Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Truthfully, in My Soul ❯ Return to the Palace ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 14: Return to the Palace
 
Disclaimer: All Yu-Gi-Oh! character belong to Kazuki Takahshi. I own the character Neferue.
 
Mana finally reached the palace gates at long last. The size of the royal entrance loomed above her. Despite the fact that she had faced this entrance so many times before, she still stood in fear and awe of it all.
 
She proceeded to run inside to the palace to find Atemu, but soon, two guards appeared and blocked her path with their long and sharp spears.
 
“Hey, no one's allowed inside the palace without permission from the pharaoh,” one of the guards declared.
 
What? Mana was surprised. She was always allowed inside and outside of the palace before. “But…but I'm a student of the palace!” she told the guard. “Aren't I allowed inside?”
 
“Yes, well,” the second guard began, “were not happy with you using the freeze spell on us. How do we know that you're not going to freeze us again?” A nervous embarrassment fell across the young girl's face.
 
“Let her pass,” a voice declared. Mana turned around to see the priestess Isis.
 
“Um, yes, of course,” the guards stammered. They had to yield to the important members of the pharaoh's high court.
 
“Oh, thank you Isis!” Mana yelled out, and she proceeded to enter inside the palace.
 
“Mana, wait!” Isis called out, but it was too late; Mana had already left to find Atemu.
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
Mana ran from corridor to corridor, looking for Atemu. It didn't take her long. As she ran across the courtyard, she noticed him standing on the balcony. He was dresses in the traditional royal style, making him look powerful and majestic in nature.
 
The balcony was directly connected to the royal bedchamber, so she decided that she had better hurry there. But, then, she noticed the curtain behind Atemu ruffle. Neferue had stepped out into the open and clung onto the pharaoh's left arm.
 
Mana watched as Atemu turned to Neferue. She watched as he picked up his hand and began to stroke Neferue's hair. [What is he doing? Mana wondered.]
 
Mana watched as Atemu let his hands get tangled in Neferue's raven black hair. Then, he leaned in close. It was as if he were possessed. [But…he's in love with me, Mana thought.]
 
Mana watched as his lips fell upon those of Neferue's.
 
She almost couldn't take it anymore. Her heart, nearly broken, told her race upstairs. She went as quickly as she could, as fast as her feet could carry her. It was only took a few minutes to reach the pharaoh's bedchamber, but, for, her, it felt like an eternity.
 
Finally, she managed to reached the chamber door.