Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Intertwined Permanently ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
-HIEI’S POV-

As I left the huts window I heard the faint sound of the woman’s soft voice. It said “I’ll hold you to that, Hiei.” ‘Go on ahead and do so. I will save you, but not because of my job or because I really care, I just don’t want you to be able to say that I lied to you.’
Were my thoughts, which I knew were at least partially true. The only part not true about it was the fact that I care, but only a little.

With that thought, I continued on in search of a nice tree and once I found one I laid on it and fell into a light sleep.

-KAGOME’S POV-

I watched as Hiei ran off until I could no longer see him anymore, which didn’t take very long with his super speed.

Once he was out of sight I walked back over to my perch by the crack in the wall. I put my food back into its hiding place; I didn’t feel hungry any longer, and went to sleep, no longer worried about dieing, for I had Hiei now and I had a feeling that he wouldn’t let me down.

-HIEI’S POV-

I woke up early the next morning to the horrid smell of that clay pot. I looked down to see that clay pot and the hanyou walking towards where I lay. Unable to stand the smell and not wanting to get caught (Not that they could beat me in a fight, I just wasn’t in the mood to fight them.) I left in a blur towards the village where Kagome currently resided. Once I got there the stench of the pot was overpowered by the scent of Sakura petals and vanilla. ‘Kagome’s scent. Her wonderful scent.’ ‘What am I saying?! She doesn’t smell good! She doesn’t even look good! She means nothing to me; all she is is someone that my boss is forcing me to protect against my own will! She’s just another stupid human!’ I thought, denying the fact that I really did care for her and think that she smelled and looked good.

I decided to stay in a tree by her hut where I could watch Kagome sleep.

-KAGOME’S POV-

I awoke the next morning, rather late for me, probably because of my talk with Hiei. For some reason I just couldn’t get that demon off of my mind. Somehow it seemed that knowing that Hiei would protect me helped me rest even easier than I did when I knew I had Inuyasha. Somehow it seemed that I could open myself up to Hiei easier than I could with anyone else. Easier than with my own mother, and I barely even knew him!

I absolutely love his crimson eyes! They are so cool! I also loved his hair. I wonder how he got it like that? wonder how

As I continued thinking about Hiei I barely noticed a light tapping coming from the window. When I did notice it I walked over to it and opened it. Surprisingly it was Hiei! Once I moved out of the way he poked his head into the hut. I was about to ask what he wanted when I heard a soft growl coming from him and a light blush tainting his cheeks.

I giggled and asked, “ Are you hungry?”

“Hn, why do you care?” He said, obnoxiously.

I ignored him and took some food from its hiding place, “here, Hiei,” and I handed him some and kept some for myself.

As we ate I asked Hiei some questions and he answered, rather reluctantly.

He told me about his duties as a spirit detectives and I told him about my duties as the Shikon jewels guardian. He then told me about his rough and tumble past which made me cry. It was so sad. I felt really bad for Hiei, but I knew that he wouldn’t want my pity, so I sat and cried softly, trying to calm down. Hiei just looked at me without emotion but I knew that he was at least a little confused.

When I finally stopped I told him that I was sorry and he just stared at me so I continued our conversation where it left off and told him about my brother and my grandfathers deaths and about my friends betrayal. At one point I thought that I saw some emotion flash onto his face. It was nighttime when he left and I just went to sleep, Hiei, once again, the only thing on my mind.

-TO BE CONTINUED-

PLEASE REVIEW! THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO DID! I’D LIKE TO RECOMMEND ‘Shippo’s Fiery Mistake’ to everyone. It’s really funny!- Alwayshiei