Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Servant Yamis ❯ Chapter 32

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

WARNING: GRAB YOUR TISSUES BEFORE YOU READ THIS. THIS IS THE NIGHT AFTER THE WEDDING. NO LEMON, PEOPLE (points to rating). THIS IS SET TO "I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING" BY AEROSMITH.

If this is a dream, Don't wake me.

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming

Our long day exhausted Ryou. We couldn't afford a honeymoon. I really regretted that, but that's the way life is….our new life. Our new life began at dawn of a new day and now was our first night as husband and…..husband. We cleaned up after the party and watched our sunset. Our sunset, painted in blue, violets, and crimson, was different somehow. It was a sunset, but it was a special one. Now we watched the sunset together maybe not legally tied in matrimony, but the symbolism was all we wanted. I wanted my marriage to be witnessed by Ra himself.

Now I slipped into bed beside him and watched him sleep with his head on my heart, right where I wanted him to be. He never looked so happy. His breathing was like a symphony to my ears and his heart kept the rythym.

I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Where every moment spent with you
Is a moment I treasure

I've never been so happy and Ryou could tell it was showing. I wanted nothing more in life than to have him here with me. So peaceful. So serene. So completely content in my arms. I closed my eyes to relish this perfect moment with my perfect other.


I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you
And I don't wanna miss a thing

If this was heaven, I never wanted to go to sleep again. If this was a dream, please don't wake me. If this was an illusion, please don't make me sane.

'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you
And I don't wanna miss a thing

I dreamed of him all the time. He never left my side. With his arm draped around me, I dreamed of us together. A field of flowers was more scented with him. Even the worst nightmare was made better with his presence. My dreams weren't complete without him.


Lying close to you, feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what your dreaming
Wondering if it's me your seeing

I watch his eyes flutter and a smile spread across his lips. Was he dreaming of me? Dreaming of our special day? I felt his heart race and I was brought from my own dream to be amazed he kissed my chest in his sleep. What was he dreaming about? Was he dreaming of me?

And then I kiss your eyes, and thank God we're together
I just wanna stay with you
In this moment forever

I couldn't resist. I placed a kiss just above his eye and heard him moan. He was dreaming of me. I never want him to wake up. I want him beside me. His hair was like clouds and his aroma was like some intoxicating wine.


I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you
And I don't wanna miss a thing

I want to stay awake for eternity and watch his glorious slumber in my arms where he belongs. He belongs to me, mine alone. I wish he could live forever like me and we could forever be locked in our slumbering embrace.

'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you
And I don't wanna miss a thing

Nothing is better than this moment. Nothing I could ever dream could spoil this moment between us. My poor Ryou had such a long day. It exhausted him. I kissed him again and rubbed my hand long his back. He was so warm. So perfect. So pure. My other half.


I don't wanna miss one smile
I don't wanna miss one kiss
Well, I just wanna be with you, right here with you
Just like this

I savored every kiss, every smile, and every tear shed In complete joy. Every movement of him, every breath made my heart dance. I can't believe I never noticed him this way when we first met.

I just wanna hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time

I could feel every beating of his mortal heart. I knew that eventually…… I can't think that way. I had to savor every moment, the good and the bad. The happy and sad. I admit that when Ryou collapsed on the floor after Anubis held him so tightly, I thought he was gone. Our soul room had gotten cold. I couldn't feel his heartbeat. I was terrified. I desperately didn't want to lose him. I thought I did and it hurt like a million knives. Our vows declared, "Until Death do us Part. Together forever." I only wished that. But wishing does not make everything a reality.


I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you

I was almost afraid to close my eyes and realize this was a dream. I wanted to stay with him and watch his little chest move, feel his little heart thump. I was so happy, I was afraid that this would all be a dream. A dream to wake me from my fantasy.

And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you

I cuddled him closer to me afraid to let him go. I felt a tear running down my face. Ryou never saw me cry. My little light was curled up beside me with his arm draped over me in perfect bliss. I remember his mother telling me, this is how she held him when he slept with her…when she was alive. I could envision my tiny Ryou sleeping contentedly on his mother, the picture of pure innocence. Now he slept with me. I could tell the heavens blessed our union. The sky never had so many stars that night. All of them magnified the sparkle in his eyes. I vowed to be by his side forever and I wondered if all this was a dream, some happy fantasy. If this is a dream……don't wake me.