Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of the Damned ❯ The Puzzle ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I have already informed you that Yu-Gi-Oh! is not mine. It still belongs to its rightful owner, Kazuki Takahashi. Don't bother suing me, I own nothing of value.

Tears of the Damned

The Puzzle

Bakura and Yugi had been watching TV and eating cookies for almost three hours. Yugi finally got tired and fell asleep on the couch. Yami Bakura grinned. Now he would finally possess the millennium puzzle.

Yami Bakura reached slowly for the millennium puzzle. He had dreamed of this moment for centuries, but he had never anticipated it would be this easy. Centuries ago he never would have guessed that he would have merely stolen this priceless item from an unconscious teenage boy.

The yami finally actually pulled the object off the tri-haired teen's neck. He stood there for a moment; amazed by idea that he actually had the object he had dreamed of for so long in his hands.

The violet-eyed teenage boy began to stir. Yami Bakura quickly regained his composure, and rapidly dashed off into the night.

***

Bakura had finally managed to get up from his awkward position on the floor. He was presently cleaning his wounds; trying to ignore the pain. The brown-eyed teen silently wished that his yami would not return soon. In his present state he did not think he had the strength to endure another beating.

Suddenly, the door burst open loudly. Standing behind it was none other than Yami Bakura. The yami walked over to his light slowly and uttered, "Don't worry, I will not hurt you this time. Now that I have what I want I have no anger to take out on you." Seconds later the yami disappeared into his soul room.

The white-haired boy wondered how this could get any worse. What would happen now that his yami had the millennium puzzle? What evil would he commit now that he had its power in his possession?

***

Yugi woke up from a dreamless sleep. It was amazing how one could feel so tired after one had been asleep for so long. The tri-haired teen remembered Bakura had come over last night for his keys. He was probably still here.

Yugi searched for his white-haired friend in every room in his house. Perhaps Bakura go impatient and took the keys and left. After all he always got home sick during the few slumber parties he had been invited to.

Then teen checked to see if the keys were still there. The small, bronze key was still where he had left it in case of an emergency. That was strange; why would Bakura leave without his key? He wouldn't walk to anyone else's house in the pouring rain, would he?

Yugi lifted his small hands up to the millennium puzzle, only to find it wasn't there. He searched every room in the house for it, and even forced Grandpa out of bed to help him look.

After looking for two hours Yugi's Grandpa angrily yelled, "Yugi, you should be more careful with something so powerful. If it were to fall in the wrong hands..."

Suddenly, the phone rang. Out of instinct Yugi grabbed it immediately without a second thought. "Hello, Turtle Game Shop," Yugi said quickly.

"Oh, hi Yugi. I just wanted to remind you about our duel today. You haven't forgotten have you?" Seto answered.

"N-no."

"Good, meet me in one hour!"

Author's Notes: I'm really sorry it took so long to get this chapter. I was away for two weeks. -_-* I will try to update more frequently now that I'm back.