Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Broken Mirror ❯ Lost... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! Or any of its characters themes or anything else, it all belongs to Kazuki Takahashi, except the scenario, which belongs to me, but that's it…
*****
Chapter 1: Lost…
*****
Seto was sitting in his usual seat behind Yugi, waiting for the usual end of day announcements to end. Absent-mindedly, he was staring at the back of Yugis head. He had always known he'd loved him, but was so afraid that Yugi wouldn't accept him. Next to Yugi, Yami was sitting, playing with his pencil, and next to Seto, behind Yami, was Joey. Abruptly, the announcements ended, and Set was brought out of his trance.
 
“Kaiba? Are you okay?” Yugi was looking at him with concerned amethyst eyes.
 
“I'm okay, Yugi. Just a little sleepy.” Seto was a little tired from staying up so late working on projects for Kaiba Corp.
 
“Okay, but you look a little flushed, that's all” `Well, of course I'm flushed, I'm in love with you for Ra knows how long now.' Seto thought. He picked up his stuff and followed the crowd out of the classroom to leave for home.
 
*****
 
When he got home, Seto found a note left by his brother in the hallway. The note read “Seto, I'm going over to a friend's for a few days. Hope you and Yugi sort things out together.” Seto briefly wondered how Mokuba had found out how he felt for Yugi, but then dismissed the thought. He had already done his homework, so he would just finish up his project.
 
*****
 
Yugi sighed as he and Yami walked in the door. “We're home, Grandpa!” Yami seemed to know that Yugi had something on his mind, so he told Yugi to go watch a movie or something before he did his homework. Yugi agreed. He wanted to tell Yami that he had feelings for Seto, but couldn't bring himself to say it. He decided to let Yami do what he wanted without having to worry about him.
 
*****
The next day, Yugi was staring into space, thinking about his homework, trying to see if he had all he needed, and almost ran into Seto.
 
“U- um, excuse me.” Yugi turned bright red. It took him a minute to realize who he was about to run into. When he realized it was Seto, his face turned deeper red. “Oh! Seto! I'm sorry!”
 
“It's okay, Yugi, you were lost in thought, that's all.” Seto seemed to smile a little tenderly, but Yugi didn't notice. He was more worried about the fact that Seto forgave him instead of getting mad at him.
 
“Um, but I almost ran into you! I'm such a klutz! I'm sorry!”
 
“It's okay. You obviously had something on your mind.”
 
“R-really?!” Yugi turned an even deeper red than before.
 
“Really. Now class is starting, we'd better sit down.” Seto said. He walked over to his desk and sat down. Yugi did the same.
 
*****
Disclaimer: Sorry if this is a little short, but I'm supposed to be sick today *cough, cough* and I don't have much time. If you like how this is going, please review, and I will continue. And by the way, this is mi first fanfic, so go easy on me.