Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Flowers ❯ Weakening Strength ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello everyone! I get a day off of school, so that means I get to put up my story more often.

Joey: Yeah, but it also mean dat you’d have a lotta homework to do.

How did you get in here!

Joey: Back door.

… Lets get on with the chapter. Do it.

Joey: Why me?

From now on, anyone who comes in here has to do the announcer.

Joey: … YGO Cupid does not own Yu-Gi-Oh, much to her dislike, and enjoy.

*******************

Ch. 4: Weakening Strength

The bell rang out it’s morning chime as the students rushed to their classes.

“Yami.” Mrs. Gib said as Yami was waking up from his brief nap. “Yami, is there something wrong?”

“No, I’m just a little tired from staying up a bit, that’s all.” Yami lied.

Mrs. Gib looked at him suspiciously, but left the conversation there.

Yami didn’t feel well at all. He ached all over, tired, and hasn’t eaten much since the first day of school. For each class, he either was spacing out or asleep during a lecture. The teachers were either suspicious or worried about his behavior.

*Per. 4: Algebra 2*

“Yami go to the nurse, now, you don’t look well.” His teacher whispered as he took the pass and gathered his stuff. As he walked down the hallway, he forced himself to stay awake, but he felt as though he’s going to collapsed.

“Yami?” He heard someone behind him, but before he had a chance to know who, he collapsed and went incautious.

The person caught the teen before he hit the ground. The person was Yugi and he looked down at the other worriedly. He didn’t know what he was going to do, so he struggled to keep the incautious teen upward and struggled even more walking to the nurse’s office. As he walked, he felt something warm and wet going down his neck. He lifted Yami up a bit and saw tears coming down his cheeks. “Yami.” Yugi quietly said, sadness and worry in his tone. He then started to hum quietly for no particular reason. He felt the other nuzzling his neck, which made him blush, but smiled and continued to hum thinking that it was the cause to the sudden change until they reached to the nurse’s office.

~15 min. after school~

Yami woke up, feeling completely rested, but also slightly confused. He looked around at his surroundings and realized he was in the nurse’s office.

“Hey there sleepy head.” A voice said which made him look around towards the doorway to see Yugi standing there.

“Yugi? What are you doing here?” Yami asked.

Yugi smiled as he explained. “Well, first off, you could thank me for getting you to the nurse’s office, other wise you’d be snoozing in the hallway. Second, I’m here because I asked all your teachers about your homework you have for tonight, and to check up on you.”

Yami just stared at the other in bewilderment. “You did all that, to help me?” He asked.

“Well, yeah.” Yugi said as he sat down in a chair close by.

“But, why?” Yami asked, not understanding how someone could be so helpful.

“What was I suppose to do when you collapsed on me all of a sudden?”

Yami didn’t know what to say, and after a brief moment of silence, he finally said. “Thank-you.”

Yugi gave him a cheerful smile. “No problem.” He said then added. “Oh, and by the way, I went by your locker to see if there was anything that you might need and I found this.” He dug into his backpack and took out a paper flower that looks like lavender.

Yami took the flower and thanked the other again.

“I better get home or Grandpa will kill me.” Yugi joked as he started to walk out but stopped and turned around. “So, you think you could come over on Saturday?” He asked.

Yami looked thoughtful at the moment. ‘Tomorrow’s Friday and that drunk bastard is usually with his ‘buddies’ till Monday.’ “I could come over tomorrow, maybe the whole weekend, if it’s alright…”

“No, not a problem.” Yugi responded. “But I have to talk to Grandpa about it.”

“So, I’ll see you tomorrow then.” Yami said with a small smile of content grazed his face.

“Yep.” Yugi said, but then looked worried. “Do you need help getting home?”

“No. I’ll be fine.” Yami said with a chuckle as he got up from the bed. “Besides, you helped me out enough for today.”

“If you say so.” Yugi said, worriedly.

Yami smiled and walked to the other and placed a hand on the small teen’s shoulder. “Don’t worry about me, I could handle things fine on my own.” He said quietly. “And besides, didn’t you say that your grandpa is going to kill you if you stay after school too long.”

Yugi blushed a bit but nodded as they exited the nurse’s office.

Yami headed on way and Yugi another.

“See you tomorrow.” Yami called.

“O.K.!” Yugi called back as they went their separate ways for now.

*Apartment*

Yami cautiously and quietly walked into the apartment room, since his step-father is usually dead asleep on Thursday. He walked to his make-shift bed and sat down and opened his bag and took out the flower and note, which read:

‘Hey Yami,

Heard that you were in the nurse’s office, so I thought I would give you this flower as a ‘get well’ gift.

-Watching Angel’

Yami smiled as he looked at the flower. His smile then faded when he thought about the time back when he was really little, when he used to pick wild flowers and giving them to his mother, no matter what mood she’s in.

“Thank-you Yami.” His mother would usually say as she took a sniff of the flower.

“You’re welcome Mommy.” He used to say.

He frowned at the memory and turned to lay down on his side. ‘If I knew things would end up like this,’ He thought as frustration rised in his chest and was forcing back tears that were trying to fall. ‘Things happen for a reason they say. What good would come out of this nightmare.’ He looked at the flower again and remembered what happened at school and smiled a little. ‘My life became a living hell since she married him and then I go to school to meet someone who looks like me, but is so kind and helpful and… cute.’ He blushed at that last thought, but continued to think. ‘Not only that, but this ‘Watching Angel’ person came along, giving me these paper flowers.’ He sighed and closed his eyes. ‘Something strange is going on here, but I like the fact that I know someone cared.’ He thought as the image of Yugi smiling came to mind and, for some reason, his heart began to beat a bit quicker. ‘Speaking of strange…’ But before he could think more on the topic, his step-father came out.

“You in here Yami!” He called.

“Yeah.” Yami called back as he quickly put the flower back in his bag.

The man came in the room and lazily looked at Yami. “Did you bring back the stuff.” He said.

“No.” Yami said calmly.

The man seemed to grow angry at this response. “And why not.” He growled.

“Because we don’t have the money for that crap and the place is closed down for two days.” Yami explained.

The man was red in the face as he clumsily walked up to Yami, who showed no sign of being scared. He grabbed the front of his shirt and force him to his face. “Don’t you dare talk to me like that you little son-of-a-bitch.” He said panting as if he ran a marathon.

“The next time you want to talk about something unimportant, take a breath mint. Your breath smells like ass.” Yami said.

That did it and the man punched Yami in the gut and dropped him back on the ground. “Had enough, bitch.” He sneered.

Yami coughed a bit then laughed.

The man frowned. “What’s so funny!” He shouted.

Yami looked up. “You.”

The man kicked sharply at his side. “What about me!?” He demanded.

Yami slowly got up and looked at his step-father. “You’re amusing because you think I let you beat the shit out of me for all these years for your amusement?”

The man didn’t move.

“When you said ‘Had enough, bitch’, I thought it was rather funny. Because I don’t have enough of it, but I had enough of you to hate for a lifetime.”

A rally of punches and kicks were thrown at him at full force.

Before the man was about to give Yami on huge blow to the face, when a knock on the door was heard.

“Hey! You in there?” A man said from the other side of the door.

The man growled and glared at Yami, who seemed limped. “Your off the hook now, but I’ll finish what I started.” He let go of Yami and left the room and joined the group of guys who were waiting outside.

Yami laid there on the floor for awhile. ‘Brilliant Yami.’ He thought as he struggled to get up. ‘You’re a real genius by being a smartass to a man who would easily kill you.’ He winced at his sore, beaten, and bruised body. He crawled to the kitchen and leaned against the low cabinets and took a few deep breaths as he got up, slowly. He was about to reach for an ice pack, but thought it wouldn’t help much and struggled to walk. ‘A cold bath might prove more effective than an ice pack.’

********************

That’s it for this chapter.

Joey: So please R&R, or else she would crack.

I would not!

Joey: Like your last story.

… Out… now…

Joey: I’m just sa…

I SAID OUT!!!

Joey: O.K. Don’t get so moody.

R&R Please.