarded up, that started his misery. ‘Why?’ He thought as the bus drove on.

*********************

Okay that’s the end of this chapter.

Bakura: No duh.

Marik: Diddo.

Would you two get out of here now!

B&M: Why should we?

Lisa! A little help here!

B&M: Oh shit! *leaves*

*shrugs* R&R everyone, please.