Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hands of fate ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter four
 
Blood trickled slowly down puffy lips on a pale beaten face. Purple and black marks covered the young miko's body as she kept going. Every time one of the goons would fall another would take its place. It was infuriating and she couldn't transform because of her lack of control over her wind powers, to say she was mad would be an understatement.
Dogging another punch she swiftly kicked her foot in the air and felt the youkai blood within her race at the snap of the bone. A small smile crossed her face as she licked some of the blood upon her lip away. Eyes shinned with blood lust as the priestess kneaded another in the guts. However as fun as this was, she had a purpose; to get that girl out of there.
“Touya,” she shouted while keeping her attention on her opponents, “get the girl and run. I'll cover your backs.”
“What!” he exclaimed a small drop of blood leaking from the wound above his eye, “I won't leave you.”
“Get the girl out of here,” she hissed as she forced back the demon within her.
“But what about you,” he asked as he made his way towards the girl, “you won't last much longer.”
“Then come back when you're done,” she said dogging another blow while tripping the man, “besides there are only about twenty of them left.”
“Fine,” he retorted regretfully while picking up the limp girl, “but I'll be back as soon as she's out of harm.”
“Whatever, just get the girl away,” she said through grinded teeth, trying hard not to allow the tear of pain to fall from the knock to the chest. And with that she watched him retreat out of the alley and felt his aurora speed away.
“Blast it,” she thought as a small pocket knife pierced her shoulder and blood streamed over the blade. She felt of the thugs kicked her in the side, falling to the ground; she decided quickly if she was going to down she would take one with her.
Using the last of her strength she pushed herself up and punched the guy that had just entered the alley as hard as she could watching the red swarm her vision she felt the darkness consume her.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Four boys stood together and watched in mild amusement as their friend Kuwabara was beaten up by some poor girl that had caught his eye. The four had been about to leave when Yusuke's pocket started beeping. Everyone looked at him as he quickly pulled a small device out of his pocket. Opening it up, a woman with bright blue hair and worried pink eyes appeared.
“Yusuke, Keiko's in trouble,” she all but screamed into the small communicator, tears flowing freely from her eyes, “Some new demon has recruited humans to take the girl hostage. You have to hurry.” Wide eyes looked at the girl once before dropping the communicator with a small thud and running in the first direction he could think of the girl's home. However, the boy did not get far when a strong arm blocked his path. Following the arm to its owner he was shocked to see emerald eyes staring hardly at him.
“Yusuke,” he began, but was cut off when Boton appeared before them.
“Guy's we found her,” she said while looking Yusuke deep in the eyes, “or rather Touya found her. He and a girl are trying to save her, but it's not looking good since he can't use his ice powers.”
“Well let's go then,” yelled Yusuke, and everyone soon began to run after the floating girl. After about three minutes they came upon a beaten up Touya and a young girl with short brown hair messed up as she lay limp in the boy's arms.
“KEIKO,” cried Yusuke as he ran towards the girl. Jin moved next to Touya as he helped his friend to the ground. One name left his lips before he fell to the ground in pain…
“Kagome.”
All five people turned at the name whispered by the ice koroomie, Eyes widened and in a dash four of the five were gone leaving young Yusuke to watch over the two fallen friends.
Jin was the first to enter the alleyway, he had somehow moved faster than even Hiei, how only the author and some of her psychic reviewers know. The first thing he noticed as he ran into the place was the amount of blood that reached his nose. He felt his eyes begin to bleed red as he noticed some of it was Kagome's.
Moving forward quickly he almost gasped in surprise. Kneeling before him was a woman with glossy black hair that was matted with blood and dirt from the fight. Her school uniform was torn and barely anything was left to cover her. Blood dripped down from her as a man pulled a knife from within her and another beside her kicked her.
Moving forward he was shocked when sapphire eyes gazed glossily at his hair as a small fist made contact with his face. Wind rushed by as he felt himself collide with brick.
“Jin,” shouted Boton as she floated upon an oar next to him, “Jin are you okay?” All that answered her were painful moans as he slowly pulled himself from the wall. Looking towards where he had last seen Kagome, he noticed that she was being held in Shuichi's arms and felt a small squeeze from the pit of his stomach.
Walking towards the girl, he noticed that she was bleeding slightly from the wound in her shoulder and sighed quietly when Shuichi turned towards him with a small smile.
“She's going to be okay, but she needs rest.” He said while pushing a lock of blazing red hair behind his ear.
“Does anybody no where the girl lives?” asked Boton, a hint of worry shinning in her eyes.
“No,” stated Hiei, as he began to remove the bandage from over his head; an eye appeared with purple iris' that shined with malice and deception. Turning towards the girl he allowed his mind to reel in the information given.
Images shot through his mind of people of scenes. He felt the emotions of the girl as she was betrayed time after time. As a small child cried at night for his mother, only for him to wake up to find him not there. He watched as a monk and a Tayija argued with each other during the day, only to fall asleep in each others arms. The last thing he saw before he felt himself being pushed out of her mind was a glowing well inside a small shack on the grounds of a shrine.
Trying to shake his head clear of the images given to him he allowed his eyes to soften at the girl before turning hard and cold once more.
“She lives at a shrine,” he replied coldly while staring at the girl. Never before had he been in a mind as complex and powerful as hers. The mental barriers around it were tough, but once in there, there were parts that he believed were hidden from the girl herself.
He felt a small sigh protrude his lips as his `friends' began to try and solve the riddle that lay before them. He hid a chuckle as an Irish wind master began to limp towards the girl that had knocked him into a wall with the last of her energy.
Kneeling down beside the girl Jin allowed a small hand to caress her face as a small tear escaped his eye. Picking her up they all left, no one noticing the red eyes watching intently from their concealment within the shadows. However if one were to have blinked, they would have missed the malevolent smile, before the creature disappeared into the darkness all together.
 
Thanks all of you for the reviews, they were awesome! Well gotta go. :)