Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pain Don't Mean a Thing ❯ Amplifying Our Pain ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

HIIIIIIII! I live!!!! Sorry for the major delay. But we moved, YAY! It makes me so exited!!! Our comp is up so I will try to write daily. You guys might of heard of my new idea and if you haven't check out my profile I put it at the beginning. So here we are at the 4th chapter of `Pain Don't Mean a Thing' I'll try to make this extra long for the delay oh and this chapter is dedicated toKawaiiKoneko89 (on mediaminer.org) who is the only one who attempted to annoy me. Though it didn't work. Lol
><><><>!! News (of my life) update!! I got a boyfriend!!! Who I am so totally head over heels for^.^ I miss him already ( it's been approximately 25 minutes since I've last seen him!!)… and now I've broken up with him…and I DARE anybody to pity me so help me go I will email the rest of this story and leave you who pity me out of that…ok now…><><><><>
 
Chapter Title: Amplifying Our Pain
 
Me: *~bows apologetically~* I'm SORRYYYY!!!! (Like ritsu-chan)
Satare: oh yes bow to them, it makes you an easier target
Sana: Oh come now Satare, be nice, you know your sorry too.
Satare: You only wish Sana; it's less work for me
Me: ::glomps Satare:: NOOOOOO NEVER SAY THAT!!
Satare: Then I should lie?
Me: * ~Wails~ * noooo *~ then silently collapses and sobs~*
Sana: SATARE!!! LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!
Satare: *~Smirks~* ooooh Sana I didn't know you could yell.
Sana: ::shakes her head in dumbfounded ness of Satare:: you jerk, now you say the disclaimer!
 
DISCLAIMER: She don't own Sana don't own I don't own, so leave the subject alone.
 
` Italics with ' = thoughts
The song at he end is mine.
Oh by the way, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! ::ahem::
Minna: On With Tha' Show!!!
Pain Don't Mean A Thing,
Chapter 4
Amplifying Our Pain
 
*~ General POV~ *
 
The tallest soul was in the shape of a middle-aged woman, with homely eyes but yet a somewhat distraught expression. Thou past all of the stray ends that came with being dead, and buy a violent death no less, she looked the entire part of a stay at home mother. With her care worn eyes and the frailness of her emotions, yet the understanding only a mother could hold in her eyes as well as the terror of death.
 
The smallest soul, was apparently a young boy 10 perhaps at most. His eyes were very readable, and it was easy to tell that those very eyes had once held mirth and mischief, but were now filled with fear and confusion, pain, woe. It was a heart-breaking sight. The soul of a young boy so easily over taken by this darkness called murder.
 
The last soul was, to say… well quite frankly, he was OLD. Age had creased his face like the folds of origami, slowly worked out over the time of his years. His eyes thou were somewhat hope inspiring, filled with defiance. Saying loudly in the determination of the older generation, “ NO! I won't be consumed by sorrow!” and he wasn't. The old man formerly known as Elder Higurashi, stood in the middle of the boy and mother, forming a type of sloping appearance within the family, tallest to smallest.
 
The mother's eyes suddenly took to the room, searching the faces automatically cataloging them all, determining who and what they were with a mothers gaze. A mothers gaze, something that would never be easily replicated. Until their flitting ceased as her eyes landed on Yusuke Urameshi, her eyes opened into the widest of surprise and her essence shook with the effort to stay upright.
 
* ~Yusuke's POV~ *
 
Ms. Higurashi took a tentative step towards me. I suddenly felt realization and dawning, and with that shock, my mind enveloped my senses and I withdrew into myself to think, slightly aware of the world around me.
 
“ Oh little Yuyu! You're not dead are you?!” she asked in suspicious alarm.
“ Aun- Auntie Tori? What … the….”
Yusuke's sentence ran off once again putting 1+1 together hoping to find a mistake in his calculations.
 
`This Naraku guy killed aunt Tori?!'
That's why it was personal for him and ka..go..m….e?
` Oh SHIT! KAGOME! This must've really gotten to her!'
 
Yusuke was about to open her mouth but Aunt Tori beat him to it. While Yusuke had been contemplating Tori's eyes had once more disheartened and then cataloged the room. Then Tori's eyes landed on Kagome.
 
“ Kagome? Oh dear, honey did… did..Aku….”
She couldn't bring herself to finish that train of thought…. Not that of course I had any qualms about finishing that off not so nicely… in my head of course.
Did Aku kill you Kagome?
 
Kagome's eyes widened fractionally softening as they returned, then once again putting up a guarded expression.
 
“ No, NO mom I'm alive. Really, it's just…”
Kagome ran her sentence right of the road. It seemed we all were having trouble finishing our sentences. Family reunions SUCKED. Auntie Tori's eyes flashed in relief and then her head drooped downward in shame unseen.
 
“ Oh, Kagome dear, if I…. If only I...had been there…. If only I had protected everyone better… you wouldn't be in this situation, you … you wouldn't have to go through this…for-Forgive me Kagome-sama”
 
Tori bowed deeply her short hair suspended in air while Kagome's eyes widened, my own eyes following suit. She was bow-ing to her daughter! That, that just wasn't right...Kagome wore a pained expression her face playing contortionist, thou I could only imaging how it was no more that a fleck of dust compared to her heart, which was no doubt twisted into impossible shapes.
 
My own heart, was screwed into agonizing positions, seeing this woman whom I had regarded as somewhat of a hero-figure bow to her only daughter, in front of her grandfather, her son, her nephew, and above all (only in social stature) the prince of the spirit world. It was so humiliating to herself, so degrading. Not only that but she had called kagome, sama… she had called Kagome her superior, that was so utterly wrong on so many levels. Kagome's face was frozen in shock her eyes still saucers.
 
Slowly Kagome's eyes returned to normal, her face transcending into a scowl as her eyes reverted. Kagome opened her mouth to speak, anger laced within each word, each breath.
 
“ Mother.” She bit out slowly, her teeth no doubt gritted. “ Don't you ever say that again, so long as your spirits remain or so help me Kami!” Her harsh tone softening until `Kami' was naught but a whisper heard by all and none.
 
Kagome dropped to her knees coming eye level to her mother. She wrapped both of her hands around Tori's shoulders. “ Please, don't say that mom, never. Don't bow to me either I deserve no respect, no less from you. It's my fault, not yours.” Kagome slowly stood up dragging her mom with her.
 
“ I did not properly destroy Naraku-“
“ How could you have?! You were so young!” Tori interjected, grabbing Kagome's shoulders roughly in the same manner as Kagome had hers.
“ I wasn't there in your time of need.”
“ You didn't know!” Tori wailed.
 
“ I WASN'T THERE MOM, I WASN”T FUCKING THERE! I LET YOU DIE, I FAILED YOU”
Kagome's words came out in a jumbled rush, emotion drowning out content, so much despair.
 
I wanted to go to kagome and aunt Tori, but what would I do? It's not like I could just go up and say `Hey guys, it's all right' That was another great way to soft serve me. My heart thou, went out to kagome and aunt Tori. Their was nothing I could do, nothing at all. Kagome's head hung dejectedly now, her shoulders heaving up and down with each breath.
“ The only ones to blame are Naraku for his dastardly ways and me for my ignorance”
I thought I saw Hiei nod, confirming her `ignorance.'
` I'M GONNA KILL THAT MIDGET SON-OF-A-BITCH!'
Hiei's head swerved my direction.
`OH SHIT! HE'S GONNA TRY TO BEAT ME UP…heh try that is, he couldn't beat me a year ago and he can't beat me now!'
Hiei's head turned my direction head on, giving me his best all-time glare.
`Why can't I just go crawl under a rock or something?'
 
I squirmed in my shoes, this was really uncomfortable, and even though I could beat Hiei, that didn't mean I wanted to mess with him. If I really pissed him off we'd both be down-and-out for days I liked being able to walk thank you very much.
` Watch your tongue detective or I might just try to chop that infernal thing out of your mouth and mind.'
I really didn't want to know or experience that process, I had no doubt in my mind what's so ever that he really could silence my `inner voice,' and it sounded painful.
 
My mind was drawn back to world around me when Kagome turned her back on her mother to face and address Koennma. Her face had regained her stony appearance and her voice no longer held any earlier emotions.
 
“ Do you job Koennma. We have matters to discuss, matters I do not appreciate my family hearing.”
Aunt Tori instead of looking confused, as I had imagined her to look was quite calm and collected, moving back into place with the rest of the dead portion of her family.
“ Goodbye Souta, Gramps, mom.”
Koennma nodded, and then signaled Botan over from her the corner of the room she had been inhabited. Botan nodded, understanding, and lead the spirits out with a silent reserve.
*~ Authoresses POV~ *
 
 
 
 
Attention was raptly brought back to Kagome as she began to speak in a soft demanding tone.
“ Koennma, you're detectives are only in this to keep watch. Nothing more nothing less, got it? They are not to fight Naraku.”
 
Koennma's face flushed an indignant red and he tugged at his collar apparently attempting self-control for once. Yhea, not working.
“ Kagome! If he is really back, you'll need protection!” Kagome's reply; a stern glare.
“ Oh? And what happened to the last people who `protected' me? Huh? They died Koennma, no others will find their graves because of me and my cause. Do you understand me you pea-brained-tot?”
 
Koennma flushed once more his face going for `cherry'. Hiei simply smirked and imagined the `Tot's pea sized brain' and sent it out to all of spirit world. Most would brush it off as a random thought but the more…aware ones would be laughing off their asses.
 
After a moment of angry silence Koennma's lips turned upwards slightly in a smirk as Kagome fun-house-mirrored his mouth, hers slowly turning into a slight frown.
“ What would Sesshomaru do lady kagome? If he where here now what would he do, say?
 
Kagome's glare increased tenfold her mouth turning down even more. Kagome's mouth stopped half way into forming the first words or her oh-so-smart retort as the giant oak doors to Koennma's office swung open for the third time to interrupt Kagome and Koennma's verbal sparring match.
 
(*~ ooh can I end it here? *~dodges flying objects and then readers advance with a rabid Jaken~* Okay okay! This snap out moment was brought to you be…well me. ~*)
 
A tall regal figure appeared within the doors a shadowy mist enveloping him and shading his face. The very presence of his aura demanded respect, attention, and acknowledgement. He radiated power and royalty clung to him like glue. He was in a regal pose, nose in the air and above all others.
 
His face held a judgmental look that made you feel as if he held supremacy over you. His aura, while demanded many things was calm and cool as if he was completely right in all situations and rightly confident, his face mirrored it perfectly, cool and collected devoid of all emotion other than boredom.
 
The man's, for he was a man, was in a high and regal ponytail that gracefully descended down his back. The tightness of the ponytail pulled at the skin of his face, stretching it, making his face look longer and more eloquent.
 
Kagome's eyes widened loosing all traces of the void that had claimed her heart so long ago. “ Sess…Sesshomaru?!” She took a quick few powerful strides towards him and stopped barely a hair's breadth away from him, obviously oblivious to their small, if contained, audience.
 
Hiei managed to stifle a glare towards the great inu youkai. Why he wanted to glare at him, he had no earthly idea. Maybe it was because he was so close to Kag… the girl, so close to that damned onna. An onna he could never ever get that close to. He could obtain something he could not.
 
Youko Kurama on the other hand was mere centimeters from bursting through the physical barrier that Kurama held over him. Youko wanted to rip the dog limb from limb, how dare he get so close to such a beautiful woman. A woman he wanted to claim, she was his riddle to solve! She was his damn it!
 
Kagome normally would have been paying attention to everyone's mind and thoughts. But Sesshomaru was all she could think of, all she had capacity for in her mind that was suddenly so small, too small.
 
Sesshomaru seemed unruffled by her close proximity. He had expected her to turn and ignore him, shun him, or something of that sort but nothing like what she did. Sesshomaru knew that she knew what not to do and what he could do to him in company; he did have a reputation to uphold.
 
Kagome slowly, unbelievingly, as if in a trance, raised her hand up to his cheek, gently cupping it as if he would disappear.
Hiei and Youko's blood Boiled.
 
Sessho's eyes shot wide open, then froze in shock.
“ You're real…” It was a question, a statement, a truth. Her hand suddenly went limp drooping down back to her side numbly.
Kagome's body shook… with anger, relief, or sadness?
With what this Sesshomaru did not know. Her head was down cast her hair shadowed her face.
“ All this time…” this time more force behind the words, more than the mid-whisper she had been at, surer, more confident. The emotion behind it was astounding. Her aura swirled around her, with a dark and confusing design, intimate colors, dark colors, colors undistinguishable in a bright frenzied display, but all of them were not good.
------------------------------------
 
So They Cry - Ookami-san(the animelover)
 
Heaven tried to take my hand
But lost to the night was I
And they say it rained black blood that day,
When the devil's angels cried
For The loss that was I
 
But the night I walk
Is not dark nor right
I'll hold my honor true
I'll give my loyalties to me and me alone
Cause' my heart can't see within the darkness
 
[Chorus]
So they cry
And the blood rains down from the sky
An' I feel cleansed
Because it means that I am me
And nobody
Could tell me who I am
 
And when the world comes crashing down
And the screams will ring from near and far
A smile then will grace my lips
Cause I am me
And you are you
And nobody can tell us who
We are
 
[Chorus]
So they cry
And the blood rains down from the sky
An' I feel cleansed
Because it means that I am me
And nobody
Could tell me who I am
 
Or who I was
Who am I now?
Only I decide
To who and what I abide
And within me my heart divide
To hide behind this mask of mine
And only I shall know who I am
 
 
[Chorus]
So they cry
And the blood rains down from the sky
An' I feel cleansed
Because it means that I am me
And nobody
Could tell me who I am
 
And Nobody
Nobody could tell
Me who I am.
 
[Chorus]
So they cry
And the blood rains down from the sky
An' I feel cleansed
Because it means that I am me
And nobody
Could tell me who I am
 
 
 
~ So they cry
 
Ok, so I finally churned out this chapter, sorry about that thou, I've no excuse for a 4 or 5 or whatever long absence. Please review so I can get my moral up about this damn story. I expect also to put up a small one-shot about Kikyo latter on today that I will not extend. So go tell all your mm.org & ff.net friends that `Hey! That lazy authoress Ookami-san (the animelover) finally updated her chapter!!!
 
Satare: where'd Satake go?
Me: I don't know! Why do you think I had so many problems getting this chapter out? My muse was missing
Satake: - comes in with a bunch of dust and asphalt clinging to her she looks super annoyed- *~ glares~ * Do you have any possible idea how long it took me to find you after you moved god damn it!
Everyone: Satake!
Me: -runs and hugs Satake- now I can write!!!!
Satare: oh great, now she can torture readers with crapy writing
Sana: - hits Satare over the head with her purse- jackass
Satake & Me: O_o
Sana: -^.^-
Me: oooooookay…. Well any who
 
Oh and before I forget a small shout out to some recent reviewers
On mm.org
 
Chihiro1985- sorry to say this but this is a hiei/kag I intend to put a little kag/ kur fluff in it thou!
 
Chezlea- happy makes hyper
And all you others I am updating!
 
On ff.net
 
 
 
 
And the credits Roll!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
|
V
Review…