Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Battle for One ❯ A Battle for One ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey, everyone! Here it is, Chappie 4! I hope you enjoy it.

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^

~The Hotel Room~

The hotel room was fairly big. It had three bedrooms with hood sizes, each connecting to the large bathroom, a nice sized kitchen, the living room, and the outside deck. Every room had a king sized bed. A closet with a dresser cabinet next to it, and than the one door that led to the bathroom. The main rooms had a large table with some chairs around it, a couple couches, and some other chairs scattered about for comfort privacy times. On the far end of the room were two large windows that stretched to the floor with benches built into them and between them was a pair of glass doors that led out to the balcony.

"So who gets the rooms?" Yusuke asked stepping into the middle of the living room.

"I think Botan should get one since…" Kuwabara started but before he could finish Botan

spoke up.

"No thanks. I'll be heading back to Koenma's at night and," eyeing Hiei, "I'll be taking Yukina with me." A big protest could be heard from Kuwabara. Botan turned to Yusuke, "And Keiko asked if she could watch too."

"What about my sister?" Kuwabara wondered.

"She said she didn't want to come this time."

Yusuke and Kuwabara did a quick celebration dance.

"You can fight over the rooms if you want to," Hiei said changing the subject, "I'm sleeping at the window."

"Well then that's two people down. Sazuka you can…" Kuwabara started again only to be stopped again.

"I'll be sleeping on the couch." She finished before the human redhead could give her a room.

"You sure?"

She nodded.

"Well, that was easy. Ok, then, I'm going to get settled." Yusuke announced.

~That Night~

Sazuka was sitting awake on the couch. Yusuke and Kuwabara went out a while ago to do Kami knows what. Kurama went to bed about the time Yusuke and the other redhead left. Botan left a couple hours after they left as well. Hiei, the only other person awake, was sitting on the window bench looking out the glass.

It was a little stuffy in the room so Sazuka headed out to the balcony. She walked past Hiei and through the doors that led to it. It was cold and dark outside but it was better than the room. She heard the door open and close again follow by a few light footsteps and a swish of a cloak. She turned around and saw Hiei sitting the way he always does, with one leg propped up with his arm around it and the other swinging freely over the edge, on the railing.

"To warm inside for you?" Hiei smirked without looking at her.

Sazuka looked back and shook her head. "No, just a little stuffy. Besides, out her I can't feel anything."

"Me neither."

The sound of a door opened from the inside and then some shouting and yells.

Hiei jumped from the railing and they walked in together.

They saw Kuwabara and Yusuke shouting countless things that are meaningless and Kurama yelling at them for being too loud and how late it was.

"They're acting funny. What's wrong with them, Hiei?" Sazuka asked looking at him.

"It's what a human calls `having too much to drink'. They can't think straight now because they're drunk so they don't really know what they're doing or saying." Hiei responded looking annoyed at the two.

"Does that mean they can't fight tomorrow?"

"If they're still like this, than yes. That's means we can't afford to lose any battles tomorrow. We'll have to win all of ours if we want to advance."

"So I'll have to fight?"

Hiei nodded.

Sazuka nodded and looked back at the scene created by their two drunken members.

Kurama was sitting on the couch rubbing his temples and sighing.

Yusuke and Kuwabara could be heard from Yusuke's room.

Sazuka joining him and Hiei sat on the arm of the couch.

"This isn't good at all." Kurama stayed when they did.

"We know." Hiei told him.

Kurama looked straight ahead and sighed again.

"I won't be able to get to sleep at all if they keep up like this, it'll be too hard to put up a fight if I don't though."

"You can sleep on the couch."

"Then where'll you sleep? The other couch isn't big enough to lie down on."

"Don't worry about me. I'll sleep on the other window bench. Now I'm going to go to sleep and I suggest that you do the same." She walked over to the window opposite of Hiei's and laid down.

Soon after all three demons settled down they all fell asleep.

~In the Morning~

Sazuka woke up from the sun and looked to see if anyone else was awake. Kurama was in the kitchen making breakfast and Hiei was watching him from the counter.

She walked over to them and Kurama answered, without lookup, her unasked question.

"Yusuke and Kuwabara are passed out on the floor in Yusuke's room. We're going to have to fight without them today."

She nodded and took a seat next to the Fire Demon.

They ate their eggs and toast in silence and then Kurama wrote a note for the other two saying they left for the tournament.

~At the Tournament~

Hiei went to look at the lineups and Kurama waited with Sazuka at an unoccupied wall.

The Fire Demon came back, flitting into view smirking.

"This is going to be easy by the looks of it. The next team we battle is the Tree-Rock Demons and you can only guess what it consists of. The only one who isn't a Tree-Rock Demon is their leader and he's a Skyler Demon. His only advantage in battles is when he flies so there's nothing to worry about."

The other two nodded.

"So it's just like you said last night, Hiei. All we have to do is win all three of our battles and we advance easy." Kurama restated.

Sazuka just looked away. "It looks like they're about to start."

Hiei flitted over to the bench, Kurama and Sazuka followed walking.

"The first match will begin!" The announcer started. "The Urameshi Team against the Tree-Rock Demons Team! Fighters, choose who'll go first!"

Kurama said he'd go first and was up against Rocky-D.