Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ G.E.E ❯ Mission Begins ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

G.E.E

By: demon fire chick

Disclaimer: I DON'T OWN YU* YU* HAKUSHO OR INU YASHA.

Chapter 3: Mission Begins

Genkai's Temple, Next morning

Gee sat in a tree outside Genkai's temple, waiting for the others to arrive. They were late but she didn't mind. She just sat there thinking about the events from the night before.

**Flashback**

"You can't be serious. She's the new guy." Yelled Kuwabara in surprise.

"Well yeah. You've seen her fight before anyway and you know she can take care of herself." Said Yusuke.

"What do you mean I've seen her fight."

"Look at her."

Kuwabara looked up at the girl only to make eye contact and stare into her golden eyes. `No way!' Kuwabara thought. `It can't be the same girl.'

"You should have seen her Koenma. She killed that… thing like it was nothing." Said Botan.

"That thing was a vampire." Said Gee.

"Well thanks to you I'm not going dinner."

"Actually you would have been breakfast."

**End Flashback**

They had agreed to meet here in the morning to hear what mission was about and to get started. But it was almost noon and nobody had shown up yet.

"Where could they be?" Gee said impatiently. She was starting to think this wasn't the right place when she heard the leaves rustling in the tree next to her. She readied the Shinken, which rested on her lap, for an attack. She closed her eyes to appear to have fallen asleep.

A dark figure silently jumped out of the bushes and landed softly next to her. He was about to touch her shoulder to wake her when he felt a slight pressure on his neck.

"Don't underestimate the abilities of others Hiei. It might get you killed." Gee opened her eyes as Hiei glanced down to a fighting ax at his throat.

`That weapon wasn't there before. I thought all she had was a quarterstaff.' Thought Hiei as Gee took the ax away from his throat and jumped down to where her bag was. Hiei glanced at her weapon again but it was nothing but a stick. `What kind of weapon is that.'

Gee picked up her small backpack and looked back up at Hiei's shocked face. "Are you coming or are you going to stay there all day." She yelled to him as she walked away.

Hiei snapped out of it and jumped down from the tree and caught up with her. They kept walking until they met up with Koenma and the rest of the group.

Koenma saw them coming. "You found her Hiei. Good."

"Yeah and almost lost his head for sneaking up on me." Said Gee in a less then cheerful mood. Everyone just looked at her.

"Ah, yes… well. Hmm. Okay then let me give you the details of your mission and then you can start." He took a deep breath before continuing.

"A portal has opened in the nearby forest. Nobody from this side of it opened it. So I need you to go through it and find out who opened it and make sure that they don't do it again. Getting back here won't be as easy. For the portal might close once you go though. I don't know how you will get back. That is why I hired Gee. She is an expert portal traveler and can get you back here. Now go. And good luck." Then Koenma disappeared.

"Convenient. He gives us the info but doesn't tell us which direction the portal is." Complained Kuwabara.

"It's in that direction." Said Gee blankly, pointing West.

"How do you know?" questioned Kuwabara

"Intuition." She stated plainly and began heading west. The group just followed her though the forest.

20 minutes later

"Are we there yet?" complained Kuwabara for the hundredth time.

"Ask that one more time, and I'll personally make sure that your never seen again." Growled Gee. He gulped and shut his mouth.

"Besides we're almost there. It's in the clearing up ahead."

They came to the clearing a couple of seconds later. Right in the middle of it was a portal of swirling colors. Everyone, except Gee and Hiei, just stared at the sight in front of them.

"Well who what's to jump in first." Said Gee coolly. Yusuke stepped forward.

"I'll go." He said feeling nervous but bold.

"I'll jump go with you. I don't trust you going alone. Might run off." Said Kuwabara trying to sound brave.

"Oh please." Gee stepped up behind them and shoved them into the portal. It shifted slightly before Gee took Botan's hand and pushed her into the swirling mass of color. It shifted again.

Gee turned to Hiei. "I can jump in myself." He said quickly before he jumped into the portal. That left Gee and Kurama standing in the clearing alone.

"Ladies first."

"Nice try." Gee smirked and grabbed his hand and pulled into the portal with Kurama behind her.

The portal closed and the clearing was empty.

Yusuke woke up on his back. He hurt all over. He looked to his left to see Kuwabara still out cold. `Where are we?' He sat up and looked around. `Wait a sec. Where is everybody else?' He couldn't see Botan, Hiei, Kurama, or that girl. `We are in serious trouble.'

A loud hissing sounded behind him. He quickly turned around only to have a sticky white substance surround him. He turned his head to see Kuwabara get wrapped up as well.

Yusuke tried to see what had done this but before he could see the creature, more of the sticky substance hit his face. The fumes were so disgusting and strong that Yusuke felt is eyes slowly close as he headed into darkness.

Botan landed less then gracefully on the other side of the portal. More like she tumbled through it. She stood up to wait for the rest of the group but the portal she came through had disappeared.

`Oh great. Now I'm stuck in who knows where and I'm alone.' Botan started to panic.

"Are you lost girl?" said a voice behind her. Botan turned to see a wolf youkai coming towards her.

"No I'm just fine, thank you." She was starting to get scared. The wolf was suddenly was behind her.

"You're coming with me, my beauty." He grabbed her around the waist and tore off though the forest with Botan screaming.

Hiei landed softly on the ground in a clearly in the middle of another clearing. He looked around to see were the others were, but they were no where to be found.

He stood there in the clearing waiting for Gee and Kurama. He heard a twig snap behind him and he started to turn around. "About time you two…"

He stopped we he saw woman with long black hair and dressed as a miko. Her gaze was cold and emotionless. "Who are you demon?" she demanded.

"It doesn't matter who I'm, but who you are, miko." Said Hiei. The miko brought out a bow and arrow and aimed it at Hiei.

"Tell me who you are before I bind you."

"No."

She let her arrow soar. It struck Hiei with such force, in the shoulder, that he flew back until the arrow struck a tree. Just before he blacked out the miko stepped up next to him and said, "I bind you here for all eternity until purity can free you." Then Hiei sank into darkness.

The portal spun Kurama and Gee around until they came out the other side. Gee landed in a clearing near a lake with a waterfall. Kurama came out behind her, head first. His head hit a boulder on the waters edge. He was out cold.

"Damn." Gee swore. She rushed over to Kurama to see if he was bleeding. Luckily he wasn't. She effortlessly picked him up off the rock and laid him down under a nearby tree. She opened her bag and fished out a cloth.

She dipped it into the lake and rung it out. Then she took Kurama's head and placed it in her lap before laying the wet cloth on his head. "Oh please wake up Kurama." She prayed.

Author's Note: Hey, I'd like to say thanks to those people who have reviewed my story. It's good to here the opinions of others.

Next I'd like to ask you to give me your opinion on the coupling for my story. I think Gee needs a boyfriend. Hiei has already made a move on her but Gee showing a soft spot for Kurama. I'm taking a poll on who she should choose cause I'm torn between the both of them. Please read and review.