Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Servant Yamis ❯ Chapter 29

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I use one line from the modern The Mummy with Brendan Fraser in here and no, do not own it. If I did, nothing would change it. I love that movie!!!! I have a thing for archeologists and weapons. So hot…

My Light in the Darkness

Bakura laid Ryou in his bed. Ryou's head lulled to one side as Bakura stroked his cheek. Ryou's friends gathered around surprised at this thief, this supposedly hard-hearted yami, gently brushing Ryou's cheek.

Yugi walked over to Ryou and touched his cheek. "He's still very cold. I thought he would warm up now that we're out of the Shadow Realm."

Bakura grabbed his Millenium Ring.

Ring of Mine

With Light Divine

Release the Soul

Which Darkness Hold

A light emerged from the Ring filling the room. When it dimmed, Ryou still did not wake. Bakura's hands shook and he repeated his chant.

Ring of Mine

With Light Divine

Release the Soul

Which Darkness Hold!

Ryou's eyes did not flutter, he did not breathe. Tears emerged from Bakura's eyes. "Dammit, Ryou!"

Ring of Mine

With Light Divine

Release the Soul

Which Darkness Hold!

Bakura leaned over Ryou completely exhausted from fighting Anzu and worrying about his hikari. Ryou's eyes didn't open. He was not moving at all. Bakura squeezed his eyes tightly, the scene flashing before his eyes again and Ryou's recurring mantra, "You're forgiven." Yami took Yugi beside him. Malik leaned on his light shaking his head.

"That spell had to work!" Bakura grabbed Ryou's shirt and shook him. "Wake up, Ryou! For the love of Ra! Wake up!" Bakura buried his face in Ryou's chest. "I am nothing without you! I can't live without you!" Yami and Malik exchanged glances of shock. The powerful tomb robber, murderer, thief…loved Ryou. Ryou's fingers began to twitch, but no other signs of life appeared. "That spell had to work! Something is wrong."

"What are you going to do?"

"Going to the only place I can think of where he could be: his soulroom."

Bakura disappeared into his own soulroom. He looked around at the dark room. It had been a long time since he had been in there. The place was dark and damp with the sound of dripping water resonated making a lonely sound in the otherwise silent room. Bakura picked up his deck from the side table just in case. "I really have to clean this place up a bit," he said trying to open the door to Ryou's soulroom.

The door was sealed shut. "Stupid stupid door!" He growled as he tugged on it. The door refused to move and he banged on it desperately. "Ryou, open this door!" A scream came from the other side of the door.

"Ryou! What's wrong?"

"I can't open the door! Yami! Please! Help me!" Ryou's terrified voice pleaded from the other side of the doorway. Bakura shook the doorknob more vigorously and tried to bang on the door.

"Ryou! It's your own mental defenses keeping me from helping you! You have to let your guard down!"

"Yami, where are you?" The screams turned to loud whimpers. "Yami."

Bakura took a deep breath. "Ryou. I'm sorry. Anzu made me take your soul, but I'm here to rescue you. Please give me a chance. If you love me, please open this door."

No sound came from the other side. "I'm here to rescue you, Ryou. Please."

"Anzu will come after me. She'll hurt me. Anubis will find me. Must protect. Must defend. Must hold on until my yami gets here." Bakura could hear Ryou against the door talking softly.

"I'm here, Ryou," Bakura said kneeling before the door where he heard Ryou whimpering.

"Please let me in. I'm going to protect you from anyone who wants to hurt you. No one will come near you to hurt you again. I love you. Please let me in."

The whimpering died away. Bakura tried the knob again and it turned. Bakura slowly entered the soulroom. A dark purple haze filled the room. The room was cold and foggy. "Ryou? Are you there?"

A sniffle came from a corner of the dark room. The purple haze congealed as another whimper was heard.

"I finally have you where I want you, Yami Bakura." A red light brightened the room with the purple haze lingering in dense fog. Anubis was standing there holding Ryou's collar as he struggled to breathe.

"I have been in the Shadow Realm for too long, my spirit friend. I know you have inhabited this ring for Millenia."

"How did you escape our attack? I saw you disintegrate!"

Anubis chuckled. "What you see now is reality. What you saw, that is the illusion."

"That can't be!"

"You have always been alone in your quest for the Millenium Items. How would you like a roommate and a partner?" Anubis lifted Ryou off the ground. "We can share his body in the meantime. He doesn't look like he could handle us both." Anubis turned to Ryou. "He looks too weak to support both of us." Ryou struggled as his eyes locked on his yami full of terror.

"I will not let you hurt Ryou!"

Anubis lowered Ryou to the floor. "Come on, Yami Bakura. You always wanted to get your greedy hands on the Millenium Items. We can work together to crush humanity! Crush the mortal world!" Anubis gripped tighter as Ryou began to slow down his struggling.

"Make it come to its knees before our superior power!" Bakura could hear Ryou gasping for breath and losing his footing on the ground. "We can always start with this one."

"So you are the one preventing him from waking up! I thought I smelled a rat!"

Ryou reached out for his yami struggling less desperately.

"Wait! Don't hurt Ryou!"

Anubis picked up Ryou again. "Will you join me? Or must I use persuasion?" Ryou's grasp on Anubis loosened. Anubis dropped Ryou on the ground. "Looks like I don't have to worry about persuasion."

Bakura ran to Ryou and clasped him tightly. "Ryou, speak to me!"

Ryou didn't respond. Bakura stood up angrily. "I will fight you myself!" The ring glowed a bright yellow and a light filled the room. "I will not let you hurt the mortals! You will be stopped here and now! You cannot be Anubis! You are nothing!" Bakura clenched his teeth and pulled out his deck. "Man-Eater Bug! Come do your master's bidding!" A large bug appeared behind Bakura snarling. "Chain Energy!" Bakura summoned a ball of energy on his own. The power from his energy ball increased and encased Anubis. "Man-Eater Bug. Eat your fill." The bug screeched and dashed into the floating ball of energy.

Bakura grabbed Ryou and dragged him to another corner of the dark room. Anubis screamed as Bakura's lip curled in disgust and anger. The energy ball began to collapse on itself as Bakura shielded Ryou's body. "Death…is only….the beginning!" Anubis once again shattered into a million fragments. The Man-Eater Bug crawled back to its master with evidence of its meal. The bug chirped as it prodded Ryou's body and carressed him with its antennnae.

Bakura put Ryou on the ground. "Breathe, Ryou!" Bakura tilted Ryou's head back and breathed into his mouth. The soul room became colder. Anubis had possession of Ryou's soul the entire time! That is why he could not wake up! Bakura pressed on Ryou's chest and breathed into him again. "Breathe, my love, please take a breath, even one more breath!" Bakura breathed into Ryou's mouth and Ryou arched his back gasping for breath. A bright light filled the room and the warm began to warm. Tears of joy slipped down Bakura's cheeks. "You're breathing!! Breathe, Ryou!"

Ryou wrapped his arms around Bakura's neck again crying and whimpering. "I thought I lost you, Ryou!" Bakura kissed Ryou's hair. Ryou took Bakura's face and kissed his lips, tears trailing down his cheek and chin. "Does that mean nothing to you?" Ryou looked into Bakura's eyes.

"That means the world to me. You mean the world to me." Bakura leaned down and kissed Ryou deeply and passionately. Ryou's lips were warming and his breathing became deeper. Bakura pulled away so Ryou could catch more of his breath. "Why is it light in here all of a sudden?"

"You are my light in the darkness, Bakura. I love you." Ryou brought his lips to Bakura's again. "I love you so much." Ryou said not pulling away from the kiss. "I want to stay like this forever."

"So we shall, my love. So we shall."

To My readers: One more chappie I think.

I also put the lemon in the second chappie of The Rose and Ryou today. If yaoi is your thing, check it out.