Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Servant Yamis ❯ The Love of My Life ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warnings: Implied Bakura x Ryou, Shouenen-ai (skip Flashback part if you no like)

The Love of My Life

Bakura barely munched on his slice of pizza as he tried to contact Ryou through the link again. It bothered him that Ryou was not answering him. Very rarely did Ryou ignore him. Tristan, Joey, Serenity, and Yugi were finalizing pairs while Bakura looked out of the window in the living room. Outside it was getting dark, the neighbors' children were still playing outside. The sunset was turning hues of red, orange, yellow, and lavender. These sunsets were a favorite for him to watch with Ryou, but now he was missing. With Ryou gone, it was like a part of his soul was missing. It hurt.

Ryou's words [I love you too, Yami] ran through his head as he watched the sunset.

He and Ryou always watched the sunsets together wrapped in each other's arms, the way Bakura always hoped it would be. It was as if every sunset was made only for them, two lovers watching the summer sky. Lovers.

"Bakura," Yami Yugi stepped behind him standing his ground against the other spirit.

Bakura didn't turn around to acknowledge him. Yami probably still believed he was responsible for this entire situation.

"I don't know what happened to me, Yami. Ryou is gone. I feel incomplete. Alone."

"We're sending a search party out for him, Bakura," Yami said plainly.

"From what I felt from Ryou, I'm afraid to see what you find," Bakura said softly lowering his head. "Something has happened to him. Even when I beat him, I never felt emotions like these through out link. My hikari is afraid. He's hurt." Bakura took a deep breath. "I can't do a thing about it."

Yami joined Bakura at the window. Bakura's face was still red as if he had been slapped. Yami put his arm around Bakura.

*Flashback ******************************************************

Bakura collapsed beside Ryou in the bed. Ryou turned around and draped his arm over Bakura's as he did every night when he slept and tightly hugged him. Ryou's breath took a long deep breath inhaling the scent of Bakura's cologne. Bakura brought his hand around Ryou's shoulders. Ryou's eyes sparkled as they gazed at Bakura in a mixture of love and devotion. Ryou kissed Bakura's neck. "I love you very much, Bakura. I never thought we would end up like this."

Bakura let out a laugh. "Neither did I, actually, to tell you the truth."

Ryou rubbed his cheek against Bakura's chest and kissed it again. "That sunset was incredible! I've never seen a sunset look like that." Ryou snuggled up closer to his lover.

"The sunsets were beautiful in Egypt. One day I'll take you there. You can see for yourself how beautiful my home is."

Ryou ran his hand along Bakura's chest making the spirit gasp and hold Ryou closer. "I'd love to go see it..someday. Until then, I have the best part of Egypt here with me now…and I wouldn't give him up for all the gold of the pharaoh."

Ryou raised his head and kissed Bakura again deeply running his hand over Bakura's strong chest. Ryou pressed himself closer to Bakura until once again they were flesh to flesh, heart to heart….

********************************************************* *********

"I love him, Yami!" Bakura grabbed Yami's jacket. "I love him with every fiber of my being! I don't want to see him hurt!" Bakura buried his head in Yami's chest, feeling the rugged buckles under his cheek.

"When he called to me…his voice…scared.."

Yami rubbed Bakura's hair and tilted his chin up to look him in the eyes. "Nothing will happen to Ryou. We will get him back."

"Please, Yami. If you can't see by my tears that I love him, then I don't know how to convince you that I love him. I know you think I can never be more than I am..a tomb robber, a thief. But I can be more than that! I am going to find Ryou and bring him home to me where he belongs and I will let nothing stop me!"

Yami was called into the kitchen. Bakura turned to the window again..their window…

"Ryou, I promise you I will rescue you…even if I have to risk myself in the process."

\\ I love you, Hikari. \\