Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Intertwined Permanently ❯ Chapter 15

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"Will I... WHAT?!" Kagome asked, rather loudly.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Hojo repeated himself, " Why do you sound so shocked...? Oh, I know why! Kagome, Kagome, you don't need to worry about that! I've always considered you to be my girlfriend! Ever since we were in middle school. But, we, I mean... We were never actually... I never specifically asked you to be my girlfriend, thus we never technically were. But now, we're in college, and our relationship has remained ever-strong, so we really should be thinking of our future together, and I thought going public and actually being girlfriend and boyfriend was a good starting point. So, will you?"

"... EVER-STRONG?! YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!! OUR FUTURE?!!!" Kagome shouted.'How can he say that?! How dumb is he? Sheesh! Doesn't he even realize that I've been gone for 10 months without even so much as a phone call?! Knowing that, how can he say "ever-strong"?!!'

"Kagome! Don't get too excited! Soon enough, we can move in together. But for the time being, I need you to answer the question, so our relationship can be, in concrete, so to speak." Hojo said confidently.

"But, why ME?" Kagome asked Hojo quietly.

"Because I LIKE you Kagome!" Hojo replied.

'He "likes" me. Of couse. Everyone always "likes" me. Inuyasha did too, before the whole Kohaku thing anyways, But... How come nobody ever LOVES me? Why didn't Inuyasha? Why doesn't Hojo? Why doesn't anyone?!' Kagome thought.

" Kagome, how do you feel about me?" Hojo asked.

-WITH HIEI-

"Hiei! Where are you going?" Kurama asked.

"To throw this away." Was his simple answer.'I wonder what's taking Kagome so long? Ah! It's those three annoying waitress's! What are they doing hiding behind a trash can? What are they watching? Eh? It's Kagome and she's talking to some annoying looking guy.'

-WITH THE THREE ANNOYING WAITRESS'S-

"Hey Ayumi, Eri, do you think it'll work?" Yuka asked her friends.

"Of course! How can she refuse? It'd make him sad, and you know Kagome." Ayumi replied.

-FLASHBACK-

"Hojo! You do know that Kagome goes to school here now, right?" Yuka asked.

" Of couse." Hojo replied.

"Then ask her to be your girlfriend." Ayumi said.

"W-what?" Hojo said.

" ASK HER OUT! SHE LOVES YOU! She's madly in love, with YOU! She'd be SO happy if you did this, And it'd be a 'yes' for sure! Trust us, we'd know! We're Kagome's BEST friends, and have been for years. So COME ON!!!" Eri said eagerly.

"Oh, allright." Hojo gave in.

-END FLASHBACK-

"W-well Hojo I-"Kagome began, only to be interupted.

"Kagome."

"Huh?!" Kagome said, as she turned around to come face-to-face with Hiei.

"The bell will ring soon." Hiei said.

"Excuse me,sir, but, can you give us a minute? This is a private and very important matter, that I have to discuss with Kagome. It will only take a minute. So, can you?" Hojo asked Hiei politely.

"No. I can't." Hiei replied in a harsh tone.

"But it's-"

"Important? I doubt that." Hiei said as he began pulling Kagome away.

"I'll ask you to NOT touch my girlfriend." Hojo said, actually a bit angry, for once.

"Your girlfriend? I doubt that too." Hiei replied, masking his shock at the statement from his face and voice.

"Why, yes, she is. In fact, we're getting married." Hojo said.

"Then where's the ring?" Hiei said, indicating Kagome's ring finger.

"Right here" Hojo said as he pulled a pretty and expensive looking ring from his pocket, and then kneeling in front of Kagome."Kagome, will you marry me?"

"... HUH?!!!!" Kagome yelled, more shocked than perhaps she was, even when she found out about the jewel being in her body.

"She accepts!" Yuka said as she Ayumi and Eri ran towards them.

"Kagome. Will you be my wife?" Hojo asked sincerely.

'Does she really like this Hojo?! DOES SHE?!!' Hiei thought, as he watched the scene before him.

"Hojo, I really do LIKE you but... my answer is of course-"Kagome was cut off by the school bell ringing.

"REALLY?! THANK YOU SO MUCH! We're engaged!!" Hojo yelled excitedly as he quickly put the ring on Kagome's finger.

"Congrats! We'd love to stay and celebrate, but we'd all better get to class. You too Hojo. Bye Kagome!" Yuka yelled as she Ayumi and Eri dragged Hojo to the classroom, all three with grins that easily said "Our-plan-worked-and-there-was-no-complications".

"...What...?" Kagome whispered quietly, more shocked than ever.

"Well, we'd better go." Hiei said quietly as he turned and left, the now accidentally-engaged Kagome awkwardly following behind.

-TO BE CONTINUED-