Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of the Damned ❯ Bakura's Pain ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not claim to own Yu-Gi-Oh or any of its characters. Yu-Gi-Oh rightfully belongs to Kazuki Takahashi, Jump Comics, TV Asahi, Toei Animation, Bandai, Kids WB, and 4Kids Entertainment. Don't bother suing me; I have no money, and I am presently in debt. -_-*

Tears of the Damned

Bakura's Pain

Bakura walked slowly towards his home in the pouring rain. His parents were away on a trip again so he would be left alone with his abusive yami. Once again he would be left at his yami's mercy with no one to save him. His yami had been appearing more frequently lately, causing him more pain with every visit.

Yugi's yami would protect Yugi at any cost; why wouldn't his yami do the same? It was impossible to determine what his yami was thinking. At times he seemed completely insane, well all the time actually. He would just appear out of no where and beat him mercilessly. How many wounds had his yami given him? How many more would he have before dawn?

Bakura stopped suddenly and looked up towards the sky. He thought of what Yugi and his yami were like, and what it would be like if he and his yami had that kind of relationship. It began raining even harder. It was almost as if the heavens were grieving for him.

Bakura stopped in front of his house. He was finally home, though that wasn't necessarily a good thing. He walked slowly inside fearsome of what might occur next. His yami always seemed to show up at times like this; when he was all alone with no one to protect him. There was no way to protect himself, his yami was just too powerful. He could only hope his yami wouldn't appear again tonight.

Surprisingly, the evening had been uneventful so far. Bakura had managed to prepare and eat a decent dinner, watch TV, and do his homework in peace. The white-haired teen yawned and began to prepare for bed.

After Bakura finished brushing his teeth his millennium ring began to glow. Before the teen even had a chance to breathe his yami appeared before him. He smirked and said mockingly, "You don't think I'd let you go that easy did you? Like I would ever be that kind."

Bakura backed away in a futile effort to protect himself, only to be grabbed by the collar of his shirt and forced against the wall. Yami Bakura smiled smugly and began to punch his victim repeatedly in the face. The yami dropped his victim letting him fall to the ground. He chuckled quietly to himself and kicked his motionless counterpart in the ribs. He lifted the adolescent slowly towards his face. He grinned and said softly, "I can't have you gettin' in the way." Yami Bakura walked bristly outside in the pouring rain.

***

Yugi had, had a fairly uneventful evening. He was presently eating cookies and milk while watching TV. He knew he should be asleep right now. It was Monday so he would have school tomorrow, but he just couldn't seem to get to sleep. The teen glanced at the clock even though he knew it would say 12:00am as it had three seconds ago.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Yugi thought that was odd, but decided it must be important. He slowly got off the couch and walked to the door. He turned the handle slowly to find Bakura standing behind it. For some reason something seemed different about him, but he decided he was just imagining things and let him in.

"Why did you come here at this hour?" Yugi asked his white-haired friend.

"Well... I left my keys in my house before school. Since I had locked the door earlier I couldn't get in. Then I remembered that I had given you a spare key to my house just in case something like this happened. So I decided to go to your house to get the key."

Yugi didn't believe what his friend had just told him. Something just didn't feel right. He usually felt comfortable around Bakura, but right now he felt rather nervous around him. Also, there was something about his eyes, and the way he was eyeing his millennium puzzle.

"Why did you get here so late if our houses aren't even a mile apart?"

"Well... I was studying with some friends, and I didn't realize I had left my keys in my house until I got home."

"You can't go back out in weather like this. You can stay here for now, I'll get you something to eat," Yugi replied trying to be polite to his guest; trying to dismiss all his feelings of uneasiness.

Yami Bakura smiled as he watched the tri-haired teen leave. Yugi had fallen right into his trap.

Author's Notes: So what did you think of this first chapter? I didn't mean to end it so soon, but it is 12:00 and I am getting kinda tired. Don't worry I'll upload the second chapter soon (I hope -_-*) R+R^_^