Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hands of fate ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5
 
Warmth, it surrounded her, it filled her, and a light stood before her; imaginary wind swirling around it as the shadows began to surround the two figures. Faces began to appear in the darkness as the girl moved closer to the light, voices echoing from deep within.
“Kagome, your stupid wench! You allowed it to get away with the Shikon shard!”
“Kikyo-sama was a great miko.”
“Kikyo-sama is far better than you,”
“Kikyo-sama would never have broken the Shikon,”
“Kikyo-sama would never have been the reason for so many deaths,”
“Kikyo-sama would be able to help fight in battle,”
The voices, their words harsh and jagged; piercing her very soul with their sharpened sides. Drawing closer to the light the girl felt strong arms wrap tightly around her, embracing her and shielding her from the angry voices that haunted her soul, the voices that never seemed to quiet, the voices that told the truth… her conscious.
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” sounded loudly from her mouth as a large tub of freezing cold water fell on top of her, soaking her to the bone and causing her skin to tighten trying to keep as much warmth as possible.
Royal blue eyes snapped straight open and searched angrily for the source of the disturbance. The first thing she saw was a certain little brother standing directly in front of her holding a medium sized bucket in his arms, and an giant smirk covering his features.
“Good to see you up,” began Souta, chocolate eyes gleaming humorously over his sister's pajamas, grinning from ear to ear at Kagome's misfortunes.
“What the hell was that for!” screamed Kagome, her bunny rabbit pajamas soaked and her long wavy hair falling straight down her back. However, from the scream, a certain old man came running into her room, to find her wearing her white pajamas that at the moment were see-through and red faced tomato wearing them.
Eyes narrowing slightly at the new entrances, Kagome felt a bubble inside her begin to grow somewhat and with speed as fast as Hiei's she slapped both of them and knocked them out of the room, her door slamming shut moments afterwards.
Kagome sighed heavily as she locked the door and sat down quietly in her new school uniform. This would be about the hundredth new one she had been forced to buy and the uniforms were beginning to add up. It had been three days since the incident in the ally and she hadn't seen any of the guys since. She was beginning to wonder whether it had just been a dream, but then she would feel an ache in her chest and realize it wasn't because she still had the broken ribs from the thugs.
Taking up a pencil she began to write her diary when she felt her chest tighten in pain, causing her to fall to the floor breathing hard. And just as the pain was beginning to lessen, a large bright red light engulfed her and transformed her into a wind youkai.
Looking down at herself Kagome realized with a start that she had transformed into her youkai self again, which explained somewhat why she could hear her family downstairs, but why was it transformed at now and not later? Standing up slightly, she realized with a start that her cuts, moments before that had been deep and covered were now almost completely healed.
Moving towards her window, she decided that she would go test out her new powers. Placing a small hand on the window seal, she pulled herself upwards and into the air, expecting to float on a cloud, only to meet the cold hard dirt. Looking around to make sure no one saw her little stumble she raced as quickly as she could straight into the forest close to her house.
After about ten minutes worth of jogging, the youkai found a small clearing and decided to try out her newly found powers. Placing a pale hand on a tree branch, she began to climb the tree until she was about five feet from the ground. Holding out her arms in a Superman pose, she prepared to jump off and soar away in the wind, only to face plant in dirt again.
“Damn it,” she cried out after trying for what seemed the millionth time of trying. Dirt and mud smudged her face and her beautiful silver Kimono had turned a greenish brown. And had it not been for her youkai powers she most likely would have broken several bones. Sitting up slightly at the sound of muted laughter, she was somewhat surprised to see six boys huddled together laughing/smirking at her attempts to move from the ground to the air. And the strangest thing was that all of them looked extremely familiar.
Her breath caught in her throat as realization dawned on her who they were. The boys that she had met yesterday were them, but they didn't seem to recognize her, most likely from the amount of mud that covered her entire body.
“Are you suppose… to be… the, the Terri…ble youkai…” Yusuke stuttered out as he held his stomach from laughing so hard, wheezing from the lack of oxygen to his lungs.
Standing up she glared angrily at the boys that had disrupted her practice, turning towards them she prepared to use her miko energy when she realized that it would backfire upon herself and there was the fact that for some reason she did not want to hurt them.
“Stupid haynou,” Kagome muttered her eyes narrowed dangerously as she glanced over the small group. Touya seemed mostly unchanged except for the fact that he was wearing different clothes and chuckling slightly at her. Yusuke, as usual, was wearing his green uniform and rolling on the ground, his black hair slicked back like normal. Kuwabara looked normal as well, his beady eyes shut tight as he to roll on the ground. Shuichi seemed normal except for the pink fighting gi he was in and the rose that he held in one hand the other trying hopelessly to cover the chuckles that were being released. Hiei like normal was wearing all black and still had his hair sticking straight up the small starburst exploding in the middle. And finally the pervert… Jin, he now wore a white outfit and his normal ears had now turned pointed and long, a small horn peaked out from atop his head as he smiled a large grin, a fang poking out slightly over his bottom lip. Jin happened to be the only youkai rolling on the ground, and Kagome felt her patience run thin.
“Well my, my, look at what we found,” whispered a voice, its words filled with malice and hatred.
“Yes, it would seem that the wind girl can't fly and the spirit detectives are here as well. This will make our work loads easier,” seethed another as two green lizard-like youkai appeared from the woods.
“Mistress will be very proud, yes indeed,” replied the first as it stared straight into Kagome's eyes. Seeing as to how the creatures were after her she took out the fan that Kagura had given to her and placed it firmly in her hand. Shifting slightly from one foot to the other, Kagome prepared for the two creatures to attack, but was somewhat surprised when they each took off a small scarf wrapped around their arms and out popped about ten monsters each.
“Damn it, what do you want with me anyways?” cried out Kagome as the two beginning youkai tried to grab her and take her with them.
“Mistress Kagiyo wants you,” whispered the first as he grabbed on to Kagome's arm and began to squeeze it hard. Kagome however, was not going to let some slimy lizard take her, so using the fan, she aimed well and poured her demonic powers into it and allowed the whirlwinds to twist unnaturally around her, scooping up the remaining youkai that had appeared into the tunnel and spinning them until they were so dizzy they could not walk. Of course she had also accidentally gotten Kuwabara and Yusuke in it to, and barely missed Kurama and Touya because Jin had pulled them into the air before they got sucked in.
“What the hell is wrong with you?” questioned Yusuke as he held his head to try and stop the spinning, Jin had just rescued him and Kuwabara from within the never warring cyclone and at the moment was trying to stop the cyclone itself.
“What do you mean by that?” questioned Kagome right back, her smile that she was trying so desperately to hide was beginning to form as she looked at the boys. Yusuke's hair looked kind of like Hiei's and Kuwabara looked as though Urameshi had just beaten the crap out of him, again.
“You know exactly what I mean,” shouted Yusuke his anger rising a bit more at how annoying the girl was, “why did you try to kill us all in a freaking…” However his question was cut short as Kagome's cyclone was some how sucking Jin in. Wide eyed Kagome felt her fist begin to clench as the wind master was now stuck within the crazy cyclone. Just as she was about to make another to counteract the other Jin emerged from the cyclone and the giant twister began to die away.
“IthoughtUrameshiwascrazylass, butyoutaketheprize! Thehellwasthat? Youdon'tmakewhirlwindsgoswirlinjustanywhere!” screamed Jin, his hair messed even more from the heavy waves of air that had blown against it.
“Well how was I supposed to know that it would do that?” asked Kagome, her fan now safely closed. “I mean it was only my first try!”
“First try,” fumed Hiei, his eyes narrowing dangerously as he began to move towards Kagome, “you mean to say you put us all in danger to figure out if wavy that fan of yours would actually work?”
“Er… Well, actually no,” at this everyone sweat dropped and fell down anime style onto the ground.
“Are you all okay,” she asked, worry beginning to form in her eyes, “I'm sorry I almost got you guys sucked up, but then again you shouldn't have been spying on me in the first place.”
“Spying, we're the Rekai Tantei, and therefore it's our job to find stray demons like you and send them back to Makai!” screamed Yusuke, his nerves raked to the very end.
“Makai,” questioned Kagome her eyes wide and inquisitive, “where is that?”
At the question the spirit detective fell face forward into the dirt, his eyes bulging and his head spinning with questions.
“You don't know about Makai,” asked Kurama to Kagome, her answer a small nod.
“She is telling the truth Kurama,” stated Hiei, his forehead glowing purple in the shape of an eye.
“But how is that even possible?” questioned Touya, his eyes frosted with wariness at this new discovery.
“Look, as great as it was to meet you guys, I can't get better if I don't practice, and unless you want to get swallowed up by another whirlwind, I suggest you leave.” Kagome pulled out her fan that she had moments before put up as she said this and was about to try again when a strong hand wrapped around hers causing her to look up only to find Jin holding her hand.
“Isuggestyoudon'tbeatryin'thatagain, notuntilyou'safigure'douthow'stofly. Besides,” replied Jin calmly, “Wewouldn'tbe wanting you'satogethurts nowwouldwes.”
“Nani?” questioned Kuwabara as he looked between the youkai and his friend, “what did he say?”
“Nothing moron,” stated Hiei as he effectively knocked the annoying redheaded-human out and looked towards the two figure still holding hands.
“I believe that you might need something to practice with if you are going to help the onna, Kami knows she needs it, so I suggest that you use the moron so that you don't waste valuable trees.”
“Oh Hiei,” stated Shuichi… er Kurama, a small sparkle in his eye, “I didn't know you cared so much for trees. I know, why don't you come over and we can look through all my collections of Biology notebooks.” However just as Kurama was finished with his idea Hiei had mysteriously disappeared without a trace, leaving only the chuckling group in his wake.
“Well let's go find Hiei before he hurts himself,” suggested Touya, a small smile on his face at the luck his friend was having. However, somehow he felt he knew this girl, and something deep within him told him to protect her, as though she was important. Touya merely shrugged it off and gave one quick wink to his best friend before heading off to find the forbidden child.
***************************************************************** *
“Youneedstoquitbeingssostiff youdos, youwontsaevergetitsthatway remembersyouarespartsofdawind andyous mustfeelthewindtouseits.”
“Um right,” said Kagome her eyes a little unfocused from trying to decipher Jin's speech, the it suddenly clicked. Sitting on the ground, her legs crisscrossed, she began to relax and think of happy thoughts such as:
her brother was born
what her first kiss would be like
defeating Naraku
“You're'sadoin'it's,” called Jin as he began to float up towards her. Opening one eye she was about to other when a small bird zipped by her. Both eyes snapped close as she began to descend at a rapid pace, gaining more speed every second. One shrill shriek escaped her lips as she plunged through the air when strong warm arms grasped her tight as the momentum caused them both to fall, Jin twisting them so that he would land on bottom.
Twisted fruitlessly in the tangle of limbs, Kagome somehow found away to twist herself around so that she could see Jin clearly. Her breath caught in her throat at the sight of the demon laying still in light of the falling sun, and wondered briefly how much sweeter his lips would taste against hers, but quickly got rid of the thought.
“Are you guys okay?” called a voice, Touya appeared moments later to find his friend lying in a heap underneath the strange demon's body.
“Touya,” sighed Kagome in relief as she noticed who it was, “you've got to help me! Something's wrong with Jin and he wont wake up. I might be able to help him, but you have to promise not to tell anyone. Promise?”
“If it'll help Jin, I'll do anything.” He replied as he nodded his head. However, when he looked back to where the demon was, she was gone and in her place was the school girl Kagome covered in mud and dried clay.
“Kaggg…Kagome?” stuttered Touya his eyes wide as he looked at Kagome as though she had grown another head, “but you're suppose to be a miko! How is this possible?”
“Explain later,” whispered Kagome as she removed the straps that were connected to Jin's clothes. Placing her hands carefully on Jin's chest, she felt the muscles ripple slightly under her touch and had to suppress a shiver that threatened to show. A small blush tinted the miko's cheeks as she began to pull her healing powers to the surface. She had learned long ago how to heal, Kaede had taught her and shown her many herbal remedies that she always carried with her.
However, she knew well that if she did not concentrate extremely hard and she might accidentally purify Jin and that was something she was not going to be responsible for. Jin might be a pervert, but he did not deserve to die, especially by the one that he had saved. Shifting slightly she began to pull and pick at pieces of her energy. Forming it and shaping it, she also did not have much time. Jin's internal organs had been damaged by the blow and if she did not hurry she might loose him.
Loose him… Why did it seem to tear at her? Why did it seem to haunt her very soul at the thought of loosing a pervert that she hardly even knew? Shaking herself out of the thought, she put it away for later analysis and began to drain the purifying energy from her powers and back into her soul. Which made it even harder because she didn't have a whole to return it to, making the powers wish to roam freely and not be locked away.
Kagome's body began to glow a bright blue as she leaked out her power into Jin. Finally, having little more to give, she allowed what little energy she had left to return to her soul where she began the war to force it back in.
Shutting her eyes tightly she was at last able to shut the remaining energy within herself and looked over at Touya who she noticed was staring at her as though she had grown another head, his mouth hanging wide open.
“You should really shut you mouth or you will catch flies,” announced Kagome when she could stand it no longer. He shut it immediately.
“Why isn't he waking up?” asked Touya as he looked down at his hurt friend.
“Most likely because when we fell, he hit the ground with both his and my weight on him and he landed on this sharp rock,” revealing a dark red rock, pointing jaggedly at one end a bit of flesh hanging onto it where it tore at Jin's flesh.
“Oh, well why don't we get you home? You look really tired; I suspect that you don't normally have to use those powers?”
“You know that's a funny story…” Kagome broke off in a small yawn as she fell forward and landed effortlessly on top of Jin.
“I'll tell you later,” she finished in a sleepy voice as she cuddled closer to her `pillow' and held it tightly.
Touya, realizing that he could not move both, watched in continuing amusement as his best friend began to cuddle closer to the `most annoying person alive.' However after about twenty minutes Jin began to stir and woke up to find himself surrounded by four humored faces and a pair of blood red eyes watching amusedly at the scene below.
“Oy, what'severyone alookin'atmealikethat?” wondered Jin aloud as he noticed all of the face. Only when he felt the small rise and fall of an object on his chest did he realize why they were all smirking at him. One red brow rose as he looked on at the sleeping beauty on his chest. And for some reason couldn't find the strength to push her off, that is until Yusuke decided to talk.
“Wow Jin,” cried Yusuke at his friend, an arrogant smirk upon his features, “you move fast don't you?” causing Jin to turn about the same color as his hair.
“So tell me,” he whispered in Jin's ear as he lowered himself to the ground, “was she a virgin?”
“YUSUKE!!!”