Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Servant Yamis ❯ Chapter 25

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

\\…\\-Bakura's memories

Author's Note: Bakura is able to speak in his mind normally, but when he speaks out loud, he is fighting Anzu's influence.

Never Wanted to Let You Go

Anzu flipped through the spell book searching for the chant to remove the curse on the Scales. Her hand hurt her terribly, leaving Bakura quite amazed she didn't take his soul…..like he took Ryou's. Bakura looked down at the book before him.

----------Flashback-------

Ryou ran to the swing in the park. It was a beautiful bright spring day after school. The white haired boy sat on a swing followed by Bakura looking a little less than thrilled about Ryou's sudden childish attitude. He wasn't angry, but he was tired and wanted to go home.

"Come on, Yami! Push me!"

Bakura sighed. "Ryou, I am very tired. I want to go home."

"But it's such a nice day, yami! Please? Come on, Bakura! You have to learn to enjoy life! Don't let it slip away!"

Bakura dropped Ryou's schoolbag and stood behind Ryou, his eyes sparkling like a sprite. "What do I do?"

"Push my back. That's all you need to do!" Yami gave him a puzzled look, but Ryou smiled. "See those parents with those kids over there? Do the same with me! Ready?"

Ryou began to swing laughing as Bakura tried to push him. "Not too bad, Bakura! Higher!" Ryou's swing went higher causing him to laugh even harder. Bakura noticed the mothers across the way looking and giggling at them. Ryou was such a carefree boy, he didn't care if he was too old for swings. This made him happy. Bakura watched the women laugh getting angrier and neglecting Ryou's hasty return. Ryou knocked into him sending him hard on his back. His hikari ran over to him still laughing at the excitement still unaware of the women who were watching the two boys.

"Sorry, Bakura. I forgot to warn you." Ryou helped him to his feet. It was very seldom that Ryou laughed that hard. "Do you want to try?"

"No."

"Come on. Sit down." Bakura sat down reluctantly holding onto the chains. Ryou backed away with an impish grin. With a burst of energy, he ran into Bakura sending his swing too high too quickly. Bakura hated heights. He was sent up high off the ground by Ryou's body acting as a catapult. Bakura screamed, but Ryou laughed.

"Get me down!!! Stop this Ra-forsaken contraption!!!"

"Use your feet to stop!!"

"I can't!!! I don't know how!!"

Ryou grabbed the swing's chain when Bakura flew off into the dirt. "I realized something."

Ryou kneeled down to the fallen boy. "What?"

"I don't like playgrounds."

----------------------------------

Bakura sighed over his book and turned to Anzu reading her own spellcaster books. "Shadi will pay for cursing his Scales! Wretched man! I don't even know where to look!" Anzu pushed the huge table over in rage. "If you hadn't fouled up, we could already be making the work bow to us!"

Bakura wore a mask of shame, but Bakura wanted to wring Anzu's neck. Bakura crept up to her and tried to gather his wits.

"It's a shame you aren't like Malik. Malik knows how to treat me properly, like the queen I am. You're as worthless as your soul-less, useless, pathetic hikari!"

Bakura lowered his head with the memories which passed through his head. "Go get me Shadi's item."

"But I can't hold it! It'll burn me again."

"Go before I lose my temper!"

Bakura slowly left the room walking down the long hallway to the hikari dungeon. \\ I can think of one thing you've already stolen," Ryou said kissing him. \\

Bakura cringed at the thought. Ryou loved him. Look at what he did to the one he loved. Anzu was so strong. She couldn't possibly be defeated alone. He had to have the pharaoh's help. They had to join forces.

Bakura approached the dungeon and Marik and Yugi looked up with disdain. Ryou was placed on the bed. He looked so pale. Bakura unlocked the door with his mind as Anzu allowed him to do.

"What are you doing here, traitor? If I only had my Rod right now!!! Wait. I don't need a Rod to teach a scoundrel like you a lesson!" Marik jumped on Bakura who pinned him to the wall with a punch.

"I …..want..to see…….Ryou." Bakura said in obvious pain. Marik's angry face melted and Bakura stepped away.

"What do you want with him?"

"I came for Shadi's Scale," Bakura said strictly.

"It burned your hand before! Why do you want to hold it again?"

"Anzu…promised to….hurt..," Bakura found it painful to talk when not manipulated by Anubis or Anzu. It left him gasping for breath and a huge headache.

Bakura staggered to Ryou's bed and raised his hand clenched in a fist. He remembered Ryou's last words to him, \\ I don't know when you will return to normal, but I want you to know, you're forgiven. \\ He remembered Ryou's lips, full of life and love. Those lips were like honey, sweet and warm. With a great deal of inner struggle, Bakura pressed his lips to Ryou, icy lips. Ryou's body would not move, not react to Bakura's warm kiss. His light breath wasn't even touching Bakura's cold cheek. The yami touched Ryou's pale hand. "I'm……..sorry……..Ryou." Yugi and Marik watched. Shadi had his attention elsewhere. He put his hand on Ryou's cheek. "Speak…to me…." Ryou was quiet. Bakura put his head on Ryou's chest sadly remembering Ryou's painful cry in his grasp. \\ A piercing scream…Ryou gripped tightly shaking…a cold breath….Ryou went limp. \\

"I'll….get…you….back." Bakura whispered. Bakura stood up and turned to Shadi. "I need your item," he said in his old tone.

"Why? Anzu wants to rule the world."

"I…can….stop her…I need…your …..item."

"Why?"

"Only if….I get….all..the items…can..I beat her.."

Shadi looked at Bakura. The Scales tipped in Bakura's favor. Shadi handed it to Bakura. "The curse is gone. You may handle it." Bakura slowly took the Scales and it didn't burn his hand.

"I…want to help…look after…Ryou." Bakura turned to Ryou and kneeled before him. "I never wanted…..to let you…..go, Ryou." Bakura kissed him once more whispering, "I never wanted…..to let you……go."

Marik approached Bakura his lip still slightly swollen from his punch. Bakura stood up and almost winced at the injury. "Ryou knows you didn't mean it, Bakura. He loves you. He told me so. I know you love him."

Bakura squinted his eyes. He could feel Anubis and Anzu grab his mind again in their powerful grip. It was overwhelming, powerful. The only refuge he was, if it was refuge at all, was his devotion to bringing back his hikari and freeing his friends. He was determined to stop Anzu and her twisted megalomaniac desires to rule the world. Marik stood by Ryou stroking his hair. Yugi walked up to Bakura. "When he thought you were gone, Bakura, the only person he was worried about was you. He was afraid. Ryou prayed that you weren't hurt. He cried for you."

Bakura looked down at Ryou. \\ I made him cry….it wouldn't be the first time. \\

-------Flashback-----(from Nanny Bakura)

Bakura yanked him into the bathroom and yanked off his shirt…turned on the shower and threw Ryou into the freezing water. Ryou's screamed as the water's grip stung him. Bakura splashed his hikari as Ryou began to shiver.

------------

Bakura winced as he looked at Ryou again. \\ I made him cry…I'll make it up to you. \\

"I…must beat Anzu..for Ryou. She…will fall…." Bakura needed to support himself against the wall as he left the cell. Fighting Anzu's spell was difficult and considerably uncomfortable. He held the Scales and staggered back to the library. He had caused Ryou joy and happiness. He had caused Ryou immense pain. He knew he couldn't take on that witch alone. He needed help.

\\ I will…….fight them….with my..last ounce…of..strength. \\ Bakura thought. \\ No matter the price. \\