Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Intertwined Permanently ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
-HIEI’S POV-

I landed roughly on a forest floor after falling through the portal leading me out of Koenma’s office and into the past. I looked around at my surroundings and noticed a well that had many bones within it. I then saw a small ningen village not too far off and decided to begin my search for the girl ‘Kagome’ there.

-KAGOME’S POV-

I sat in the hut that my ‘friends’ sealed me in last night, watching, through a crack, small children playing tag not too far off. Oh how much I wish that I could go back to when I was a young child who played in the park with friends without a care in the world. But I couldn’t go back, no matter how much I wanted to.

At my death Kikyo and I shall sit in a circle drawn on the ground and Inuyasha shall tell the Shikon jewel his decision. Then the jewel will pull Kikyo and I inside of it. Once inside Midoriko will have to perform some spell that will withdraw my soul from my body and put it into Kikyo. Then they will give my body to Kikyo so she won’t be a clay pot anymore. Kaede also saw it fit to add that it will be extremely painful when they pull my soul from my body.

I guess I don’t mind all that much, I just wish that I could say bye to my mom; my brother and grandpa were killed in a car crash. Oh well, just one more bad thing that is going to happen to me but I’ll be ok.

-HIEI’S POV-

I made it to the village and am now in the trees preparing to attack the hanyou guarding the hut that I think the girl is in, seeing as to how there are seal covering it almost completely.

Right before I attacked the hanyou left abruptly at the calling of a woman, dressed in miko garbs who looks almost exactly the same as ‘Kagome’ does, but not quite. Besides, this woman smells of clay and graveyard dirt. It’s disgusting.

I changed my mind and am now going to wait till night falls and everyone is asleep before I go down to the hut to see who or what is so precious that is is sealed so carefully.

-NIGHTTIME; EVERYONE IS ASLEEP-
-KAGOME’S POV-

I watched as everyone drifted away, into there own quarters before I began slowly eating some of the food I hid in my pocket. I didn’t want to eat that clay pots cooking unless I really had to.
As I ate I saw a shadow flit from a nearby tree over to my hut. It then, quickly and quietly, forced open a really small window that I couldn’t even fit into. It probably chose that window because it was the only part of the hut not covered with seals.

The ‘blur’ then poked his head in and asked “Are you ‘Kagome Higurashi’?”

“Y-yes, I am.” I stuttered out, nervously.

“Hn. I am Hiei, and I work for the Spirit World, I was sent back in time to rescue you and take you back to my boss. Don’t ask why.” Hiei said.

“Oh, how do you plan to save me though? This hut is covered in seals that could kill you and I if touched or tampered with too much.” I explained.

“I’m not sure. I’ll probably have to save you at this ritual thing my boss mentioned. When is that going to happen?” He replied.

In three days.” I said.

“Then I’ll get you in three days.” Hiei said, and then disappeared into the night as quickly as he came.

“I’ll hold you to that, Hiei.” I called out softly, into the night, hoping he heard me.