Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Battle for One ❯ A Battle for One ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey everybody! Hope you enjoyed the last chapter. So I guess ON WITH HE CHAPTER!! ^_^

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^

Kuwabara and Takarin went into the ring as Kuwabara unleashed his Spirit Sword. The battle was on when the bell rang out and echoed on the walls of the arena. . Kuwabara didn't waste anytime in trying to get the lead. He slashed and striked, but Takarin dodged with little effort and used his tiger like swiftness. After about five minutes of that, Takarin got bored and started to fight back. He made it past the sword's swings and started ripping Kuwabara's uniform and even Kuwabara himself with his razor sharp claws. He lost a lot of blood in a matter of a couple minutes, but while the enemy was distracted with his strikes, Kuwabara unleashed the sword with a little force out into it and sliced the tiger's head off. He panted and breathed harshly in trying to catch his breath as the announcer declared him the winner of the first round of three. Yusuke helped him of the arena floor and Botan fixed him up the best she could.

The next battle was Fox Demon against Fox Demon with Kurama, the silver fox turned human against Moko, the black fox.

The cunning tricksters eyed each other and everyone was already making their bets.

`Who would win the battle with the most slyest demons of the Demon World?' Everyone wondered.

Kurama and Moko stepped into the ring still eyeing each other. The signal of the battle was announced and Moko charged at Kurama. Kurama dodged and pulled a rose from his hair. Moko laughed when he saw the rose thinking it was nothing more until he felt his skin being cut into. He opened his eyes and saw that he was tied up by a whip with thorns. He tried getting loose but it was no use; he cuts kept getting deeper and even worse than they already were. Finally he unleashed all his Spirit Energy to try and get the Rose Whip off of him, but he still couldn't shake it. He wriggled around until on of the thorns pierced one of the blue power balls on he right side of his vest, making some green smoke fill the arena. Kurama and Moko had breathed in some of the smoke, Kurama by accident, and both started to take another form, their demon form. Kurama was now back to his Youko Kurama, kill-happy self. Moko looked somewhat like Youko Kurama except he was black with white hair and had a gold earring in one of his ears. Now the real battle was on. Moko charged Youko Kurama, but he was too slow and Youko Kurama dodged. Youko Kurama didn't waste any time in joining in the fun. He called out his plants and had them attack Moko immediately. He had troubles dodging them since he used all his energy in the previous attacks. At last Moko started to slow down and Youko Kurama's plants went in for the kill. They cut a deep gash at his ankle and spread their poison within it. It was now only a matter second before it spread completely inside of the black fox. Youko Kurama watched mercilessly as Moko died groveling at his feet. Once Moko was dead and gone and Kurama was declared the winner, Youko Kurama bent down and picked off one of the yellow power balls on the left side of Moko's vest and poked it open so the green smoke came out of it. This time Youko Kurama breathed it in purposely and waited until he was back to his redheaded Kurama self again. Once he was back to his human form he walked off the stadium.

"God, Kurama! Why does it always seem like someone has some kind of something that makes you turn into Youko." Yusuke questioned.

"Just lucky I guess! Right, buddy!?" Kuwabara yelled throwing his arm around Kurama's shoulders and swung him back and forth.

"I take it you're feeling better then?" Kurama stated pulling away from his captor.

"A little, but yeah. I mean after you showed him what the better fox is like, right?"

"That's just how I really am when I'm in my demons form."

Before Kuwabara could strike up another attempt for a conversation with the fox, Kurama walked over to where Hiei and Sazuka were sitting. He enjoyed the peaceful quiet that came around them. They kept to themselves so they didn't bother anyone else. Of course, there were a few times when they would ask something, but didn't mind if they were asked something of themselves in return. Kurama like them for that reason and more.

"Get tired of the goon squad over there?" Hiei smirked, looking up.

"Yeah, I guess. Do you know who's up next?"

"I think it's Yusuke." Sazuka replied.

Kurama nodded.

They were silent after that.

The announcer came up and said the next round was in two minutes and to pick your battlers. Just like Sazuka said, Yusuke was going up. On the other side of the stadium you could see a blue demon with hills on his neck, obviously a Water Demon.

"You going to watch, Fox?" Hiei asked looking at him again.

"No, how about you?"

Hiei shook his head `no'. "I think they got a messed up team anyways. I mean, one Tiger Demon, one For Demon, and now a Water Demon. What next?"

"Oh and like ours isn't? Our leader is half human half demon, and than a regular human, a Fire Demon, a Fox Demon, and now a new Ice Demon, and the Grim Reaper as a healer. How is that not weird and messed up as well?"

"Hn."

"That's what I thought."

Sazuka glanced over at the battle. Yusuke was using another shotgun and, by the looks of things, that was all that was needed…she was right. Yusuke just one the battle.

The announcer rang over the stadium once more. "Attention, everyone! I'm proud to announce that the Urameshi Team as advanced. Thank you for trying, Kensuki Team, but you're disqualified. The next match will be the Warun Team against the Malindo Team."

Sazuka stood up and walked to the other side of the stadium to where the Kensuki team was collecting their things. She knew her team was watching and that Hiei was even following her to see what she would do, but she knew it was only the right thing to do.

It was obvious to tell which one was the leader. It wasn't hard to miss when everything he was picking up had `Leader' written on it somewhere.

She tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around. He was a fairly muscular demon, probably something like a Bear Demon in human form or a Panther Demon He had somewhat messy black-brown hair and a long scar coming across his right eye and down past his cheek.

As soon as he turned around the rest of the team came huddling around her.

"Yeah, can I help you with something?" He asked in a grubby, kind of deep, scratchy voice.

She held out her hand and replied. "I'm sorry you didn't win. My name's Sazuka, a member of the Urameshi Team. Sir, I just wanted to tell you that you did a great job out there."

The demon looked at her and smiled after a minutes. He took her hand and shook it gently. "Name's Bersoke, the leader as you probably guessed from all the stuff. And by the way, congratulations to your team too."

Sazuka could feel the rest of the team back off as their leader said this and knew she was being trusted.

After a second they released each other's hands and said their good-bye's after a quick `good luck' and `we'll be rooting for ya' encouragement from the Kensuki Team.

She thanked them and turned around to see Hiei leaning against a wall near hem. She walked over and then they walked in silence back towards their team side by side.

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^^V^V^^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^

There it is! Chapter 3. I hope you enjoyed it and I'm already working on Chapter 4 for ya.

I enjoy reviews but you don't have to if you don't want to. Laterz.