Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pain Don't Mean a Thing ❯ Passing The Personal ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hello!!!!! I made it!!!! Chapter 3: Passing the Personal.
 
Ok so not the best title
But OK for the fact that I flipped to a page and said hm… I guess this will work.
You'll understand later on in the story.
 
Disclaimer: ……….. if they where on ebay I'd be ibuy but their not LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
 
I don't deserve this torture!! ok so maybe I do. THE FOOD FIGHT WAS NOT my idea!!!!!!
 
my original chapter title was. No Need For Protectors and Flashbacks… like a Tenchi Muyo thing.
 
I figured out this word thingy even more!!! So no more middle font bit.
 
This chapter is dedicated to my little sis cause I'm about ready to leaver her in Naraku's jurisdiction! I cannot read in this house……. ::ahem::
If you look at my fanfiction.net profile you'll find out why I ain't goin' into details, thank you.
Know one who actually has tried to annoy me! Common guys! CONTEST…( chapter 2)
 
I'm gonna have my own version of Omake theater at the end, just something that popped into my mind after lion king and my little sister needing to become one of Naraku's right hand woman for her skills in ANNOYING HER BIG SISTER WHEN SHE”S READING!!!…….::ahem:: right….
EVERYONE(minna): On with tha' show!
 
Chapter 3- Passing the Personal.
* Yuske's pov *
 
“Wha- WHAT THE HELL?! Why is my cousin HERE!!!!”
 
I blurted/yelled out. Effectively startling Kurama and Kuwabara. Kagome sighed and rubbed her temple, hopelessly trying to stave off the pounding headache that would, no doubt, come into full force Very, very soon.
 
I turned to Koennma and glared like there was no tomorrow,
Which there wouldn't be if he didn't give me the right answer.
 
 
“Why the hell is my cousin here, Koennma?”
 
I asked my voice a deadly calm, low, menacing, threatening, and above all a tone of promise, the promise of death.
 
A tone that was all but uncharacteristic.
 
“Well Yuske,”
 
Koennma began.
 
Kagome held her hand in front of the mini monarch (lol) motioning for him to stop speaking. Not that anyone but, Koennma, himself and, Botan, caught the silent threat of instant purification if he where to continue,
 
He didn't.
 
“Not. A. Word.”
 
She bit out her voice cold and icy, akin to, Sesshomaru's, normal tone, cold, hard, relentless, and powerful, the air of authority and superiority.
 
And that little toddler zipped it to! (Yuske)
 
Naturally my attentions turned to my cousin.
 
“You're not dead are you?!”
 
I paused a moment letting my own words find root in my brain.
 
RED FLAG!!!!!
 
“Wait, Aku, didn't…..”
 
I trailed off letting my mind run away with me for a moment to picture horrible death scenes akin to the things I had seen on my countless missions, suddenly my mind snapped back to reality, somehow
 
“You didn't let her get killed did you, Hiei?!”
 
I snapped at ,Hiei. Refocusing myself of the half-pint demon. My anger swelled in me with a burning sensation that coursed through my very soul.
 
“EVEN AFT-”
 
“Shut up detective.” He bit back. Stopping my rant as it begun.
 
The temperature in the room dropped a good 40 degrees, affecting everyone but, Hiei, and seemingly my cousin.
 
“I did no such thing.”
 
Hiei, was obviously unaffected by the glare I shot at him, while his seemed to pierce my very soul. Small pinpricks sprinted down my spine.
 
` hmph, jackass'
 
Kagome sighed, rubbing her temple faster.
 
“Calm down, Yuske.”
 
“Calm down? Calm down?! How the fuck do you expect me to' CALM DOWN????!!!? When my CoUsiN is staring at me in SPIRT WORLD?!??!”
 
I blew a gasket, and a big one at that.
 
And, Kuwabara, (as only he would) would've sweared that WW3 had begun; of course it was pretty one-sided for a worldwide war.
 
“Because the cousin that staring at you in spirit world tells you to. That's how you calm down, Yuske.
Or at least quiet your yelling, you're giving me one of those ` dealing with arrogant, ignorant, insensitive, overly loud, jerks' headaches. I haven't had one in months and I'd like to keep it that way shall we?”
 
She said this all with a deadly calm, the same one I had used earlier yet somehow it conveyed a feeling of annoyance and cold uncaring, it seemed to say. ` Peace & quiet or Pain & quiet you choose.'
 
And I shut up.
 
It wasn't wise to anger a temperamental/emotional girl…,
Keiko, and, Botan, had pounded that into me.
 
Not that I messed with, kags, anyways,
 
That was my death on a platter,
 
` Yuske, extra crispy comin' right up! Yhea that would be fun, bright idea.'
 
Kagome, sighed.
It had been a long hard day, a night too for that matter.
 
* Authoresses pov*
 
 
Koennma, cleared his throat.
 
All eye's settled on him attentively well all but the pairs belonging to, Hiei, and, Kagome.
 
Kagome, didn't feel like looking at the mini monarch and, Hiei, really just didn't give a rat's ass one way or another, so he chose his way, not caring not paying attention, sure he was curious but, Koennma, was not the one who had struck his curiosity (fancy).
 
“Kagome, what's this about? It must be important.”
 
Kagome's, shoulders sagged slightly and only those accustomed to catching the tiniest of details even noticed a change,
 
This of course excluded, Kuwabara, and, Yuske.
 
Hiei, had turned to, Kagome, just in time to catch the small microscopic display.
 
The split-second passed and, Kagome, stood up straight and ridged once more, and slightly stiffer than she was before.
 
Kagome's, Face lost any of the sadness that was laced with her at the moment and soon turned in to a stonic mask of indifference.
 
No emotion passed that wall built around her heart.
 
The wall that, Sesshomaru, tried so hard to get her to adopt in battles, the one she said she would never perfect because it wasn't something she had the heart to do, nor something she could do to that heart of hers.
 
 
But time had hardened her soul and built walls around the thing she desperately needed to protect, for the memory of the ones who died in the final battle for the lost souls that could not leave this earth, and finally for herself.
 
Koennma, knew that, Kagome, was a priestess, the guardian of the Shikon, he knew that, Naraku, was an evil demon after the jewel one she had destroyed, he knew that, Inuyasha, was a half demon and about, Sango, and, Miroku, and, Shippo, and how they all died in the last battle.
 
He knew of her relations with, Sesshomaru, now the lord of Makai. He knew nothing of her time traveling nor of the well and nothing of, Rin, or, Kaede, he truly knew nothing of her past.
 
THE past to be specific. He knew very little about the miko and that is how she kept it. If he knew others could find out.
 
Kikyo, had disappeared in the final battle just before, Inuyasha, had perished from this forbidden land.
 
From the history books and from the minds of man. But not before he made a wish that sent the jewel back to, Kagome, that wish was
 
That no person would ever have to go through being a half demon ever again, no half-blood would be thrown from his family in despise and that humans could live with out the terror permeating their heart of when their last meal would be, if their children could see the sun outside with out running the risk of a demon attack.
 
And this is how, Ennma, and Makai and Ningenkai and the Reikai had come to be. Though his words where not well-planed or nearly as poetic and descriptive, his voice may have been horse and caked with blood and sadness as he revealed his truest wish, to let no on else feel his deepest pain, his sorrow and the pain of his birth right, tainting his fathers blood, name, and line through forbidden love.
 
Kagome, turned to face the Tantei instead of their ruler.
 
This annoyed, Koennma, but he dealt.
 
“A few months ago I fought and destroyed a very powerful demon.
This demon gained his powers by absorbing other demons into him along with anything powerful.
He absorbed anything and everything he could not use.”
 
Kagome's, voice got very glum here despite her mask.
 
“This demons specialty is trickery and betrayal. It amuses him to tear apart love and family, he loves to turn the best of friends into the worst of enemies. He loves to taint and twist hearts.”
 
` Is?'
 
Kagome, paused for a moment to inhale.
 
“This demon was after something very powerful that I possessed,”
 
Hiei, snorted in contempt.
 
“Just a shard of this item could increase any demon or humans powers ten-fold.”
 
Kurama, had questions but he held it, not wanting to deter her from her tale. It was interesting to say, more or less like intriguing, even though somehow and somewhat vague.
 
“In an effort to protect this item from something else, I accidentally shattered it.”
 
Hiei, snorted again. Kagome, gave him a hard glare and then continued.
 
“Hmph, Fine, to make this short”
 
Kagome, stressed short, a lot.
 
“The demon I was fighting, Naraku, obtained well over half of the item.
With the power he gained from these shards he created incarnations of himself.
Through out this adventure he created over 5 or 6 of these incarnations.
Though only 2 stayed constant and lasted throughout all of the battles, Kagura, and, Kanna.”
 
When Kagome, mentioned, Kagura, she nodded her head to Hiei indicating her point, well to him at least.
 
“In the end I and my companions”
 
Kagome's, voice wavered. The word `companions' had a foreign sense of finality to it, one that clung to the air. She continued.
 
“Slayed the demon and his incarnates. In the battle I-”
 
Her sentence was cut short by the ogre, George, bursting through the door behind the couch every one's eyes and heads snapped to the source of the sound making the ogre very nervous and fidgety.
 
“Oh Koennma, sir!”
 
He continued despite the attention.
 
“We have 3 new unexpected souls here sir! I think you need to take a look at this, mr.Koennma sir.”
 
The ogre was distraught and quite frantic. Small strands of hair that clung to hands seemed to indicate that he had been pulling his hair or some poor unfortunate other-person's hair out in stress.
 
He was very twitchy to, nervously twitching every other second.
 
“Well put them back already! I don't have time for this, George!”
 
Koennma, yelled obviously miffed, in a voice that had the reversed meaning of, what-else-do-you-expect-to-do?-keep-them-here-for-20 years??'
 
“But.. well,.. um.. you see um.. sir…we ..uh.. well, sir we can't.”
 
George, finally spit out the words.
 
“What do you mean we can't?”
 
Koennma whined.
 
“Something is preventing us.”
 
“Well-”
 
Koennma's, frustrated voice was silenced once again with the silent threat of purification. This time though, George, recognized the threat and his eyes went wide with understanding and surprise that, lady Kagome, was here along with the Tantei.
 
 
Koennma, once again bit back the end of his remark.
 
“Bring the 3 souls here, George.”
 
George's, eyes flitted nervously around the room then silently landing on, Koennma.
 
George's, eye's asked the silent question of,
 
`Should I?'
 
Koennma, stiffly nodded yes, still wary of, Kagome's, hand. George, scuttled off once again through the door slamming it shut behind them.
 
Kagome, sighed letting her hand drop back to her side.
 
“::sigh:: Look Yuske, this fight was on a personal level for most of my companions, not just some gathering of a willy-nilly group of hero's and stupid heroics ok?”
 
Kuwabara, to offense to that.
 
“Hey! Heroics aren't stupid their brave!”
 
“No Kuwabara,
all it is are people pointlessly putting their lives in danger for public recognition, simply doing it for a show because they think that their powers should be broadcasted throughout the world.
They fight with neon lights to back them up. My group fought in the shadows,
doing what we could here and there.
We faced our own personal demons instead of acting to the world on a throne of perfection.”
 
Kagome, continued like she hadn't just bashed heroes and heroics.
 
“It was personal for, Inuyasha,
he was tricked into thinking that his love betrayed him, and in return was killed by it.
It was personal for, Miroku,
His great-grandfather was cursed by, Naraku, while trying to kill him, and the curse passed down through the generations to each boy down to him. That curse killed his grandfather and his father, his father practically died in front of him as a young boy!
It was personal for, Sango,
Naraku, tricked the best fighters of her village away leaving the rest unprotected, and sent hordes of demons with grudges against the village their.
Then he possessed her little brother and had him kill the rest of her family right in front of her! He tried to kill her and she still wouldn't attack him!
Then he killed her little brother and brought him back to life with a shard and used him against her. Even in the final battle she wouldn't kill attack him, she had to kill her own little brother! Then he killed her.
And at some point, Yuske, it became personal for me.
It was personal for countless others!”
 
she paused for a moment for breath.
 
“Oh gods, Yuske, I really hate to say this to you but,
Now this fight is twice as personal for me and it has just become personal for you, Yuske.”
 
Yuske, looked at he with disbelief a silent question in his eyes
 
`Why? How is it personal for me? Why is it personal for you? What happened?'
 
As if on cue, George, walked through the door once more.
 
Song!!!! Scars- papa roach
 
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
And my scars remind me that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel

Drunk and I'm feeling down
And I just wanna be alone
I'm pissed cause you came around
Why don't you just go home
Cause you channel all your pain
And I can't help you fix yourself
You're making me insane
All I can say is


[Chorus:]
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
And our scars remind us that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel


I tried to help you once
Against my own advice
I saw you going down
But you never realized
That you're drowning in the water
So I offered you my hand
Compassions in my nature
Tonight is our last stand


[Chorus]

I'm drunk and I'm feeling down
And I just wanna be alone
You shouldn't ever came around
Why don't you just go home?
Cause you're drowning in the water
And I tried to grab your hand
And I left my heart open
But you didn't understand
But you didn't understand
Go fix yourself

I can't help you fix yourself
But at least I can say I tried
I'm sorry but I gotta move on with my own life
I can't help you fix yourself
But at least I can say I tried
I'm sorry but I gotta move on with my own life


[Chorus x2]
 
 
 
Ok that's it for now!!
I'm really pleased with this chapter long and detailed! 6 pages in my spiral 16 or so in Microsoft word!! Kudos!!!!! I added a lot!!!
 
But I normally do that, I write it then go back when I type and add more detail. I'm listening to keiichi net so if you noticed any changes in like the way I wrote I'm a mood writer (one of the reasons I don't update frequently)
 
Have I ever, mentioned that I HATE editing? And proof reading and all that grammar stuff?
Like when you add a name in the middle of a sentence you're supposed to put, name, like that and stuff.
And micro doesn't recognize name so I had to go put all of that back in and add missing words and BLAH BLAH BLAh. I normally come [-------] this close to failing language arts when it comes to grammar and stuff.
I'm Texan and I'm country, and I'm WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAyYYYYY to damn lazy for all of that shit. We have an exception to EVERY damn rule!!! ::sigh:: and I don't have a beta…… I don't really want one but it just makes it [-------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------] that much harder. I don't really care about these little chats they can be all, incorrect anytime or loaded with spelling and punctuation errors all they want, but the stories gotta be 110% ( I don't proof the chats and whatnot myself I run spell check… and it's having a mini war with it's self to… lol it can't decide!) but silver lining right?
 
I get to go to a Harry potter release party!!! Soo happy!! I will have songs at the end of most chapters ok? I just find songs I think fit.
 
Originally I planned for this chapter to take up like 12 pgs in my spiral but I got sleepy and figured if I added enough of the details that are always swimming around in this head of mine I could make up. I think I did a pretty damn good job to! If I do say so myself!
 
This chapter's kinda a cliffy but I'll give Pocky to anyone who guesses who's ghosts walk through that door… not that constant foreshadowing didn't point it out….. a lot!
Lol well the contest still stands and I know who kags is gonna be with .. In the next chapter or 2 it might become quite apparent who it is….
 
If you've ever ask for votes from you're reviewers and I reviewed you already know lol.
 
Ahhhhhh srry guys I'm having problems logging in to mm.org!!! So you might get this a day late!!
Gomen !!!!!!
What do you do? It logs you in and the you're not logged on…. It takes you where you where last but theirs no record of you logging in!!!!!!!!!!
 
Help me someone!!!!!…..
I'll reboot my comp…….. nah that won't work someone tell me what to do!!
Satare: if they read this you do realize that that means you got ON right? Neh idiot…
Me: shut up!
Sana: bye forgive us will you?
~* Omake Theater *~
 
The four detectives stared down their next mission, err well, opponent. It was a young girl demon that had come to Ningenkai to kill some humans for a bounty.
 
The girl apparently found the prospect that these four `spirit detectives' could bring her down.
She smiled and evil dangerous smile that was full of blood lust.
 
“You've entered MY territory. And now my little detectives you are in lots of danger.”
 
Wicked wicked grin found it's place on her rough and tumble features.
 
Her eye's where black even the whites of her eyes where black, it always seemed like she was watching you. Her hair was a bold contrast to the rest of her, it was a toned down pink color tied in a loose uncaring ponytail.
 
She was well fit with a tight sinewy body. She moved like a snake calm, calculating, and smoothly as water. Unlike most of the demons they fought she was a fluent mover.
 
She wore a human attire of jeans witch had various holes and…stains about it. A small white tank top that showed her midriff covered the shirt department.
 
Yuske snorted.
“I laugh in the face of danger, I'm hardly scared of you.
 
Shiniki looked at him with her black eyes, a feral grin seeping onto her lips.
 
Suddenly vines shot up from the ground ensnaring all of them in an ironclad grip. Even, Kurama, was having difficulty convincing the plants to release him.
 
Shiniki laughed back deep and menacing, not an evil ` I will rule the world now that you are defenseless' laugh but one of joy.
 
Hiei looked to, Yuske, glaring at the stupid idiot who just made their job harder.
 
“I think danger is laughing right back at you detective”
~* End Omake Theatre! *~
 
This Omake theatre was inspired by lion king. When Nala is all like ` I laugh in the face of danger ha ha ha ha!' that part, I just added some wit to the statement… well that and another person.
 
 
Well Ja Ne Ookami say's bye!
And the Credits Roll!