Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Truthfully, in My Soul ❯ Meeting Neferue ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: Meeting Neferue
 
Disclaimer: All Yu-Gi-Oh! characters belong to Kazuki Takahashi. Neferue is my character.
 
Suddenly, noticed a commotion outside. Looking down from the balcony, Atemu saw a carriage being pulled up to the palace by four white horses. The horses stopped at the palace gate. Out walked a beautiful girl in a white silk dress that reaches down to her ankles. A sheer cloth embraced her shoulders like a scarf. Her lips were touched up by red ochre (the ancient Egyptian form of lipstick), her soft and silky ebony hair scented in myrrh and lavender, her eyes laced in dark henna. This must be Princess Neferue, Atemu thought.
 
He could indeed see that this girl had become indeed beautiful as everyone said she would be. She had grown up to live to the meaning of the first part of her name. He decided to go down and meet her, just to be polite.
 
The pharaoh, followed by Mana, walked down the stairs to greet the new queen. She was now standing in the royal hall of the pharaoh, eagerly waiting to meet her future husband. When Atem finally got downstairs, they finally saw each other face to face in years.
 
“Um, hello,” Atemu said; he really had no idea of what else to say.
 
Neferue just looked at the pharaoh. “I'm glad to meet you too, my pharaoh,” she said sweetly and politlely. “I hope that you and I can get along well in the upcoming days.”
 
This isn't the NeferueI remember, Atemu thought. She was originally mean to me when we were little. Perhaps she has changed much since I saw her last.
 
Neferue then looked at the pharaoh with her eyes, with a kind of loving look to them. Atemu noticed that her eyes were a dark rich brown, a set of two mesmerizing disks that emanated from her face. But something about those eyes bothered him. It was said that that peering into one's eyes was like staring through the window of a person's soul, and when he stared into her eyes, he felt that something was wrong. It felt almost like a feeling of emptiness.
 
Still, he couldn't quite put his finger on it.
 
In the meantime, Mana was watching these events unfold in front of her. It seemed like only yesterday that she and the prince were playing in the palace garden. Now those days were gone, the pharaoh had to take care of a kingdom, he was to be wed in the ensuing months. Time travels quickly when your friend is someone who is forced to grow up fast, Mana thought.