Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of the Damned ❯ Critical Duel ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not claim own Yu-Gi-Oh! or any of its characters. They still all rightfully belong to Kazuki Takahashi. I am not making a profit from writing this fic so please don't sue me. All I own is a slightly outdated computer and the shirt on my back.

Author's Notes: I know its taken me awhile to upload. I have been experiencing technical difficulties. -_-* I am very sorry if I have caused anyone any inconvienence of any kind, and hopefully this will not happen again. I know I write very slowly, but I am very busy. Please find it in your heart to forgive me. T_T

Tears of the Damned

Trapped

Ryou woke up on the couch in his living room. He sat up and wondered why he would have fallen asleep in the first place. The white-haired teen glanced at a nearby clock. It was 11:30AM. Bakura rubbed his eyes and looked at the clock again, only to find it still read the same time.

The brown-eyed boy sat up and tried to recall how he had gotten there. His yami had forced him to go somewhere late at night, but where? The spirit had wanted something, but what? Whatever they had done last night it was very exausting.

Bakura slowly got off the couch, and walked towards the front door. His mucles ached with every step he took, but he didn't care. He knew that something was on the other side of that door that would explain what had happened the previous night. All he could remember right now was it somehow involved his yami.

***

Yugi woke up from yet another nightmare. He had been having nightmares ever since the day his millennium puzzle was taken, but this one scared him far more than the others. This nightmare was much more vivid than the others, and it had seemed so real. In the dream he would somehow end up in the shadow realm, and Yami Bakura would always be there. The spirit would hurt him badly in the dream, but this time he could actually feel the pain, and he bled so much more than he had in the previous dreams. Near the end of the dream the yami always said something about punishing him for something, but he was never sure of what, until now.

***

Dispite the pain in his mucles, Bakura finally managed to get to the door. The brown-eyed youth wondered if he had ever been this tired in his life, and how he had gotten so tired. He knew the only way to answer the second question would be to open the door.

The white-haired boy slowly turned the handle, and pulled the door open slightly. He causiously looked outside, and saw nothing unusual. He pulled the door open completly, and still saw nothing. He glanced downward and saw a large brown parcel at his door step. Ryou picked it up and brought it in the house with great difficulty.

Ryou managed to get it on the table, and opened it slowly. Inside a large box filled with yen. The teen eyed the box curiously, and wondered why anyone would give him money. It must have had something to do with whatever had happened last night.

The brown-eyed teen slowly counted the money, and placed it in a neat pile in front of himself. There was lots yen in the bag, more than enough to pay off his credit card debts. So, it did help him to some degree after all, but what did he do last night to end up being so far in debt in the first place, and who left him all this money.

Suddenly, Ryou noticed a small piece of paper at the bottom of the bag. He lifted the piece of paper close to his face because the writing was small and illegible, making it almost impossible to read. After looking at it for three minutes he finally made out, 'This is your reward, my light. Continue to obey me and I may decide to continue being so kind to you.

It all came back to him the moment he read that note. He had gone to America with his yami, and stole Pegasus' millennium eye. They had stayed at some ritsy hotel, and he had many debts to pay off his credit card by the end of their journey. His yami must have known his father would be suspicious if he had become that far in debt in such a short time, but where did the spirit get all this money?

***

After a quick breakfast Yugi quickly rushed out the door. He rased in the direction of Ryou's house, and got there in even less time than he had anticipated. The tri-haired teen walked up to the house slowly. He knocked on the door loudly three times.

The door opened very slowly. Standing behind it was his friend Ryou Bakura. The brown-eyed youth didn't have any new wounds, and the ones he did have were starting to heal, but he looked very tired. Yugi assumed that he had stayed up most of the night.

Bakura tried to smile, and let his friend inside. He hoped that his yami wasn't up yet. The white-haired boy knew that his yami was very upset with yugi, and he blamed yugi for forcing him to tell him about his predicament than he blamed him. His yami had always seemed to have a warped sence of justice, and Ryou had often questioned his yami's sanity.

Ryou told Yugi to sit down in the living room, while he went in the kitchen to make tea for them both. The teen quickly put some water in the kettle and set it on the stove. He looked in the cupboared, and found he only had green tea left. He asked his guest if that was fine, and his guest said it was alright.

As the taller of the two teens waited for the kettle to boil he noticed something shining in the corner of his eye. He walked slowly up the stares towards it. It appeared to be coming

inside his room. The teen noticed instantly as he looked through the open door, that it was the millennium eye, and the millennium puzzle.

Ryou walked slowly in the room, and grabbed the millennium items, expecting something terrible to happen. He waited for a second, nothing happened. The teen quickly left the room to show Yugi what he had found.

***

"Aibou, you are so naive." Yami Bakura muttered to himself. "You never would have guessed that I wanted you to find the millennium items. They were put there to test your loyalty to me, and you failed, my light. If you were more obident you would have left them there for me, but instead you took them from me; to give to Yami's light no doubt. I am sorry, but now I must punish you, and this time it will be far worse than anything I have done to you in the past. Then you will learn to obey me!"

***

"Yugi! Look what I found!" Bakura shouted as he ran down the stairs towards a very happy Yugi.

"Y-you found my millennium puzzle! Ryou you don't know how happy you've made me!" Yugi exclaimed as he ran towards the white-haired teen, and grabbed his millennium puzzle. He quickly put it around his neck, and smiled happily.

'Yami, are you there?' Yugi asked the occupant of the puzzle.

'Yes, aibou! You don't know how happy I am to here your voice. For the past couple of days I couldn't contact you, nor could I leave my soul room. I sensed an evil presents all the time, I believe it was Yami Bakura.'

'You are right Yami it was. I was so worried about you are you okay?'

'Yes. I'm fine now.'

'That's good.'

The small teen turned to his brown-eyed friend and said, "I think I should be going now Ryou, but is there any way I can thank you before I go? I know you risked alot by taking this from your yami."

"Actually, there is something I would like you to do for me Yugi. I would like to stay over at your place tonight. My yami will be very upset with me when he finds out what I've done, and I would hate to have to be alone with him."

"Of course you can, Ryou. My yami will protect us. Just leave your millennium ring here, okay."

"Okay."

***

Even though Ryou and Yugi knew that they were safe neither of them could seem to get to sleep. Eventually, both teens decided that they would just stay up, and watch T.V. They watched a bad horror movie for about fifteen minutes, then a lousy talk show for five minutes. Finally, they both settled on a cheesy romance film made in the 30s; it may have been boring, but at least it would put them to sleep.

At around three o'clock both of the boys were finally starting to get tired. The horrible romance movie had ended, and now a program advertising women's shaving cream came on. The youths' first reaction was to change the channel, but neither could find the remote control. They decided that they would watch it.

After they had watched the program for three minutes both boys slowly feel asleep. They knew that Yami was there protecting them, so what was the problem with letting their guard down for a litttle while. Anyway, Ryou had left his millennium ring at his house, so at least he couldn't take over Ryou's body.

***

Yami Bakura emerged from the ring only three minutes after Ryou had fallen asleep. He slowly walked out the door, and began walking to Yugi's house. Along the way he literally bumped into an insomniac who had decided to go for a walk. The spirit made sure the man paid dearly for that accident, but his aibou would suffer a far worse fate. His light had never obeyed him in the beginning, but now he was getting more and more uncooperative. He would have to force the boy to show him more respect, and his method would be painful, as always. Not just painful for his light, but painful for his pathetic friend as well.

Finally, the yami made it to Yugi's residence. He walked in as quietly as he had when he stole the millennium puzzle, and silently walked into the living room where the boy was wearing the millennium puzzle, as he had a few nights ago before it was stolen. As before, Yami Bakura crept towards the millennium puzzle, and attempted to grab it.

Before he could touch the millennium puzzle a figure emerged from the puzzle. The figure grimised slightly and yelled, "How dare you try to steal the puzzle! I will make you pay for your crimes!"

Bakura and Yugi woke up from their troubled sleep the moment Yami spoke. At first both teens were still too drowsy to fully understand what was going on, but once they woke up completly they were horrified. The two boys moved closer to Yami as if silently asking for protection; both shaking tremendosly.

Yami Bakura smiled evilly and looked in his lights direction then returned his gaze to the King of Games and uttered, "We will see if you can back up your words in a duel, if I win you must relinquish the puzzle and allow me to do as I please with my light, and yours. If you win you may keep the puzzle and both our lights will be spared."

"Agreed!"

Suddenly, the two yamis appeared in the shadow realm. Both looked gravly at his opponent, and shuffled his deck rapidly. Yami Bakura smiled evilly and shouted, "There will be a time limit of fifteen minutes!"

"Duel!"

Yami looked at his cards and smiled slightly. He played Celtic Guardian in attack mode.

Yami Bakura scowled for a second. He played the White Magical Hat in attack mode, and secretly placed a trap card on the field as well.

Yami scanned the two cards attack points. They Celtic Guardian's attack points were only slightly higher than the White Magical Hat's. He must have played a trap card, so it wouldn't be wise to attack. Instead he played the Beaver Warrior in defense mode.

The tomb robber smiled. Yami may have figured out about the trap card, but he didn't figure out his real plan. The king of games must be losing it after all these years. He laid down the dark tutor, which raised his monster's attack points, and attacked the Celtic Guardian, lowering Yami's life points to 1500.

The king of games scowled. It was this early in the game, and he was already starting to lose life points. He scanned his hand and grimenced. There was nothing in his hand that could help him. He drew a card from the deck, knowing the heart of the cards would never fail him. He had drawn the Dark Magician. He played it in attack mode, and lowered Yami Bakura's life points to 1600.

Yami Bakura scanned his cards. He smiled widely as he saw the man-eater-bug. He played it on the field, and destroyed Yami's Dark Magician, lowing the king of games life points to 1000.

Yami scanned his hand. There was nothing there once again, so he picked a card from the deck. It was completely usless. He passed his turn.

The evil spirit grinned, and played the Headless Knight in attack mode. He attacked the Beaver Warrior.

Yami drew another card from his deck. It was a magic card. He scanned his deck only to find all he had were magic and trap cards. He grimenced knowing the tomb robber could now attack his life points directly. He passed his turn.

The tomb robber grinned, and attacked the king of game's life points directly. Yami now had only 700 life points.

Yami drew another card from his deck. It was the Summoned Skull. He played it in attack mode, and attacked the Headless Knight. Yami Bakura now had only 800 life points. He could win fairly easily now.

Yami Bakura scowled. Purhaps he wouldn't win this duel. Yami had only 100 less life points than he did, and he had a strong monster on the field. It would be difficult to win now. He sighed and glanced at the remaining time. They had only 1 minute and thirty-three left. He smiled evilly, and sat pretending to be trying to make some sort of strategy.

Yami began to sweat. If Yami Bakura didn't make a move soon he would automatically win because he had higher life points. That's what he was doing, waiting until the time was up so he would win. That bastard! He couldn't win this duel with skill alone, which is why he must have set a time limit. There was nothing he could do now, though. He had agreed and now he had lost.

The time was up! Yami Bakura smiled evilly and shouted, "I have won! Now you and your aibou will be trapped in the shadow realm forever!"

Author's Notes: I know I really sux at writing about duels, and I know I shouldn't even try. I didn't plan this one it just sort of happened. Well hopefully this is the last time I try in this fic anyways. -_-*

The next chapter is where it starts to get angusty, and I may have to up the rating to R or NC-17. If you don't like angust just don't continue reading this fic. There will not be any yaoi/yuri in this fic, and most likely no henti.

I know I was suppose to explain the ending paragraph of chapter 5 in this fic, but I don't want to make this chapter any longer. I'll try to explain it in chapter 8.

Since school is coming up in a few days I won't be able to write in awhile. I will still continue to write, but not often. You will just have to bear with my slowness for awhile. I will write as often as I can.