Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ G.E.E ❯ You're the New Guy? ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

G.E.E

By: demon fire chick

Disclaimer: I DON'T OWN YU* YU* HAKUSHO OR INU YASHA!

Chapter Two: You're the New Guy?

Koenma's Office

Koenma's is sitting at his desk typing something on the computer in front of him. Kurama is leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets. Hiei is standing on the other side of the room.

Koenma finishes typing and clicks something on the screen. He pushes the computer to the side. `Where in the world are they? Botan's never been 20 minutes late in her life.' Koema was getting worried.

Just then Botan, Kuwabara, and Yuske ran into the room. Yuske still had a red handprint on his face and Kuwabara's right cheek was turning purple. They all were huffing and panting for air.

"Where have you three been? I was getting worried." Yelled Koenma.

"Please forgive me sir but, things took longer than expected." Explained Botan quickly.

"Never mind besides we might have to wait awhile before you can actually start this case."

"And just why exactly do we have to wait?" Hiei asked impatiently.

"Because this case is going to need six people on the team if you plan to succeed at it. And I'm waiting for the sixth member to reply to my offer and it could take…" Koenma was interrupted by the computer chiming "You've got mail."

"Just a second." Koenma looked at the computer and read the email.

"Looks like you'll be starting earlier then I thought. We'll be meeting the man tomorrow at a bar on Shiho Street after he gets off work. He must work the late shift."

"Wait a second. You mean to tell us that you our new team mate over the Internet?" asked Kuwabara.

"Yes. Do you have a problem with that?"

"Duh! This guy could be anybody. He could even be a scrawny little geek with thick framed glasses or something."

"Well, we'll find out tomorrow night than, won't we. Go home and get some sleep you'll be out late tomorrow."

Next Afternoon

Lucky 13 wasn't the most popular bar, but most of the time the men came to drown their sorrows and listen to the American blues played by a local group called Downward.

The band wasn't popular either. They played as often as they could with or without their lead singer, Gee, who was away most of the time for some strange reason. Either way they gave the right effect for Joe's place.

He sat at the bar listening to the sad, depressing sound of the group, wandering when Gee would be getting back from her latest trip. The band just wasn't the same without her cool, seductive voice mixed in with the notes.

The front door squeaked open and somebody stepped inside. "Sorry Mac we're not open till seven. Come back in two hours." Said Joe to the figure in the doorway.

"Now Joe, is that anyway to speak to your best act?" said Gee as she stepped into the dimly lit bar dressed in all black. Joe stood up and walked over to her and they embraced each other in and friendly hug.

"You're my only act sweetheart."

"Oh you're just saying that." Replied Gee with a half- smile. Then she whispered into his ear. "I need to speak to you privately." Joe nodded his head and led her to his office in the back.

"What's up Gee. I have a feeling I'm not going to like what you're about to say."

"You're probably not." Gee took a deep breath. "Joe I've been offered a new job that involves my other talents. Either I get the job tonight and start tomorrow or I get the job tonight and I start next week. Do you understand?"

Joe just sat there looking the picture of misery. His only act was probably leaving for good this time.

As if she read his mind Gee said, "I'll come back after a while it's only a job that requires my other talents and then I'll come back and stay for good this time."

His face brightened a bit and Gee smiled. "You promise kid."

"Of course. Now, I need a favor. I need you to reserve a table for 7 including me for my new boss and co- workers. Do you think you can do that?"

"Anything for you sweetheart."

"Thanks."

That Evening

"You do know that some of us are not old enough to be here." Complained Yusuke as they walked down Shiho Street.

"Yes, but that won't matter if you act a bit more mature." Replied Koenma in his mature form (and without his pacifier).

The group walked up to the door and opened it to the dismal scene and sound of Lucky 13. The band wasn't up on stage yet but the Blues were already flowing from the depressed men in the room.

A man in a black jacket and white shirt came up to the group and said, "You must be Gee's friends. Hi, I'm Joe, the bar owner. Please come with me. Your table is over here. Gee will be with you in a few hours."

The group sat down as the band came out and got ready to start. A girl dressed in black wearing dark sunglasses step up to the microphone. "Good evening everyone. I'm sorry to say that this will be my last night performing with the band for a long time. But then what does it matter I'm always gone. So it's my pleasure to introduce us as Downward."

There was no applause because everyone was buried in his own sorrows. The band started to play the Blues like they did every night.

"Nothings as sobering,

Or quite frankly depressing,

As looking out on L.A. in the rain.

The colors of the houses,

The pinks and pale blues,

Against the sad, gray sky,

Is all wrong."

The girl's voice added to the depressing mood as she sang with a voice full of sadness.

"And the palm trees,

With their dead leaves.

Have a hang dog expression like someone took their fun away.

The tired tomcat sits just,

Watching idiots,

Slip and slide,

As their tires lose their grip on the road.

Didn't tell them you can't drive the same,

You can't drive insane in the rain.

This town in the rain."

`This girl's poetry is quite good.' Thought Kurama to himself. `I feel like I'm actually in Los Angles during a rainstorm.'

"The sidewalks are soused,

As the guttering so used to droughts,

Spews the water out in loud gushing spouts.

Like Hurricane Harbor,

Without the fun.

And parking lots,

Are like boating lakes as,

Pockets and puddles seem to spring out of the ground.

There's no where it can run to,

And no concept of run off,

Hunted and haunted it lies there in great gulps.

No drains.

No gain.

This town in the rain."

The song ended and only a few of the depressed fellows clapped. The girl bowed and the band started on the next song. Joe came up the table that Koenma and the others. "So which one of you is going to be Gee's new boss?"

"That would be me," said Koenma, "My name is Koenma. This is my assistant Botan. That's Hiei, Kurama, Yusuke, and Kuwabara. They will be working with Gee."

"Nice to meet you all. Can I get you anything?"

"No thank you."

"Okay. Gee will see you in a few minutes. But till then, enjoy the music.

The group sat back and relaxed. Well, everyone except Koenma. `Kuwabara might be right. Gee could be anybody. He might even be that Joe character.'

The girl was speaking on the microphone again. "It is time for our break, but be back in the band will be back in 5 minutes. Till then, drown your sorrows." She walked off the stage followed by the band.

"Koenma, I'm going outside to get some air. The smell of alcohol isn't something I enjoy." Complained Botan.

"Go ahead Botan." She stood up and walked out the door. She stood outside for a while. Just as she was about to go back inside when someone grab her around the waist and dragged her back into the ally. She let out one good scream before the guy's hand clamped over her mouth.

Backstage

`That group has to be my new team. I heard one say his name was Koenma. Those two boys from yesterday were with him. I better keep my sunglasses on so they don't recognize me.'

She was walking out towards the bar, when she heard a small scream from the ally. She ran back to her dressing room and grabbed a stake off the table and ran to the door that led out into the ally.

She followed the sounds of a struggle to the far end of the ally. Behind a dumpster there was a vampire with his teeth nearly to a woman's neck.

"Hey you! Pick on someone who can actually fight you!" she yelled at the vampire.

He looked up from his appetizing meal to look at the strange girl yelling at him. "You actually think you can fight me and win little girl. You've got spunk." He let go of the woman and threw her to the ground. "You'll make a great appetizer."

Gee turned to the blue haired woman and said only one word before the vampire threw a right hook to her stomach. "Run."

Botan laid there, too scared to run. She saw the girl take the right hook and a shoulder to the back. She was amazed when the girl stood right back up and gave the monster a right punch square in the chest. The guy flew back till he hit the brick wall… hard.

He fell forward phased only for a bit. Then he ran at her again.

Back in the Bar

"Where's Botan?" asked Kuwabara

"She went outside too get some air." Replied Koenma.

"She's been gone for awhile though. Maybe I should go check on her." Said Kurama with concern.

"I'll go with you. I'm starting to get dizzy myself." Said Yusuke and followed Kurama out of the bar.

"Botan isn't out here." Said a worried Kurama.

"Well then where is she?" asked Yusuke. They heard something crash in the ally. They ran to the ally just as girl hit someone in the face causing them to scream in agony. They looked down to see Botan lying there on the ground watching the amazing fight before her.

"Are you alright Botan?" asked a concerned and surprised Yusuke.

Botan was about to answer when the girl got kicked in the face causing her sunglasses to fly off and land somewhere. The vamp saw her golden eyes and asked, "What the hell are you?"

The girl pulled out a wooden object and drove it through his heart. "Your worst nightmare." Then he turned to dust leaving two boys and the woman staring at her in shock.

The boy with the black eyes saw her eyes and said with a smirk, "You must be Gee."

"Got it in one kid."