Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Flowers ❯ Chapter 16

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey everyone! Look, I know that I told you that the votes will be in and counted for the next fic. But I thought I'll give you a brief look at the two fics that I have mentioned for a while. But before we get to that. I would like to say `Hey! Long time no review' to XxDarkLightxX.
 
Joey: Isn't she da one who writes them wacky reviews.
 
Yes, but her reviews makes me feel better, even when it seems that the whole world is asking too much of me.
 
Seto: By whole world, you mean school.
 
Yes.
 
Bakura: I don't blame you.
 
Thanks Bakura.
 
Bakura: Whatever.
 
Well, anyway, back to the voting thing. Since we only got 2 votes for the `When in Egypt' fic, and only 1 vote for `Never Knew… Until Now'. So, I've been thinking…
 
Marik: Oh boy.
 
-_-; I've been thinking that in order to make the vote a bit more optional, that I make proluges for each fic. That way you know what's going to be in the story.
 
Yami: So, which story proluge are you going to start next?
 
The one with the highest vote.
 
All: Works with us.
 
Thanks guys. ^_^; And now, enjoy the proluge of `When in Egypt'.
 
<><><><><><><><>& lt;><><><><><><><><>< ><><><><><><><><><> ;<><><><><><><><><>&l t;><>
Proluge
 
Torches blazed dimly in the dark hallway. The sounds of shuffling feet and the shadows of man went swiftly through the dimly lit halls.
 
“It's not far now.” Said one man, cloaked to match the shadows. The shadowed face looked over to three other men; one of them holding the small wooden box. “Wait.” He ordered when he saw guards armed with spears and swords.
 
“What should we do now?” The man with the box said timidly.
 
“Ito, Ahmen.” The man called the other two up.
 
“Yes sir.” They both said awaiting their orders.
 
“You were once guards at one time.” The man said as he looked over.
 
“We understand.” The first man said as he and the other unsheathed their daggers and expertly ducked to and fro in the shadows. Then they came out in view of the guards and raise a huge commotion.
 
“Come Enu, while they distract the guards.” The man said as he and Enu went around the fight and out of the halls and into an underground route.
 
“Are you sure the scroll would be safe?” Enu said looking down at the box in his arms.
 
“Yes, I'm sure.” The man said as he opened the door to a deserted library.
 
“May I ask where you are hiding this?” Enu asked lifting the box.
 
The man looked around to see if the coast is clear. “Somewhere where only the ones who have the balls to come in.”
 
“What do you mean?” Enu asked looking lost.
 
The man looked at Enu and held his hand out. “Go back to the stables, I shall continue from here.”
 
Enu handed the box to the man and ran to a shelf, which he pulled to a secret tunnel. “Will you return?”
 
“I'm afraid not lad.”
 
Enu stayed silent for a moment. “Good luck then and may the gods help guide you to your destination.”
 
“Thank you lad, now be gone before they suspect your whereabouts.”
 
Enu nodded and disappeared behind the shelf.
 
“And now, to hide the greatest piece of art of the spell binding world.” The man said as he sneaked past the guards to the front gate. Once there, he ran as fast as his long legs could carry to the edge of the river, where an old man was waiting.
 
“So, ya made it pass the guards, eh?” The old man said.
 
“Just barely.” The man said as he walked onto the boat.
 
The old man sighed sadly. “Things have changed for worst since he took the throne.”
 
The man stayed silent.
 
“The last Pharaoh may have been a bit young, but he was a hell of a lot better than this bastard.”
 
“I know, and all our suffering would have been spared if his cousin didn't sacrifice himself for the sake of the kingdom.” The man said.
 
“If you ask me, I'd say that this guy planed the whole thing just to have a crown.” The old man said with a snort.
 
“Agreed.” The man said.
 
The conversation ended at that as they glided along the smooth river. It was daybreak when they reached to the next stop.
 
“So, what's with the scroll?” The old man said.
 
“All you need to know is that our future would not be this sufferable.” The man said as he got out. “And maybe another chance for the young Pharaoh.” He walked onward to the desert. It seemed like an eternity when he finally reached his desired destination, the Valley of the Kings. He went up to one of the tombs and entered it. He passed through the traps in one piece and placed the box before a small pot, where the ashes of the young pharaoh was placed in. “Oh almighty Pharaoh!” The man said. “I don't know if you can hear me, but I brought with me, the Scroll of Second-Time Chance, only the purest of hearts can read these scriptures and only the strongest of will could accompany that heart.” The man looked up to see a heirograyph of a young man with spiky hair.
 
“Great Pharaoh Atemu. You will have another chance of not only life, but also have a chance to find the wholeness you seek. For you see, the one who reads this scroll would be sent to you and, hopefully, that person has the part you need in order to make you smile once more.” The man bowed and left without another word. `The time will come, but for now, rest in peace, for it will be a millennia before the one would appear before you, almighty Pharaoh.'
 
“You there!”
 
The man turned to see the head palace guard. “Ah! Pu'uat. How have you faired with our new Pharaoh?”
 
Pu'uat looked around to see if anyone was watching before gong up to the man. “My old friend, how I wish to say the bright side of things to our new pharaoh, but I'm afraid there is none.”
 
The man patted his friend's shoulder. “I understand, and I, the people back in the palace, even the kingdom itself would agree that our new pharaoh is a bastard, and we all believe that he's behind the death to our young beloved pharaoh.”
 
Pu'uat looked at the ground. “I got the proof.” He said, but that moment was short lived when his eyes rolled back and slumped to the ground with the knife in his back.
 
“Traitor!” A loud voice boomed across the valley.
 
The man looked up to see a rat-looking pharaoh.
 
“How dare you defile the Valley of the Kings!” The Rat said.
 
“Actually, I came by to drop off an offering to a certain pharaoh.” The man said in a calm tone.
 
“HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO YOUR KING WITH SUCH DISRESPECT!!!” The Rat shouted. “Guards! Throw him in the dungeon!”
 
The man chuckled as he brought the knife to his throat. “I rather die here than some filthy dungeon under a rule of a pathetic ruler.” He slit his throat when he finished his saying. `It won't happen again a second time once the Pharaoh's heart and the will as it's protector come and save the land we know and love.' He thought before life was drained out of him.
 
Years passed since that day, and the scroll remained in the tomb for millennia's. But one day, someone entered the tomb and retrieved the scroll, unknowingly of the power it has within its ancient scriptures.
 
<><><><><><><><>& lt;><><><><><><><><>< ><><><><><><><><><> ;<><><><><><><><><>&l t;><>
What do you think about that?
 
All: …
 
Oh come on!
 
Bakura: If you let everyone read the second prologue, maybe we could choose.
 
This is for the reviewers!
 
Seto: Just start the second prologue all ready!
 
Alright! Here's the second one, `Never Knew…Until Now', enjoy.
 
><><><><><><><><& gt;<><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><>< ;><><><><><><><><><&g t;<><
 
Prologue
 
The night is pitch black with only small amount of stars in the sky. In this night, a party took place. People chatted and laughed while classical music played.
 
Within the crowd, hides an assassination attempt waiting to happen, a person with great knowledge of stealth, warfare, and weaponry.
 
In the center of the crowd is the reason of this event. It's the general's birthday. He wore a white suit with metals of all sorts on him. Some say he may run for president for Japan since he had a well sense character and a strong belief in the law.
 
But all that changed… with the sound of a firing gun. The bullet went through the general's head perfectly between the eyes.
 
The people panicked at both the dead body and the realization that the killer is still in the building.
 
In the shadows of the columns is the gun wielder. He waited for that opptune moment when everyone was out of the way and gave him a clear shot of the general's head. The wielder's crimson eyes showed no emotion as he placed the gun away and moved over to the wine table and grabbed a glass of the finest wine and, without being noticed, walked out of the party and to a waiting limousine.
 
He entered the vehicle and waited till the vehicle moved.
 
“So, all according to plan?” An elderly voice said across from him.
 
“Get in, blend in, blow the brains out of the general, and walk out not being suspicious of any one in the room. I would say all is according to plan.” The crimson eyed man said.
 
“Good, good. Very good, Pharaoh.” The elder said.
 
“You have another mission for me, don't you? Other wise you wouldn't bother picking me up.” Pharaoh said as he sipped a bit of his wine.
 
“You grow accustom to your mission taking.” The elder said.
 
“It's what I was raised to do, was it not?”
 
The elder nodded. “Indeed.”
 
There was a moment of silence.
 
“So, my mission?” Pharaoh said.
 
“There is a resistance somewhere in the ports near Domino. Your job is to seek, find out what they know, and, if necessary,” The elder's tone became cold and heartless. “Take out the trash.”
 
Pharaoh looked solemnly at his glass. “When?”
 
“Tomorrow evening, where they usually meet.”
 
There was a pausing moment.
 
“Very well.” Pharaoh said.
 
The limousine stopped at a complex.
 
“Sleep well, you'll need it.” The elder said as the Pharaoh got out of the vehicle.
 
<><><><><><><><>& lt;><><><><><><><><>< ><><><><><><><><><> ;<><><><><><><><><>&l t;><>
That's it folks! What do you think now?
 
All: …
 
Guys, you're killing me here with the silence treatment.
 
Joey: It's just hard to choose which one.
 
Seto: Don't think too hard, mutt. After all, we don't choose the next fic.
 
Joey: Dat's right! Boy those reviewers are gonna have a hard time ta pick out a fic.
 
Oh boy. Well reviewer's, it's all up to you now, so vote for what you think you would like to read and you know how to let me know. See ya!