Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Flowers ❯ Festival ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey everyone!
 
Bakura: Yo.
 
I think we're almost done with this fic.
 
Bakura: You think.
 
What's wrong with you?
 
Bakura: Nothing.
 
… You read the next chapter didn't you?
 
Bakura: …
 
What's wrong with it?
 
Bakura: It's sappy to me.
 
Well you're not a hopeless romantic, are ya.
 
Bakura: Damn glad of that.
 
*Marik comes in* Hey! What's happening?
 
Nothing much, you?
 
Marik: Oh nothing… But that I read through your reviews and saw that one of the readers is hooked onto your story and that your first fic has two votes.
 
… You read through my review mail.
 
Marik: Ahh…
 
Bakura: I think it's time to do the disclaimer, right Marik?
 
Marik: Ah, yeah.
 
M/B: YGO Cupid does not own the show or the characters, but she does own two fics that she's proud of.
 
Thank you guys.
 
Marik: So, I'm off the hook then?
 
God I'm such a nice person. Enjoy reading.
 
 
Ch. 14: Festival
 
We see the two sleeping on the couch (dressed in their pajamas, mind you).
 
Yami opened one eye lazily and opened the other eye. He took a moment to recollect his thoughts.
 
#Flashback#
He got out of his bed room, wearing black silk pajamas, and walked down to the living room, where he smelled the pizza and saw the other looking through the assortment of DVD's. He walked over quietly and bent down next to the teen, and waited till Yugi noticed he was there and yelped, which made him laugh.
 
“That's not funny!” Yugi called out.
 
Yami took a few deep breaths so he could respond to the other. “I know, but you could have seen the look on your face.” Yami managed to say until he was holding his sides and rolled onto the ground.
 
Yugi was both ticked and annoyed, but with a moment to calm down, he noticed that he never seen this side of the other teen before. `So this is the carefree side of him.' He thought with a smile. `He's been through a lot when he was younger. Now he's able to express himself, joke, laugh, all the things he couldn't do before.'
 
“Yugi! Earth to Yugi Mouto!” Yami said waving his hand in front of the other's face.
 
“Huh?” Yugi snapped back to reality.
 
“You were spacing out on me there.” Yami said.
 
“Oh, sorry about that. I was just thinking.” Yugi said.
 
“What were you thinking about?” Yami asked.
 
“About you, from when I first met you, to when I learned what you've been through, and right now.”
 
Yami sort of stared at the other. “What have I told you about thinking too much?”
 
“Never mind.” Yugi said as he looked over and saw `The Mummy'. “Want to see this one?”
 
“Looks interesting.”
 
Yugi shook his head and plopped the DVD in.
 
#End of Flashback#
`I guess we fell asleep while the movie played.' Yami thought as he stretched his arms over his head.
 
A small sound came from the small teen as he slowly waking up from sleepsville.
 
Yugi yawned cutely and rubbed his eye.
 
Yami watched in amusement as the other is trying to wake up completely. “Good morning sleepy head.” He said, making the sleepy dazed teen look up.
 
At first he was staring, but reality soon came in. “Oh, good morning.” Yugi said as his eyes grow wide. He was on top of the other. `Calm down, you nor him did anything except eat pizza and watched a movie.' He thought as he quickly recovered. “The Fall Festival is today!”
 
“And your point?” Yami said raising an eyebrow.
 
“That we're going and have a great time.”
 
“So, the movie, the amusement park, and the water park weren't enough?”
 
“Nope.” Yugi chirped as he got off of the other and the couch.
 
Yami groaned inside, not because of the other's response, but the other getting off of him. “So, when's this festival?” He asked as he got off the couch.
 
“6 p.m.” Yugi response from the kitchen.
 
“That late! Why did I bother getting up then?” Yami said as he plopped down on the chair.
 
Yugi shook his head and brought two pieces of bread. “Because I have some outfits that I need to see if they fit.”
 
Yami looked confused. “Explain?”
 
Yugi smiled. “The Fall Festival is sort of like a tradition.” He started to explain. “Each year, we celebrate this season for numerous reasons. But mostly the festival is like a holiday for people to chat, play games, just having a good time.”
 
Yami listened with interest, since the only thing he went outside of the low regions is when he's going to school. He never went to such events and places because his mother worked non-stop and his step-father was busy drug dealing and beating the crap out of him. “Sounds like a lot of fun.”
 
“It is.” Yugi said as he placed the plates down.
 
“This looks good.”
 
“Better then your cooking.”
 
“Don't you start with that with me.”
 
Yugi laughs.
 
~Couple hours later~
“Ahh” Yugi yelled as he ran into a cob web in the attic. “Get it off! Get it off!”
 
“Would you hold still!” Yami said and Yugi complied. He simply picked the cob webs off the other. “Better now.”
 
“Thanks and yes.” Yugi said as they headed towards the ancient-looking chest. He opened the chest and pulled out an ash grey top and black pants and a dark, pale purple top and dark grey pants.
 
“What are these?” Yami asked grabbing the gray top.
 
“There going to be our outfits for tonight.” Yugi said grabbing the purple top and grey pants.
 
“You're joking.”
 
“I don't joke.”
 
~Minutes later~
*Yami's room*
`Hm… Not bad as I thought it would be.' He thought as he looked at himself in the mirror. He heard a knock on his door.
 
“Hey Yami! You ready?” Yugi said behind the door.
 
Yami walked over to the door to the door and opened to see the teen standing there. He held his breath at the site before him.
 
Yugi looked adorable in his outfit. “Yami? Earth to Yami!” He said waving his hand in front of the other's face.
 
“Huh? Uh… Yes?” Yami said as he came back to reality.
 
“You were looking at me a bit strangely.”
 
“Oh… Sorry.” Yami said feeling like a baka for gapping like that.
 
“It's alright. You don't look bad in that outfit.” Yugi said.
 
“You don't look bad either.”
 
Yugi blushed a bit.
 
“So, now that we know that these fit, now what?” Yami said not liking the odd silence.
 
“Lunch?”
 
Yami looked at his alarm clock and saw 12:45 p.m. in the clock. “Sure, why not?”
 
“You're making it.” Yugi said smiling.
 
Yami looked blank as he went back to his room.
 
“What are you doing now?” Yugi asked.
 
“Changing.” Yami responded through the door.
 
“Why?”
 
“So I don't ruin the outfit.”
 
“See you in the kitchen then.” Yugi said as he walked down the hallway. `Note to self, teach Yami how to cook.'
 
~Around 5:30 p.m~
Yugi was waiting outside for the other to come out.
 
Yami came out, back in the outfit. “Can I ask you something?”
 
“Sure.” Yugi said tilting his head.
 
Yami seemed hesitate. “Do… Do I really have to wear sandals?”
 
“Like I said earlier, it's a tradition.” Yugi said as he wrapped his arm with the other's arm. “Now quit your complaining and lets go.” He tugged a little as they headed towards where the festival is located.
 
*Festival Grounds*
The grounds were lit up with colorful lanterns and the air is filled with the sounds of people, laughing and talking, and the scent of a thousand varieties of food.
 
Yami was in awe when he saw the grounds.
 
Yugi smiled and gently tugged the other through the crowds until they reached the carnival games, where it's most crowed.
 
“Alright! I got one!” A child's voice was heard.
 
Yami looked over curiously at a small tent that held a tank of goldfish.
 
The man that runs the tent gave the child a plastic bag with a fish in it. The child then ran up to a woman in a kimono. “Mommy! Look at what I caught!” The child said holding the bag up like a trophy.
 
“I see.” The woman said as she bent down to see the fish closely. “Wow! That's a big one!”
 
“Yeah and I caught it!” The child grinned from ear to ear.
 
Yami watched this happy moment, but felt alone and somewhat jealous at the child's fortune of a great family, a family he never and will not ever have.
 
“Yami?' Yugi said as he looked over to where the other was looking at. He understood how it must feel to witness something that seemed perfect for one and not for the other. “Hey Yami, do you want something to eat?” He said calmly, hoping to keep the other distracted.
 
Yami wasn't listening; instead he was in his memories and thought about how life would be different.
 
Yugi felt sorry for him. He didn't know what to do, so he gently tugged the other's sleeve, hoping it would bring the older teen to the present.
 
Yami blinked a couple times and looked to the other and smiled weakly as his eyes began to water.
 
Yugi quickly walked away from the crowds and to some place where they're alone.
 
No sooner as they arrived at a quiet place, Yami broke down. He fell on his knees onto the newly fallen leaves and cried.
 
Yugi bent down beside him and waited.
 
“I hate her!” Yami said. “But, at the same time, I love her.”
 
Yugi understood that he was talking about his mother. He wrapped his arms around the teen and said some calming things to him.
 
Yami held onto him like a life line and continued to cry silently. It felt like an eternity before he stopped crying and sat up to see concerned amethyst eyes.
 
“Are you O.K.?”
 
Yami nodded weakly. “Sorry that I worried you.”
 
Yugi shook his head. “No, it' alright.” He hugged him, which caused the other to look shocked. “You've been through a lot. No one would blame you for that.”
 
Yami was deeply touched by this and hugged him back. `I better tell him now.' He thought. “Yugi… There's something I've been meaning to tell you something for quiet sometime.”
 
Yugi backed up to arms distance to look at the crimson eyed teen. “What is it?” He asked looking confused and wondering.
 
“It's not easy to say with a straight face, but…” Yami took a deep breath and readied himself for rejection. “Yugi, I love you.”
 
Cliffy! Sorry but the chapter has to end here. Don't sue me!
 
Bakura: You're not worth to sue.
 
And why are you still doing here?
 
Bakura: Just for the hell of it.
 
*sigh* Where's Ryou when you need him.
 
Bakura: He's at the mall with the other hikairis.
 
I didn't mean it literally.
 
Bakura: *shrugs*
 
Anyway, please R&R and if you didn't get the future fic, here it is:
 
When in Egypt…
Yugi and Joey found an ancient scroll in the attic and ended up in Ancient Egypt. Meanwhile, Pharaoh Atemu is hiding something that caused him to be cold and distant. When the two arrive, they would have to learn the language of the Egyptians in order to communicate.
Never Knew… Till Now
Yugi finds a near dead teen, brings him in to recover and realizes that this teen has never been around with common, everyday things. Who's this teen and why is he acting so strange?
 
That's it, well, see ya later! Vote now!