Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Truthfully, in My Soul ❯ A Pharaoh Found ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 13: A Pharaoh Found
 
Disclaimer: All Yu-Gi-Oh! character belong to Kazuki Takahshi. I own the character Neferue and I own the town of Riyah.
 
An expansive search seemed to pay off for Neferue. She had found the hidden oasis town of Riyah.
 
As she neared the town, she noticed two figures sitting out in the sand. They were a significant distance away from her, located on the opposite edge of the settlement, so they didn't notice her.
 
Neferue squinted at the two figures to see who they were. It didn't take long for her to determine that this was the indeed Atemu and Mana: the pharaoh's hair and the magician girl's cap were a blatant giveaway.
 
So, this is where you're hiding, pharaoh, Neferue said to herself silently. And I told you, little Mana, to stay away from him. You're nothing more than a concubine. And she watched the two carefully before plotting her next move.
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
The next morning, the sun was bright, as usual. Rays of light began to flood room where Mana lay sleeping lightly, and they began to warm her face, waking her up. With a stretch and a yawn, she got out of bed and proceeded gaily to Atemu's room to wake him up.
 
But, as she opened the door to his bedroom, he was not there. She noticed that the bed was empty. Suddenly, the whinnying of a horse could be heard from outside. She ran off to the window to see what was going on.
 
She saw Atemu outside, on his horse, and…he was riding away?!
 
Ouji-sama, Mana wondered, where are you going? She headed towards the front door, only to notice someone blocking the pathway. A shocked gasp fell from her mouth…the one blocking her doorway was Neferue.
 
“What…what are you doing here?” Mana asked. “And what have you done to him?”
 
Neferue just smiled with deceit. “Oh, nothing,” she said with a smirk. “I just made him come to his senses so that he will come back to the palace. As for you, I'm feeling a bit merciful today, so I won't do anything to you. All I'm going to say is: Don't bother to come back because he doesn't want you anymore.”
 
Before Mana could speak out, Neferue walked off with dramatic flair to join Atemu's journey to Egypt.
 
You're lying, Mana thought. I don't know what you did to Atemu, but I intend to reverse it. Despite the threats from Neferue, she still decided to proceed to Egypt anyway and find out what's going on.