Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Servant Yamis ❯ Chapter 24

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

For all of you who watched today's episode of Yugioh!: OH MY GOD!!! GOD GOD GOD!!!! MARIK TOOK HIS SHIRT OFF!!! *faints *

Ryou: *fans bakurasgirl sighing * Ahem…Sorry about her… she died when she saw him without his shirt.

Bakura: Why doesn't she have that reaction when we take our shirts off?

Ryou: It's Marik….

Bakura: oh yeah. Forgot.

Ryou: Can you imagine if we all had our shirts off at once in front of her if she faints with just watching Marik go shirtless?

Bakura: Don't even suggest that….she'll write a fic about it.

Flesh and Blood: The ties that Bind

Malik held Yugi tightly as he struggled against his iron grip. By the door of one stood Anzu leaning against the metal casually, almost chuckling to herself. Anzu looked up at Yami. Her usual, dim-witted, spaced out, blank stare was now replaced with a glowing yellow eye. Anzu was clad in a black dress and a red, circular pendent hanging from her neck.

"Does my little puppet still have his strings cut?" Bakura seethed.

Yami and Shadi gasped in unison when they saw Marik on the ground sitting beside Ryou's form on the bed. Marik gently brushed Ryou's hair aside on his face, his body hardly breathing, his skin cold and clammy.

"Soul Stealer!" Yami turned to Bakura. "Did you do this to Ryou?"

Bakura chuckled, his lips caught in the sneer that his interior detested. "I don't need him. I never needed him. I just used him for my own…purposes. That was all he was good for anyway."

"I see you brought more guests for our little Millenium party, Malik. You will be handsomely rewarded." Anzu ran her claw-like hands over his cheek. Malik gently kissed the tender, disgusting wrist as it passed his mouth. Yami and Shadi were glad they weren't hungry now. That scene was too disgusting for any sane person to handle.

"Where's my necklace, boys?"

Malik glanced at Bakura and back at his "queen". "She escaped us, my queen," Malik said bowing to her. Marik jumped out off of the bed when Anzu slapped his yami hard in the cheek angrily. "You good-for-nothing fools! How can I rule the world now? I've never had such lousy help from anyone! You both better find that necklace for me or your lights will be punished!"

Anzu turned to Shadi. "Hand me your Key." Shadi let his fingers brush lightly over the item and he removed it from his neck.

Bakura held his hand. "Don't touch that Scale! Shadi's Scale burned my hand."

Anzu turned to Shadi holding out her hand. "Give me that Scale!"

"Why do you want this?"

"I want power!" The Scale tipped in her favor.

"What's so great about power? Isn't friendship as important, if not more so?" Shadi held the Scale up in the air. Yami and Bakura held their breath. Shadi wanted to tip the Scales against Anzu. The Scales would punish her if she answered falsely. Anzu watched the scales tipping against her! She could not be stopped by a Millenium Item!

"Friendship is important…when it will get you somewhere," Anzu said reaching for the Scales letting out a scream as she touched the cursed metal. She quickly brought her hand back and gripped it tightly gasping and shrieking.

"I tried to warn you, mistress," Bakura said grinning inside.

"Shut up, you miserable little wretch!" Anzu's eyes glanced at Yami with a smile. "I think Anubis would like to speak to you and your aibou, Pharaoh Yami. Throw him in that cell! We'll get that item later!"

Yami internally growled at the rough handling of his aibou by his captor when a black and purple cloud appeared in the corner of the same room where Ryou and Bakura had their unfortunate reunion. The cloud materialized into the form of a man with glowing red eyes, piercing their way into Yami's purple eyes. Yami stopped suddenly as his eyes widened. He staggered back as Malik released Yugi who ran into his arms. Yami kneeled to him and wrapped him in his arms. "I'm glad you are alright, Yugi."

Yugi buried his head into Yami's buckles again. "Ryou….I…I thought that she would hurt you, Yami! I'm glad you're safe."

Anubis approached Yami as she hid Yugi behind him. "This is a sight to see, Pharaoh Yami! You kneeling in front of me!"

"I won't let you harm the little one!" Yami growled.

"So courageous! So daring. I've waiting many millennia to see this sight. You kneeling before me, your lifelong enemy…..your lifelong brother."

Yugi gasped as he gripped onto Yami. "You're lying! Yami didn't have any brothers!"

"Well, aibou……That is and is not true."

Yami stood up to protect Yugi and looked at the villain in the eyes. "Many millennia ago, the Shadow games were a means of power and threatened to destroy the world. Seto, as my High Priest, craved this power. You see in how he duels. Anubis was brought into my family as a step-brother. We were educated by the same scribes, but Anubis craved the taste of power. He conspired with Seto and my high priests to assassinate me and gain power. It almost worked. I discovered his treachery and banished him to the Shadow Realm."

"After all these countless millennia, I still wreak havoc on the world which I have been forced to abandon! I have become as mighty as the god Ra and I refuse to give up my power! When you are in my power, I will have nothing or no one to stop me! I will be invincible!"

"How did you meet Anzu?"

"Weak minds are easy to control."

Yami growled and turned to Yugi. "I'm sorry, Yugi. I should have told you."

"I understand, Yami."

// Yugi, do me one thing. //

\\ Anything for you, Yami! \\

// Play along. //

Yugi gave him a questioning glance.

"Say your goodbyes to each other."

Yami wrapped his arms around Yugi. // Play along. //

Anzu opened the book…..

Darkest Time

Demon Night

Give a Sign

The Time Is Right

Yami fell to the floor holding his head. Yugi ran to Yami rubbing his back as Yami showed obvious discomfort.

For Dark Divine

To Come to Me

Wrap Me In Your Darkest Sea

Yami broke the link with Yugi.

Overshadow With Highest Tide

The Mighty Pharaoh Strong and Wise

Yami stopped gasping and gripped onto Yugi. \\ Yami!!! Say something! Please don't become like them!!! \\

Anzu closed the book and grinned. Yami staggered off the floor and stood up holding his head. Yugi pulled on his sleeve. "No, Yami, you can't become like them! Please!"

Yami turned to him scowling. "Don't you plead with me, you little brat!" Yami's eyes burst with fury and distaste. Yugi cried out as Yami pinned him to the wall. "Don't speak unless spoken to! Do you understand me?" To Yugi's surprise, Yami winked at him, the same fire burning in his eyes. Every fiber in his body radiated disgust and hatred.

"Now, Yami Yugi, give me your puzzle." Anubis held out his hand. Yami turned to Anubis and back down to Yugi. He didn't want his Light hurt. He slowly removed the heavy chain which bound the puzzle to his neck. Anubis gripped the puzzle laughing hysterically. Anubis went to Bakura and Marik and removed their items. Anzu handed him the Key.

"Where are the Scales and the Necklace?"

"These hair-brained fools lost Isis. Shadi has the Scales, but it burned my hand. How dare he! I'll find a counter-spell for it before we can touch it."

Anubis turned to Bakura and Malik scowling. Bakura and Malik collapsed to the ground screaming loudly after Anubis emitted a light at them. Yami watched as they twisted. Yugi tried to resist the urge to hold Yami. Bakura gasped as Malik rose to his knees. "My …apologies..my…Master."

"See that this does not happen again. Now get out of my sight." Bakura and Malik left. "Yami, kindly take your Light back to his cell. You will go look for that necklace. I can't trust in those two fools. We won't need them anyway once we're done with them. Then, brother, you will rule with me. We are flesh and blood…" Yami's mouth cracked a smile and looked down at Yugi. "Flesh and Blood..the ties that bind. It's better than friends who betray you."

"We were worried about you! How did we betray you?"

Yami took Yugi into his grasp again. "Did I tell you not to speak? You belong with your friends. You aren't worthy of being around me!" Yugi felt a tear drop down his face.

"How can you say that?"

"I say what I want! I'm going to drop you off where you belong…with the rest of those pathetic mortals." Yami grabbed Yugi's wrist tightly. "I will place this one in the cell and look for the Necklace."

"Take Malik with you. He shows some promise." Anubis offered Malik the Millenium Ring. "Use this to track her down." Anubis pointed to Malik's Rod (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!-not that Rod, people) and grinned. "If you have to, use the consealed dagger within. I want that Necklace even if you have to eliminate her to do it."

Yami bowed and left the room. Yugi looked up at Yami as his spirit still wore his furious face. "Yami?"

"Yes, aibou?"

Yugi looked stunned. "Don't look so surprised. Shadi used a spell of his own to protect me. It takes much more than that tiny book to bring me to my knees."

"How did you know Bakura and Malik were under a spell? Did you hear our mindlink?"

"I can see many things you cannot, little one. When I saw Bakura in Seto's office, his soul looked darker than I have ever seen it. I sensed a darker presence within him. You must act convincing, Yugi, or they will discover my act. If they do, our friend's lives will be at stake."

Yugi lowered his head. "I was afraid I lost you."

"You'll never lose me, aibou. I promise not to hurt Isis, but you must act convincing." Yami smiled at Yugi and put his hand on his shoulder. "I need you to be strong for me…for them."

"I will, Yami."

Next Chappies: Bakura helps Anzu find a way to de-spell the Scales, Bakura uses the Key to try to free Ryou's soul.