Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Paradox ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I finally finished this dang prologue! Lol. I've had it mostly written for like months. Hope you all like it, this style of writing is differentto me. You'll see what I mean in a moment.
 
Well, all that's left to be said is: Read, Review, and ENJOY!! XD
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Summary-When Kurama needs to visit some shrines to do some research for his thesis, Hiei decides to tag along and sees someone he thought he'd never see again. The apocalypse has arrived; Hiei is actually shocked. “Impossible…I saw you die.” Kagome jerked away from him, “Excuse-what did you say?!”
Genre- Adventure, Humor, Romance, Friendship, Drama, Angst…
 
Pairings-
Major- Hiei/Kagome
Minor- I have no idea. Probably canon pairings (Yusuke/Kieko, Sango/Miroku) Maybe I'll let you guys choose, tell me what you think.
 
Setting- There's really no set time that I'm starting at. It's pretty random, but all I can tell you for sure is that technically, it starts out before Hiei gets his Jagan transplanted, goes the to the ice domain, realizes he had a sister and all that good stuff. Then when Kagome finally meets Hiei in the Feudal Era, that's after he gets his Jagan eye. Keyword is Feudal Era guys...you'll see why later ;)
 
Ages- Uhmm, 2 years after Kagome's little trip down the well. That would make her 17. Yusuke, Kieko, and Kuwabara will be 16. Kurama is 17. Hiei looks like he's 17. Sango would be 19, Miroku 21, and Inuyasha looks like he's 17.
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Kagome's Thoughts--
 
#Hiei's Thoughts#
 
*Kurama's Thoughts*
 
#Youko's Thoughts#
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Disclaimer- As much as I wish I did, I DO NOT own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho, just the plot of this story and any OC's that happen to pop up! XD
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Paradox--
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Prologue--
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Joy flooded the clearing, cloaking everyone within it. It was like a fog, leaving no area untouched.
The battle; it was finally over. The dark hanyou; finally dead, defeated, killed by the hands of his beloved.
Their relief and ebullience permeated their surroundings- that is, until the fear, pain, and horror spiked. Until the scent of blood, pure blood flowed through the air.
Slowly, oh so very slowly, his head turned. Crimson eyes locked with petrified, dulling blue, and then those ruby orbs widened with stricken, morbid horror. A gasp strangled its way from the hybrids throat. “Ka-Kagome…” His heart stopped momentarily.
Time seemed to slow down as he stood frozen, watching as the woman of interest crumpled to the ground with an excruciating slow motion. First her knees buckled, then her legs gave out from under before she flailed, albeit it lightly, and then hit the ground with a thud.
All the while, her eyes- those same eyesfilled with so much pain whichwould haunt him for life - never wavered from his.
He took one step forward but a humongous, overpowering influx of miko-ki stunned him, rendering him immobile.
Something, her presence, slowly dissipated from his mind as the bright flash began to fade. Panic spread throughout his body, though it wasn't visible.
Reality finally struck; his mind finally comprehended the severity of the situation. A terrified roar ripped out from his throat “KAGOME!!”
He disappeared in a flash of black, reappearing beside the previously named person. By that time, the glow had completely disappeared.
His stomach twisted sickeninglyat the scene he stepped into -his throat closed, his eyes burned. His lips trembled ever so slightly.
All that was left was her bow, broken in half with the string snapped.
Next to it was only a pile of ash…
Which suspicious and remarkably smelt like thunder and chocolate.
His hand hesitantly reached out, dazed, unbelieving ashis fingers felt the grainy textureof the ash.
His hand retracted from the pile, as if he had beenelectrocuted. That residual powerthat remained…it was so poignant...
His breath caught, his face contorted into pain, his fists clenched so painfully that it drew blood.
That was when he saw it…
His mother's hiruiseki stone, the same one he'd given his mate-to-be as his courting gift…
His heart stopped…
A small, lost whimper escaped him.#No…Kami, no…#
Unseen by wide eyes, a dark tear built up in the corner of his eyes, spilling over to trickle down his cheek. It paused at his chin, suspended for a moment, before it began its descent to the ground.
The clearing was so damn silent, everyone could hear the clink of the hiruiseki stone as it impacted the ground.
A stricken whisper confirmed his worst fears. “Ain't that…ain't that Kagome's scent?”
Fury, angered, dark crimson eyes snapped to meet wide, horrified gold eyes.
An evil snarl ripped out. “You're an Inu, what do youthink.” he snapped darkly.
Inuyasha opened his mouth automatically to respond, months of bantering instincts kicking in, but no words formed.
It didn't matter becausehe snatched up the twostonesbefore he disappeared once more in a flash…
Only this time he never did reappear.
That was the day he completely closed himself off from the worldonce again, from the friends and allies he made.
The day over a hundred of low-level demons `mysteriously' disappeared, not too far from the clearing they all stood…
They couldn't blame him…they would have done the same if it was them in his situation…
The day Ningens returned to the top of his most despised lists…all until 500 years later when he stole from the Reiki vault and was forced onto a team composed of one psychic human, a Mazoku, and the closest he had to a best friend - a human avatar.
The day his heart iced over fully, never to be melted until he found his sister.
--
Storm clouds rolled into the sky as it darkened with every minute.
A dark figure loomed in up in the tree, eyes shut.
His breathing was slow, almost indiscernible as he listened faintly to the faraway rumblings of an oncoming thunderstorm. His black, gravity-defying air rippled against the strong breeze.
Another figure strolled to the very same tree, his head of long, red hair tilted up as his emerald green eyes peered through the vegetation at the figure. His eyes flashed with interest as he felt the tree convey the other man's somber depression.
He could practically feel the spirit within him cock his head in response.*Hey Red, what's with Shortie?* he asked curiously.
Kurama's eyes narrowed in deep thought. *I don't know Youko...what is wrong, Hiei?*
One of Hiei's eyes cracked open send a lidded stare back at Kurama.
#Nothing fox...# Hiei's eyes slid close once again, basking in the hurtful, yet wistful memories from so long ago.
When his eyes opened once more, ruby red orbs glared at the stormy blue sky which so painfully reminded him of her. #It's nothing at all...# he thought bitterly.
Kurama glanced at Hiei skeptically and concern seeped into his gaze.
--
A young woman gazed out her window into the same darkening sky, staring with solemn blue-grey eyes out into the nothingness. Her small fists clutched at the blanket that enveloped her.
Her lips trembled slightly. A whisper floated into the air. “It's soon…I canfeel it…”
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Words- 907
 
You know, I always used to hate stories like this, where you get a little preview of what happens at the end - it just fills you up with anticipation, and you have to wait a longish time to read the whole thing when you want to now what happened like right nowlol.
 
But then again, I can totally see why its so appealing to do ^^
 
Anywhoo. soo how'd I do?
 
Till next time,
RainLily ^^