Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hands of fate ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagura picked up the fallen girl and headed towards where she knew the encampment was located. On her way there she took the time to look over the girl's new appearance. Her once wavy black hair now was a midnight blue with streaks of indigo and green. The outfit she had worn in her demon form had changed back into the school uniform. The girl was also very light making it easy for her to carry her back to the village.
“Why are you carrying my okka-san” asked a small voice from her left on a low limb. Eyes widening she spun quickly to find the origin of the voice. A small fury red Kitsune child stood with narrow green eyes and fox fire ready to defend his adopted mother. However Kagura just sighed in relief when she noticed it was just the kit.
“Your mother is fine just exhausted, let me get her to the camp so she can rest.”
“Why should I trust you?”
“Because you have no choice, and besides I could easily have killed the miko and left her body to rot, but I didn't.”
“Fine but one last question why do you smell like Naraku but human?” this question stopped her in her tracks.
“Nnnaraaaakukuku,” she stuttered, “who's Naraku.”
“Never mind, why are you carrying Kagome?”
“Didn't you say that was your last question?” The kit reddened in embarrassment then decided to try one of Totousai's old tricks.
“What question? I think you may have hit your head a little to hard.” Shippo said while whistling innocently. However Kagura was already walking ahead of him having ignored his last comeback. At this Shippo nearly fell out of his branch and began to scurry after her a huge sweat drop hanging from his head.
“So what's your name?” he asked innocently.
“Kanaka” as she said this the two emerged into a small campsite to find a young woman holding a large boomerang ready to attack and young man beside her grinning impishly at the woman while holding a long staff. Finally their was a tall white haired man holding a huge sword about ready to strike when Kagome began to mumble in her sleep.
“I'd love to sit and have tea with you, but I'm afraid I've been sitting all day and it just wouldn't be comfortable to sit right now.” At this InuYasha fell into a huge crater the size of his body.
“Bitch what was that for,” screamed the haynou in red as he awaited the spell to wear off. Jumping easily out he met the dirt again as she mumbled, “Sit.”
And that was how Kanaka met the Inu-tachi, or rather how the Inu-tachi met Kanaka.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%three days later%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
“InuYasha, I'm going home,” said Kagome as she looked deep within the haynou's eyes.
“Feh, whatever,” he said as he sniffed the air.
“Be back in a week, bye,” she said as she ran off in the direction of the well.
“I'm glad I'm a youkai,” she thought as she slowed down upon seeing the well and the grassy clearing surrounding her.
“InuYasha would have never let me go home if he hadn't smelled Kikyo.” Over the years Kagome had realized that she had never truly loved InuYasha she was merely infatuated with him because Kikyo had loved him even in death and that trait had passed to her through the soul.
Walking over to the well she sat on the rim thinking about how different her life would be if she had not fallen through the well before she heard soft footsteps behind her. Smiling she turned to see Kagura walking towards her.
“You're leaving so soon?” she asked quietly. Over the week that the two had spent together they had become close friends as did Sango and her, the only thing was no one knew of the secret the two had been hiding.
“I must see my family again, and my cousin is coming over so I must be there to meet her.” She replied sadly. Neither whished to leave the other, but they knew that they must. Kagura ran clumsily up to the girl while hugging her in a bear like fashion.
“I will miss you. When will you return?”
“In a week, goodbye.” She said seeing the tears in her friend's eye, “besides I'll be back before you know it.”
“I know, it's just I have this really bad feeling that's all.”
“That might be from the amount of ramen you ate,” was her reply before she fell into the well, leaving the other girl with a saddened smile.
“That it might,” she whispered to the wind, “but I doubt it immensely.”
And with that she was gone from the spot to protect the little Kitsune child from the dog haynou's wrath.