Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of the Damned ❯ The Millennium Eye ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not claim to own Yu-Gi-Oh or any of its characters. Yu-Gi-Oh rightfully belongs to Kazuki Takahashi.

Tears of the Damned

The Millennium Eye

Yami Bakura had forced Ryou out of bed long ago, but that didn't really matter. He never seemed to get to sleep for very long anyway. It was not unusual for his yami to force him out of bed merely to beat him. However, this time was different. This time he had been forced to get dressed almost immediately after the beating, then pushed out the door into the pouring rain.

Despite the weather, the spirit insisted that they both run towards whatever destination his yami had planned to take them. Ryou had a difficult time keeping up with the yami, or even seeing him for that matter. There were no stars out that night, the moon wasn't visible, and the rain didn't help matters either. Finally, his yami grabbed his right arm, and began to pull him along behind him as he ran.

In the past Yami Bakura had often ridiculed Bakura for his weakness and lack of physical ability during his beatings. Normally his yami would have hit him and made a remark about how weak he was. His grip hurt, but it was nothing compared to what he usually got.

***

Finally, the spirit stopped in front of a large building. Bakura couldn't see what it was in the dark, but he knew that it would assist them in their 'quest' somehow. He knew his yami would never be kind enough to let him rest, even for a minute. He quickly checked his glow-in-the-dark watch. It was now a quarter to four. That would hopefully give them enough time to steal the eye.

As Ryou walked closer to the building he discovered it was an air port. If the white-haired teen had been fully awake he would have figured they would come here. He checked his pockets to make sure he had his wallet with him. The teen found it in his right pocket, and sighed in relief. He knew his yami would have been furious if he had left that behind.

Yami Bakura walked quickly towards the large building with Ryou following behind closely. The two pushed open the doors, and walked in briskly, receiving stares from the few occupants of the building. Neither seemed to care about the attention they received as they walked up to the front desk. The middle aged women that had previously been sitting quietly behind the desk, twiddling her thumbs, looked up to see what appeared to be an almost identical pair of teenage boys.

The women quickly regained her composure, and asked the two 'teens' a series of questions involving their flight; all of which were answered by Yami Bakura. Finally she asked them where they were planning to go, which Yami Bakura had casually answered 'New York. America'. The women told them that there was a flight to NY in an hour.

***

After spending an hour twiddling their thumbs and flipping through magazines dated as far back as 1987, they finally left to catch their flight. The spirit was particularly upset about having to wait for so long, and cursed several times under his breath. To Bakura's dismay, his yami had insisted they travel first class, so he was forced to use his credit card to pay for the flight.

When they finally got on the plane they sat in small, teal seats, that were surpassingly comfortable despite their appearance. Of course Yami Bakura was not pleased with them. He even complained to the flight attendant about them. Ryou just sighed and looked out the window. This was going to be a long flight!

***

Ryou felt relieved when they finally got off the plane, which landed in an air port in New York City. His yami had complained about everything from the seats to the peanuts that they had been given during the flight, and the couple to the left of them had given them strange looks throughout the entire flight! The brown-eyed teen was relieved to be back on solid ground again.

Yami Bakura walked out of the plane slowly. He was cursing audibly in ancient Egyptian; receiving stares from many of the other passengers. He turned to face them and shouted at them in rage. The passengers stepped back at the sudden outburst, and let the 'teen' leave in peace.

The white-haired looked at his darker side, and wondered why his yami wanted to go to America in the first place. As far as he knew Pegasus was still at the Millennium Kingdom. However, the millennium ring did have the power to detect other millennium items so the millennium eye must be here, somewhere.

Suddenly, Ryou felt a cold, clammy hand grab his shoulder. The boy didn't even have to turn around to know that it was his yami behind him. He had grown accustom to the feel of those hands over the time he had known him.

The spirit leaned closer to him and whispered in his ear, "We will make reservations at the Crystal Hotel. It is only a few miles from here, so we should be able to get there fairly quickly. If we get there within a few hours we can steal the eye with ease."

"Pegasus is staying at the Crystal Hotel?"

"Of course he is you dolt! Now get moving before its too late!"

***

Five minutes later both of the 'teens' were being driven toward the Crystal Hotel. Bakura had been very tired from all the running he had done previously, and had insisted they take a taxi, even if he had to pay for it.

Within minutes they reached the Crystal Hotel. The outside of the building looked amazing. It was about the size of a large mansion, and looked almost like something only celebrities could afford. There was a large set of doors in the very center of the building, with knobs that looked as if they were made of diamonds. Two golden lion status stood at the front or the building. Ryou sighed. He was going to be paying debts for three months, at least!

Ryou and his yami walked towards the hotel, and opened the doors slowly. They received even more stares in the hotel than they had in the air port! It wasn't exactly easy to go around unnoticed when you had a malicious looking twin following you where ever you go.

The two 'twins' walked up to the front desk slowly. Ryou asked for a small room, and nearly fainted when he found out how much that cost. Luckily, his parents were rich, but how would he ever explain this to them?

When they finally got to their room Bakura checked his watch once again. It was almost five o'clock. He was getting really tired, and the large, luxurious looking bed looked very inviting. Unfortunately, his yami would not let him rest until he had finished his task.

***

Minutes after entering their hotel room, Ryou and his yami left in search of Pegasus's room. According to the spirit, he was still fast asleep in his hotel room, and he wouldn't be up for hours. Though Bakura rarely believed his yami he agreed with him this time. After all, who would be up at this hour?

They walked slowly through the halls, until they came in front of a door marked '309'. Yami Bakura smiled evilly and slowly twisted the handle. He stepped in; finding Pegasus' sleeping form on the bed easily. It was almost as if he were waiting for them.

The two boys entered the room slowly, trying not to wake the occupant on the bed. He was snoring loudly enough to wake the dead, and he muttered Cecilia every now and than in his sleep.

Yami Bakura walked slowly up to the unconscious Pegasus. He slid his right hand closer and closer to the man's face. The spirit grabbed the eye. With great force he tore the eye from the man's head, and watched with satisfaction as the blood poured out of the empty socket.

Pegasus stirred slightly as the two intruders ran out. He got up and looked in the bathroom mirror to find his millennium eye was gone, and only a empty socket remained in its place.

***

Bakura and his yami flied back to Japan in a few hours. The trip had been fairly uneventful, and it was much easier to ignore the staring. His yami didn't seem to be able to ignore the extra attention, and yelled loudly at everyone who so much as looked at him.

When they finally got back to Bakura's house the white-haired teen was completely exhausted. He flopped on the couch and fell asleep almost immediately, unaware that his yami was watching him.

Author's Notes: I'm sorry it took me so long to update. My cousin has decided to stay for the week, and she's making life very difficult for me. I probably won't be able to update for a while, so please try to bear with me. I know it takes me a long time to update sometimes. -_-*

Apparently, I wasn't very clear near the ending of the 5th chapter. Hopefully, everything will be explained in the 7th.

I am planning to make this fanfic fifteen to twenty chapters long, and the rating may change to an R or NC-17 as it progresses.