Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Black Widow Miko ❯ Unexpected Propositions ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Thanks so much for the huge vote of confidence! I love you guys!! This chapter is to move and define some relationships, though there is at least one more reveal about the past. I won’t say more than that because this chapter is so uber-long, it’s just ridiculous. (And I want to get to work on the next chapter!)

DISCLAIMER: “InuYasha” and “YuYu Hakusho” belong to Takahashi and Togashi. That’s only fair, since I own Wal-Mart and McDonald’s. Oh, wait, -- I just spend all my money there. That’s not quite the same thing, is it? Darn it.

talking
mental/telepathic conversations - “Hiei” “Kurama” “Youko
(thoughts to self)
dreams

Black Widow Miko

---------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------
Last time:

She left the garden and headed for the open field, hoping for some cool breezes to clear her mind and lower her temperature. When she reached the field, she remembered the lake and quickly made her way there. (Perfect. Just what I need to shake this lingering heat.) She quickly shed her robe and sleeping yukata, and immediately dived into the chilly waters. Remembering what Shippou had told her about the far side being shallow enough that she could stand up in it, she crossed the entire lake underwater before surfacing and gulping in air in reaction to the shock of the cold. (Damn, it‘s freezing!) Before she had another thought, a voice from right behind her growled in her ear.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing, onna?”
---------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------


Chapter Five: Unexpected Propositions


Startled, Kagome whirled around and summoned her purifying powers to her hands, ready to fight to protect herself. Seeing the growing pink glow, Hiei quickly grabbed her and took her under the water, holding her down until the burning sensation where she had grabbed his shoulders stopped and she began to clutch desperately at them instead. He could feel her growing limp, and although he briefly had the thought that it would be so much easier if he just went ahead and drowned her now, he was so furious that she had attacked him that he was determined to find out why. She had nothing to gain by killing him, -- as a matter of fact, it would almost assuredly get her caught. He hauled her up and was surprised when she threw her arms around his neck and clung to him.

Kagome was struggling to breathe, and she knew she couldn’t support herself, so she held on tightly to her attacker as she gasped for air, choking and sputtering as she did. She wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. If he was going to try to drown her again, she was taking him with her.

Hiei closed his eyes and groaned. He had been shocked when the onna had walked over to the lake. What could she possibly want to talk to him about at this time of night that she had come looking for him? And just when he thought he could get out of the water and go back to his room to try again to get a little rest, too. Damn onna. Then she had stripped off her clothes and dived into the water. For just a second he had thought what a shame it was that it was a moonless night tonight, because even with his youkai sight, he hadn’t gotten more than a glimpse of her. Then, she had surfaced so near him he could reach out and touch her, and the first thing she did was try to purify him! Oh, he was beyond furious. Who the hell did she think she was? Who the hell did she think he was that he would just stand there and let her do it? He wasn’t one of her lovestruck, cock-brained mates.

And now, she was completely pressed against him, and he was acutely aware of the fact that neither one of them had a stitch of clothing on. Here he was, ready to kill her if need be, and his treacherous body was insisting that if he had to plunge something into her soft, smooth, wet body, that rather than put his hand in her gut, he should use another appendage and aim a little lower. And said appendage was reaching out to go for it. Hell, if he got any harder, he might end up gutting her with it anyway. And he really didn’t want to have to explain a strange puncture wound on her body to Koenma.

As her labored breathing continued to push her soft, full breasts into his chest, he finally demanded, “What is your game, bitch?” He tried to push her away so he could shake her, but she held on even tighter and wrapped her legs around his waist. His mind went blank for a minute. (What the …? Is she …? Should I …?) Her movement had trapped his hard length against her stomach, but it would only take a slight tilt of the hips to …

“If you … think … that you’re going to … kill me, … you’re … going down, … too!” She managed to get out between breaths. She had finally realized who her attacker was, but she had no idea why -- unless he was really working for one of their enemies in the Makai and had just taken on this “bodyguard” job as a cover. Actually, the more she thought about it, the more it made sense. He had always been unreasonably hostile towards her.

Too consumed by his own overpowering arousal to think about what she had said, Hiei snapped, “Make up your mind, onna, -- are you trying to kill me or fuck me?”

“Wha …? What?!!?” Now she pulled back to look at him. “You’re the one who tried to kill me!” Then the second part of what he’d said sank in, and she became aware of the fact that they were both completely naked and she was wrapped around him like … like … “Oh Sweet Mercy!” Kagome could feel the heat spreading throughout her body. Hai, she was blushing like nobody’s business, but for just a second there, she was tempted to see what was behind door # 2. She quickly untangled herself from him and jumped down. She tried to back away, but he held onto her. “I think there’s been some kind of misunderstanding here,” she started babbling.

Hiei stared at her. Was she really saying she didn’t come out here to try to purify him? Because he had the burns to prove it. “And just how did I misunderstand these?” He let go with one hand to point to the burns on his shoulders.

“You attacked me and tried to drown me -- did you really think I wasn’t going to defend myself?” she accused him angrily.

“You’re the one who sought me out here and tried to turn me into ash -- how did you expect to get away with it? It would have been obvious you were the guilty one this time.”

“I didn’t come here looking for you. I was … hot, and I decided to cool off with a swim,” she squirmed just a bit when she said that. “I didn’t know you were here.”

He narrowed his eyes at her. “Don’t give me that, onna. You’ve always been able to sense me -- even when I mask my aura.”

“Gomen nasai. I was … distracted. I honestly didn’t know you were here,” she admitted quietly. “Truly,” she added. (Damn it! Master Zhang is right -- I’m going to get myself or my sons killed if I don’t get this under control.) But she didn’t have the slightest idea how to do that because there was no way she was going to take another mate. She shook herself out of those thoughts to deal with the current situation. Sensing Hiei’s disbelief, she started to get angry again. “Why the heck would I strip down to murder you?” That logic applied to him as well, she realized. This really was just a huge misunderstanding.

“To distract me, just like you probably did with your mates,” he answered smoothly.

“Oh for gosh sakes! This is ridiculous! What possible reason could I have to kill you? Let me heal those burns and get dressed, and we can pretend this whole thing never happened.”

He looked at her for a few minutes as if assessing her words. He was forced to concede that it was possible this was all an accident, and that she had just been startled into trying to defend herself. She might be a killer, but he didn’t think she was stupid. And trying to kill him right here like this would have been stupid, unless she was planning to take out the whole team. And right now, they were helping her sons. So, perhaps she was telling the truth. He wondered what had her so distracted that she had taken off her clothes and jumped into a lake without noticing there was a youkai swimming here. But that thought just reminded him that he was still holding her and she was still naked. If he were the fox, he probably would have pulled her back against him and said something like, “Why would we want to pretend this never happened?” Then he would have proceeded to convince her to wrap those legs back around his waist and finish what she had started, even if it had been unintentional. But he wasn’t Kurama. And he wished he could use the Jagan on himself so he could go beyond pretending and actually forget this had ever happened. Because so help him, he wasn’t sure he was ever going to fit into his pants again.

So, his only response was to let go of her and turn away. “Go back to the house.”

He was surprised when she touched his arm and tugged it lightly until he turned back around to face her. “What is it now, onna?” he asked, completely exasperated, and wanting nothing more than to get as far away from her as he could before he proved he was just as susceptible to a female’s wiles as the rest of his miserable gender. It was a humbling realization, and he was determined not to give in to it.

“Just be still for a moment,” she said. And her hands started to glow again as she reached out to touch his shoulder. He jerked away from her, and he could tell by the tone of her voice that she was rolling her eyes at him when she said, “Oh, stop it. I’m just going to heal those burns.”

He stared at her, then stood still. “Hn.”

She reached out again and lightly ran her fingers around the burned areas before placing her hands over them. He tensed at the first touch of her power on his skin, then relaxed as he felt soothing waves of pleasant warmth course through him. His eyes almost drifted close in contentment.

For her part, Kagome was beginning to feel unsettled. She hadn’t really noticed before how extremely well-built the fire demon was. Hai, she had thought him attractive, but it was easy to overlook that in light of his rudeness. And she had never really been one to ogle a man’s body anyway, -- except for her mates -- and that had been after they were already mated. Plus, Hiei was usually wearing that long cloak, so she really hadn’t looked at him all that closely. But even the darkness of the night couldn’t hide the fact that underneath her hands was some very firm and nicely-muscled flesh. And she couldn’t help but suddenly remember the way he had felt when she had realized they were both naked and she was wrapped around him. (Oh, damn.) She could feel her body heating up again, and this time it had nothing to do with embarrassment and everything to do with plain, bald-faced desire. She quickly pulled her hands away from him. “Well, then, … good night.” And she swam back across the lake, got out and quickly wrapped her robe around herself. Then she picked up her yukata and headed back to the house, knowing that chances were she wasn’t going to get any more sleep that night.

After she was gone, Hiei mumbled a string of curses to himself, then groaned in irritation. He looked down at himself and then glared at his right hand. There was simply no help for it. He had a feeling that until this whole damn mess was over, he was going to get more intimately acquainted with that hand than he had been since coming into his own sexual awakening when he was 200. Hai, he knew that was considerably later than most types of youkai, who usually hit that stage during their hundred-years of puberty or soon after it, (except for kitsunes, Youko had boasted once, whose awakening was usually what triggered their hundred-years -- no wonder they were so damn good at seduction -- they had a hundred-year head start on all other youkai). But Hiei chalked his late awareness up to the Koorime blood in his veins. Everyone knew that as a race of self-reproducing youkai, their sex drive was incredibly underdeveloped. Just look at Yukina. Thank goodness.

Of course, once he had hit that stage, the fire youkai blood of his father had made itself known. In striking contrast to the Koorime, hiyoukai were known for their strong sex drives, and had a reputation for being rather brutal with their partners, which is why so few of them took any other kind of youkai as mates. That was also why it cost Hiei double if he ever wanted to hire the services of a youkai whore, even though he was nowhere near as rough as a full-blooded hiyoukai.

So, when he had first felt those stirrings when he turned 200, as an outkast who was already known for his rather sadistic methods of killing, there hadn’t been too many females willing to brave his ire and his heritage to crawl into bed with him. Not liking to give in to a perceived weakness, he had soon decided he would rather redirect those kinds of urges than have to satisfy himself or put up with any female nonsense anyway. And again, perhaps it was due to his Koorime blood that he was so successful at turning his lustful desires into bloodlust instead. Oh, he indulged himself with a female from time to time, when it wouldn’t interfere with anything else he was doing, but it was always the physical urge that led him to seek a female -- not a female leading to uncontrollable desires. Sure, he found some females more attractive than others, and felt the normal physical reactions -- he could appreciate beauty as well as any other male. He was just able to control his response to them. And he wasn’t about to fuck one he found distasteful simply because he was in the mood to fuck. But for his purposes, one female was pretty much like another, and even if he did find a particular female attractive enough to get a rise out of him, he didn’t feel it necessary to pursue her, in particular, because there were any number of ones acceptable enough to slake those desires, if and when he chose to.

And that was yet another reason why this whole situation with the miko was rapidly becoming intolerable -- because this maddening condition of his body was in direct response to her, and for some inexplicable reason, he couldn’t control it, redirect it, or sate it with someone else. It wasn’t a vague physical need to fuck that had him looking around and upon spotting her, saw her as an acceptable outlet, -- no, on the contrary, the damned onna was causing his body to act up, time and time again, and that was not acceptable.

He had gone into the Makai to kill things after she had been missing for 2 days, and he had run across a demoness that he actually considered exceptionally attractive. After a couple of minutes of thought, he had shrugged his shoulders and decided he might as well get rid of his problem directly and be done with it. But as he approached her, he felt the incessant urge that had been plaguing him for almost a month completely dissipate, so he had turned around and come back to the house. He had no more than stepped back inside his room than the thought that the blasted onna wasn’t back yet had made the damn need rise up again. Literally.

So. Here he was, having spent a good twenty minutes swimming in a freezing cold lake to give himself some relief from a completely unwarranted and unwanted desire for a celestial/ningen onna he was investigating for 3 murders, and he was still going to have to take matters in hand. (I should have drowned her when I had the chance.)
---------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------


“Mas ter Zhang!” Kagome sputtered.

“Come, daughter. I will be waiting outside,” the old man grinned, as he slung the bucket over his shoulder and walked out of her room.

Kagome poked her head out the door, muttering under her breath about eccentric Chinese priests, and was greeted with the sight of her three sons, Shippou, and Kuwabara all standing in the hallway laughing. Glaring at them, she slammed her door shut and shimmied out of her wet yukata to get dressed for the day’s training. She joined Zhang and together they headed out to the open field. The others caught up with them and began their morning routine. After the Tai Chi Ch’uan forms had been performed, everyone else headed for the dojo and Kagome and Zhang set up their black barrier again.

“I know you wish for me to instruct you with the jian, as you desire a more direct form of attack to use in battle. But right now you lack the necessary single-minded concentration to be effective. You know what my advice is regarding that. So for now, we will concentrate on this technique I witnessed Wang Yan Lum execute when he was the number one seat of the Canton Ten Tigers. I believe you can adapt it well to your snake style. Do you remember what I told you about it yesterday?”

“Hai. It was originally known as the Lion Roar style until it became known for its creator, Lama Dai-Dot. This Lama Kung Fu is more popularly known these days as Tibetan Hop Gar,” she replied.

“And what are the 4 principles of this style?”

“Sim - Evade. Jeet - Intercept. Chun - Penetrate. And Chon - Destroy -- no negotiation.”

“Correct. This melds well with the snake style’s precept of evading instead of blocking, though the focus is more on footwork rather than using the whole body. Instead, you will learn to employ the eight fists, kicks, and grips rather than relying on a single strike to take down your opponent. This will make you more effective when facing numerous adversaries, when it is not practical to keep looking for that perfect moment to strike. You will create the moment. Now, let’s begin with the eight fists.”

When the barrier came down at lunchtime, Daitano started cursing under his breath. “Master Zhang, can you not teach her something without injuring her?”

“It’s just a split lip, Daitano. Nothing to get excited about,” his mother told him.

“Perhaps, but before long we’ll have to turn this field into a garden with all the lilies that will be blooming here,” Eishumaru pointed to three small circles of dead grass.

“Hai,” Sassouta chipped in, “and you should start wearing your black uniforms instead of the white ones because the blood won’t show up so much on them,” he pointed to the red drops on the front of her tunic. “Nice eye, too,” he gestured to her left eye, which was bruised and almost swollen shut.

She laughed, then grabbed her side. “Ow! Please don’t make me laugh.”

“The ribs, too, huh?” Eishumaru asked.

“What the hell are you teaching her -- how to take a beating?” Yusuke wanted to know.

Zhang just smiled. “Ah, no. She already does that quite well.”

“Sifu!”

“Here, Kagome,” Shippou crouched down and gestured for her to climb on his back. “I’ll take you away from all these critics and naysayers, and we’ll get first crack at lunch.”

“Arigatou! I think that’s an excellent idea, Shippou,” she said, as she slid into place. Then he was off and running.

“Hey! No fair!” And Sassouta and Eishumaru took off after them, with Ginta and Hakkaku following. Kuwabara almost joined in, but decided to hang back with his teammates so they wouldn’t make fun of him for acting like a kid.

“Master Zhang, may I ask what you are teaching her now?” Daitano fell in step with the priest.

“A method I was privileged to witness over 200 years ago: Tibetan Hop Gar. It will be more effective when she is facing greater numbers.”

“So you are not teaching her swordsmanship?” the inuyoukai asked.

“No.” Zhang stopped and regarded Daitano seriously, completely ignoring the detectives, who had dropped back to try to stay a discreet distance away, yet still within hearing range. “Your mother is not at her best. She has lost her focus. It would be a mistake for her to engage in battle.”

The shock on Daitano’s face was evident even from a distance. “Okaa-san has always been the most focused person I know, except for you, of course, sifu. What is the problem?” he asked quietly.

“Something has stirred up the ghosts from her past. Or perhaps, she simply can’t keep them at bay any longer. I have already given her my advice. It is up to her to follow it as she will.”

Daitano clenched his fists, but nodded his understanding, and the two walked on in silence.

After watching them walk out of sight, the Spirit Detectives veered off in a slightly different direction. “Well, that was certainly interesting. I would not have guessed that our widow was so unsettled. I told you she was very good at keeping things hidden. She doesn’t let it show,” Kurama commented.

“No,” Yusuke agreed. “She always seems so calm.”

“She doesn’t like for her sons to worry about her,” Kuwabara observed.

“Or she doesn’t want to let us know she is disturbed. I wonder if it is because she is afraid we will find something that has her so ruffled?” Kurama mused.

“Hn.” Hiei frowned slightly. She had said last night that she was distracted, and he could definitely attest to the fact that she could easily get herself killed that way. Was it her guilt that was making her careless? Or could Kurama be right and she was worrying that they would uncover proof of her deeds? If that was the case, then that meant there was definitely something to be uncovered. They needed to stop playing around here and start finding some answers. Even if they accepted the probability that Kouga had been killed by the so-called “Death Touch,” she hadn’t known that technique when she was with the other two. They still didn’t even know how the other two Taiyoukai had been killed. A low, frustrated growl escaped him.

What is it, Hiei?

We don’t know much more than we did when we got to Kakuremichi. It doesn’t sit well with me to have to keep tiptoeing around, just waiting for information to fall into our laps, instead of going out and asking questions directly. The need to keep their return a secret is hindering our progress.

I know, but we don’t have any choice in the matter. However, we have yet to corner two key sources of information right here who should be able to shed some light on what happened to Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru, namely Myouga and Jaken. And with Lord Yemon coming, we may be able to find out more about Kouga. Hopefully, we will only need to be patient for a while longer before we have the answers we seek.

Hn.

< i>Of course, we still need to tell everyone at the house that Lord Yemon is coming.” Out loud, Kurama cleared his throat. “We should return to the house. I think it’s time we let them know they will be having a visitor tomorrow. I will be interested to see our widow’s reaction to Lord Yemon’s proposal.”

Hmph. I’d be more interested if we had managed to secure her affections already.

That really couldn’t be helped with her being gone for 6 of the last 8 days. Are you afraid you cannot win her over a rival? -- An ookami, at that?” Kurama taunted Youko.

Youko arched a brow. “Are you challenging me now, Red?

I am merely pointing out the need for continued effort, -- we cannot allow her to accept him.

Then tonight, you will relinquish complete control to me.

All right.

Good. Finally, we’re going to have some real fun,” the kitsune chuckled.
------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------


When the detectives joined the others at the house, they discovered they had already been informed of the impending visit of the current Lord of the Northern lands. Botan was standing there in the living room with the three boys, and was looking quite distressed under their angry gazes.

“Do you really expect us to believe that the Reikai had nothing to do with him finding out? We’re not stupid. You’ve probably got the whole Makai in an uproar by sending your spies to ‘discreetly’ investigate our mother,” Daitano accused her.

“Hell, we might as well gather our allies now and just launch an assault instead of wasting our time trying to prepare for individual challenges,” Eishumaru declared. “I thought the Reikai hoped to avoid all-out civil war, but you are going to leave us no choice. The coming bloodshed will be on your shoulders.”

Botan cast a desperate look at the Spirit Detectives, and Kurama stepped forward. “It is understandable that you are upset at the news that a few rumors of your return have leaked out, but that is no reason to put Botan on the spot like this. She had nothing to do with it.”

Eishumaru turned to face the sensei he had been coming to regard as a friend and sneered. “I should have known. You all are simply here pretending to help us. How foolish of me to forget that your loyalty is to the Reikai, since you’ve all sold your souls to them in exchange for getting to live in the Ningenkai where you can pretend you’re superior to everyone around you. Well, your ‘help’ is no longer needed,” his voice dripped with contempt.

His eyes flashing gold, Kurama fixed him with a cold stare. “You would do well to remember who you are speaking to. You may be the son of a Taiyoukai, and one of the so-called “heirs to the Makai,” but you are in no way my equal, and if you think to challenge me, you will quickly find out just how slim your chances are of ever regaining your lands.”

A voice from the stairwell drew everyone’s attention. “I don’t know what is going on here, or why, but I didn’t raise my sons to be so rude. Eishumaru, you will apologize.”

The tall inuyoukai locked gazes with the woman who was rapidly approaching them. He then turned to Kurama and executed a stiff bow. “Gomen nasai.”

“You three will go meet with Jaken in his office right now. Lady Botan, my apologies if any of us have offended you. I would appreciate it if you would wait here so I can talk to you in a moment. I have a request for Lord Koenma.” Kagome came to a stop in front of Kurama, facing him and the other detectives with her sons behind her. Very quietly she said, “I would like a word with you, if you please.” And she walked out of the room.

Kurama followed her through the house and out the back doors into the garden. She turned and looked at him, and in a very mild tone of voice said, “As you know, my sons are still very young, and are apt to get caught up in the heat of the moment and make rash statements or actions, as all young people are. I seem to recall a young kitsune making an ill-advised trespass onto a dangerous Taiyoukai’s private lands. I am not excusing Eishumaru’s behavior, and I assure you I will speak to him about it.” She paused briefly, then fixed him with a deadly calm stare. “However, even if they are out of line, I will not stand by and let you or anyone else threaten them. I know exactly who you are, Youko Kurama, and what you are capable of. You are not the only one with contacts in the Makai. It is true that none of my sons have attained the level of skill necessary to face an opponent of your power by themselves yet, but then again, they don’t have to, because I will always stand beside them. And you may think you know what I’m capable of, but let me warn you, you have no idea.”

The avatar leaned down and stared intently into her eyes with a smirk on his face. Then he leaned even closer and a low, deep chuckle rumbled against her ear. “Very well-said, my lady. I am well aware that Eishumaru was letting his tongue get ahead of his better judgment, but he needed to be reminded why it is unwise to let that happen. You know as well as I do that that kind of mistake could cost him his life, and it is a lesson better learned sooner rather than later.” Then he ever-so-lightly brushed his cheek against hers before whispering, “And I do think I am aware of your capabilities, and it just adds to the intrigue.” Then he straightened up and reached for her hand, placing it on his arm. “Shall we go back in now?”


Meanwhile, back in the living room, Botan was ringing a peal over the other detectives’ heads. “Why didn’t you tell them before now? I had no idea they didn’t know yet or I would have watched what I said. I didn’t mean to cause such a scene.”

“Hn. Then you shouldn’t have appealed to the fox for rescue and forced him to confront them like that,” Hiei said bluntly.

“I can’t believe Kagome took Kurama’s side over her son’s,” Kuwabara shook his head slowly.

“She didn’t, you baka. Just what do you think she is saying to him now?” Hiei rolled his eyes at him.

Yusuke looked at him curiously. “What do you think she’s saying to him?”

“Just how stupid are you, detective? Regardless of whatever else she is, the miko seems to be a fiercely protective mother. I imagine she is letting him know in no uncertain terms that she didn’t take kindly to his threats, however much the inu deserved them.” And Hiei knew he was right about that, however foreign the concept seemed to him, having been cast out as a child to fend for himself or die. He had to confess, too, that he was a bit impressed with the way she had handled it -- forcing her son to apologize and then taking Kurama aside to speak to him. It actually spoke highly of her sensibilities, and it had even drawn a small, grudging respect from him, because she would have been doing the boy no favors to back him up right then and there. It would only encourage such foolish behavior and get the idiot killed the next time he shot off his mouth to someone older, wiser, and more experienced.

Kuwabara’s eyes got wide. “What do you think Kurama will do?”

Hiei shrugged. “One never knows with the fox. Depending on his mood, and how she speaks to him, he could rip her throat out or try to shove his tongue down it. I think either would appeal to him equally.”

“Rip her throat out?!!? We’re talking about Kurama, not you, shrimp. He wouldn’t do that,” Kuwabara said disbelievingly.

“Do not confuse Kurama, or Youko, with the ningen part of him you knew as Shuiichi. While Kurama may hold some ningen sentiments, they would never stand in the way of his youkai instincts.”

His two teammates stared at him for a minute. They were so used to thinking of Youko and Kurama as two separate beings that they never really thought about Kurama possessing any of Youko’s youkai traits. But they knew he did have some of his youkai powers even in this form, so it kind of made sense. Kuwabara shivered. Actually, it made him feel a little more wary of Kurama, because while Youko made no secret of his tendencies toward cruelty and ruthlessness, Hiei was saying Kurama had some of those same tendencies, but he had never suspected it. To his way of thinking, that made Kurama the more dangerous of the two. How would you ever know what he was really thinking or planning? And if that was the case with Kurama, what about Yusuke with his Mazoku blood?

Suddenly, Kuwabara felt out-of-place and alone among his teammates. It also struck him for the first time, that the woman he was in love with was a youkai, and that perhaps there were some fundamental differences that would make his hopes and dreams of being with her impossible. He began to sink into despair. Then it hit him that Kagome had been a ningen, and that she had loved 3 youkai and had relationships with them. He would have to talk to her about it.

“Um, guys? Before any of them come back, I need to tell you something. That scroll Kurama found? Princess Ayame isn’t the one who wrote it,” Botan informed them.

“What?!!? Then who did write it?” Yusuke wanted to know.

“We don’t know. But it was a woman,” she offered helpfully.

Yusuke rolled his eyes at her. “No kidding, considering she said Kouga was in love with her.”

“No, detective. Kouga’s name wasn’t mentioned.” Hiei cursed to himself. How could he have jumped to such a conclusion? He was getting as bad as the idiot. And he was sure Kurama was going to feel just as stupid, too. Why had they all assumed the note was referring to Kouga? Just because Princess Ayame was the only woman they knew about who had a connection to one of Kagome’s mates, they had all believed she was the one who had written it, and that it had to be about Kouga. He wanted to kick himself. “The scroll could have been referring to any of her mates.”

Yusuke looked like a light bulb had just gone on over his head. “You mean one of her other mates might have had another woman on the side? Or someone they were promised to, like Kouga was promised to Princess Ayame? Now we’re getting somewhere! That sounds like motive to me.”

“You’re right, Urameshi,” Kuwabara agreed. “It does sound like motive -- for two other women to have possibly killed two of her mates.”

“What?!!?” Three heads snapped around in his direction.

“They’re returning,” Hiei told them.

When Kagome and Kurama entered the room, Kagome walked over to Botan. “If you don’t mind, Lady Botan, would you please ask Lord Koenma about the possibility of securing travel permits for us for Golden Week?”

Botan just blinked at her for a moment, still trying to absorb Kuwabara’s theory. She, and everyone else in the Reikai who knew about the situation, had automatically assumed the widow was guilty. She had just been waiting for Yusuke and his team to prove it. But, what if she wasn’t guilty? She would have to tell Lord Koenma about this right away. “Um, okay. I’ll ask him. Guys? Could you please tell her about you-know-who now, since you all neglected to do it these last couple of weeks? I should get going. Goodbye, Lady Kagome,” she said, in a much more friendly tone than she had used previously with the miko. And she quickly summoned a portal and stepped through it.

Kagome turned to them with a question in her eyes.

Irritated that once again the evidence suggested the possibility of something that hadn’t even occurred to him, Hiei told her curtly, “Lord Yemon is coming here.”

“Lord … Yemon? He’s coming here? To see us?” The miko seemed to be having trouble processing this. “How does he know we are here? Or that we are even back, for that matter? And what does he want?”

Kurama smoothly explained, “Unfortunately, a few rumors seem to have reached the Northern lands about your return. Lord Yemon approached Koenma to confirm them, and requested permission to see you. I believe he is due to be here tomorrow. As for what he wants, well, you will have to ask him that.”

“Ah,” she said, nodding her head, “I see. I believe this explains my son’s behavior. If you will excuse me, I need to prepare for a guest.” And with one last, coldly-appraising glance in Kurama’s direction, she started to leave, but paused briefly to say, “Oh, and arigatou, Hiei, for being so forthcoming with that tidbit of information.”

He glared at her back, and knew the others were all looking at him. No one had missed the deliberate emphasis she had placed on the fact that she had dropped the honorific from his name. She was taunting him about their encounter the night before, and he knew she was doing it because she was put out with all of them for not telling her sooner about the ookami. And the worst thing about it was, considering the nature of their meeting and the intimacy of being there naked together, he really couldn’t reasonably object to her claiming a closer connection to him. Blasted onna. But if the others thought he was going to enlighten them about this change in the status of address between them, they were sadly mistaken.

“Uh, Kurama, Botan had some news about that scroll,” Yusuke began, once he tore his eyes away from the apparition, who obviously wasn’t going to tell them what was going on that he had allowed the woman to address him so informally. He sure didn’t look happy about it, whatever it was. “Princess Ayame didn’t write it. And Kuwabara thinks that means there are two chicks who might have felt slighted enough by two of her mates to have killed them.”

Kurama’s eyes widened a bit before narrowing in concentration. “If Princess Ayame didn’t pen it, then it may not have been referring to Kouga, that’s true. However, it still might have been about him. He does appear to have been a rather roguish charmer.” He stroked his chin thoughtfully and frowned. Inside he was cursing viciously. They had so few things to go on -- how could they not have considered all the possibilities? “It appears that once again we may have let our conclusions get ahead of the facts. Don’t forget, though, that whoever wrote the scroll seemed to be accusing Kagome of something. It said : ‘You won’t get away with it, bitch.’ And she also seemed to believe that whichever of the Taiyoukai it was would have left Kagome for her if Kagome hadn’t been pregnant. She asserted that she had his love. That doesn’t sound like the author killed him. So, while it would be prudent of us to remain open to other possibilities, including possible other suspects, we should also not close our eyes to the continuing probability that the miko is guilty.”

“Bullshit! You and Hiei just don’t want to admit that you were wrong for once.” And Kuwabara got up and left the room. They could hear him muttering as he went up the stairs, “Damn stubborn youkai.”

“You know, he might actually have a point, for once. You two have really been pushing the idea that she did it right from the start. Maybe it’s because you had heard the story of the “Black Widow Miko” when you were living in the Makai when you were younger and you were just used to thinking of her as being guilty. Whatever the case, I think we should start looking at this whole thing differently.”

Kurama nodded slightly. “Perhaps we did start out with preconceived notions of her guilt. And we will be sure to carefully consider and weigh the facts as they become known to us from now on. However, Yusuke, do not lose sight of the extreme unlikelihood that one woman, -- a very powerful miko, -- mated with three extremely powerful youkai, and lost them all under what everyone deems suspicious circumstances, and that the souls have vanished without a trace, -- and she had nothing to do with it. Outside of purification, I don’t know of anything that completely obliterates a soul, and there are very few people who have the kind of spiritual power necessary to do that.”

Yusuke frowned at that, then he nodded. “All right. Point taken. But from now on, we’re looking at this from both sides, right?”

At Kurama’s agreement, they went their separate ways until dinnertime. They all knew that once again, the day’s training had been shot.
-------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------


After dinner that evening, which wasn’t as strained as the detectives thought it would be, thanks to the talk Kagome had with her sons earlier, Kuwabara asked her if he could talk to her a bit. Thankful for the opportunity to escape Kurama’s persistent attentions, she led him out into the garden, where she sat down on a bench and he sat down on the ground in front of her.

Feeling a little embarrassed, and not quite sure how to start, he rubbed the back of his neck a bit sheepishly for a minute. “I’m glad your injuries healed up so fast,” he pointed to her face.

She nodded. “Hai, just a little benefit of the celestial powers inside me. Can I help you with something, Kazuma?”

“Uh, … heh heh, … I was wondering if you would mind telling me a little about … well, … about you and your mates.”

Kagome frowned at him at first, but decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. “What do you want to know?”

“Well, how did you make it work? With them being youkai and you not? I mean, … well, I guess I’m just starting to see how very different they are from humans. Not just in the way they look or their powers, but in the way they think and the way they are inside. You see, Yukina, my girl, is a Koorime, and I was just wondering if it could ever really work out for us,” he looked at her almost pleadingly.

Kagome reached out and patted his hand as it rested on his knee. “Don’t worry. Though most youkai don’t want to acknowledge it, -- let alone admit it, -- inside, they’re not so very different from ningen. They have hearts and they feel emotions -- even love, though sometimes it is harder for them to recognize it as such. Their instincts are very strong, and they let them run free -- they don’t have the need for a sense of caution like ningen do when it comes to that, I think, because their bodies are less vulnerable than ours. We often hesitate to act on our instincts because we fear they will lead us into danger. It gives them a distinct advantage in many areas. They are more in tune with their bodies and their wants and needs. They’re more in tune with the world around them and able to react quicker. But, they are so used to relying on their instincts that they often use them to explain away or cover up their emotions, so they don’t really understand them. And some youkai will even deny they have them, -- especially when it comes to relationships.” She smiled as if remembering something. “But I know you’ve seen youkai get angry before, right?” Kuwabara nodded. “How can anyone think they can experience one emotion, and not others? It’s actually quite funny when you think about it, that so many have decided love is a weakness they cannot admit to when their silly tempers and misplaced pride put them in more danger than anything else,” she chuckled.

“But, when it comes to youkai relationships, especially when choosing a mate, many male youkai will claim to be looking for the strongest, most powerful female, as if nothing else matters. Or you will often hear them say they are looking for one who will give them lots of strong children -- especially the youkai with animal characteristics. Some will swear up and down they are just trying to satisfy their instincts.” She grinned and leaned forward as if imparting a great secret. “The truth is, they are the ones who are searching the hardest for someone who touches their heart, whether they are conscious of it or not. My Sesshoumaru went for over 1,000 years without a mate. He said he did not need or want one since he had never met a female who was strong enough, smart enough, or beautiful enough to tempt him to take one. If there was one out there that was good enough, his instincts would have led him to her. He was content with his own company. He didn’t yearn to be around anyone else. He was unbelievably powerful in his own right. He didn’t need a helpmate. He was ridiculously beautiful and sexy. He could have sex with any female he wanted, anytime he wanted. He didn’t need an heir because …,” here her voice broke a bit, “because he was going to live forever. So, why should he even bother searching for a mate?

Then he took in his brother’s widow, making her his mate to protect her and her unborn child, and to hold his brother’s lands secure for his nephew, -- all in the name of familial duty. And as we spent time together, and took care of Daitano and his ward, Rin, together, he said he found something he hadn’t even been looking for. But, I think that somewhere, deep inside, he had been looking all along. But his heart had rejected those females who should have appealed to his instincts, if that was the only thing youkai have to go by. So he was convinced his solitary condition was one to aspire to.

Maybe it was destiny, or maybe we both just got lucky. I certainly was not the most powerful female around, and there are always any number who could have given him strong children. I don’t have the beauty that most demonesses do, and compared to Sesshoumaru and his centuries of knowledge and experiences, at 18, I was but a child, so I wasn’t captivating him with my intellect. And yet, there was something in me that called to him and touched him, just as there was something in him that touched me and healed the sadness in my heart, -- allowing me to love again. And despite the fact that he could have found a more “suitable” mate to satisfy the criteria of youkai instincts, we were very, very happy together because we loved each other.”

Kuwabara sat there quietly for a while, thinking about what she had said. When he finally spoke, he searched her eyes intently, “Do you really believe that all kinds of youkai are capable of real feelings like that? Some are so unbelievably evil and cruel. And then, there are some, like the Koorime, who are so … well, physically independent that they don’t need a relationship the way we like to think of one,” he blushed just a bit as he said the last part.

Kagome smiled at him, and her eyes sparkled. “Hai, I believe all youkai are capable of real feelings. What is evil, if not hatred? And hatred is a powerful emotion that often consumes people, -- not just youkai, -- when they fail to find the love they desperately want. As for the Koorime, … their situation is rather unique. I think their physical ability to reproduce asexually evolved from necessity after a war with the hiyoukai left them with no males. Instead of combining with other races of youkai, they preferred to keep to themselves to keep their line “pure.” So, they isolated themselves from the rest of the world. But, just because they are physically capable of going on independently without the types of relationships we are used to, doesn’t mean they don’t have relationships.”

“You mean they’re lesbians?

“No, silly,” she giggled. “Though some are. I just meant that their family and friendships are very dear to them. They love. And they can fall in love and have children from relationships with different kinds of youkai, -- or ningen, I’m sure, too, although I always thought the Koorime discouraged that and forbade such unions. But your friend Hiei is proof that they happen. I never would have thought to see a Koorime and a hiyoukai together, though. There must be quite a story behind that.”

“Hiei? Oh, yeah. I tend to forget he’s part Koorime. He looks and acts like he’s full fire demon.”

“But he’s not. His fire youkai blood is definitely dominant, but I’d say his Koorime blood tempers some of those traits. It’s very interesting because he seems to have all of their strengths, but none of their weaknesses, like their uncontrolled violence.”

“I can’t imagine him being any more violent,” Kuwabara shuddered.

She giggled again, and glanced out of the corner of her eyes at the branches of a nearby tree. “Oh, you might be surprised. Compared to some hiyoukai I’ve met, Hiei is so controlled and calm -- a real pussycat.”

(I’m going to kill that onna.)

Kuwabara laughed at the idea that anyone would call Hiei a pussycat. When he calmed back down, he asked her seriously, “So, you think it is possible for me and Yukina to make things work?”

Again she reached out and patted his hand. “Hai.” Then she looked away for a moment. “Kazuma, how long have you and Yukina known each other -- loved each other?”

“Over 4 years.”

She hesitated, then said, “I know that in these times, ningen tend to wait until they are in their twenties to marry. Men usually wait until they are 24-28, while women usually marry when they are around 22. But, …” she leaned forward and took his hand in both of hers, “none of us are guaranteed tomorrow. Inuyasha and I loved each other for probably a year and a half of our two-year travels, but we let other things, and people, get in the way. We were so focused on Naraku and the jewel, and we kept thinking that after it was all over, we’d have all the time in the world to be together.” She looked down at the ground, and Kuwabara could feel the sorrow and regret rolling off of her. “We only had a little over 6 months before …”

Now Kuwabara patted her hand. “I’m … I’m real sorry to hear that.”

“Arigatou gozaimasu. I don’t want to push you into something you aren’t ready for, but I’m sure you see what I’m trying to say. Life, and love, are such precious gifts. It would be a shame to waste either of them.” Then her eyes suddenly lit up. “Kazuma, do you know if Yukina has plans for Golden Week? If she doesn’t, we would be honored to have her join us on our trip. Provided Lord Koenma says it’s all right for us to travel, of course.”

“What? You mean it? I could bring my Yukina along?” the big man said hopefully.

“Hai. I am so sorry to be the cause of you having to spend so much time away from her. I’m not sure where we will be going yet, but Shippou assures me that with all of the investments they have made through the years, we own several hotels at popular resorts and attractions, and they always keep plenty of rooms reserved, -- even during Golden Week.”

“That would be great! Arigatou!” And Kuwabara jumped to his feet in excitement. “I’m going to go ask Yusuke if I can go see her tomorrow and ask her.”

“Good.”

No sooner had Kuwabara disappeared into the house than an irate fire demon landed right in front of her. “What the hell do you think you’re doing, onna?”

Kagome arched a brow at him and a slight smile curved her lips. “Didn’t you ask me that question last night?”

Her only answer was a low growl right before Hiei grabbed her by the arms and hauled her up against him. “You would be well-advised not to mock me.” He couldn’t believe it! After one of the most aggravating days he could remember, where he was forced into the realization that he might -- just might -- have been a bit hasty in his judgment, and that he would have to be a lot more careful about his conclusions regarding this case and this miko, -- following one of the most frustrating nights of his life, where this very same miko had somehow ended up naked and wrapped around his own naked body in some sick kind of comedy of errors that the kami were obviously enjoying plaguing him with, -- now, this infuriating onna had dared to taunt him by telling that gigantic idiot that he was nothing more than some sort of declawed, defanged pussycat. He really didn’t know how she had managed to survive as long as she had, because he was quite sure she probably made a habit of pissing off dangerous youkai.

While Hiei was preoccupied with his irritation, Kagome was remembering just how it had felt when he had held her in a similar fashion at the lake. (Oh, no! Not now! Damn, rotten out-of-control hormones. I’m a woman of 134 years -- not some giggly, lusty teenager who has never been touched by a male before. Come on Kagome, get a grip. Do what you did when Sesshoumaru had to be gone on patrol for a few days -- think Jaken!) And after a quick contemplation of the loyal, green, family retainer, she was able to breathe easy again.

“Do not make the mistake of thinking I am a pussycat, or it will be the last one you ever make,” he threatened.

“Gomen nasai. I was simply trying to make a point. I’m sure Kazuma didn’t take it seriously,” she tried to soothe him so he would let her go. He did.

“You don’t seriously believe all that nonsense you were telling him, I hope.”

“Of course I do. I suppose you are one of those youkai who try to deny that you have any feelings,” she said as she stepped away from him a bit further.

“No. As you said, it would be foolish to deny any emotions when so many youkai are so good at expressing their anger and hatred. However, the idea that we are seeking love in our relationships is a pretty fairy tale. We may feel emotion, but unlike ningen, we are not slaves to them. And those of us who are strong enough can easily set aside those that cause only weakness and vulnerability. Following his instincts might have served your Sesshoumaru better, and he might still be alive,” he sneered at her.

To his surprise, she just stared at him for a minute before turning away and walking back to the house. He barely caught her whispered words on the breeze, “Maybe you’re right.”
--------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------


He slowly entered her, drawing out the anticipation that already had her strung so tight she thought she would snap. When she tried to lift her hips to take him all the way in, he chuckled in her ear as he held her down firmly.

Who knew my mate would be so impatient?

Who knew my mate would be such a tease?she gasped.

“Is this what you want?” he asked, driving himself home until he was completely sheathed within her.

H …hai!

She could feel the tension in his muscles as she ran her hands along his back, and she silently urged him to continue by pulling him down onto her. As he settled into a steady rhythm, she would clench her inner muscles around him at the end of each downward thrust and undulate her belly and hips in a manner that had them both groaning. The sweet friction they were creating seemed to throw sparks that prickled up and down her skin. The hardness of his slick, hot flesh plunging into and stretching and filling the softness of her own was a sensation she would never get used to, or get enough of.

To her, nothing else in her life so clearly explained or defined the importance of yin to yang as when they were together like this. It was a purely primal, physical act that held so much meaning on so many levels. And each movement embodied both give and take on their parts. But she would think about this later, -- much later, -- when the loving was just a warmth still in her body and a smile on her face. For now …

The smooth, gliding movements were giving way to harder, more determined thrusts, and already she could feel those first small tremors begin to build down low.
Ooooohhh … I …But the ability to speak left her when he suddenly began to punctuate each thrust with a forceful, upward push. When she felt the growl begin to rumble in his throat, and quickly spread throughout his body and hers, she gave herself up to wave after wave of shocking pleasure that had her clutching him so tightly inside, she could swear their flesh had fused, and she wasn’t even sure of the difference between her muscles twitching and his length throbbing as his warmth spilled out and coated her womb.


“OOooooohhhhh!” She jerked and opened her eyes -- awakened by her own cry. She sat up and shivered slightly as the air hit her sweat-drenched skin. (Not again! Why? Why now?) She got up and reached for her robe. When she got to her door, she brushed away the tears she hadn’t even been aware she’d shed. As she drifted aimlessly through the garden, she let out a long sigh. (Is this what I have to look forward to the rest of my life? I need to focus on helping my sons re-gain their lands. Not spend my nights wallowing in the past.) Then a tiny voice suddenly spoke up. (And what then? What happens after the boys are all settled? What happens when your days are as empty as your nights?) She stopped for a moment and a frown gathered, furrowing her brow as she scolded herself. (Don’t be ridiculous. My life has always been full and it always will be. I don’t need a male to make it feel that way. I will always have my family to love and care for, and eventually I will be needed to tend to other duties. I’m just letting these dreams and memories stir up physical yearnings. That’s normal. Annoying as hell, but normal. And it’ll go away soon. I just need to get a handle on it.) She laughed to herself then. Maybe what she really needed was to get a hand on it.

“What has you so amused as you wander the garden at this time of night, I wonder?” A silky, smooth voice close to her ear made her jump.

She turned to see an extremely tall, extremely sexy male standing right behind her. He had long silver hair, piercing golden eyes, and two furry ears perched jauntily on top of his head. All the color drained from her face and her knees buckled, but he caught her as she started to fall into him.

“I’ve had females swoon before, but never with such a horrified look on their faces.”

Kagome blinked, and then took a deep breath. “Youko? Gomen nasai. For just a second there, I thought …”

He cocked his head to the side and looked at her. “Thought what?”

“You … it’s just that … well, for a second there you seemed to be a mixture of Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha.”

He grinned wickedly then. “And you thought they had ganged up to haunt you?”

She didn’t say anything for a minute, then, “Why are you here?”

He raised a brow at her and smirked. “Why are you here in the middle of the night when you should be snuggled down into your bed, … or someone else’s?”

She rolled her eyes at him and pushed away. “Kitsunes,” she muttered. And she continued her walk. “Why is Kurama letting you dominate your shared body right now?”

“Perhaps because we share a goal, and I am the one best-suited to attain it.”

“And what kind of goal would that be?” she asked.

“You.”

She stopped. “Ah. I see. I must apologize for trapping you here with no females for so long. I’ve already told Kazuma to invite his girlfriend to travel with us for Golden Week. Please feel free to bring someone along, too.”

“Hmmm. You are saying I may bring along a lover? Suppose we wish to just stay in our room instead of taking in the sights with everyone else?”

“That would be up to you, -- I have no intention of interfering with your personal life.”

“Good. I am sure I will be able to entertain you enough that you won’t miss running around with your sons. And Hiei, Yusuke, and Kuwabara will make sure they are safe, so you can enjoy yourself without worries.”

She looked up at him and blinked. First, he looked a bit like Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru, and now, he sounded a bit like Kouga. Was it possible they had all ganged up to haunt her? “Are you sure there are just two souls inhabiting that body?”

Not being privy to her thoughts, Youko wasn’t quite sure what to say to that. “Is that some strange way of agreeing to what I’m offering?”

“No.” And she continued on, walking ahead of him.

“Then, perhaps, I need to show you exactly what it is I am offering.” And he reached out and encircled her waist with one arm, pulling her to him so her back was flush against his chest. He tangled his other hand in her hair and pulled it firmly so her head tilted to one side. Then he fastened his mouth onto the sensitive skin of her neck and nipped at it gently, sending shivers down her spine.

“Youko, don’t …”

But her voice trailed off when the hand in her hair let go and moved around to cup a full, round breast instead. Sliding underneath her robe, the fingers began to circle her nipple, then to tug it lightly through the thin, silky material of her sleeping yukata. Her mind went blank for a few minutes, and she felt like she had been thrown back into her dream, until a cool breeze hit her legs and she became aware of the way the hand at her waist had slowly inched up her yukata all the way to her thighs. She tried to pry his hand loose and step away, but the movement only succeeded in parting her legs, -- a movement Youko was quick to take advantage of. Still holding her firmly to him at the waist, his other hand moved unerringly to the delicate folds of skin that sheltered her womanhood. He continued to suckle on her neck as his thumb grazed the small, swollen nub that constituted the spot of so many intensely-pleasurable sensations, while one of his long, elegant fingers dipped inside her.

“Don’t!”

“Why do you protest?” he whispered huskily in her ear. “your body has been asleep for 400 years -- let me awaken it. I promise, you will enjoy it.”

She shuddered at his words as much as at his continued ministrations, and felt the liquid heat pooling low in her belly, coating his finger with her juices as he worked it slowly in and out of her. Then, as suddenly as he had begun, he stopped and released her. “Do let me know if you change your mind, my dear lady.” And licking his finger, he headed off through the garden and into the night.

Kagome slowly sank to her knees and muttered forlornly, “If it weren’t for Shippou, I’d start a petition to have all kitsunes neutered.” Then she stood up and went into the house. She was going to have a nice, freezing cold shower, and then she was going to run about 20 miles.


Hiei had just gotten out of the lake and pulled his clothes on, when he sensed Kurama heading that way. As soon as he got to the water, he jumped in, fully clothed, and started cursing.

Problems?

That damned Youko. He said he was going to convince her to let him into her bed tonight, so I let him take over completely.

And he was unsuccessful, I take it.

On the contrary, I found out that the ningen boy was wrong -- she doesn’t taste like strawberries, she tastes like honey.

So, you kissed her.

No, … I tasted her.” And Youko made a big production of sucking on his finger.

Despite her protests, he got her, and us all worked up, and then he just walked off. And THEN he turned our body back over to me to deal with it.

Hiei closed his eyes and clenched his fists. He really didn’t need to hear all that. He definitely didn’t need to think of the onna being “all worked up,” or tasting of honey. And so, with a curse, he, too, jumped back in the lake, fully clothed.


When he got back to his room, he quickly scanned the house with the Jagan to make sure everyone was where they should be, as he always did, and immediately started cursing to himself. (Where the fuck is she?!!?) He expanded his search to include the garden, but she wasn’t there. He double-checked to make sure Zhang was still in his room. At least the Immortal hadn’t spirited her away again. (So where is she?) He took off back outside to look for her.

Hiei never needed much sleep -- he could get by on just a little rest for days. And it was a damned good thing because he sure hadn’t had much since coming here. But just because he didn’t need to sleep didn’t mean he wouldn’t like to get some. This really was the most aggravating assignment Koenma had ever sent him on. Maybe he’d send the little demi-god some wet dreams of Botan as payback. He could just imagine how flustered Koenma would be at having to work with her after that.

As he zipped across the large estate, he kept the Jagan open to search for the miko’s aura. Finally, he found it. She seemed to be running through the forest. Where was she going in such a hurry? Was something chasing her? He couldn’t detect anything else around other than some small forest creatures. He took off to intercept her. Moving straight into her path, he was stunned when she ran right into him, knocking them both to the ground with her landing right on top of him.

Once again, her hands started to glow with that pink light, and he grabbed her wrists. “Onna! If you try that again, I’m going to cut your hands off at the elbows.”

“Hiei?” The glow receded. “What are you doing here?” she asked.

He was still holding her wrists as he sat up, pulling her up to face him and pinning her between his knees. “I think the better question is what are you doing out here, and why the hell are you still not paying attention to your surroundings? You should have noticed me coming. If someone targets you for assassination, you’re as good as dead.” Seeing that she still seemed distracted, he shook her. “Damn it! While it might make my job a lot easier, your sons would probably act hastily to avenge you and lose any chance they’ve got to re-gain their lands because they’re a bunch of damn fools. You’re becoming an even greater liability to them than you already are.”

She sat perfectly still and just looked at him. So quietly he could barely hear her, she said, “I am a liability to them, aren’t I?” (Damn, damn, damn! As long as these suspicions are hanging over me, I’m endangering their chances. Even if they win back their lands, they’ll get challenged time and time again by those who seek revenge or think I killed to put them there.) She sighed heavily and slumped against Hiei. What the hell was she going to do? She had hoped they wouldn’t have to worry about this after 400 years. Who had she been fooling? Just herself. She groaned softly and slowly shook her head from side to side on his shoulder.

(Well, fuck me. I threaten her, I shake her, I yell at her and tell her how damn stupid she is, and what does she do? She leans up against me like she expects me to comfort her -- like I’m that overgrown idiot or… or one of his damn pussycats!) He narrowed his eyes and growled at her. “Onna, I suggest you remove yourself right now unless you’re planning to take off those clothes and assume the same position you did at the lake.”

He felt her body jerk and she quickly lifted her head up to look at him. He didn’t know quite what to think when he saw her eyes darken. Then he felt her fingertips tremble against his chest before she pressed her palms flat against him. When her tongue darted out to moisten her lips, he closed his eyes and gritted his teeth. He was not going out to that damn lake again tonight. When they got back to the house, he was going to the kitchen to dump the ice tray in his pants.

“Um, Hiei?” Then he felt her try to pull her hands away and realized he was still holding tightly to her wrists. He pushed her away from him so forcefully that she fell backwards and sprawled out on the ground. He wanted to smack a hand over his eyes and groan. What did the kami have against him? (Shit. The next time I see her hands start glowing, I’m going to tell her to aim for my gut. Purification can’t possibly be any more painful than this.) He grabbed one of her arms and yanked her to her feet, then let go as if she had burnt him. “Come on.” And he started back towards the house, not even glancing over his shoulder to see if she was following.

Kagome just stood there a moment, then started after him. (He’s attracted to me?) There had been no mistaking the bulge in his pants as she had leaned against him. She almost giggled because she could tell it was definitely an unwanted attraction. And his hair was damp. (Had he been swimming in that lake again?) Suddenly, she didn’t feel quite so unsettled by her own physical yearnings. Hai, she had noticed he was aroused when they were at the lake, but they had both been naked and she had been all over him -- it was a perfectly natural reaction. It didn’t necessarily have anything to do with her. But now, she was completely covered up in one of her Tai Chi uniforms and he was fully dressed, too. And her leaning her head on his shoulder was not in any way the type of move that should arouse someone. (Huh. I almost feel sorry for him -- wanting someone he can’t stand.) And she probably would feel sorry for him if it weren’t for the fact that she desperately wanted three males who were forever beyond her reach. And she was attracted to him, too.
------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------


It was noon the next day when a portal opened up in the living room, signaling the arrival of Lord Yemon. Koenma had come along to perform formal introductions as the occasion seemed to warrant. Ginta and Hakkaku greeted the wolf lord politely, then went to inform the family that he had arrived. Koenma introduced the Spirit Detectives, then Jaken, Myouga, and Shippou, all of whom Yemon remembered from all those years ago. The first one down the stairs was Daitano, followed by Eishumaru. Sassouta escorted his mother so they would face Lord Yemon together.

Sassouta was dressed in the color of his House, in a formal, deep brown kimono. His long, black hair was loose, and fell like silk down to his shoulder blades. On his forehead, he wore his father’s headband. Kagome was wearing one of her solid white irotomesode kimonos with a brown obi that matched Sassouta’s kimono. Her hair was pulled up away from her face and lay in intricate coils on top of her head, secured by two pearl-white hair combs with a large sapphire set in the center of each. The rest of her hair spilled down her back in a profusion of thick, ebony waves reaching all the way to her hips.

They stepped forward and bowed low when Koenma introduced them. Then they stood and Lord Yemon bowed low. He was a strikingly handsome youkai with dark, chocolate-brown hair, which he wore loose, flowing all the way to his waist. He was barely taller than Sassouta at about 5 ft.11, and was very broad-shouldered and extremely muscular, -- a fact which he showed to advantage in the formal black kimono he was wearing, which he left loosely gathered, exposing an expanse of his chest. His eyes were a dark, stormy-looking gray, and he appeared to be around 23 years old.

He stepped forward and looked Sassouta over as if inspecting him. “So, this is Kouga’s son. I would have known him anywhere, -- he looks just like his old man.” Then he said quietly to the young youkai before him, “Kouga was a great youkai and a fine leader. I was proud to call him my friend.”

Sassouta inclined his head. “Arigatou gozaimasu.”

“Please, be seated,” Kagome gestured, and everyone found a seat.

“I was very happy to hear of your return,” Yemon began.

“Just how did you hear about that?” Eishumaru interrupted.

“I think that is a question better left for later,” his mother said softly. Then she turned her gaze to their guest. “I am more interested in the nature of this visit. Renewing old acquaintance, Lord Yemon?” she asked politely.

“Actually, hai, you might say that. I won’t beat around the bush. I have a proposition for you, Lady Kagome. I know that Sassouta will be wanting to re-claim the Northern lands someday. If you will become my mate, I will allow Sassouta to make a one-on-one challenge, after you bear me two sons.”

There was a stunned silence. Then all three of the boys and Shippou leaped to their feet.

“Are you out of your mind?!!?

“You have got to be kidding!”

“There’s no way …”

“Boys. Please sit down,” Kagome said calmly. She looked at Lord Yemon. “You were still very young when you knew me before. Upon further acquaintance, you might find I do not possess the qualities you desire in a mate. May I propose a courtship period to allow us to get to know each other better?”

He grinned widely. “Hai, that would be acceptable.”

“Then I will receive your suit.”

Another stunned silence filled the room. Koenma closed his eyes and clenched his fists.

Shippou moved up and crouched down by Kagome’s chair. He took her hand and looked earnestly into her eyes. “You don’t have to do this, you know. We knew that it could come down to war, -- we will be prepared.”

She smiled at him. “It’s all right, Shippou.”

Kurama stood up and stepped forward. “If you are entertaining suits in courtship, then I would like to put forth my own.”

Yusuke jumped up when Koenma poked him in the back. “Uh, yeah. Me, too.”

Kagome looked at both of them with amusement twinkling in her eyes. “This is very … flattering, to say the least. Hai, I will receive your suits as well.”

Lord Yemon stood and eyed the other two males. “Raizen’s heir and Youko Kurama’s host. Well, I never back down from a little healthy competition, but I do believe I hold the winning hand.”

Daitano kneeled down next to his mother and whispered, “Okaa-san, you know we will support you and be happy for you if you decide to take another mate. But, well, I guess we always imagined it would be someone we knew -- someone who knows you and cares for you -- someone you care for. We don’t want you to sacrifice yourself for us, or to feel forced to accept someone simply to put all the ugly rumors to rest.”

“Hai,” Shippou chimed in. “If you’re going to accept one of them” he indicated Kurama and Yusuke, “just because with their positions in the Reikai a match with one of them might go a long way towards making people believe in your innocence, then you might as well take me, or Ginta or Hakkaku, as a mate. Everyone knows we were close to your mates, and if we believe in you enough to mate with you, then how could anyone possibly think any different?”

“That’s really, really sweet of you, but I couldn’t take a mate for that reason. That would be wrong, and terribly unfair to shackle one of you to me for something like that,” she told him.

“Nonetheless,” Shippou said, getting determinedly to his feet, “I will put forth my suit, too.” He leaned forward to whisper in her ear, “At least then you can spend some time with someone who’s not going to be groping or interrogating you every second.” He winked at her.

“Arigatou, Shippou,” Daitano said with a smile.

“Then I will also receive your suit.”

“Anybody else want a shot at kaa-chan?” Eishumaru asked, looking around the room with an amused gleam in his eyes. Both of his brothers reached up and smacked him.

“Lord Koenma, will it be all right for us to travel for Golden Week?” Kagome asked.

“Hai. As long as Yusuke and the others accompany you,” the prince said agreeably. He wasn’t happy that the wolf youkai was going to be courting her, but at least she hadn’t outright accepted his offer to be his mate. And she had also agreed to let Kurama and Yusuke court her. So, he could afford to be a little magnanimous.

“Lord Yemon, if you can spare the time, we would be happy to have you join us. Since Greenery Day is the 29th, I would be honored if you would join me for cha-no-yu on the 28th. Then we could leave on the 30th. Lord Koenma, you are welcome to come for cha-no-yu, also. Obviously, with such a large company as we have gathered here, we will not be keeping to the traditional setting of only 4 guests.”

“You are a Tea Master, Lady Kagome?” Koenma asked in surprise.

“Of course,” Daitano said, looking down his nose at the demi-god. “Are the current rulers of the Makai so lost to tradition and culture that they no longer observe the tea ceremony?”

“Unfortunately, many do not. So, I will happily accept your gracious offer, Lady Kagome.” He thought for a moment. “You know, since you say you are supposed to serve as the Celestial Liaison to the Three Realms, I believe it would be most beneficial to hold an annual cha-no-yu for the leaders,” Koenma said, looking at her appraisingly.

“I think that would be an excellent idea, Lord Koenma,” she agreed.

“Excuse me, my dear, not to change the subject, but the 29th will be Showa Day. Greenery Day will be on May 4th this year,” Kurama told her politely.

“Oh! That’s right! I completely forgot they were going to change that. Gomen nasai. I was thinking of the way it had always been celebrated when I was living in this time. That shouldn’t affect the dates of our trip, though, except we may want to tour some gardens on the 4th,” she said.

“That sounds wonderful!” Lord Yemon said enthusiastically. “I will clear my schedule for the entire week. And since I will have to go back to the Northern lands to make arrangements for our trip, will you accompany me for a stroll outdoors first?” He held out a hand to Kagome.

“Hai. Arigatou gozaimasu.” And she stood and walked off with the wolf, leaving behind a roomful of irritated youkai. Soon, those remaining broke into two groups and wandered off to discuss all that just happened.


“Well, it could have been a lot worse,” Koenma said. “At least you two are in a position to keep her from spending all her time with Lord Yemon. Thank goodness she didn’t accept him outright.”

“Hn. For an onna who was never going to take another mate, she certainly accepted enough suitors,” Hiei pointed out.

“Oh! I know who wrote that note you found, Kurama,” the demi-god turned to the avatar.

“Well, don’t keep us in suspense -- who was it?” Yusuke demanded.

“It was one of the other original complainants: a wind-sorceress named Kagura. Interestingly enough, she was a cohort of Naraku, though an unwilling one. She was actually a detachment of his and he literally held her heart hostage so she would do his bidding.”

“If she worked with Naraku, that made her an enemy of Kagome and her companions,” Kurama said, stroking his chin thoughtfully.

“Hai, though it seems Kagura often tried to help them out by not following through with Naraku’s orders, and even giving them information about him.” Here Koenma paused to make sure he had their attention. “It seems she formed a relationship with Lord Sesshoumaru.”

“So, she believes Kagome killed him, and that he would have put her aside if she hadn’t been pregnant. That makes two of her mates who had previous relationships with other women, which may very well have continued after she became their mate,” Kurama summarized.

“Oh no you don’t! You’re still doing it, damn it! It also means there were two women who had a thing for two of her mates and maybe they killed them because the Taiyoukai dumped them for her,” Kuwabara said, his face red with anger.

“Calm down, idiot. We will keep that possibility in mind,” Hiei said.

“Do you really think it’s possible she’s not guilty?” Koenma asked hopefully. “Because that would make things a lot easier in the Reikai if we don’t have to execute her. Of course, unless we can prove it, we’re still going to have a hell of a mess to deal with when people start clamoring for her head. You guys have really got to get to work on this.”

Hiei glared at him so fiercely that he broke out in a sweat.

“Uh, heh heh. Kurama, you and Yusuke need to keep up the charm. Under no circumstances can you let that wolf into her bed -- just in case.” And with that, Koenma quickly left the room to wait for Lord Yemon.


Upstairs, the boys and Shippou were discussing the unexpected turn of events.

“It never occurred to me that one of the current lords would be willing to bargain for our lands with okaa-san as one of the bargaining chips,” Daitano said with a scowl on his face.

“No, neither did I. But now that the possibility is out there, you know she may very well do it just to help us out,” Sassouta sighed. “At least she didn’t say yes right away.”

“Hey, we don’t really know anything about this Yemon. For all we know, he might be perfect for kaa-chan. I was afraid she was going to stay alone for the rest of her life,” Eishumaru said.

“Kagome doesn’t need someone who just wants her to make babies for him. She needs someone who loves her and will take care of her,” Shippou interjected.

“Hai, I agree. Thanks again, Shippou for stepping up to court her like that. I know it’s got to feel a little weird -- kind of incestuous, even. But, I have a feeling she’s going to need a buffer between her and Yemon, and between her and Kurama. You know he’s already been after her,” Daitano told them.

“Anything for Kagome. You all know that. Hell, I’d even actually take her as my mate if it would help her. She doesn’t deserve any of the crap she’s had to put up with, -- how anyone could ever think she killed her mates is beyond me,” Shippou said seriously.

“No kidding. You know, she really surprised me by saying she’d receive all of their suits. I mean, I know Yusuke flirts with her a little, but I don’t think he’s really interested in her that way, and I’m sure she knows it. And Kurama can be charming, but he’s been pretty pushy, and I know she doesn’t like that. I have a feeling she has something up her sleeve,” Eishumaru said.

Daitano looked at him. “So, you don’t think she’s going to take this courting seriously?”

Eishumaru shrugged. “With kaa-chan, who knows? But like you told her, if she does decide to take another mate, we should support her. We just need to be sure she decides to take one for the right reasons.”

They all nodded in agreement.


As Kagome and Lord Yemon walked, he asked her not to be so formal with him, and to just call him by name, and she returned the favor. She asked him about his family, and what had become of some of the ookami she used to know. She was sad to hear that Mamoru had been killed in a clash with Ayame’s clan at least 300 years ago. And she found it interesting that when Naoko had emerged as the new leader of the Northern lands, he had kept the peace by making Ayame the alpha female of all the clans until his son, Yemon, takes a mate.

“Tell me, does that mean that Ayame has hopes of becoming your mate?” she asked him.

“Hmph. All of the females in the North want to be my mate,” he said with a wink. “But none of them have any reason to hope for it. I have never offered for anyone before. All these years, I have kept the image of the ideal mate in my mind. Ever since I first met you, I knew that you possessed all the qualities any leader could ever hope for in a mate. I have searched, but I have never found another female who so perfectly fits my criteria. So, I was understandably overjoyed to hear of your return.”

She stopped walking and looked up at him. “You know that many people, including Ayame, believe I killed Kouga. To take me as your mate would only invite trouble and unrest. And, you say you are willing to let Sassouta challenge you for the lands. Why would you do all that? It would cost you so much.”

“Ah, but look how much I would gain,” and he leaned down and brushed his lips over hers. Then he grinned at her. “A beautiful mate, fine, strong sons, -- I would be a lucky youkai indeed,” Yemon declared.

“Well, you have certainly given me much to think about. Shall we head back now?”

And when they reached the house, they said their farewells, with Koenma and Yemon both promising to return on the 28th for the tea ceremony. Afterwards, Kagome went upstairs to her room. She didn’t come down for dinner, or for the rest of the evening. Her sons insisted no one bother her as they were sure she had a lot of thinking to do.
------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------


When Hiei returned from the lake that night, he was startled to find the miko apparently waiting for him outside his room. She was wearing one of her long, white, silky sleeping yukatas with a matching robe. But, unlike the others he had often seen her in, this one seemed to be made of a thin, filmy material, and he could clearly see every line and curve of her body through it. Even though it was the middle of the night, her long, thick black hair didn’t look tousled like she’d been sleeping -- instead it hung in smooth, flowing waves that shone in the dim light of the hallway like it had just been given its daily 100 strokes with a fine-bristled brush. “What the hell do you want, onna?” he snarled.

“I was hoping to speak with you on a particular matter. Would you mind if we discussed it in your room?”

Gnashing his teeth in frustration, he opened the door and motioned for her to go in. Stomping in after her, he closed the door and stood in front of it with his arms crossed in front of his chest. “What is so important that it couldn’t keep until morning?”

Noticing the dampness of his hair, Kagome smiled and asked, “Do you go for a swim every night?”

He narrowed his eyes and scowled at her. “What did you want to speak to me about?”

She tilted her head and gave him an appraising look. “Do you like to go for a swim every night?”

“Onna …” he growled.

“I have a … proposal, that I think will be of mutual benefit to us.” She stepped closer to him. “I want you to be my lover.”
--------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------
End Chapter Five


Hai - yes
Gomen nasai - “forgive me” -- a formal apology
Arigatou gozaimasu - a formal “thank you”
Kami - the spirits in the world around us -- often used as “gods”
Sifu - a kung fu master -- teacher, father
Ookami - wolf
Hiyoukai - fire youkai
Koorime - the Ice Maidens
Jian - a Chinese double-edged sword
Kakuremichi - hidden path -- the tajiya village
Mamoru - Kouga’s advisor
Naoko - Yemon’s father
Mazoku - Yusuke is often said to have Mazoku blood -- it literally means “demon race,” bur the connotations of it are that they are supernatural beings who threaten human existence or defy the gods
Cha-no-yu - literally, hot water for tea -- it refers to the tea ceremony -- more about that next chapter
Wang Yan Lum and the Canton Ten Tigers - Wang Yan Lum was one of the first practitioners of what became known as Tibetan Hop Gar. (It is even suggested that it was named for him and that his nickname was Hop Gar.) He is famous for erecting a fighting stage in his home town and boasting he could beat all challengers. In 3 days, he supposedly fought over 150 martial artists of various styles and skill levels, defeating them all, often in 10 seconds or less. He was recruited to the Ten Tigers of Canton, a revolutionary group of martial artists who vowed to restore the Ming Dynasty, and he held the number one seat. (Meaning he was the best.)
Golden Week - a collection of 4 national holiday in Japan celebrated within one week. Showa Day - in honor of the previous emperor’s birthday. Constitution Day - when the new post-WWII constitution was put into effect. Greenery Day - used to be in honor of Emperor Showa, now it’s dedicated to the environment. And, Children’s Day - which used to just be the Boy’s Festival. This year, they fall so that there will be two separate long weekends: the 28th-30th, and the 3rd-6th. During Golden Week, the Japanese like to travel, both across their country and to other countries. Thailand is a popular destination. Trains, airports, and popular attractions are outrageously busy and crowded.

You all are the greatest reviewers ever!

Animeboysrock23 - The detectives are going to waver back and forth over whether they think she’s guilty or not, depending on the evidence they uncover.
Inuyasha 1234 - I giggled at your suggestion for what Kag should tell Kurama. Heh heh! I’m glad you enjoyed the part about her relationship with Kouga -- I enjoyed writing it. Can’t wait to hear what you think about Hiei’s interest in her now (and hers in him)! And I’m honored to call you Mari-chan.
HeartStar - What did you think of the lake scene? Was it what you expected? Heh heh!
SadBrokenWings - Noooooo! Please don’t tell me I’m giving you writer’s block! You must write more!
Halfblackwolfdemon - Hey! You are special! Glad you liked the lemony scenes last time. Hoo boy -- wait ’til next chapter! (Unless you’re looking for sweetness with your lemon, because it’s just gonna be HOT.) Sorry, it’s way too soon for me to tell who killed the Taiyoukai yet, but keep guessing!
Sardave - I’m glad you liked the dreams. What did you think about the lake scene. (I cheated, didn’t I? Heh heh!)
Thief lava - I’m sorry. You know how awful I am about those cliffhangers. How about this one? Heh heh!
Loveinuyasha911 - Thanks! Hope you like this one, too!
Hentai Vixen - I’m really glad you’re enjoying this story! There’s more to come!
BabyPhat Chic69ner - Yep. It was Hiei at the lake, but he was there first!
Selenity potter - Naturally I try to get my chapters out as soon as possible for the readers, but I do make sure they have everything I want in them. I would have liked to have posted this Sunday, but I’ve been ripping it apart and revising it for the past two days. I’m still always nervous about how it comes across. And for some reason, this one has me at my computer night and day every chance I get. Over the morning sickness phase yet? (Such a misnomer -- I had all-day sickness!)
Me Myself & I - What did you think Hiei would do when Kag invaded his cooling down spot? Heh heh! And don’t worry, -- it is strictly a Hiei/Kag story. Thanks so much for the enthusiastic review!! It really makes me feel great to know that people are enjoying this story!
Smilingkitsune - Glad you like Zhang in the story! It was kind of fun to put in a real historical figure. Hope you found some stuff to like in this chapter, too.
BrokenSouledPoetess - There was some more tension in this chapter -- just for you! Thanks for the comps -- from you, they’re high praise indeed!
Alissa - I’m glad you liked the last chapter, and that you didn’t mind the little cliffy. How does this one grab you?
Bloodbunny - Well, you’ll have to tell me -- did this chapter follow up the last one all right? Like I said, this one was really to move and define some relationships, so I don’t know if it was what you were expecting or not.
Yue no rei - Yeah, I always post on MM first -- they’ve got my loyalty here. I DO post on the other sites right afterwards, when they’re running… I’m glad you appreciated the way I tried to show Kag’s feelings and how they still affect her, even after all this time. I hope you continue to enjoy this story!
Vyncent - Thanks so much for the kind words! I’m trying hard to work on those missing words -- my typing gets ahead of my keyboard, and when I proofread, I sometimes see what I know should be there -- even when I go over it 5 or 6 times. *sigh* I’m really glad you liked the paintings and what I was trying to show with them. For some reason, the idea of Kouga’s relationship with her was really appealing to me when I wrote those, and I think it came through.
Loveinuyasha911 - What, you again? I can’t believe you’re re-reading this already -- I’m really flattered! I know what you mean about those cold types -- it’s so much fun to see someone get under their skin and warm them up! Heh heh!
Purplebabe - You’ll be finding out more about what happened to the Taiyoukai soon, I promise!
Kawaii-KeKe-Chan - I’m so glad the dreams and the pictures came across so well. What did you think about the lake scene with Hiei and Kag? Not what you expected? Heh heh!
Nobodies Perfect -Not Even You - I’m glad you like the whole idea that she ended up mated to all three of the Feudal Era hunks. The SD’s were pretty much told that she was guilty to start with, so it may take them awhile to look beyond that. (Except for that big ‘ole teddy bear Kuwabara, of course.) How’d you like the little misunderstanding at the lake? And Hojo … well, he’s just … Hojo. Heh heh!
Angelwings21 - It may be a little while before everyone finds out what happened to Kag’s mates. But more will be revealed as we go along.
MissMischief - Wow! The last chapter was so well-received, I almost cringed when I finished this one. I really never know what’s going to go over and what isn’t. All I can do is advance the story in the direction I feel it needs to go. I’m glad you enjoyed Zhang -- it was kind of fun adding a real historical figure into the mix. And I’m glad Kag’s dreams and the paintings went over so well. I did feel pretty good about those. And I’m really trying to show that other side of Youko/Kurama -- it’s actually not so easy to do after writing him as such a humorous character. I’m looking forward to more of your writing -- either story!
Who Am I? - Thank you so much for your kind words! I really am so glad the flashbacks and paintings brought out the personalities of her different mates for you. That was exactly what I hoped for. This chapter might have answered your question about whether or not Sesshoumaru had someone he was promised to, too. At least, … it brought Kagura into the picture. What do you think about the way Yemon offered for her? Did the boys react like you thought they would? I’ll be interested to see what you thought of this chapter, as well.
Ness - I’m glad you’re enjoying the story! More info on what happened to her mates will be coming out in the next chapter.
Moosegirl13 - Thanks so much for the enthusiastic praise! I’m just eating it up! I’ll try to be worthy of it.
MarsStarlight - Always glad to draw in a reader! This chapter took me a whole week to get out, but that’s not too bad, is it? Hope you enjoyed it!