Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ G.E.E ❯ In a Haze ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

G.E.E

By: demon fire chick

Disclaimer: I DON'T OWN YU* YU* HAKUSHO OR INU YASHA

Chapter One: In a Haze

Tokyo, Japan, 2003

"Freedom at last. No more teachers, no more homework, and no more principal staring us down all the time." Said Yuske Urameshi as he raced Kuwabara down the sidewalk.

"Yeah. The only that ruin this summer is a case from Koenma." Said Kuwabara as he caught up with the spirit detective.

"Shut up you idiot or you'll jinx it." Yuske then hit him upside the head causing Kuwabara to trip and nearly fall flat on his face. `I'll get you for that you little…'

Kuwabara suddenly stopped as he felt some strong spirit energy coming from up ahead. Yuske kept running until he noticed that the carrot- top was no longer right behind him. He stopped and turned around to see Kuwabara staring blankly into space.

"Hey! Idiot, what's the matter with you?" Yuske yelled snapping the other back into reality.

"I sense two spirit energies up ahead. One is small and the others enormous."

"Well why are standing around here let's go." Kuwabara quickly caught up with Yuske and they kept running until they stopped at an ally with an enormous demon inside about to hit something with its club.

"There's the enormous spirit energy now where's the tiny one?"

"Uh, Urameshi that's not the enormous one."

"What?!? No way that thing is huge how can that thing be the tiny one?

"I don't know but whatever it's about to hit is stronger then it." That was when the demon brought the club down in front of it and a small figure jump over the creature and landed facing Yuske and Kuwabara.

"Holy shit! It's a girl." Yelled Kuwabara as the figure stared at the two Rei Kai.

Her eyes were light brown with a hint of amber in them. She had long light brown hair with golden highlights and was pulled back into a tight ponytail. Her figure was small and petite and she looked about 12. She wore a green vest that fit tightly over her slim body and showed her midriff. She wore a pair of blue jeans that had a strange assortment of beads hanging off the belt loops. She wore brown high- heeled boots that made the boys wonder how she could jump let alone fight in them. Her face was blank with emotion but her eyes showed a twinge of sadness.

`She almost reminds me of Hiei with the height and that look on her face. I wonder who she is?' thought Yuske.

`Her spirit energy can't be that high she too small to be that strong.' Thought Kuwabara as the demons club came down on where the girl stood.

"It squashed her." Said Kuwabara in disbelief.

"No it didn't, look on top of its head."

Kuwabara looked up and to his relief the girl was on top of the demon's head. The demon felt the slight on its head.

It brought its club up and just as he was about to hit the pest that was bothering him, the girl jumped off his and the dump demon ended up knocking himself out with his own club.

The girl gave him a quick kick to the chest knocking him down onto his back.

The boys looked on in disbelief as the girl stood at the demon's side. She then kneeled down a placed her hands above the creature's body. She muttered something and her hands began to glow and golden color. The demon's body began to shrink and change until it was the size of an action figure and was thin and scrawny.

The boy's mouths dropped open in amazement as the girl picked up the tiny demon and uttered something else. This time the creature turned into dust.

The girl stood up and brushed her hands on her jeans. Then she turned to Yusuke and Kuwabara and disappeared into thin air, leaving them without any of their questions answered and their minds haunted by her golden eyes.

Yusuke was lying on his bed in, staring into space. He couldn't stop thinking about the girl in the ally. Those beautifully haunting eyes just kept popping up in his head. What was it about her that was making him act like this.

He was so deep in thought that he didn't hear someone knocking on his on his door. He didn't even notice Botan walk into his room.

`Something is seriously wrong here. Yusuke actually looks like he's thinking hard.' Botan stared at the young spirit detective. `Perhaps he's sick.'

"Yusuke? Hello? Are listening to me?" He could hear her. He was too lost in thought too care. Suddenly, Yusuke snapped back into reality with a sharp pain in his cheek. He looked up to see Botan staring down at him with her hand raised to slap Yusuke again and a worried look on her face.

"What the hell was that for Botan?" he asked rubbing his tender cheek.

"Oh good your back to normal. You had me worried there for a minute. You just kept ignoring me and staring into space."

"Sorry if I scared you, but did you have to hit me that hard? Now what do you what?"

"Sorry to ruin your summer plans but there's a new case. Come on we have to get Kuwabara next."

And so the two ran out of the house heading to Kuwabara's house.

They arrived five minutes later at Kuwabara's house and knocked on the door. Shizuru answered.

"Hey Yusuke. Hi Botan. Let me guess. New case, right?"

"Bingo!" chimed Botan with a smile.

"Good luck prying him from the bed. He's been out of it since he got home this afternoon. He won't talk to me and he won't eat anything. I haven't seen him like this since that Yukina thing."

By this time they had reach Kuwabara's room. Botan opened the door to find Kuwabara in the same state that Yusuke had been in.

"I'll wake him up. I don't think a slap on the cheek's going to cut it with this blockhead." So Yusuke walked up to Kuwabara raised his left arm and hit Kuwabara with a left hook to his face.

Kuwabara suddenly was holding Yusuke's shirt collar and was shaking him furiously.

"What was that for you punk? I'm going to hit you so hard, I'll knock you back to last week!"

"I had a good reason to hit you doofus. You wouldn't wake up from whatever world you were in and we got a new case. So put me down and let's go."

Kuwabara slowly put him down and let go of his shirt. "Okay. Well let's get going before I change my mind."

As they left, Shizuru shook her head and simply said, "Boys."

Elsewhere

In an apartment in downtown Tokyo, a girl stood looking at the sky from her balcony. Today had been a slow day. That demon was too easy. `But those boys…'

She had wondered about them. `Those two weren't staring at the demon, they were staring at me like I something new too them and the demon was just something they see everyday.'

The thought just kept coming back to her. Over the past three years she kept going from place to place honing her powers and strength with each new creature she came up against, collecting powerful beads and charms that made her magics more powerful then ever.

The girl went back inside but left the balcony door open for the breeze that was blowing tonight calmed her nerves.

On nights like this she wished she could remember good times. But memories of her past were blank to her and there was nothing good about her life from the past three years. Her face became sad and tears began to flow softly.

"You've got mail." Chimed the laptop on her desk. She wiped her tears and sat down in front of the computer and opened the email. It was from her online buddy, koenma_sir.

"Hi,

You said to email you as soon as I found you a job the required your skills. Unfortunately I do not wish to discuss the terms in this email. If you want we can meet somewhere and discuss it. Please email your answer as well as the place and time you wish to meet. I will be bringing the team in which you'll be working with.

Sincerely,

Koenma"

`I like this job already. I wonder if I can work without the team though. Ah what the hell.'

She clicked on `Compose' and began typing:

"Hey Koenma,

I'll meet after work tomorrow at the bar near Shiho Street. I'll probably be there right after the performance. I'll reserve a table for us.

Yours truly,

Gee"

Now that that's over with I guess I better get some sleep.