Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hands of fate ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
 
Fall, the spring had withered away to become the beautiful fall. Leaves twirled in the air and flower petals began to slip from their branches. Wind tugged at a figure that stood in the shrine playfully, tugging at her very soul. The suns warm light shined brightly down on the tree beside the figure, causing the remaining leaves to shine with exquisiteness.
“Kagome your back,” exclaimed a voice to the figures right. A little boy with russet hair and coffee colored eyes stood, excitement radiating off him in waves.
“Kagome I missed you,” said the boy as he ran towards the girl, childlike arms rapping around the girl's waist as he held her close. A small smile graced the girl's lips as she ran a tender hand through the boy's hair. Lifting his chin gently, the two eyes met and the little boy gasped in surprise.
“Kagome your eyes, they're…”
“Blue,” Kagome said cutting the boys words off as her smile grew wider, “it seems as though I have some explaining.” And with that the young miko allowed her little brother to drag her into the house located in the middle of the shrine.
===============================================================
“Bye mom,” yelled a black blur as it sped down the stairs, “I love you.”
“Kagome, don't forget…” called her Ms. Higurashi as her daughter ran out of hearing range, “your lunch.” Releasing a small sigh, the woman went back to cleaning the house, assuming the girl would share someone else's.
Kagome ran in the direction of her school when she noticed six boys walking ahead of her. Slowing down she watched with amused sapphire eyes as a tall orange haired boy argued with a short black gravity-defying haired boy.
“What was that shorty?” asked the orange haired boy.
“Moron, I called you a baka, are you deaf as well as stupid?” the short one shot back.
“Grr, come over here and I'll beet the crap out of you,”
“Hn,” said the short one as he dogged the orange haired boy's attacks. However the two did stop when they heard stifled laughter. The six turned to see a dark haired girl with sparkling sapphire eyes looking straight at them whilst chuckling merrily.
Walking up to the six she noticed that all were extremely strong and four were youkai.
“Hello my name is Kagome Higurashi,” she said as she watched five of the people before her, eyes widen at the name.
“Hello Kagome, we're new here and are kind of lost,” said a redhead with emerald eyes that shone brilliantly with wisdom, “could you help us find the school.” He wore the school uniform of her school and her smile merely increased.
“Of course, I'd be glad to,” she said as she began to walk towards the school.
“Why don't I introduce you to my friends,” said the same boy again as he caught up with her easily.
“My name is Shuichi Minamino,” he began.
“And these are my friends Yusuke Urameshi,” he said as he pointed a slim finger towards a boy in green uniform. His black hair was slicked back behind his head and wore an arrogant smirk. He had auburn colored eyes that held kindness comfort behind the punk exterior.
“Feh,”
“Hiei Jaganashi,” the short boy glared silently at Kagome as she smiled kindly. He had black gravity-defying hair that held a small starburst of white within. He wore all black and she glimpsed the katana hanging from his side as he never un-narrowed his blood red eyes. She felt the coldness radiate off him and that he was half fire half ice Kooromie, Sango had told her that was forbidden.
“Hn,”
“Touya Tsukai,” silvery hair was molded back and four aqua bangs lay on the right of his face. She looked into his icy cerulean eyes to find hidden life and compassion in vast quantity He was an ice kooromie that seemed to have mastered it well.
“Hi,”
“Kazuma Kuwabara,” it was the tall orange haired boy who had been fighting with Hiei. She noticed that he seemed a bit slow, but his powers were immense. His eyes were small and beady, and held purity from within. However, she soon felt his large hands overlapping hers, and large heart eyes looking straight into hers.
“Pretty lady, will you be my girlfriend,” he said as he seemed to come closer. Taking a step backwards Kagome felt herself trip and fall into someone as Kuwabara was hit over the head by a large fist.
Two strong arms wrapped around the young miko's waist as Sapphire eyes met navy and each were lost in each others eyes.
“Areyahokay lass?” question the boy as fiery lock spilled from his head. Suddenly feeling how high his arms had risen above her waist, she frowned. A loud smack could be heard echoing throughout the area as the miko got out of the boys grip whilst screaming “PERVERT!”
“And that,” chuckled Shuichi, “is Jin Kaze.”
After the introductions Kagome glared fiercely at Jin who in turn glared just as fervently back whilst talking to Yusuke who reminded her exceedingly much like InuYasha. Soon the group arrived at the school and they all went to get their schedules.
Walking down the hallway towards the main office Touya snuck a sidelong glance at his best friend Jin. He watched humorously as the two fought like an old married couple. Allowing a small smile to cross his lips he listened amusedly to the two bicker.
“Will you stop looking at me you pervert,” said Kagome while grinding her teeth together.
“I'matrying tofigureaout howanyonecanbesougly, freak,” he said in his Irish accent as he smirked at his victory.
“Moron, why don't you learn to speak slower so people can understand what your lame insults are?”
“Soyou'readeaf aswellaasstupid?”
“Grr, osuwari (sp,)” she yelled, but then clapped a petite hand over her mouth as her eyes widened at what she had just said. Looking down she quickly wondered how a boy could invoke such furry within her at merely catching her when she fell.
“Gomen,” she stated eyes downcast as she moved silently towards the office that had just come into view. She quietly walked into the office as a certain red haired boy stared quietly after her, wondering why the girl would want him to sit.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Seven figures walked out of the office, six with small sheets of paper. Kagome quickly looked over the sheet Kuwabara held and raised an eyebrow at what he had picked.
“You're joining the Kitten's Society?” she asked while looking at the boy like he was crazy.
“What's wrong with that?” asked Jin defending Kuwabara.
“Nothing I suppose, I'm sure lots of men join that group,” she stated sarcastically.
“Shuichi, may I please see your schedule?” the miko asked, effectively changing the subject, as she gave him her best puppy dog eyes.
“Here,” he said as he wilted under the eyes. Grabbing the paper Kagome read it to find that they both had history and P.E. together.
Looking at the other boys one at a time she discovered she had at least one class with each and they all shared the same lunch.
Handing Jin back his paper, she quickly started towards her first class after telling the four that didn't share it with her where to go.
“Come on,” she said as she Yusuke and Touya headed towards their first class, while walking Kagome noticed her friends waiting for her by the classroom door.
“Kagome you're back,” said Ayame as she waited for her friend.
“Kagome, should you be at school today? What about you malaria?” asked Yuki as she looked worriedly over her friend.
“Or did you come for other reasons?” Eri asked as she nodded her head towards the boys behind her friend a mischievous smile playing at her lips.
“I'm going to kill gramps when I get home,” thought the priestess as her eye began to twitch, “why can't he just say I have a cold, or the flu?” A scarlet blush lit the girl's cheeks as she tried to make her friends see reason while moving towards her desk.
Soon the teacher walked in and had Yusuke and Touya introduce themselves before beginning the class, English.
################################################################# #######
After an interesting day Kagome released a sigh of relief when the lunch bell finally rang. After the confrontation with Ayume, Eri, and Yuki, Kagome had been forced to tell about her illness and how often she missed school. Needless to say, there had been a lot of questions.
Heading to her locker, she stopped, she suddenly remembered that she had no lunch, having left it at home in her hurry to get to school.
“Shit,” she swore under her breath.
“Young ladies shouldn't swear you know,” said a voice to the miko's right. Turning around she found herself face to face with Touya.
“I wish you wouldn't do that,” Kagome replied as she desperately tried to calm herself.
“Do what,” he questioned a small smirk lighting his face before turning serious, “So why did you curse?”
“I left my lunch at home,” she said.
“I'm sure Jin will share with you,” he replied as they began to walk towards the lunch room. His eyes seemed to sparkle with mischief and she briefly wondered what the strange youkai was up to.
“I'd rather go hungry then be forced to eat after a pervert,” she replied smoothly. However Touya didn't answer and she soon found herself in the court yard looking at the beautiful Cherry blossoms that were falling from spring's departure.
“Hey guys,” called Touya as he Yusuke, leaving the only spot open beside Jin.
“What took you to so long?” asked Yusuke as he watched Kagome glare intensely at Touya.
“You two kissed didn't you?” asked Kuwabara. At this statement food went flying from everyone except Shuichi and Hiei's mouth as all eyes turned towards Kuwabara.
“We're just friends,” said Touya as he cleaned up his mess. Shuichi in an attempt to prevent a fight quickly looked for an excuse to stop the approaching argument which at that time happened to be Kagome's lunch.
“Kagome, where's your lunch,” he asked quizzically while looking her straight in the eye.
“I don't have it,” she replied while staring at the ground. A small smile graced Yusuke's lips as Touya, Yusuke, and Shuichi all shared knowing smirks.
“Why don't you share with Jin,” Yusuke asked a glint in his eyes.
“I'd rather starve then eat after a pervert,” she said fiercely, then quickly added; “besides I'm not hungry.”
“Right,” retorted Shuichi as a low mumble escaped her stomach. Blushing a pretty pink simply ate the apple thrown at her by Hiei, who got tiered of listening to his friends argue over the girl's health.
After lunch Kagome headed towards P.E. while explaining to the others where to go. She would be sharing this class with Suichii, Hiei, and the pervert … opps I meant Jin.
“Hello Class,” called the teacher as the students all filed in, “this semester we will be practicing Kendo, Archery, and Karate. We have three new students in our class also, so you should all be nice to them.” As she said this Hiei, Shuichi, and Jin all stood up before sitting down so the teacher could continue.
“Now class, who in here has ever handled a bow before?” asked the teacher as he looked around the room. Six people raised their hand out of the fourteen that were their and he had them stand up and grab a bow. Of them were Kagome, Shuichi, Hiei, Sakura, Suzaka, and Shinduro. The six stood up and three of them simply grabbed a bow and randomly picked five arrows whilst the other three did not. Kagome, Shuichi, and Hiei all searched through the boxes until they each found a good bow and looked carefully at each arrow they chose.
“Well now that we all have our things I want to see how good of shot you all are. So when I blow the whistle draw the arrow and when I blow it the next time shoot, got it? Good.” And with that he blew the whistle. The whistle was heard a second time and six arrows whistled towards their targets all hitting the red, three of which hitting the dead center. This repeated four times over to find all arrows somewhat in the middle and Kagome's splitting itself.
“Well done all of you, because you're performance was so great all of you can work with a partner tomorrow and because we are short on time I'll just read the list of.”
“….and Hiei, Jin and Kagome, Kurama and….” A loud BRIINGG sounded through the halls and the four walked to their separate classrooms. The rest of the day passed in a blur until the bell finally rang signaling the end of school.
Walking towards the exit to the school, Kagome allowed a small sigh to pass her lips as she allowed her mind to wander. Looking up at the clear blue sky, she watched as the birds fluttered noisily through the air singing harmonically as they twirled around each other. They were so carefree, flying upon the wind, free from all worries and doubts, no one to tell them what to do, only to live each day at its fullest; how she envied them.
“Hey Kagome,” called Touya as he ran to catch up with his friend, “wait up.” And with a final burst of speed he caught up with her. She smiled slightly as his frozen eyes warmed slightly.
“Hey Touya,” she replied a smile lighting her features, “what's up?”
“Nothing much, I wanted to ask you something,” he said his face becoming a bit more serious.
“What?” she asked as she looked within his eyes.
“I was wondering…” but was cut off by a loud scream. Both heads turned towards the sound ant the two ran after the sound. Finding the noise was the easy part. Getting to the girl being held by about two thugs would be another. Every gangster in the city must have been in that ally.
“Uh-Oh,” whispered the young miko as she looked on with wide eyes. Touya seemed to have caught the whisper and looked at her with wide eyes.
“Kagome get out of here now,” he said but was to late the thugs had already begun to advance upon the two.
“This looks like fun,” thought the priestess as she begun to punch the advancing gangsters.